Dua Lipa and Saoirse Ronan have reportedly been cast in Greta Gerwig’s Barbie.
The singer, who is set to make her acting debut in the Apple TV+ film Argylle later this year, is believed to have landed a role in the upcoming live-action adaptation alongside Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.READ MORE: Dua Lipa live in Manchester: ‘Future Nostalgia’ victory lap confirms her place as a pop colossusSpeaking to The Sun, an inside source said: “Dua is making waves in both mus
- A new documentary focusing on Elton John‘s ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ tour and his early years has been announced.
Co-directed by R.J. Cutler and the filmmaker and John’s husband, David Furnish, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: The Final Elton John Performances And The Years That Made His Legend will include an array of unseen concert footage from the past 50 years, as well as John’s handwritten journals and present-day footage of the musician and his family.READ MORE:
- Dolly Parton will star in a Christmas film for NBC, titled Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas.
The network announced the collaboration on Tuesday (May 17), describing the film as a “modern-day musical about the making of a network TV special”.READ MORE: Dolly Parton – ‘Run, Rose, Run’ album review: a fun, easy-going romp with lashings of charmA description reads: “Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas is the frenetic backstage story and
- Bam Margera has revealed that he’s completed a 12-month treatment program for drug and alcohol abuse.
The stunt performer, who was fired from Jackass Forever after a positive drug test, celebrated the achievement on Instagram after completing the year-long program in Florida.READ MORE: Jackass Forever review: pure, prank-filled fun (plus a lot of testicles)Alongside a video of his son Phoenix receiving a bunch of presents, Margera shared a photo with the words “1 year” written
- Machine Gun Kelly has revealed that Drake almost made an appearance in his forthcoming film, Good Mourning.
The film, Kelly’s directorial debut, is set to feature a ‘Fake Drake’ doppelgänger, and the artist – real name Colson Baker – has now revealed that he was close to getting the actual Drake to play the role.READ MORE: Machine Gun Kelly: “I’ve been jumping up and down on the table, believing in myself, for-fucking-ever”Speaking with h
- A larger preview of Taylor Swift‘s new song ‘Carolina’ has been shared in the latest trailer for Where The Crawdads Sing – check it out below.READ MORE: Every Taylor Swift song ranked in order of greatnessBack in March, it was revealed that Swift had written a brand new song for the forthcoming film adaptation of Delia Owens’ hit 2018 novel, which stars Normal People‘s Daisy Edgar-Jones.
The film is set to hit cinemas on July 15, and it’s not clear
- Jerry Bruckheimer has said that Margot Robbie is in talks to permanently replace Johnny Depp in the Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise, with the latter unlikely to return “at this point”.
Depp is currently suing his ex-wife for defamation over a 2018 op-ed in The Washington Post, where she wrote about being a survivor of domestic violence.
Heard didn’t mention Depp by name in the piece, though his lawyers argue it falsely implies she was sexually and physically abused
- Jason Momoa has apologised for breaking the rules at the Vatican by taking photographs.
Posting on his Instagram account on Saturday (May 14), the Aquaman star appeared in a workout video in which he addressed the photos he took inside the Sistine Chapel, where the use of mobile phones and cameras is forbidden.READ MORE: ‘Fast & Furious 9’ review: slick but safe sequel never reaches top gear“the cage is off i’m free to roam 6weeks since surgery WE WRAPPED ITALY,&
- Amber Heard has claimed her role in the Aquaman sequel has been reduced amid her court battle with ex-husband Johnny Depp.
Speaking in court on Monday (May 16), Heard stated “they didn’t want to include me in the film” and she only shot a “very pared down version” of her part as Mera after she “fought really hard to stay in the movie”.
