Ridley Scott has revealed that he’s considered making a third Alien prequel, with the director believing “there’s a lot of mileage” left in the series.
The filmmaker, 82, helmed the original 1979 Alien film, which was set in the year 2122. Three sequels – Alien, Aliens 3 and Alien Resurrection – followed in 1986, 1992 and 1997 respectively, though Scott did not direct these titles.
He later returned to the director’s chair for a prequel spin-off made up
- Suicide Squad director David Ayer says Jared Leto was “mistreated” by the final edit of the film.
Ayer has regularly shared his disappointment at the final version of the divisive 2016 film, which sees Leto playing the Joker.Read more: ‘The Suicide Squad’ movie: release date, plot details, cast and everything we know so farReplying to a Twitter post campaigning for the 30 Seconds To Mars to get the chance to portray the Joker again, Ayer wrote: “Jared was pretty mis
- A number of major Hollywood directors have expressed their desire to work with John Boyega after the Star Wars actor’s protest speech yesterday (June 3).
Addressing the Black Lives Matter protest in London’s Hyde Park, Boyega expressed his worry about getting future roles after his impassioned speech.
“I don’t know if I’m going to have a career after this, but fuck that,” he told the crowd at one of a series of worldwide protests following the death of George
- AMC, the largest cinema chain in the United States, says it may go out of business due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The chain announced yesterday (June 3) that it expects to record losses of $2.4 billion in the first quarter of 2020.Read more: Streaming services have saved cinemas, but now they’re kicking them while they’re downAs The Hollywood Reporter writes, the company have expressed “substantial doubt” over whether it can “continue as a going concern for a reas
- Mary Pat Gleason, who was best known for roles in Friends, Sex and the City and Will & Grace, has died at the age of 70.
The actress’ nephew John Brostrom revealed the news to ET, sharing that Gleason died from uterine cancer. Brostrom said that Gleason beat the cancer in 2015, but suffered a recent recurrence.
Brostrom revealed that, due to the coronavirus pandemic, family and friends were unable to visit Gleason while she was in hospital, and later at a rehab facility. He revealed th
- Organisers of this year’s Cannes Film Festival have revealed their shortlist of movies despite the event not officially going ahead in 2020.
Last month it was confirmed that the festival would not be going forward as a physical event due to the coronavirus pandemic.Read more: We should be at Cannes right now – so here’s 10 of the film festival’s greatest ever moviesA spokesperson for the festival also said at the time: “As of today, a physical edition seems com
- Facebook has launched a new app that acts as a second screen for fans to comment on live events and engage with others watching.
Venue, described as “the companion app to live events”, arrives days after Facebook announced Collab, a short-form music video app that allows users to overlay up to three recordings at a time to create remote musical collaborations.New Facebook NPE app Venue wants to bring live events and user commentary together in one place.
iOS here: https://t.co/s
- Spike Lee has spoken out against Donald Trump‘s reaction to the protests taking place across the US.
The US President, who threatened to deploy the military in response to the looting and rioting following the death of George Floyd, was described by the director as “a gangster”, who added “he’s trying to be a dictator” in an interview with the BBC.Read more: Doing the right thing: Spike Lee’s 10 best filmsIn reference to Trump’s photograph pos
- John Boyega has addressed a Black Lives Matter protest that is currently taking place in central London — you can watch footage of his speech below.
Today’s event (June 3) has been organised as part of a day of action against discrimination following widespread protests in the US and across the world over the death of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis last week (May 25). Former police officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaugh
- Destin Daniel Cretton’s true-story drama Just Mercy has been made available to stream for free in the US in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
The film tells the true story of defence attorney Bryan Stevenson, a Harvard law graduate who went to Alabama to defend Walter ‘Johnny D.’ McMillian after he was wrongly convicted of murder in 1986.
Read more: Just Mercy review: Michael B. Jordan’s stirring legal drama packs a powerful, emotional punch
- George Clooney has written a letter condemning America’s stance on racism, calling it the country’s pandemic and urging citizens to vote Donald Trump out of office this November.
Writing for The Daily Beast, Clooney was responding to the death of George Floyd last week (May 25). Floyd, who was African-American, was killed when a white police officer appeared to kneel on his neck as he lay on the ground during an arrest. Former police officer Derek Chauvin has since been sacked a
- John Boyega has been praised by fans for responding to racist attacks on his Twitter account.
Last week, the Star Wars actor spoke out against the death of George Floyd in the US with anti-racist tweets on the matter, tweeting “I really fucking hate racists” on May 27.
George Floyd died from asphyxiation on last Monday (May 25) in Minneapolis, after a white police officer kneeled on his neck following an arrest, for almost nine minutes.
