Fat Joe has revealed that Eminem sent him around 30 variations of his verse for their collaborative track ‘Lean Back’.Read more: Timbaland and Swizz Beatz on ‘VERZUZ’ battle series: “We want to celebrate the architects of good music”
Released in 2005, the song saw Fat Joe – real name Joseph Cartagena – enlist the help of Marshall Mathers, Lil Jon and Mase & Remy Martin.
During an appearance on a recent edition of the Drink Champs podcast,
- On May 1, For King & Country, the Australian duo comprising Joel Smallbone and younger brother Luke, released “Together,” featuring Kirk Franklin and Tori Kelly.
The track, backed with gospel choir vocals, is a call-to-arms to stay connected during the COVID-19 pandemic. The brothers wrote it with another pair of siblings, Ran and Ricky Jackson, as well as Josh Kerr and Franklin.
“Together” arrived at No. 4 on Billboard’s streaming-, airplay- and sales-powered H
- Madison Square Garden Entertainment experienced a predictable hit to earnings in the quarter ending March 31, posting a 20% drop in revenue and writing down its investment in the dining and nightlife business. After suspending concerts on March 12 in reaction to the spread of the coronavirus, MSGE’s revenue sank from $250 million to $199.9 million.
Any company that relies on people gathering in a confined space for multiple hours could not avoid poor quarterly earnings. Promoter Live Natio
- Rascal Flatts' last tour had been set to kick off in June.
- Singer Marianne Faithfull was in hospital for three weeks in April.
- Rising indie singer-songwriter Eito scored his first No. 1 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100 with “Kousui,” the TikTok-generated hit that debuted on the tally just four weeks ago.
On the chart dated May 11 to 17, the poignant acoustic ballad led streaming for the second week in a row with 6,998,978 streams (up from 6,137,861 last week), climbed in video views (at No. 5 with 5,755,840 views, up from 4,273,162), and is also rapidly gaining airplay on radio.
The 22-year-old J-pop newcomer
- Japanese band HOWL BE QUIET’s catchy pop song from three years ago called “Love Fetish” (“RABUFECHI”) has reached 10 million views on TikTok.
After the hashtag for the song took off around early February, total views for the number sailed past a million in March and shot up to 5 million in April, then proceeded to double up to the 10 million milestone this month.
The song depicts the honest feelings of uncertainty and jealousy of a heterosexual relationship from a m
- Marianne Faithfull has shared a message of thanks to the healthcare workers who aided her recovery from COVID-19, as well as her fans for offering their support.
The 73-year-old icon was hospitalised back in March after developing symptoms of the coronavirus. In April, she was discharged after 22 days and returned to her London home.
Taking to her official Facebook page earlier today (May 20), Faithfull posted an image of herself along with a message of appreciation.
“I would like to say t
- When Charli XCX released her new album How I’m Feeling Now on May 15, the title was truth in advertising. The pop singer-songwriter wrote and recording the album entirely while she’s been in self-quarantine at her home in Los Angeles during the Covid-19 pandemic.
On the new Billboard Pop Shop Podcast (listen below), Charli XCX describes the genesis of the project and why she felt the timing was right to make this album: “I… wanted to do an album at the end of the year&he
- Kid-focused YouTube channel Cocomelon is the first to surpass one billion views in a single week. The statistic is confirmed by TubeFilter, a YouTube analytics firm using data from GospelStats. Every week Tubefilter ranks the fastest growing YouTube channels based on statistics collected in the given time frame. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to alter our […]The post Nursery Rhyme Channel CoComelon Becomes the First YouTube Channel to Hit 1 Billion Views In a Week appeared first on Digit
- The BET Awards will air on June 28, as long planned, thanks to “an array of innovative techniques and artist-generated content.”
Many other award shows have reacted to the COVID-19 pandemic by postponing their 2020 presentations. These include the Academy of Country Music Awards, which were postponed to Sept. 16, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions, postponed to Nov. 7. The BET Awards are among the first major award shows to stick with their original date, but modify the sh
- It’s happening! Seven years after NBC’s Broadway-themed series Smash aired its finale, fans can relive the fun once more thanks to a highly-anticipated reunion.
Tonight (May 20), a special livestream of the 2015 live concert of the show’s Bombshell production will air at People.com, PeopleTV and the magazine’s social platforms (Facebook and Twitter).That’s not all. An introduction from Renee Zellweger, and an intermi
- Sia, Lauren Alaina, Darius Rucker and more stars joined Musicians On Call (MOC) and Hyundai Hope On Wheels’ new series Healing Through Music that surprises hospital patients and caregivers with once-in-a-lifetime performances that launched Wednesday (May 20).
