FILA have unveiled two pairs of limited edition shoes to commemorate the 25th anniversary of The Notorious B.I.G.’s classic album ‘Ready to Die’.
Read more: The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Ready To Die’ at 25: 9 surprising things about the era-defining album
The seminal album, which features the tracks ‘Juicy’, ‘Warning’, and ‘One More Chance’, turned 25 back in September, but the legendary rapper’s legacy lives on thanks
- Jennifer Lopez faced off against Jimmy Fallon in a TikTok challenge on the latest episode of the at-home Tonight Show. Spoiler: she won.
J. Lo and Fallon tried out several TikTok dances after watching them only once, with pretty impressive results.
After their dance-off, the pair chatted about making the most of being at home and slowing down in quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic.
“We’ve been making the best of it,” Lopez said. “There’s been some really scar
- Björk has announced that she has had to postpone her 2020 orchestral concert dates due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Read more: “I get turned on by nature”: Björk’s most Björk-like quotes
In a statement via Instagram, the Icelandic musician said: “dearestest of concert lovershere i am , in iceland , all safe from them viruses but unable to travel to you this summer. i hope sincerely you are safe too
“i look around and this corona has strangely giv
- Eminem has announced that he will be hosting an online listening party for his third studio album, ‘The Marshall Mathers LP’ next week.
Read more: Eminem’s ‘The Marshall Mathers LP’ at 20: why it’s a misunderstood masterpiece
The album, which features the singles ‘The Real Slim Shady’, ‘Stan’, ‘The Way I Am’, and ‘Bitch Please II’, is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
Sharing the news on social media, the ra
- The ultimate celebration clash is set for Saturday (May 23) at 8 p.m. ET between dancehall music’s titans Beenie Man and Bounty Killer. The Jamaican champion sounds will ring throughout the world via Instagram for the reggae loving masses.
Ever since the whole Swizz Beatz and Timbaland created social media battle platform Verzuz wave kicked off, bringing a much-needed spark of joy and excitement to the dreadful pandemic grind, those of us who love and respect dancehall music and Jamaican s
- No one likes doing laundry, but Madonna took it a step further with her latest Instagram post.
On Saturday (May 23), the pop superstar posted a photo of herself on Instagram, where the star is seen wearing nothing but a thong and a see-through bra, with her breasts fully exposed. For her caption, the singer kept it simple, writing that the revealing outfit represented her “current wardrobe sitch.”The photo is just one example of Madonna’s increased activity on Instagram, where
- Lizzo can’t wait for the summer season to arrive.
On Saturday (May 23), the 32-year-old rapper shared some steamy poolside photos of herself prepping for the heat in a colorful blue and pink bikini with a matching face mask and gloves.
“Welcome to summer 2020,” Lizzo wrote on Instagram.In addition to the summer-ready pics, the “Truth Hurts” rapper also shared a slow-motion video of herself twerking on the steps of a swimming pool.
“Go look in the mirror. That
- Rising afro-jazz singer Nissi capped off the final day of performances for Billboard’s Platoon Africa Artist Showcase with a moving black-and-white performance.
During her three-song set on Saturday (May 23), the London-based Nigerian singer, who is the younger sister of Burna Boy, delivered an encouraging message to viewers who may be struggling during the coronavirus pandemic.
“I know it’s a tough time for everyone living through these times,” Nissi said halfway through
- Hilary Duff has had it with Twitter trolls.
On Saturday (May 23) morning, the singer/actress’ name became a trending topic on the site when a number of users made unfounded accusations of child trafficking against her, based on an Instagram story she posted containing photos of her son. In one of the since-deleted pictures, her son can be seen laying down nude, with lotion on his body.Duff decided to respond via tweet, stating that the accusations were not only untrue, but that they were i
- Laura Marling has revealed that she micro-doses magic mushrooms as she studies for her masters degree.
Read more: Laura Marling: “America has become a bit more sinister now that it’s Trump-addled”
Speaking in a new interview, the singer-songwriter, who is currently studying for a masters degree in psychoanalysis, said she had an “amazing routine” that included hallucinogens before the coronavirus lockdown started.