One Twitter user responded to Boyega&rsquo
- Paramount Pictures has tapped Victoria Mahoney to direct Kill Them All based on the comic by Kyle Starks.
- Alien director Ridley Scott reveals that Stanley Kubrick called him wanting to know how his team pulled off the iconic Chestburster scene.
- A behind-the-scenes video reveals some outtakes from the filming of the Ghostbusters commercial in the original movie.
- Tenet star Robert Pattinson was as confused by the movie as audiences likely will be.
- This piece of fan art depicts what things could look like should Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam ever meet Henry Cavill's Man of Steel.
- Artist Stephen Byrne has shared art for a theoretical Avengers vs. Justice League crossover event.
- There is a good reason why Godzilla took on the role of a good guy instead of being the heavy in this Kaiju franchise.
- The Batman star Robert Pattinson found out he'd won the role on his first day filming Tenet.
- Warner Bros. has made Destin Daniel Cretton's Just Mercy available to rent for free on digital platforms in June.
- Kevin Smith has revealed his initial Die Hard inspired plans for the Mallrats sequel.
- Featuring Chris Farley's final movie performance, Bob Saget's 1998 comedy Dirty Work starring Norm McDonald can be streamed for free on YouTube.
- Josh Boone is happy with The New Mutants and is hopeful it can be successful enough to open the door for sequels.
- A 22-page document reveals how studios intend to get production up and running again following the shutdown.
- Laura Harrier thought she'd lost the role of Liz Toomes to Zendaya prior to shooting Spider-Man: Homecoming opposite Tom Hardy.
- The seventh Mission: Impossible movie will hopefully be able to start filming again in a few months.
- Kevin James is unrecognizable as a Neo-Nazi murderer in the violent and gruesome Becky.
- New research suggests the box office is going to take a large hit this year as theaters remain closed around the country.
- Robert Pattinson's Batmobile kept a lot of the same design ideas from the original concept art models.
- Olaf actor Josh Gad expresses his excitement for Frozen 3 but doesn't know when or if it will officially happen.
- Some new fan art turns Emma Stone into the live-action version Spider-Gwen and it's almost too perfect.
- Mario and Mandela Van Peebles shine in A Clear Shot, based on the largest hostage rescue operation in U.S. history.
- After Shaq said he wants to box Johnny Knoxville in Jackass 4, Steve-O promised the former Laker he'd get him in the movie.
- Kevin Smith is currently giving Moose Jaws a rewrite that will remove Jay and Silent Bob from the story entirely.
- New data suggests thousands of movie theaters in China will not be able to weather the current economic storm.
- Artist Andy Park has shared new concept art from Thor: Ragnarok revealing alternate looks for the God of Thunder.
- Friday the 13th Part 2 and King Frat screenwriter Ron Kurz has passed away from heart failure at the age of 79.
- Production on Avatar 2 is getting ready to restart, though it's still going to be a few weeks before everything can begin.
- Paul Dano has opened up about playing The Riddler in The Batman, talked about the film’s delay, and praised Matt Reeves’ script.
The actor is one of the latest cast members to share their reactions to the movie following his of co-stars Andy Serkis and Colin Farrell who have also spoken out in the past few weeks.Read more: All the films and TV shows suspended due to coronavirusIn an interview with The Playlist, Dano said the script surprised him and that it could be “reall
- Ewan McGregor's Black Mask is one of the best parts of Cathy Yan's Birds of Prey, but there were definitely no obscene photos from the villain.
- A new report suggests that Thrawn is being brought to life in live-action in the Star Wars universe.
- IFC's new horror movie The Wretched has tied a record held by massive blockbusters such as Black Panther and Titanic.
- Harry Potter star David Thewlis will play a 'blue thing' in Avatar 2.
- Lord of the Rings reunion party reveals Gandalf's most famous line did not come from the books.
- Michael Jai White would love to join the DC cinematic universe and has a particular role in mind.
- Birds of Prey director Cathy Yan has denied a rumour that parts of the movie were reshot to take out a “dick pic” storyline for Ewan McGregor’s villain Black Mask.
The DC movie sees Harley Quinn face off against the baddie, also known as Roman Sinois. However, according to journalist Grace Randolph, there was a storyline removed revolving around a picture of his penis on a statue.
Read more: 7 reasons to watch Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Har
- Director Chad Stahelski may be able to use leftover action scenes in [John Wick 4.
- A new fan-made One Punch Man trailer teases live-action take on the popular anime.
- A new trailer for the latest ESPN 30 for 30 documentary, Be Water, has now been released.
Follow @NewslockMovies on Twitter!