MOC works to uplift bedridden patients with music, while Hyundai Hope On Wheels remains committed to finding a cure to cancer in children. The two non-profit organizations join forces for the next four weeks t
- In the seven years since it’s been off the air, Smash has gone on to become a cult fan favorite of Broadway fans — so much so that on Wednesday (May 20), the cast of the NBC series is reuniting for a special live stream of their 2015 one-night-only show Bombshell in Concert to help raise money for the Actors Fund.
Part of what makes Smash such a cultural phenomenon is the fictional musical at its center, Bombshell. Written by Broadway legends Marc S
- Mariachi Lindas Mexicanas’ Maricela Martínez’s last paid gig was March 17, right before the COVID-19 pandemic essentially canceled any and all sorts of social events deemed the bread and butter for mariachi musicians.
“After everything got canceled, I didn’t even want to even open my case and get my trumpet to practice,” she says. “I thought, ‘What for?'”
From Cinco de Mayo to Mother’s Day followed by back-to-back quinceañeras a
- Deadmau5 made a surprising move today (May 20) by dropping a collaborative single called “Pomegranate” with none other than The Neptunes.
While the producer has long shied away from mainstream-leaning collaborations, the summery single lands squarely in the pop/R&B category, breaking new ground for the revered electronic artist.The track has got us wondering what other surprising collabs deadmau5 might get into. Let us know who’d you most want to see him work with by
- Lady Gaga has long approached the art of collaboration with a sense of abandon: She dives into duets headfirst, whether it be with her fellow pop divas (Beyonce, Christina Aguilera), Oscar-nominated actors (Bradley Cooper) or a certain nonagenarian whose cheek got very cozy with her own a few years back. And while Gaga does not always rely on collaboration to further her work — 2011’s Born This Way featured zero guests sharing the microphone — her best team-ups have featur
- Ice Cube reveals Mr. Rogers sued him over a track on his first album during a 30th-anniversary digital listening party. Ice Cube is celebrating the 30th-anniversary of his debut solo album, AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted. To celebrate, the rapper held a digital listening party on May 16 and shared thoughts for each track. Ice Cube reveals […]The post Mister Rogers Sued Ice Cube In 1990 Over the Track “A Gangsta’s Fairytale” appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Ice Cube reveals Mr. Rogers sued him over a track on his first album during a 30th-anniversary digital listening party. Ice Cube is celebrating the 30th-anniversary of his debut solo album, AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted. To celebrate, the rapper held a digital listening party on May 16 and shared thoughts for each track. Ice Cube reveals […]The post Ice Cube Says Mister Rogers Sued Him In 1990 Over the Track “A Gangsta’s Fairytale” appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Ice Cube has revealed that Mr. Rogers sued him over the track during a 30th-anniversary digital listening party. Ice Cube is celebrating the 30th-anniversary of his debut solo album, AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted. To celebrate, the rapper held a digital listening party on May 16th and shared thoughts for each track. As part of the stroll down memory lane, […]The post Fun Fact: Mister Rogers Sued Ice Cube In 1990 Over the Track “A Gangsta’s Fairytale” appea
Here Are Electric Forest Founder Jeremy Stein’s 6 Tips for How Festival Producers Can Get Through COVID-19The last three months have arguably been the most confusing time festival producers have ever faced. With no precedent for COVID-19, there hasn’t been a playbook for promoters to follow when postponing or cancelling their 2020 events — a ripple effect of dismantling that has affected thousands of artists, vendors, drivers, security personnel, technicians, performers, stage managers, creative designers and other assorted staff around the world.
Like so many others, the thousands of pe
- Kesha brought a “Little Bit of Love” to The Ellen DeGeneres show on Wednesday (May 20), where she performed her High Road track from the comfort of her home.
“I just wanted to say hi, and I hope you’re all staying healthy and safe,” the singer said before her performance. “And Ellen, I can’t wait to see you again in person as soon as possible. But until then, I have recorded a special version of my song.”Dressed in a bright pink sweater a
- After Hours tour will now kick off in June 2021 due to COVID-19
- George Ezra is fearful for the future of live concerts post-coronavirus.
- Chrissy Teigen sent a Cravings publicity box to Kourtney Kardashian and Ali Wong.
- Looks like The Weeknd’s After Hours Tour will happen long after it was originally scheduled to. The R&B crooner announced on his Instagram today (May 20) that he’s postponing the international jaunt to June 2021 amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“See you when it’s safe,” he captioned the post, which detailed how the previous tour dates (with the only exception of the New Orleans show being canceled due to availability) will start back up again in 2021 with even mor
- Emerging Mexican-American femmetón singer-songwriter La Doña’s new album, Algo Nuevo, dropped March 12 via Human Re Sources just as the coronavirus pandemic intensified in the U.S. Concerts, festivals and other large gatherings across the country were canceled, including her planned South by Southwest debut, interrupting her early career momentum.