“I was given a script and then given new versions of the script that had taken away scenes that had action in it,&
- Kit Harington and Clara Rugaard have been cast in Mary’s Monster, a film about author Mary Shelley’s mental struggle to write her 1818 novel Frankenstein.READ MORE: Can prequel ‘House Of The Dragon’ make us forget the final ‘Game Of Thrones’ season?Set to be directed by Farren Blackburn (The Innocents, Shut In), Mary’s Monster is described as a “rock ‘n’ roll” take on the story, which depicts the 19th century “through t
- Pixar has unveiled the title and plot of its 27th feature film – the one that will follow next month’s hotly awaited Toy Story spin-off, Lightyear – with a classic Pixar trope given a breath of fresh air.READ MORE: Every Pixar film ranked in order of greatnessThe film is titled Elemental, and is currently bound to hit cinemas on June 16, 2023. It’s being directed by Peter Sohn, who’d previously helmed 2015’s The Good Dinosaur (and before it, the short film Par
- A first teaser has been unveiled for the Predator prequel film Prey, as well as a release date for this summer.
Directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane), the film focuses on the character Naru (played by indigenous actor and Legion star Amber Midthunder), who wants to “prove her worth as a warrior”.
In the first clip, we see two girls hiding from the Predator before a bow is raised and the extraterrestrial’s lasers are aimed in turn. The clip ends with a tease of the
- Elizabeth Olsen has claimed that she’s never met John Krasinski, even though the pair starred together in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.READ MORE: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness review – a head-spinning, high-energy adventureThe actress, who portrays Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff alongside Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) in the new Marvel movie, was responding to a question about Krasinski when she said that she has only ever met his wife, Emily Blunt.
- Lisa Marie Presley has praised Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis biopic, saying that it’s “nothing short of spectacular”.READ MORE: Romeo + Juliet remains the greatest soundtrack ever – here’s whyThe singer and daughter of the late Elvis Presley wrote online that she’s seen the film, which is released next month, twice and cannot fault the “absolutely exquisite” movie that she believes lead star Austin Butler will win an Oscar for.
Posting on Twitter in t
- Wanda Sykes has said that she’s “still traumatised” by Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars ceremony.READ MORE: The story of Slapgate: Will Smith and Chris Rock’s relationship through the yearsThe comedian told the crowd at a stand-up show in Orlando, Florida on Thursday (May 19) that she was appalled that the actor was allowed to remain at the event and accept his Best Actor award for King Richard following the incident.
“I’m still traumatised,&r
- Vivienne Westwood has discussed how she thinks Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon was a “sensation”, but “didn’t have any more ideas” when the band split.
Westwood was speaking to NME around the release of Wake Up Punk, a new documentary directed by Nigel Askew and heavily featuring the punk legend.READ MORE: Vivienne Westwood: “Oasis? I heard it in a taxi once and thought: ‘Is that it?’”Asked by NME about why she says in Wake Up Punk that Lydon
- Netflix employees should leave the company if they take issue with its programming, the streaming giant has said in an internal memo obtained ahead of its publication this week.READ MORE: NME Recommends – the best hidden gems on NetflixWithin the platform’s ‘Artistic Expression’ section of its corporate culture memo, which was due to be shared publicly on Thursday (May 19) although was obtained in advance by Variety, employees are advised that they should leave the compan
Michelle Yeoh says she teased Jackie Chan for rejecting ‘Everything Everywhere All At Once’ role: “Your loss, my bro”Michelle Yeoh has said she texted Jackie Chan teasing him about turning down the lead role in Everything Everywhere All At Once.
The martial arts legend was originally envisioned by directors and writers Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan as playing the movie’s lead role. However, when he said he was unavailable, they rewrote the part for Yeoh.READ MORE: Is Everything Everywhere All At Once the year’s maddest, most exciting movie?“Jackie actually texted me,” she told t
- The Oscars have set a date for their 2023 ceremony – see all you need to know below.READ MORE: The story of Slapgate: Will Smith and Chris Rock’s relationship through the yearsAfter this year’s Academy Awards, which hit headlines following Will Smith’s notorious onstage slap of Chris Rock, the Oscars will return next year on March 12 and take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.
The submission deadline for general entry categories will be November 15
- Selma Blair is gearing up to release her new memoir, Mean Baby, and in it she talks about some traumatic moments from her past including multiple times she was raped.
In excerpts from the book which were published in People magazine on Wednesday (May 11), the Cruel Intentions actor has opened up about her problems with alcoholism – which started at the age of seven – and how after a day of binge-drinking, she was raped by at least one if not two people.
