Shame, Porridge Radio, Sorry, Deep Tan, Gengahr, Pixx, 404 Guild and more have contributed to a new charity compilation, called ‘Group Therapy Vol. 1’.
Read more: Live after lockdown: venues on the idea of gigs with social distancing
The collection, which was released on Bandcamp earlier today (May 22), is raising money for The Music Venues Trust and NHS Charities Together.
The record features 65 “demos, remixes, covers and everything in between from artists across the UK&rdquo
- Twihards, unite! Whether fans of the Twilight franchise rallied behind #TeamEdward or #TeamJacob, they have something in common with a couple of A-listers, including Halsey, Stevie Nicks, Adam Lambert and Evanescence.
With Twilight author Stephenie Meyers releasing its new addition Midnight Sun in August, avid readers might have the same summer reading list as their favorite artists — or they might just be binge-watching the first 2008 film like the “Bad
- A cinematographer has claimed Kanye West’s new album is called ‘God’s Country’ and new music could be dropping soon.
Read more: Sunday Service Choir – ‘Jesus Is Born’ review: Kanye West-produced album is a festive gateway into gospel
Arthur Jafa, who has worked on music videos for Solange and Devendra Banhart, as well as films including Crooklyn, said he had been working with the rapper on a new music video.
While in conversation with French fashion desi
- A stream of Michael Buble baking oatmeal cookies with wife Luisana Lopilato crowns Billboard’s Top Facebook Live Videos chart for April 2020.
The chart, the latest of which recaps April 2020 activity, is a monthly look at the widest-reaching and most-reacted-to videos posted by musicians on Facebook Live, as tracked by media analytics company Shareablee. Rankings are determined by a formula that blends reactions, comments, shares and first-seven-days views.
Buble’s April 6 upload doc
- Ever wonder what a publicist does or what their job truly entails? The following article comes from AMW Group, a proud partner of DMN. If you’re an entertainer and you’ve been wondering if you should start looking for a good publicist, it’s in your best interest to learn more about them. It’s also important to learn […]The post Behind the Scenes of AMW With Entertainment Publicist Naomi Grandison appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Mayor John Cooper says his city will start ‘Phase 2’ of reopening on May 25 – with Nashville live music returning. “This Monday, May 25, we will move on to Phase 2 of reopening Nashville,” a statement from the mayor’s office says. “All public health metrics have shown satisfactory results.” Nashville’s Phase 2 reopening plan […]The post Nashville Live Music Reopens on May 25th – Let’s See How This Goes appeared first on Dig
- Mayor John Cooper says his city will start ‘Phase 2’ of reopening on May 25th — with Nashville live music returning. “This Monday, May 25th, we will move on to Phase 2 of reopening Nashville,” a statement from the mayor’s office says. “All public health metrics have shown satisfactory results.” Nashville’s Phase 2 reopening plan says restaurants […]The post Nashville Live Music Is Now Reopening — Let’s See How Thi
- Few things are more frustrating than losing a file because of an accidental delete, a virus, or a hardware malfunction — especially for artists in the middle of complex recording projects. EaseUS, a company focused on data recovery, is aiming to solve that problem with a tool capable of retrieving seemingly inaccessible digital assets. The […]The post EaseUS Wants to Help Artists and Producers Recover Lost Music Files appeared first on Digital Music News.
- This Memorial Day weekend, “Verzuz” fans are getting two battles.
That’s right, following Beenie Man and Bounty Killer’s face-off on Saturday (May 22), Jagged Edge will take on 112 on Monday. “Breaking News Just added to the Memorial Day Weekend madness,” co-founder Swizz Beatz announced on Instagram. “Something for the ladies.”
He also shouted out his partner Timbaland by noting, “it’s a busy long weekend.”Earlier this month
- In February, we reported that Burning Man (via its Black Rock City, LLC parent company) had officially filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of the Interior over the escalating cost of land-use permits. Now, with Burning Man having canceled this year’s edition, the federal government has moved to dismiss the legal complaint. Digital Music […]The post U.S. Government Moves to Dismiss Burning Man Lawsuit appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Members of My Chemical Romance, The Darkness, Gogol Bordello and more have joined forces for a special charity cover of a Ramones song.
The cover of ‘I Believe In Miracles’ by the freshly formed #rockforhope collective will raise funds for coronavirus relief efforts.