As part of Billboard’s efforts to best cover the coronavirus pandemic and its impacts on the m
- Break out your hula hoops and Spirit Hoods, because Lightning In a Bottle is going live online this weekend.
The event is hosting a three day festival with a stacked lineup including Four Tet, Kaytranada, Clozee, Justin Jay, Tycho, Rinzen, The Glitch Mob, Eli & Fur, Marques Wyatt and many more. Long renowned for its stage design, the online festival will offer digital versions of beloved areas like the Woogie and Lightning Stages, designed in partnership Vita Motus Design Studio.
- The next two weeks will be filled with new music thanks to Latin artists who are planning to drop a new album by the end of May.
The long list includes releases by Ricardo Arjona, who will drop Blanco, the first album from his Blanco y Negro project, Chiquis’ Playlist and Carlos Vives’ Cumbiana, an homage to the origins of cumbia.
Below, check out all the releases coming out in May.MAY 22:
Carlos Vives – Cumbiana (Sony Music Latin)
The Colombian singer-songwriter’s fourte
- Hayley Kiyoko knew that coming into the music industry as a queer woman wasn’t going to be easy, but she did it anyway. “A lot of it was performing for men, and being attractive to men, and if you attract them, then they’ll sign you,” she says of starting out. “But I never compromised myself.”
Today, Kiyoko joins host and singer-songwriter Shea Diamond as the latest guest on Billboard’s Pridecast, the new podcast from Billboard Pride&
Watch Sharon Van Etten and Josh Homme’s “home video” for ‘(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding’ coverSharon Van Etten and Josh Homme have shared the “home video” for their recent cover of Nick Lowe‘s ‘(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding’ – watch below.Read More: Why lockdown live-streams might be the future of music, after allOriginally penned by Lowe in 1974, the classic song was subsequently popularised by Elvis Costello, who recorded a version of the track for his 1979 album ‘Armed Forces’.
Last week, Van Etten and
- The All-In Challenge presented promising options for fans wanting to spend some R&R with their favorite boy bands, but what if a fun summer weekend was on the table?
The Jonas Brothers offered a barbeque with the All-In Challenge winner and their friends in their hometown, with Kevin Jonas manning the grill, Joe Jonas spinning at the DJ booth and Nick Jonas hoping to not “burn the hot dogs and the burgers.” A summer barbeque sounds like the perfect kickback, even i
- BTS producer and Big Hit Entertainment co-founder Bang Si-Hyuk has announced his involvement in a new South Korean reality show. Entitled I-Land, the program will be shot as part of an agreement between Big Hit and CJ ENM, a Seoul-based entertainment and retail company. Bang Si-Hyuk, for his part, will serve as producer on I-Land, […]The post BTS Producer, Big Hit Chairman Bang Si-Hyuk Announces a New Korean Reality Show appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Gian Stone debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Producers chart (dated May 23), leading for the first time thanks to Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber’s “Stuck With U.”
The song, which Stone solely produced, debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with 28.1 million U.S. streams, 26.3 million radio audience impressions and 108,000 sold in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.
The duet earns Stone his first career No. 1 on the Hot 100 as a producer, and s
- Mario let fans love his old hits once more for his Billboard Live-At Home performance Wednesday (May 20) to raise money for My Friend’s Place, which helps young people experiencing homelessness — a near and dear cause to the singer.
“Growing up in Baltimore… I almost was homeless at one point as a kid,” he confessed. “And I got adopted right before everything got like crazy. A lot of people may not know this, but I got adopted when I was 13 years old in Balti
- Inhaler have shared a new track called ‘Falling In’ – you can listen to it below.Read More: Inhaler are the Dubliners who want rock to rage again – and shake off those U2 comparisonsThe Dublin four-piece, fronted by Bono‘s son Elijah Hewson, released their last song ‘We Have To Move On’ back in January. Ahead of its arrival, the band featured in 2020’s NME 100, where they were described as going “straight for the throat (and th
- Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas has always been high on spectacle, and even though this year’s festival was forced online due to the coronavirus pandemic, the event still went harder than most, turning out one of the most highly produced dance music livestreams seen yet during quarantine.
Taking place this past weekend, (May 15-17) the Electric Daisy Carnival Virtual Rave-a-Thon featured sets from 43 artists including Zeds Dead, Kaskade, Nicole Moudaber, Zhu and many more. The event rack
- Facebook is launching new tools to turn business pages into Facebook Shops. What does this mean for artists? Facebook has dabbled in e-commerce solutions for both Facebook and Instagram. Facebook Marketplace operates much like Craigslist, allowing communities to sell items locally. Instagram also allows users to buy products featured in posts and ads. But these […]The post Facebook, Instagram Launch ‘Shops’ – What Does This Mean for Artists? appeared first on Digital Mus
- The government have appointed Neil Mendoza as Commissioner for Cultural Recovery and Renewal, with a taskforce also set up to advise on how UK culture can begin to recover in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
The role is intended to provide an expert and independent voice to the government on cultural matters – including how to best support live music venues, theatres and cinemas affected by lockdown.
