Saturday (May 23) marks the 20th anniversary of Eminem’s third album, The Marshall Mathers LP. His magnum opus not only shattered records on the Billboard 200 (debuted at No. 1 with a whopping 1.78 million copies its opening week) but highlighted his abilities as a raw and gifted storyteller. With Em looking to shed light on his real-life persona of Marshall Mathers, he hired famed photographer Jonathan Mannion to help capture his vision.
Mannion, who previously shot legendary album c
- Grimes and Elon Musk had to change the numbers in their son's name to Roman numerals.
- Brian May's doctor drove him to hospital in his own car.
- Queen guitarist Brian May has revealed that he suffered a “small heart attack” that left him “very near death” after a recent gardening accident.
Read more: ‘Queen days’: Brian May reflects on his rock ‘n’ roll journey
Earlier this month, May was hospitalised after reportedly “ripping his Gluteus Maximus to shreds” while gardening.
Discussing the incident in a new Instagram post, May said he was in “agony” from the inju
- With two trophies, including the coveted song of the year, Tones And I was the big winner at the APRA Music Awards on Monday (May 25).
Tones (real name Toni Watson) has now won just about every major accolade going since her breakthrough hit “Dance Monkey” evolved into a monster.
The single recently passed seven billion streams across all platforms, including more than one billion on YouTube and 1.4 billion on Spotify, a record for a female artist.On Monday, Tones bagged the peer-vot
- With no physical live music on the horizon due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Live Nation Canada and Budweiser are bringing live music to fans with the weekly virtual concert series, Budweiser Stage At Home.
“The most important part of this story is that positive things are happening in our industry and no one’s throwing in the towel,” Joey Scoleri, Live Nation Canada’s head of industry relations, tells Billboard. “We’re doing everything we can to stay engaged. We
- G-Eazy has shared details of a new album called ‘Everything’s Strange Here’ – watch the video for its first track below.
The follow-up to 2017’s ‘The Beautiful & Damned’ is set for release on June 5, and if the Bay Area rapper’s new single, ‘Free Porn, Cheap Drugs’, is anything to go by then his upcoming album might be focused more on singing than rapping.
On the new song, G-Eazy sings: “This vicious cycle spins and spins/&nbs
- London’s Southbank Centre says it’s at risk of closure until at least April of next year, detailing its financial struggles due to coronavirus in a new statement.
Read more: Live after lockdown: venues on the idea of gigs with social distancing
The centre, which includes the Royal Festival Hall venue, has been shut since March 17, and says its financial reserves will run out by this September.
Making a new statement today (May 25), Southbank has called on the UK government to support
- Doja Cat has issued a statement denying allegations that she took part in racism online.
Read more: Doja Cat, you’ve been cancelled: how the novelty ‘Mooo!’ rapper became 2018’s ‘Milkshake Duck’
On Friday (May 22), the singer came under fire on Twitter when the hashtag #DojaCatIsOverParty went viral after it was alleged that she had taken part in racist video chats and wrote a song in 2015 called ‘Dindu Nuffin’, a racist slur mocking vict
- IDLES have shared a huge new remix of Hull four-piece LIFE‘s recent single ‘Switching On’ – listen to the NME premiere below.
Read more: LIFE launched their new album in a kebab shop in Camden, so we went down and asked, “Why?”
The standalone single follows LIFE’s 2019 album ‘A Picture Of Good Health’, and has been warped into an intimidating, industrial new beast by IDLES guitarist Mark Bowen.
Speaking of the new remix, Bowen said: “I
- DaBaby is in charge of Australia’s singles chart this week as “Rockstar” (Interscope/Universal) featuring Roddy Ricch climbs to the summit for the first time.
“Rockstar” rises 2-1 in its fifth week on the ARIA Singles Chart, giving the U.S. rappers their first No. 1 in the land Down Under.
Lifted from DaBaby’ Blame It On Baby, “Rockstar” also rules this week’s Official U.K. Singles Chart.
Meanwhile, SAINt JHN’s six-week reign comes to a
- Country music singer Morgan Wallen apologized Sunday (May 24) following his weekend arrest on public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges.
Wallen, 27, was arrested Saturday night after he was kicked out of Kid Rock’s bar in downtown Nashville, news outlets reported.Wallen said on Twitter that he and some friends were “horse-playing” after a few bar stops.
“We didn’t mean any harm, and we want to say sorry to any bar staff or anyone that was affected,” W
- Hayley Williams has posted a cover of SZA’s hit ‘Drew Barrymore’, live from her home in isolation. The down-tempo R&B cut features on SZA’s 2017 debut album ‘Ctrl’.Read More: Hayley Williams: “Women’s rage has been such a catalyst for beautiful things”Watch the cover below:View this post on Instagramthis was weeks ago… April 11th, to be exact. have a few saved up. guess i’ve been holding out on yall. the only constant for me
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s pop mega-collaboration “Rain on Me” is reigning over the U.K. singles chart.