The group includes My Chemical Romance’s Frank Iero, The Darkness’ Justin Hawkins, Gogol Bordello’s Boris Pelekh and Eugene Hutz, The Donnas’ Brett Anderson, Frank Turner, Plain White T’s&rs
- Wu-Tang Clan is releasing a hand sanitizer – ‘Protect Ya Hands’ to benefit charity. The name of the hand sanitizer is a play on the group’s 1993 track, “Protect Ya Neck.” It’s available through the group’s lifestyle brand, 36 Chambers. A share of the profits will benefit the Ottawa Mission Foundation – while 36 Chambers […]The post Wu-Tang Clan Releases a Hand Sanitizer to Benefit Charity – ‘Protect Ya Hands’ appeared
- Since publicly coming out in 2019, singer/actor Ben Platt has made his advocacy for the LGBTQ community known on a regular basis. Now, America’s leading LGBTQ education organization is honoring the star for his efforts.
On Friday (May 22), GLSEN awarded Platt with their Inspiration Award as a part of their “Respect Everywhere” video fundraising initiative. Presented by his The Politician co-star Judith Light and GLSEN’s national student council, Platt accepted the aw
- The Black Keys co-founder is using his time at home to work on a 'Brothers' anniversary package and more
- A man who claims he wrote the script for Danny Boyle’s Beatles movie Yesterday has alleged Richard Curtis took all the credit for writing the film’s screenplay.
Jack Barth told Uproxx that he sold the rights to the screenplay, which was originally titled Cover Version and revolved around a struggling musician who discovers he is the only person on Earth to remember the music of The Beatles.
Read More: Yesterday movie: Richard Curtis, Danny Boyle, and Himesh Patel on teasing Ed Sheera
- Grace Weber discovered her signature soul sound for her debut EP How Did We Get Here that she released today (May 22). But the people that pitched in — Masego on “Crazy to Hope” as well as producers Jack Dine and Louie Lastic — didn’t just assist in her comeback: They’ve made some of her favorite songs that have been getting her through this pandemic.
Weber’s slow-burning, smooth R&B vocals reclaim her power, a pivotal lyrical theme she lo
- This Memorial Day weekend is about to get a little more reggae.
Dancehall stars Beenie Man and Bounty Killer are facing off in the latest installment of Verzuz battles on Saturday. Swizz Beatz and Timbaland announced the “sound clash edition from Jamaica” a few days ago, and encouraged viewers to dress in theme.Beenie Man, the self-proclaimed “King of Dancehall” broke into the scene as a child with his debut album, Invincible Beenie Man: The
- via music-news.comLana Del Rey has addressed accusations of racism, telling followers not to "make it about a WOC (women of colour) issue when I'm talking about my favourite singers".
- The Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund has distributed $99 million to American Federation of Musicians (AFM) members and their beneficiaries more than a month earlier than planned, owing to the fiscal strain brought on by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The sum will reach about 17,000 of the AFM’s approximately 75,000 members, virtually all of […]The post Good News: $99 Million Released Early by the Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund appeared first on Digital Music Ne
- The Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund has distributed $99 million to American Federation of Musicians (AFM) members and their beneficiaries more than a month earlier than planned, owing to the fiscal strain brought on by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The sum will reach about 17,000 of the AFM’s approximately 75,000 members, virtually all of […]The post $99 Million Released by the Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Fresh new sounds from Iberoamerica, featuring Sech, Nando Boom, Carlos Vives and Cazzu
- Fifteen years ago, three multi-talented guys from Baja California, Mexico joined forces to release an album that has stood the test of time thanks to timeless hits like “Yo Quisiera” and “Noviembre Sin Ti.”
Jesús Navarro, Bibi Marin and Julio Ramírez, known collectively as Reik, placed all bets on pop, heart-wrenching ballads for their eponymous debut album released May 24, 2005.
“I see that album with eyes of endearment because it was our jump into th
- Doja Cat has posted a bizarre response to Lana Del Rey’s controversial Instagram post in which she cited several other female artists as she hit back at claims her music “glamorises abuse”.
Cat was named alongside Ariana Grande, Camila Cabello, Cardi B, Kehlani, Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé by Del Rey, who said that they “have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc”.
She then posed a rhetorical question: “Can I
- Halsey has opened up about her mental health struggles as part of a YouTube video series.Read more: Halsey – ‘Manic’ review: stream-of-consciousness musings on family, love, and fameThe singer took part in the platform’s Artist Spotlight Stories conversation series with psychologist Snehi Kapur as part of Mental Health Awareness Month. Watch the full video below.
Halsey said she wanted to help her fans to better understand bipolar disorder, a condition she was diagnosed w
Rising Afro Folk Star Bongeziwe Expresses Himself Through ‘Iimini’ Tracks for Billboard Live At-HomeAfro folk artist Bongeziwe rounds out Friday’s (May 22) lineup for Billboard’s Platoon Africa Artist Showcase with his emotive Billboard Live At-Home performance from Johannesburg, South Africa.