“I don’t know
- It has been announced that Alan Ritchson has joined the cast of Fast X.READ MORE: Fast & Furious 9 review: slick but safe sequel never reaches top gearAnnouncing the news on Instagram, the Jack Reacher and Titans star wrote: “Really hope this doesn’t affect my car insurance.” It is not yet known which character he will play.
Ritchson joins other new faces Jason Momoa and Brie Larson in the high-speed action franchise, which recently appointed Louis Lette
- Chris Pratt has discussed the possibility of another Jurassic movie as well as him returning to the dinosaur franchise.READ MORE: Jurassic World Evolution 2 review: builds on solid foundations to reach the next levelJurassic World Dominion, the third and final film in the Jurassic World series, is set to be released in UK and US cinemas on June 10.
The sequel to 2018’s Fallen Kingdom will see Pratt star as dino-whisperer Owen Grady alongside Bryce Dallas
- Fred Ward, best known for starring in films such as Tremors, The Right Stuff, The Player and Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, has died aged 79.
His death was confirmed to the New York Post by his publicist Ron Hofmann, who revealed that the actor passed away last Sunday (May 8).
“I am sad to announce the passing of acclaimed actor Fred Ward, who passed away on Sunday, May 8, 2022, at age 79,” Hofmann’s statement read. “The Golden Globe winner, actor and
- The cast has been announced for Francis Ford Coppola’s next film Megalopolis, featuring Adam Driver, Nathalie Emmanuel, Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburne and Jon Voight.
Coppola, whose last film was 2011 horror Twixt, is self-funding the film with a budget at just under $100million. He’ll both write and direct the project.
A synopsis reads: “The fate of Rome haunts a modern world unable to solve its own social problems in this epic story of political ambition, genius and conf
- Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness writer Michael Waldron has confirmed there were discussions about a Deadpool cameo.
The Marvel character, played by Ryan Reynolds, has yet to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following Disney‘s acquisition of 21st Century Fox. While many hoped he would appear in the Doctor Strange sequel, a cameo didn’t materialise.READ MORE: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness review: a head-spinning, high-energy advent
- Tom DeLonge is set to release his directorial debut, Monsters Of California, later this year – and while he’s yet to lock down a release date, he today shared the first glimpse of its sci-fi insanity with an official trailer.READ MORE: Five things we learned from our In Conversation video chat with Tom DeLongePer the film’s synopsis, Monsters Of California follows the mind-bending exploits of Dallas Edwards, who, flanked by an ensemble of similarly dorky, sex- and drug-loving t
- FKA twigs has said she’s “honoured” to be added to the cast of the newly rebooted The Crow alongside It star Bill Skarsgård.READ MORE: FKA Twigs: “There are so many sides to me that the world hasn’t seen yet”As reported last month (April 1), the film will be helmed by Rupert Sanders, who previously directed Snow White And The Huntsman and Ghost In The Shell.
Posting on Instagram yesterday (May 11), the ‘Two Weeks’ singer w
- Spinal Tap II, a direct sequel to legendary rock mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap, has been announced.READ MORE: Hello Cleveland! Nine embarrassing Spinal Tap moments that happened in real lifeThe 1984 film, which produced numerous quotable scenes – including exploding drummers, “it’s such a fine line between stupid and clever” and amps that “go up to 11″ – will now see its 40th anniversary marked with more tales of rock cliché and questionable son
- Christopher Walken is set to play Emperor Shaddam IV in Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: Part Two.READ MORE: Dune review: desert-based blockbuster will scorch your sensesWalken has been added to an all-star cast that includes Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya, Josh Brolin and (probably) Florence Pugh, according to Deadline.
The veteran actor has recently appeared in Bristol-based comedy-drama The Outlaws – in which he painted over a real Banksy artwork – as
- Beloved character actor, producer and director James Hong has finally received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in Los Angeles, six decades into his film career.
The Chinese-American icon, who boasts credits on 469 TV shows, 149 feature films, 32 short films and 22 video games – across a career that has seen him act alongside stars from Clark Gable to Seth Rogen – became the oldest person ever to receive a star on the Walk Of Fame on Tuesday (May 10).READ MORE: Is ‘Everythi
- Ezra Miller has claimed they deliberately film themselves being assaulted in order to make art.