“It’s difficult to not have the gro
- Rising self-described “electro-fusion” artist WurlD kicked off the final day of performances on Saturday (May 23) for Billboard’s Platoon Africa Artist Showcase with a fun and funky Billboard Live At-Home performance.
Sitting in his living room, dressed in a sparkling black sweater and accompanied by his bassist and guitarist (both wearing masks), WurlD offered up a special showcase, combining (in one case, literally) the music of his past projects, including I L
- ABBA‘s Björn Ulvaeus has shared that the Swedish supergroup will be releasing some new music later this year.
Read more: The greatest pop songs in history – ABBA, ‘The Day Before You Came’
In 2018, the Swedish pop group announced the intention to record new material – over 35 years on from their last foray into the studio. It was originally hoped that new music would have emerged by Christmas 2018, but they have yet to materialise.
Speaking in a new interv
- Cardi B has some impressive new ink.
In a new Instagram post on Friday (May 22), the rapper proudly revealed her giant colorful back tattoo, which features various types of flowers, a butterfly and a hummingbird. The intricate artwork was done by Union3Tattoo’s Jamie Schene.
“Soooo here it is! It took me several months but I’m finally finished. This is my back tattoo!” Cardi captioned the video. “It goes from the top of my back to the middle of my thigh. Thank you @
- Robbie Williams has revealed that his father has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
Read more: Robbie Williams on mental health, new biography ‘Reveal’ and why he wants to perform with Liam
The former Take That singer is currently self-isolating with his wife and children at their home in Los Angeles, while his father, Pete Conway, has remained in the UK throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking in a new interview, Williams said that he has been experiencing
- via rollingstone.comRapper delivers four tracks both inside and outside of her house
- Saturday (May 23) marks the 20th anniversary of Eminem’s third album, The Marshall Mathers LP. His magnum opus not only shattered records on the Billboard 200 (debuted at No. 1 with a whopping 1.78 million copies its opening week) but highlighted his abilities as a raw and gifted storyteller. With Em looking to shed light on his real-life persona of Marshall Mathers, he hired famed photographer Jonathan Mannion to help capture his vision.
Mannion, who previously shot legendary album c
- The singer - who stars alongside her sisters Danielle and Alana in the pop rock group Haim - thinks being stuck indoors during the coronavirus pandemic
- The 'Love Me Like You Do' hitmaker - who tied the knot with art dealer Caspar Jopling last year - admitted while she always wondered what her
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week:
Shakira’s Return to The Voice
Colombian superstar Shakira joined past and present coaches on The Voice for an epic performance of Pete Townshend’s “Let My Love Open the Door.” Alongside CeeLo Green, Nick Jonas, Blake Shelton, Bebe Rexha, John
- The singer is self-isolating with fiance Orlando Bloom and his nine-year-old son, Flynn.
- The couple wed in September 2018.
- The Bonkers hitmaker also served meals to children and families.
- The new single dropped on Friday.
Slipknot’s Corey Taylor says he’s finished his debut solo album: “This is the perfect time to do it”Slipknot‘s Corey Taylor has revealed that he’s finished work on his debut solo album.
The record was announced last year when Taylor said he was “putting a band together” to make his first solo work.Read more: The Big Read – Slipknot: “I’m just going to tell you the facts: this album is a masterpiece”Appearing as part of Halestorm vocalist Lzzy Hale’s YouTube series We Are Hear, Taylor detailed who is in the previously mentioned band &nd
- System of a Down, Faith No More and Korn have released new dates for their joint shows at LA’s Banc of California Stadium.
The three acts were forced to postpone the shows on May 22 and May 23 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Now, they’ve announced that the same concerts will take place on May 21 and May 22, 2021.Read more: Coronavirus: every cancelled gig, festival and tour – and how to get your ticket refundOriginal support acts Helmet and Russian Circles will also be on boar
- Owen Pallett has shared a surprise new album – listen to ‘Island’ below.
The new record, out via Domino, is the Canadian multi-instrumentalist and some-time Arcade Fire member’s first new release in six years.
The almost entirely acoustic release is comprised of 13 songs, and features contributions from the London Contemporary Orchestra, recorded at the legendary Abbey Road Studios.
