A postman on the Isle Of Sheppey has dressed up as KISS‘ Gene Simmons for his delivery round to boost morale during lockdown.
Gary Underdown, who is a self-described KISS superfan, donned Simmons’ full iconic makeup for recent shifts. He even attracted the attention of the band and Simmons himself.
“Gary Underdown is keeping spirits up in the UK by delivering the mail as The Demon Gene Simmons during quarantine,” the band wrote on Twitter. “We love it!”
- London’s Southbank Centre says it’s at risk of closure until at least April of next year, detailing its financial struggles due to coronavirus in a new statement.
Read more: Live after lockdown: venues on the idea of gigs with social distancing
The centre, which includes the Royal Festival Hall venue, has been shut since March 17, and says its financial reserves will run out by this September.
Making a new statement today (May 25), Southbank has called on the UK government to support
- Doja Cat has issued a statement denying allegations that she took part in racism online.
Read more: Doja Cat, you’ve been cancelled: how the novelty ‘Mooo!’ rapper became 2018’s ‘Milkshake Duck’
On Friday (May 22), the singer came under fire on Twitter when the hashtag #DojaCatIsOverParty went viral after it was alleged that she had taken part in racist video chats and wrote a song in 2015 called ‘Dindu Nuffin’, a racist slur mocking vict
- IDLES have shared a huge new remix of Hull four-piece LIFE‘s recent single ‘Switching On’ – listen to the NME premiere below.
Read more: LIFE launched their new album in a kebab shop in Camden, so we went down and asked, “Why?”
The standalone single follows LIFE’s 2019 album ‘A Picture Of Good Health’, and has been warped into an intimidating, industrial new beast by IDLES guitarist Mark Bowen.
Speaking of the new remix, Bowen said: “I
- DaBaby is in charge of Australia’s singles chart this week as “Rockstar” (Interscope/Universal) featuring Roddy Ricch climbs to the summit for the first time.
“Rockstar” rises 2-1 in its fifth week on the ARIA Singles Chart, giving the U.S. rappers their first No. 1 in the land Down Under.
Lifted from DaBaby’ Blame It On Baby, “Rockstar” also rules this week’s Official U.K. Singles Chart.
Meanwhile, SAINt JHN’s six-week reign comes to a
- Country music singer Morgan Wallen apologized Sunday (May 24) following his weekend arrest on public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges.
Wallen, 27, was arrested Saturday night after he was kicked out of Kid Rock’s bar in downtown Nashville, news outlets reported.Wallen said on Twitter that he and some friends were “horse-playing” after a few bar stops.
“We didn’t mean any harm, and we want to say sorry to any bar staff or anyone that was affected,” W
- Hayley Williams has posted a cover of SZA’s hit ‘Drew Barrymore’, live from her home in isolation. The down-tempo R&B cut features on SZA’s 2017 debut album ‘Ctrl’.Read More: Hayley Williams: “Women’s rage has been such a catalyst for beautiful things”Watch the cover below:View this post on Instagramthis was weeks ago… April 11th, to be exact. have a few saved up. guess i’ve been holding out on yall. the only constant for me
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s pop mega-collaboration “Rain on Me” is reigning over the U.K. singles chart.
The new single, which dropped last Friday with an accompanying music video, rules the Official Chart First Look Top 20 with a lead of 7,000 chart sales over its nearest rival, DaBaby’s “Rockstar” featuring Roddy Ricch.“Rain on Me,” lifted from Gaga’s delayed sixth studio album Chromatica, due out this Friday May 29, holds the advantage o
- Netflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in a press release, which was shared with Digital Music News. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is […]The post Netflix Will Stop Charging Your Credit Card If You Haven’t Watched Anythi
- Netflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in a press release, which was shared with Digital Music News. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is […]The post Netflix Says They’ll Stop Charging Your Credit Card If You Haven’t
Netflix Is Deactivating Accounts That Haven’t Been Accessed for a Year, So Credit Cards Aren’t Charged UnfairlyNetflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in an update issued this weekend. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is asking “everyone who has not […]The post Netflix Is Deactivating Accounts That Haven’t Been Accessed for a
- Guinean singer Mory Kante, an influential figure in African and world music, has died, his family said Friday. He was 70.
Kante brought Guinean, and Mandingo, culture to the world. He was called an ambassador of Afro-Pop music. His song “Yeke Yeke,” released in the late ’80s, has been remixed and covered extensively.
“Guinea and the whole world have lost a great personality,” Kante’s son, Balla Kante, told The Associated Press. “My father was a great per
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) is officially allowing those who are still awaiting their stimulus checks to track their progress through the mail, via the Informed Delivery service. Free to sign up for and to utilize, Informed Delivery enables U.S. citizens to digitally view grayscale images of the letters – including stimulus checks, for […]The post Still Haven’t Received Your Stimulus Check? Here’s How to Track It Through the USPS appeared first on Digital Mus
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) is officially allowing those who are still awaiting their stimulus checks to track their progress through the mail, via the Informed Delivery service. Free to sign up for and to utilize, Informed Delivery enables U.S. citizens to digitally view grayscale images of the letters – including stimulus checks, for […]The post Now You Can Track Your Stimulus Check Through the US Post Office appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Legendary entertainment executive Andre Harrell passed away on May 7 due to heart failure at just 59 years old. To celebrate the fulfilled life of Mr. Champagne & Bubbles, the music world came together with a virtual one-hour broadcast paying tribute to Harrell on Sunday evening (May 24).