Performing in his kitchen, Bongeziwe (real name Bongeziwe Mabandla) whipped up a mini-set featuring songs from his latest album iimini that he released in March. Despite his snazzy ‘fit of a cheetah-print turtleneck and black trousers, he leaped right into
- Singer-songwriter shares acoustic renditions of three classic hits, "Endless Summer Nights," "Hazard" and "Don't Mean Nothing"
- There is no better way for a first-time mom-to-be to get a crash course in motherhood than to be locked down during a pandemic with your fiancé’s kid. At least that’s what Katy Perry is learning during the COVID-19 quarantine, which she has spent with beloved Orlando Bloom and his son with ex-wife Miranda Kerr, Flynn.
Dialing in to The Graham Norton Show on Friday (May 22), Perry talked about revealing the news of her pregnancy via the “Never Worn White” video in M
- Australia-based ticketing, live entertainment and technology company TEG has named Matthew Donazzan director of strategy and M&A, a newly created role.
Donazzan, who previously worked as an executive director covering private equity clients at Goldman Sachs, will lead the team that assists TEG’s CEO Geoff Jones and the company’s board in determining and executing key strategic projects. Based in Sydney, he will also oversee TEG’s mergers and acquisitions program.
Tribal Casinos In Coachella Valley Are Reopening — Is This Bad News for Coachella the Music Festival?A number of Coachella Valley’s tribal casinos are reopening, despite California Governor Gavin Newsom’s requesting that they remain closed to further curb COVID-19’s spread. Now, some fans are speculating that the casinos’ decision could affect Coachella 2020, which is tentatively slated to take place in October. Spotlight 29, Morongo, and Tortoise Rock are leading the […]The post Tribal Casinos In Coachella Valley Are Reopening — Is This Bad News for Coachel
- A number of Coachella Valley’s tribal casinos are reopening, despite California Governor Gavin Newsom’s requesting that they remain closed to further curb COVID-19’s spread. Now, some fans are speculating that the casinos’ decision could affect Coachella 2020, which is tentatively slated to take place in October. Spotlight 29, Morongo, and Tortoise Rock are leading the […]The post Tribal Casinos In Coachella Valley Are Reopening — Is This Bad News for Coachel
- Apple appears to have shifted some AirPods Pro production to Vietnam from China. Eagle-eyed Twitter users are reporting seeing ‘assembled in Vietnam’ on their newly acquired AirPods Pro. The highly popular accessory sold out at the beginning of this year, and Apple has struggled to keep stock during the pandemic. AirPods Pro earbuds are shipping […]The post Apple Moves ‘Some’ AirPods Pro Manufacturing to Vietnam from China appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Apple appears to have shifted some AirPods Pro production to Vietnam from China. Eagle-eyed Twitter users are reporting seeing ‘assembled in Vietnam’ on their newly acquired AirPods Pro. The highly popular accessory sold out at the beginning of this year, and Apple has struggled to keep stock during the pandemic. AirPods Pro earbuds are shipping […]The post Apple Moves ‘Some’ Airpods Pro Manufacturing From China to Vietnam appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Lone Star sons Josh Abbott, William Clark Green, John Baumann, and Cleto Cordero unite for an escapist country album
- J-pop singer-songwriter Motohiro Hata shared a video of his at-home performance of “Love Letter” from his latest studio album, Copernicus, created remotely with his touring band members.
The “Raspberry Lover” artist had a tour promoting the album set for March through May, but the entire trek had to be indefinitely postponed due to coronavirus. The “Love Letter” video was released Thursday (May 21) at 7 p.m., the time he and his band were scheduled to take the
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande premiered the music video for their new collab “Rain On Me” on Friday (May 22) and their respective fan bases reacted with a resounding cry: pop music is saved.
“Wow. Two powerful iconic italian women did WHAT? That,” one Little Monster tweeted while another declared the two stars switching hairstyles partway through the clip as “one for the history books.”
Meanwhile, on particularly clever fan tied Mean Girls into her res
- Following the U.S. Army and Navy TikTok ban, Congress is now seeking to ban TikTok on all government devices. Last year the U.S. Navy, followed by the Army, instituted a ban of TikTok on government-issued devices. Now, members of Congress are seeking to extend that ban to ALL government-issued devices. Representatives Ken Buck (R-CO) and […]The post Congress Moves to Ban TikTok on All Government Devices – ByteDance Valuation Surging appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Future-pop song is actor's first foray into dance music
- Japanese rocker Hiroji Miyamoto shared some live footage from the DVDs included in the limited first editions of his first solo album called Miyamoto, Doppo., which roughly means “Miyamoto walks alone.”