The Fantastic Beasts actor, who uses they/them pronouns, released a video sharing bodycam footage of when they got arrested at a karaoke bar in Hawaii.
“I got assaulted and I started filming. Let me show you the video,” Miller can be heard saying in the video obtained by TMZ.
“I got assaulted in this bar, twice in a row. I film myself when I get assaulted for NFT crypto art
- Judd Apatow has said he would be keen to make a Superbad sequel, despite hesitations from the rest of the team.
The filmmaker, who produced the beloved 2007 comedy, recently said he wants to follow the high school characters as they make their way through college.READ MORE: Funny person: 10 of Judd Apatow’s best films“I always wanted them to do a sequel to Superbad,” Apatow said on the Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum podcast. Jonah Hill, who plays the lead, had s
- Top Gun: Maverick director Joseph Kosinski has explained why two major characters from the first film didn’t return for the sequel.
Kelly McGillis, who plays Pete “Maverick” Mitchell’s love interest Charlie Blackwood, and Meg Ryan as Goose’s wife Carole Bradshaw are both noticeably absent from the new movie.READ MORE: Top Gun: Maverick review: an engaging if brainless return to the danger zoneMiles Teller has been cast as Nick “Goose” Bradshaw’s so
- Hayden Panettiere has officially rejoined the Scream franchise.
The actor, who starred in 2011’s Scream 4 as Kirby Reed, has been cast in the forthcoming sixth film, due to begin filming this summer.READ MORE: Scream review: rollercoaster ‘requel’ is stuffed with scary good timesPanettiere’s character has been described as a “best friend” type, per The Hollywood Reporter, who “rises to hero status by the end”.
The new role will mark the a
- Comedian Andy Dick has been arrested on suspicion of felony sexual battery.
TMZ broke the news of Dick’s arrest following an alleged incident in Orange County, California, after which Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Scott Steinle confirmed the news to of his arrest to The Hollywood Reporter.
Steinle explained law enforcement authorities were called to a campground in O’Neill Regional Park in Trabuco Canyon at approximately 9am on Wednesday (May 11), after a man
- Kevin Spacey is preparing to make his return to starring roles in 1242 – Gateway To The West, a new film that will be available to buy at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
Also starring Eric Roberys, Christopher Lambert and Terence Stamp, the film will be one of several unmade projects seeking distribution as part of Cannes Market. Hungarian filmmaker Peter Soos will direct the film, with Aron Horvath and Joan Lane due to write the script (per The Independent).
Although he appea
- The producers of Rust have disputed an official report stating they failed to adhere to gun safety prior to the on-set shooting involving Alec Baldwin.
Last October, the actor was rehearsing a scene for the film when he discharged a live round from a prop gun on set, which killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured the director, Joel Souza.
Baldwin has claimed that he was told the gun was “cold” by the assistant director, and the Sante Fe Sheriff’s department and d
- Elizabeth Olsen has said she got “frustrated” with the Marvel Cinematic Universe after losing roles she was more interested in.
The actor, currently playing Wanda Maximoff in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, opened up about her commitment to Marvel saying it made her sacrifice other roles.READ MORE: ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ review: a head-spinning, high-energy adventure“It took me away from the physical ability to do certai
- Riz Ahmed is set to lead a modern adaptation of Hamlet.READ MORE: Riz Ahmed on his most iconic film scenes: “Jake Gyllenhaal was such a weirdo!”The actor will be teaming up with Aneil Karia, his collaborator on the Oscar-winning The Long Goodbye, for the new film.
Ahmed will play the titular role and will see Hamlet “move through London’s elite circles and attend exuberant parties, going to violent lengths to avenge his father and prove his uncle guilty&rdq
- Amanda Seyfried says she was “grossed out” by how male fans reacted to her Mean Girls character.
The actress played the role of Karen Smith in the 2004 teen comedy, which focused on a clique of high school girls.
In one particular scene, Seyfried’s character said she could predict the weather while holding her breasts. Following the premiere of the film, the actress noted that male fans would approach her and reference that specific part of the movie.