The new single, which dropped last Friday with an accompanying music video, rules the Official Chart First Look Top 20 with a lead of 7,000 chart sales over its nearest rival, DaBaby’s “Rockstar” featuring Roddy Ricch.“Rain on Me,” lifted from Gaga’s delayed sixth studio album Chromatica, due out this Friday May 29, holds the advantage o
- Netflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in a press release, which was shared with Digital Music News. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is […]The post Netflix Will Stop Charging Your Credit Card If You Haven’t Watched Anythi
- Netflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in a press release, which was shared with Digital Music News. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is […]The post Netflix Says They’ll Stop Charging Your Credit Card If You Haven’t
Netflix Is Deactivating Accounts That Haven’t Been Accessed for a Year, So Credit Cards Aren’t Charged UnfairlyNetflix has announced that it will begin alerting inactive subscribers and, unless these individuals indicate that they’d like to continue paying for the service, automatically canceling their subscriptions. Today’s leading premium video-streaming platform revealed the surprising move in an update issued this weekend. Via emails and in-app notices, Netflix is asking “everyone who has not […]The post Netflix Is Deactivating Accounts That Haven’t Been Accessed for a
- Guinean singer Mory Kante, an influential figure in African and world music, has died, his family said Friday. He was 70.
Kante brought Guinean, and Mandingo, culture to the world. He was called an ambassador of Afro-Pop music. His song “Yeke Yeke,” released in the late ’80s, has been remixed and covered extensively.
“Guinea and the whole world have lost a great personality,” Kante’s son, Balla Kante, told The Associated Press. “My father was a great per
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) is officially allowing those who are still awaiting their stimulus checks to track their progress through the mail, via the Informed Delivery service. Free to sign up for and to utilize, Informed Delivery enables U.S. citizens to digitally view grayscale images of the letters – including stimulus checks, for […]The post Still Haven’t Received Your Stimulus Check? Here’s How to Track It Through the USPS appeared first on Digital Mus
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) is officially allowing those who are still awaiting their stimulus checks to track their progress through the mail, via the Informed Delivery service. Free to sign up for and to utilize, Informed Delivery enables U.S. citizens to digitally view grayscale images of the letters – including stimulus checks, for […]The post Now You Can Track Your Stimulus Check Through the US Post Office appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Legendary entertainment executive Andre Harrell passed away on May 7 due to heart failure at just 59 years old. To celebrate the fulfilled life of Mr. Champagne & Bubbles, the music world came together with a virtual one-hour broadcast paying tribute to Harrell on Sunday evening (May 24).
Whether it was his signature infectious smile, eye for talent or sheer wisdom, a plethora of artists’ careers have been positively impacted by Harrell during his near four decades in the music busines
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West celebrated six years of marriage on Sunday (May 24).
Kardashian marked the occasion on social media by posting a set of pictures with her arms around her husband. In one, she’s seen kissing him on the cheek, and in the other, they’re both smiling at the camera.
“6 years down; forever to go,” she captioned the sweet snapshots. “Until the end.”They were married in 2014 at Fort di Belvedere, a 16th century fortress in Florence, Italy
- Hayley Williams filmed a stripped-down take of SZA’s “Drew Barrymore” at home and shared it with fans this weekend.
“self-serenades / amateur hour,” she captioned the Instagram video she posted on Sunday (May 24) of herself sitting on a couch with a guitar.
“this was weeks ago… April 11th, to be exact,” Williams said, offering some context. “have a few saved up. guess i’ve been holding out on yall. the only constant for me (beside
- Prine, who received the 2020 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, died from coronavirus complications in April (20).
- Valory has refuted the "outrageous" claims and has since lodged a countersuit.
- Eminem, 47, previously admitted the project will always overshadow his future endeavours, because it was some of his best work ever.
- Meanwhile, Milian has plenty to keep herself busy as she is currently promoting her latest venture - her own baby gear line for the Your Babiie brand.
- Janelle Monáe has revealed that she suffered “anxiety attacks” during the recording of her 2018 album ‘Dirty Computer’.
Read more: The 10 musicians leading pop’s queer revolution, and their must-hear songs
Speaking in a new interview, the singer-and-actress shared that she contemplated whether or not to carry on with recording the acclaimed LP.
She said that she was worried it might “embolden” the groups of “white supremacists and neo-N
- Selena Gomez is honoring this year’s graduates who are part of immigrant families with a special video message.
The singer took the time to film a short speech from home to mark the accomplishments of high school and college students as part of the Immigrad 2020 Virtual Commencement on Saturday (May 23).
“I know that this is a virtual ceremony, but it is very real, and it’s very real to all the families and all of you and your communities,” Gomez said. “I want you g
Cody Simpson Drops Miley Cyrus-Directed ‘Captain’s Dance With the Devil’ Video While in Quarantine: WatchCody Simpson appears in drag in his new “Captain’s Dance With the Devil” music video, directed by Miley Cyrus.
The singer-songwriter tells the story of a sailor “yearning for freedom” on his latest track, and the new clip, filmed in quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic and released on Thursday (May 21), offers an intimate, moody portrait of the song’s character.
“The song can be interpreted in myriad ways and this was my primary idea. Miley interpr
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!