Read more: Live after lockdown: venues on the idea of gigs with social distancin
- Machine Gun Kelly unveiled the music video for his new single “Bloody Valentine” on Wednesday (May 20), and it’s nothing short of a hostage situation.
In the Michael Garcia-directed video, the rap-rocker wakes up next to none other than Megan Fox, who proceeds to tie him up and take him prisoner. As the visual reaches its climax on the final chorus, Kelly finds himself stuck in the bathtub with his captor using the classic “blow-dryer as a microphone” shtick be
- Starting next week, leading concert promoter Live Nation will bring socially distanced concerts and stand-up comedy shows to Auckland, New Zealand. Dubbed “Together Again,” the performances are set to kick off on Friday, May 29th, in one of Auckland’s most popular live music venues, The Tuning Fork. As Live Nation’s “return events” – the first […]The post Live Nation Is Testing Socially-Distanced Concerts In New Zealand appeared first on Digital M
- Google is experimenting with music control gestures on smart braided wires – when most other manufacturers are pushing wireless. Google isn’t a stranger to experimenting with smart textiles. The tech company partnered with Levis to release a smart jacket that can answer calls, play music, and take photos. Now Google is experimenting with ways to […]The post What Wireless? – Google Experiments With Braided Wires To Control Music Apps appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Five-and-a-half years after its initial run on the Billboard charts, Alt-J’s “Left Hand Free” returns after taking the No. 1 on The Hollywood Reporter’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind, for April 2020.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind, and ranked using a formula blending that data with sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period.
“Left Hand Free,” a No.
- On Wednesday night (May 20), another riveting season of the Fox hit reality competition The Masked Singer comes to a close, and the stakes are impossibly high. After celebs ranging from Lil Wayne to JoJo Siwa to Rob Gronkowski to Dionne Warwick were unmasked, only three secret celebs remain, all of whom are deserving of donning the golden mask.
Perhaps you’ve missed some of the season 3 action but want to get filled in prior to the grand finale. Who could blame you? From a breakdown
- Deadmau5 has never dipped his toes into the pop pool as thoroughly as many of his fellow electronic producers, but on Wednesday (May 20), the Canadian artist born Joel Zimmerman dives into the deep end via a collaboration with The Neptunes, the venerable production duo made up of Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams.
The result of their efforts is “Pomegranate,” a smooth, fairly funky and deeply R&B infused track that’s distinctly different from most of the deadmau5 catalog
- In the middle of a global pandemic, Miky Woodz dropped his new album Los 90 Piketes, dipping his toes in genres such as dancehall, reggaeton, dembow, and what he knows best — trap and rap.
Los 90 Piketes earned Woodz his second top 10 on the Top Latin Albums chart dated May 2, 2020, following his first top 10 with first chart entry El OG (No. 6, June 2018).
As Woodz continues to make the rounds with his 90 different styles, sounds, and genres, he also found the time to curate an exclusive
- In a new series amid the coronavirus pandemic, Billboard is asking individuals from all sectors of the music business to share stories of how they work now, with much of the world quarantined at home and unable to take in-person meetings, attend conferences or even go into the office. Submissions for the series can be sent to [email protected] Read the full series here.
This installment is with Ayelet Schiffman, senior vp/head of promotion at Island Records.
Ayelet Schiffman: It’
- Yungblud has shared a new remix of 24kGoldn’s hit track ‘City Of Angels’ – you can listen to it below.Read more: Yungblud talks “optimistic” new era for second album: “It’s like an episode of ‘Skins’!”The original song was released by the California rapper – real name Golden Landis Von Jones – back in February, and has so far amassed over 11 million hits on YouTube.
Yungblud has now given his own spin on the single aft
- Bon Jovi took to the (virtual) stage at the season finale of The Voice on Tuesday night (May 19) to perform their latest single “Limitless.”
Accompanied by all seven of his bandmates from different locations, frontman Jon Bon Jovi charged through the motivational track, which is featured on the veteran rock group’s forthcoming fifteenth studio set, Bon Jovi: 2020. “On a night like this/ One prayer, one wish/ Step out off the edge/ It’s worth the risk/ Life is limitl
- Pop star's directorial debut stars Kate Hudson, Leslie Odom Jr., Maddie Ziegler
25 May 202024 May 202023 May 202022 May 202021 May 202019 May 202018 May 202017 May 202016 May 202015 May 2020
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!