Listen to ‘Island’ in its entirety below.As well as sharing the full album, Pa
- John Lydon will host a virtual party on Sunday morning, June 7th, at 5am EST / 2 AM PST www.facebook.com/pilofficial
- Los Angeles hardcore band Trash Talk have announced their first new release in four years.
New EP ‘Squalor’ will come out next week (June 5) and is produced by the in-demand Kenny Beats.Read more: “I only work with people I’m obsessed with”: How Kenny Beats became the most sought-after producer of his generation‘Squalor’ will follow the band’s 2016 album ‘Tangle’ and is being previewed by first single ‘Something Wicked’.
- Bright Eyes have postponed their 2020 UK and European tour and have announced fresh dates for 2021.
The recently reunited band had planned to tour Europe this summer, finishing with a big London show at Hammersmith Apollo and a slot at End Of The Road Festival in September.Read more: World exclusive – Conor Oberst on Bright Eyes’ return: “We’re notorious for not making good commercial decisions”End Of The Road’s 2020 edition was cancelled this week due to the
- Lady Gaga has spoken about her friendship with Elton John in a new interview.
The singer, who will release new album ‘Chromatica’, her first since 2016’s ‘Joanne’, later this month, spoke about how making the new record helped her heal from past trauma. She added that John has supported her “to really take care of myself”.Read more: Lady Gaga’s ‘Bad Romance’ at 10 – how the surreal single shook the pop landscapeJohn, who appears o
- A postman on the Isle Of Sheppey has dressed up as KISS‘ Gene Simmons for his delivery round to boost morale during lockdown.
Gary Underdown, who is a self-described KISS superfan, donned Simmons’ full iconic makeup for recent shifts. He even attracted the attention of the band and Simmons himself.
“Gary Underdown is keeping spirits up in the UK by delivering the mail as The Demon Gene Simmons during quarantine,” the band wrote on Twitter. “We love it!”
- Billy Idol was the latest guest for Jimmy Fallon‘s “at-home remixes” with the presenter’s house band The Roots.
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon has been experimenting with performances during quarantine by getting musicians to use household objects to perform iconic pop songs on the show remotely. Idol joined Fallon and The Roots for a rendition of his 1981 hit ‘Dancing With Myself’ on Thursday (May 21), replete with blender tapping
- Green Day have shared a new full-band cover of Blondie classic ‘Dreaming’.
The new track comes complete with its own video, which relives the band’s days on tour. It arrives a week after Green Day had to postpone a host of summer tour dates.Read more: The Big Read – Green Day: “We live our lives as if we have nothing”Throughout lockdown, the band’s frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has been sharing a host of coronavirus quarantine covers every week, but this
- Organisers of Serbia’s Exit Festival are “thrilled” to announce that the event will go ahead in August.
The 2020 edition of the festival, which marks its 20th anniversary, was confirmed earlier this week (May 21). Serbian prime minister Ana Brnabić recommended it be postponed from its original July dates to August instead of being cancelled “because we expect the situation in the whole of August to be totally under control by then” [via IQ].Read more: UK festiv
- Haim gave their new single ‘Don’t Wanna’ its live debut last night (May 22), performing on The Late Late Show with James Corden from their respective homes.
The track, which is the latest preview of the trio’s upcoming third album ‘Women In Music Pt. III’, came out earlier this week.Read more: The Big Read – Haim: “The mantra of this record is all about being fearless”After talking to Corden about their quarantine habits and experiences, the
- An estimated 3,000 people attended a gig in Tel Aviv on Thursday (May 21) that was organised as an official protest.
Concerts are still banned under social distancing measures in Israel, with the country recordinf at least 279 deaths from coronavirus. Contained protests, however, are still permitted.Read more: Coronavirus – every cancelled gig, festival and tour – and how to get your ticket refundOrganisers billed the new event as ‘Behind The Scenes: An Assembly Of Solidarity&r
- The model died of a heroin overdose in April 2014, at the age of 25, and Bob admits it's still "impossible" for him to truly express the grief he's felt since.
- The 46-year-old singer - who is currently in lockdown in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Ayda Field - has revealed he's been fighting "fear and panic"
- Nasty Cherry have shared full details of their second EP and shared a new song.