“I always felt reall
- Michelle Williams has said that Jeremy Strong helped her raise her daughter, Matilda.
The actor, who met the Succession star in 2004 at the Williamstown Theatre Festival, recalled how Strong moved into her home after Heath Ledger, Williams’ partner and Matilda’s father, died.READ MORE: Succession season three episode eight recap: Roman’s big reveal“Jeremy was serious enough to hold the weight of a child’s broken heart and sensitive enough to understand how
- Sicario star Josh Brolin has shared an update on the forthcoming third film in the franchise.
The actor, who plays Matt Graver in the action-thriller franchise, recently said that a second sequel is “at the forefront of all of our minds” for those involved.READ MORE: Sicario – film reviewSicario was released in 2015 and was a critical and commercial success, with a sequel then following in 2018 called Day of the Soldado which was directed by Stefano Sollima,
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness star Benedict Cumberbatch has revealed that he once turned down the opportunity to play a Marvel villain.
Before taking on the role of the surgeon-turned-sorcerer, the actor was approached to play Malekith the Accursed in Thor: The Dark World, a part that ultimately went to Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston.READ MORE: ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ review: a head-spinning, high-energy adventureRecalling the offer in an in
- Four cast members have been confirmed to return for Scream 6.
Production is set to begin on the new film this summer, seeing several actors who starred in this year’s reboot returning once again.READ MORE: ‘Scream’ review: rollercoaster ‘requel’ is stuffed with scary good timesMelissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding and Jenna Ortega have all been confirmed to reprise their roles, according to Bloody Disgusting.
The franchise newcomers played Sam
- Danny Boyle has spoken out about his axed James Bond movie, revealing the story he originally had planned for the 25th instalment of the franchise.
The director was set to helm Daniel Craig’s final outing as 007 before departing the project due to creative differences with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson.READ MORE: ‘Pistol’: what the cast told us about their new Sex Pistols seriesSpeaking to Esquire UK, the Oscar winner revealed that his proposed story was set
- Charlize Theron has shared an official first-look at her Marvel Cinematic Universe character.
The actor made her debut in the MCU as Clea in a mid-credits scene in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.READ MORE: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness review: a head-spinning, high-energy adventureSix days after the film opened in cinemas, Theron took to Instagram to share photos of herself in character alongside Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.
Take a look at the photos he
- David Cronenberg has said he’s expecting audience walkouts during the premiere of his new film, Crimes Of The Future.
The director, best known for sci-fi horror films Shivers, Scanners and The Fly, is set to debut his latest project at this month’s Cannes Film Festival (May 17-28).READ MORE: We should be at Cannes right now – so here’s 10 of the film festival’s greatest ever moviesSpeaking to Deadline, Cronenberg said he expects some “very strong scenes&r
- Andrew Dominik, director of the new film This Much I Know To Be True, has spoken to NME about how the movie depicts how far Nick Cave has come in his journey of processing grief.READ MORE: This Much I Know To Be True review: an engrossing and intimate portrait of Nick CaveThis Much I Know To Be True, which is in cinemas for one night only tomorrow (Wednesday May 11), is a documentary meets performance film that centres around the creative relationship between Cave and his Bad Seeds bandmate and
- The first trailer for Hustle, a new basketball film on Netflix starring Adam Sandler, has just been released – scroll down to watch.
The film stars Sandler as Philadelphia 76ers scout Stanley Beren, who travels constantly in search of new players.READ MORE: Adam Sandler didn’t ‘get good’, you were just being a snobHustle is produced by Sandler and LeBron James. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the drama will see Sandler “play an American basketbal
Twenty One Pilots’ Tyler Joseph was working on song for new ‘Top Gun’ film before “Tom Cruise fired everyone”Twenty One Pilots singer Tyler Joseph has claimed that he was asked to write a song for the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack before star and producer Tom Cruise rescinded the offer.READ MORE: 13 geeky facts about Twenty One PilotsJoseph said in a new interview that he was invited to contribute a song for the sequel to 1986’s Top Gun.
“I was working with the music placement person for the new Top Gun on writing a new song for them and then I believe Tom Cruise just came in and just fired
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!