Whether it was his signature infectious smile, eye for talent or sheer wisdom, a plethora of artists’ careers have been positively impacted by Harrell during his near four decades in the music busines
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West celebrated six years of marriage on Sunday (May 24).
Kardashian marked the occasion on social media by posting a set of pictures with her arms around her husband. In one, she’s seen kissing him on the cheek, and in the other, they’re both smiling at the camera.
“6 years down; forever to go,” she captioned the sweet snapshots. “Until the end.”They were married in 2014 at Fort di Belvedere, a 16th century fortress in Florence, Italy
- Hayley Williams filmed a stripped-down take of SZA’s “Drew Barrymore” at home and shared it with fans this weekend.
“self-serenades / amateur hour,” she captioned the Instagram video she posted on Sunday (May 24) of herself sitting on a couch with a guitar.
“this was weeks ago… April 11th, to be exact,” Williams said, offering some context. “have a few saved up. guess i’ve been holding out on yall. the only constant for me (beside
- Prine, who received the 2020 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, died from coronavirus complications in April (20).
- Valory has refuted the "outrageous" claims and has since lodged a countersuit.
- Eminem, 47, previously admitted the project will always overshadow his future endeavours, because it was some of his best work ever.
- Meanwhile, Milian has plenty to keep herself busy as she is currently promoting her latest venture - her own baby gear line for the Your Babiie brand.
- Janelle Monáe has revealed that she suffered “anxiety attacks” during the recording of her 2018 album ‘Dirty Computer’.
Read more: The 10 musicians leading pop’s queer revolution, and their must-hear songs
Speaking in a new interview, the singer-and-actress shared that she contemplated whether or not to carry on with recording the acclaimed LP.
She said that she was worried it might “embolden” the groups of “white supremacists and neo-N
- Selena Gomez is honoring this year’s graduates who are part of immigrant families with a special video message.
The singer took the time to film a short speech from home to mark the accomplishments of high school and college students as part of the Immigrad 2020 Virtual Commencement on Saturday (May 23).
“I know that this is a virtual ceremony, but it is very real, and it’s very real to all the families and all of you and your communities,” Gomez said. “I want you g
Cody Simpson Drops Miley Cyrus-Directed ‘Captain’s Dance With the Devil’ Video While in Quarantine: WatchCody Simpson appears in drag in his new “Captain’s Dance With the Devil” music video, directed by Miley Cyrus.
The singer-songwriter tells the story of a sailor “yearning for freedom” on his latest track, and the new clip, filmed in quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic and released on Thursday (May 21), offers an intimate, moody portrait of the song’s character.
“The song can be interpreted in myriad ways and this was my primary idea. Miley interpr
- Filmmaker David Ayer has responded to the possibility of his original cut of Suicide Squad being released at some point.
Read more: Birds of Prey: Five lessons to learn from Suicide Squad
Last week, fans called for the ‘Ayer Cut’ of the DC movie to be released. The ‘cut’ in question refers to Ayer’s original vision for the 2016 movie starring Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto, which is said to be vastly different to the final cut that landed in cin
- Nile Rodgers has said that Diana Ross “didn’t understand” that her 1980 hit ‘I’m Coming Out’ “was a gay thing.”
Read more: “‘Let’s Dance’ was the easiest record I’ve ever made…” – Nile Rodgers remembers David Bowie
Speaking in a new interview, the legendary producer discussed his collaborations with Ross and fellow Chic co-founder Bernard Edwards.
“That was our very first time ever produci
- Future flies in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with his seventh chart-topper, as High Off Life enters at No. 1. The album, which was released via Freebandz/Epic Records on May 15, earned 153,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending May 21, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data — Future’s biggest week, in terms of units, for a solo album.
Of High Off Life’s first-week units, 16,000 are in album sales, while nearly all of the remaining units are from st
- Superstar artists from the Big Machine Label Group have joined forces for a powerful rendition of the National Anthem.
During the NBC broadcast of Indy 500 Special: Back Home Again on Sunday (May 24), artists like Sheryl Crow, Florida Georgia Line, Lady Antebellum, Thomas Rhett, Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore and Brett Young joined forces from their respective homes for a moving recorded performance of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
The all-star performance also included appearances by
- A new mixtape from BTS member Suga dominates this week’s new music poll.
In the poll, published Friday (May 22) on Billboard, music fans voted for Suga’s most recent solo project, D-2, as their favorite new release from the past week. The mixtape, his second, brought in more than 72% of the vote. It follows 2016’s Agust D.
“My previous mixtape focused more on being better at rap, better at making music, sound, mix, master and so forth. I’ve worked on a lot more proj
- Tove Lo has shared an animated video for her new track ‘Sadder Badder Cooler’ – watch it below.
Read more: Tove Lo’s seven greatest songs
The song appears on a deluxe version of the Swedish pop star’s fourth album ‘Sunshine Kitty’, which was released on Friday (May 22).
She confirmed the news on social media last week. “Can’t wait for you to hear this TUNE!!” Tove Lo wrote about the bonus track, arriving as part of the ‘Paw P
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!