The NME 100 stars will release ‘Season 2’, the follow-up to their 2019 debut EP ‘Season 1’, this summer via their mentor Charli XCX‘s Vroom Vroom Recordings.Read more: Nasty Cherry: the Charli XCX-formed band reveal all about their new Netflix reality showAfter sharing single ‘Shoulda Known Better’, the opening track from the EP, last month, the four-piece have now unveiled n
- Lana Del Rey has sent “a couple of final notes” about an Instagram post that has courted controversy after she named female artists to hit back at claims her music “glamorises abuse”.
The singer has denied fans and journalists’ interpretation of her note as an attack on the artists she named, most of whom were women of colour, including Cardi B, Kehlani, Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé.
“I’m sorry that the folks who I can only assume are super Trump/Pence
- "Still in shock of this very bad news. #MoryKante was my brother. We've been together since the #RailBand and he was truly family.
- U.S. Senators have vowed to block the House-approved HEROES Act (H.R. 6800), which contains a second — and bigger — stimulus check for Americans. But that doesn’t mean a second stimulus check won’t eventually be approved. Will Americans receive a second stimulus check anytime soon? Already, the House of Representatives has approved a beefy stimulus […]The post Is a Second Stimulus Check Coming? U.S. Senate Says ‘Not So Fast’ appeared first o
- 100 gecs have enlisted GFOTY and DJ Count Baldor for a new remix of ‘Stupid Horse’, taken from their forthcoming remix album ‘1000 Gecs and the Tree of Clues’.
They’ve also share a frighteningly-animated music video in which GFOTY and Count Baldor play 100 gecs, watched on a television by Simpsons-esque avators of the real duo. Watch it below:GFOTY alters the original titular lyric of “Stupid horse/just fell out of the porsche”, to include a new vast arr
- Lushsux, the Australian artist behind the viral 50 Cent mural mashups has now moved on to a new target – Snoop Dogg.
The artist, who recently claimed he was attacked over his 50 Cent murals, first teased fans over his new painting subject with a series of photos yesterday (May 22), sharing two mashup samples of Snoop Dogg’s face over Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
See it below:View this post on Instagrami think its time to paint snoopy dog dog too, i see him lurk 50's posts, which on
- In February, we reported that Burning Man (via its Black Rock City, LLC parent company) had officially filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of the Interior over the escalating cost of land-use permits. Now, with Burning Man having canceled this year’s edition, the federal government has moved to dismiss the legal complaint. Digital Music […]The post Burning Man’s Lawsuit Against the U.S. Government Is Probably Dead appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Following the U.S. Army and Navy TikTok ban, Congress is now seeking to ban TikTok on all government devices. Last year the U.S. Navy, followed by the Army, instituted a ban of TikTok on government-issued devices. Now, members of Congress are seeking to extend that ban to ALL government-issued devices. Representatives Ken Buck (R-CO) and […]The post There’s a Bill In Congress Called the ‘No TikTok on Government Devices Act (H.R. 6896)’ appeared first on Digit
- Katy admits she started work on the new album - her fifth - when she was in a dark place two years ago and feels the project is a kind of a rebirth.
- The singer is also often puzzled by fans who insist she doesn't look like someone with mental health struggles.
- During Justin and Hailey Bieber’s Facebook Live session for their latest The Biebers on Watch installment on Friday (May 22), the couple reminisced on their first kiss.
“He asked me to go get sushi with him and I called my parents to ask them if I could go and they said no. They were like absolutely not, you’re not going to hang out with Justin by yourself, that’s not happening,” Hailey explained.
Thankfully, the model’s sister “covered” for h
- Kehlani’s breakup ballad about her previous “Toxic” relationship debuted at No. 68 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week (dated May 23).
She recruited Ty Dolla $ign for some smooth background vocals following their “Nights Like This” track from last year, which peaked at No. 67 on the Hot 100. As much as the R&B crooner’s ex puts her right in her feelings, Kehlani also blames another “man” — Don Julio, the tequila brand — for maki
28 May 202027 May 202026 May 202025 May 202024 May 202022 May 202021 May 202020 May 202019 May 202018 May 2020
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!