The Elephant Kashimashi frontman’s first solo project dropped in March, with two limited first editions for fans to choose from. The “612 Birthday Live at Liquidroom” version came with a DVD that contained the full, uncut recording of his first-ever headlining solo s
- Track will appear on upcoming remix LP, 1000 Gecs and the Tree of Clues
- Will “The Real Slim Shady” please stand up! Saturday (May 23) marks the 20th anniversary since the release of Eminem’s seminal The Marshall Mathers LP back in 2000. All eyes were on Eminem at the turn of the century following the success of his Grammy-winning The Slim Shady LP just a year prior, which saw him break down the doors to rap’s mainstream.
Even with expectations sky-high, Eminem blew all the projections out of the water with The Marshall Mathers LP, as he moved
- A viral challenge is sweeping social media and leaving the names of iconic bands hilariously altered in its wake.
On Thursday (May 21), Twitter users jumped on board the “Ruin a Band Name by Changing One Letter” challenge, transforming the likes of The Who and The Clash into “The Why” and “The Class.” While actor Colin O’Donoghue beautified The Cure as “The Cute,” English electronic duo Sleaford Mods cheekily sent Thin Lizzy into the pas
- 6ix9ine nabs his first No. 1 on Billboard’s Streaming Songs chart with “Gooba,” which debuts at No. 1 on the list dated May 23.
“Gooba” debuts with 55.3 million U.S. streams earned in the tracking week ending May 14, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.
The song exceeds 6ix9ine’s previous best on Streaming Songs: “Fefe,” featuring Nicki Minaj, which debuted and peaked at No. 2 on the Aug. 4, 2018-dated tally with 45.7 million streams.6ix9ine is the
- Matty Healy and his closest collaborators talk about 'Notes on a Conditional Form' and why the band isn't close to done evolving
- Amaarae joins Billboard’s Platoon Africa Artist Showcase Friday (May 22) with a swoon-worthy Billboard Live At-Home performance from her Accra, Ghana hometown.
The mini-set paired well with a cup of tea, which the singer-songwriter-producer came prepared with as part of the full fine china setup next to her on the couch. Fellow Ghanaian artist Øbed accompanied her on the keyboard, wearing a face mask and sitting at least six feet apart from her to practice social distancin
Behind Carlos Vives’ Stunning Collabs With Jessie Reyez & Alejandro Sanz on His New ‘Cumbiana’ AlbumCarlos Vives’ new album Cumbiana, a search for the indigenous roots of Colombian music, sees him at his finest. It is exuberant, soulful, beautiful and important without ever sounding overbearing, a very difficult balance to achieve.
Featuring duets with Jessie Reyez, Ruben Blades and Alejandro Sanz, Cumbiana — out Friday (May 22) — treads that line between what’s commercial and what is artistic, with a slightly different premise (for Vives, at least).
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have shared the video for their new collaboration, ‘Rain On Me’, taken from the former’s forthcoming album ‘Chromatica’.
‘Rain On Me’ follows on from the February release of the album’s lead single ‘Stupid Love’, with the full record being released next Friday (May 29).
Directed by Roberto Rodriguez, the video sees the duo dancing in a futuristic setting as the rain pours, interspersed with clips of Gaga lyin
- The superstar video summit we’ve been waiting for was everything, plus more. The video for Lady Gaga’s “Rain On Me” collaboration with Ariana Grande exploded into our feeds on Friday afternoon (May 22) and it was a deluge of new classic Gaga looks and post-apocalyptic dance mania.
With Gaga modeling a smeared yellow leather body suit and Grande in a shiny black metallic miniskirt with butterfly wings, the clip is a choreo showdown in a dreary, Blade Runner-like
- The indie supergroup Muzz have shared a lockdown performance of an as-yet-unreleased track called ‘Trinidad’.
Read more: New indie supergroup Muzz tell us about their “classic” debut album
The band, which features Interpol’s Paul Banks, Bonny Light Horseman’s Josh Kaufman, and The Walkmen’s former drummer Matt Barrick, was unveiled in March. Barrick was also a member of Jonathan Fire*Eater, as well as Fleet Foxes’ touring band.
After releasing a ha
- Chromatica is out May 29th
- Kendall Jenner has been ordered to pay a $90,000 fine for the social media posts she published to promote the ill-fated Fyre Festival. The whopping settlement was issued by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which, owing to its exclusive jurisdiction over Manhattan businesses and financial firms, handles many […]The post Kendall Jenner Slapped With $90,000 Fine Over Fraudulent Fyre Festival Posts appeared first on Digital Music News.
27 May 202026 May 202025 May 202024 May 202023 May 202021 May 202020 May 202019 May 202018 May 202017 May 2020
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!