Ever since it hit the music world last year, Tones And I’s infectious “Dance Monkey” has not gotten out of our heads. So much so, that on Tuesday (May 19), the song’s music video hit one billion YouTube views.
The clip, which shows Tones And I, born Toni Elizabeth Watson, dressed as an elderly man strutting out of the retirement home and busting a move on a country club golf course with pals.“I can’t believe ‘Dance Monkey’ has hit 1 billion views!
- NOS Alive festival has been officially postponed until next year due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis – you can see the full statement below.Read More: Coronavirus: every cancelled gig, festival and tour – and how to get your ticket refundThe annual event was set to return to Lisbon, Portugal from July 8-11. Artists featured on the 2020 bill included Taylor Swift, The Strokes, Billie Eilish and Kendrick Lamar.
NOS organisers have now issued a statement to confirm that the festival h
- YouTube Music announced its first foundry class of 2020, highlighting 12 emerging artists who are creating a buzz in the music scene.
Foundry is YouTube’s global artist development program that “helps independent artists use music and storytelling to engage fans across borders and build careers with a vision they uniquely define on their own.”
This year’s inaugural class includes Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter Adam Melchor, Puerto Rican trap star Eladio Carrion, Broo
Sam Smith Wants to Help ‘Fix You’ in New Clip of Their Coldplay Cover from iHeartRadio Series: ExclusiveWhile life in quarantine has plenty of downsides, pop singer Sam Smith will be the first to tell you that it also has its own positive moments. And on Wednesday (May 20), they’re ready to show fans some of that positivity.
Smith will appear as the latest guest of iHeartRadio’s Living Room Series presented by State Farm on Wednesday. In an exclusive clip for Billboard, Smith explains that while being stuck in quarantine has been hard, it’s also been enlightening.
- Most music fans won’t be comfortable immediately attending concerts and festivals when officials lift social distancing restrictions, a new Canadian survey has found. Only 22% of frequent concertgoers and 12% of the general population say they will attend concerts within a few weeks of their return.
The coronavirus pandemic has upended concert-going so much that 70% of people who regularly attended concerts and festivals before the COVID-19 pandemic would prefer at least a few months to re
- Indonesia is adding a 10% value-added tax (VAT) to digital streaming services starting in July. The latest regulation comes from the Finance Ministry in Jakarta, who made the announcement public on Friday. “Under this regulation, digital products such as streaming music subscriptions, streaming films, digital applications, and games are subject to VAT,” the statement reads. […]The post Indonesia Is Tacking a 10% VAT on Spotify, Apple Music, and Other Streaming Services appeare
- Spotify has scored a major podcasting coup, inking a multiyear licensing deal to bring The Joe Rogan Experience exclusively to its audio streaming platform.
The deal, terms of which were not disclosed, means that Spotify eventually will become the exclusive home for the popular podcast, which regularly ranks as one of the top podcasts on Apple’s charts. The comedy talk series will remain free and accessible to all Spotify users. It will debut Sept. 1 on Spotify and be available on other pl
- via mtv.comKailee Morgue's punky take on pop runs through her new EP, 'Here in Your Bedroom.' She tells MTV News about how the live drums at its center helped give her a signature sound that recalled her favorite icons.
- After dominating the second half of the 2000s with smashes like “Boom Boom Pow,” “I Gotta Feeling” and “Imma Be,” the Black Eyed Peas are back on the charts — first with “RITMO,” the J Balvin collaboration that has crashed the top 40 of the Hot 100, and then with “Mamacita,” which has reached No. 23 on the Hot Latin Songs chart and features Puerto Rican superstar Ozuna, as well as vibrant newcomer J. Rey Soul.
- During this unprecedented prom season, Alicia Keys took to Twitter yesterday (May 18) to cherish her night to remember with her date Russ Jones, longtime vice president of promotions/lifestyle at RCA.
“I went to my prom with one of my closest guy friends/brothers @iamrussjones I’ve known him since kindergarten and I know him to this day!!” the artist wrote as part of a Twitter thread. “I don’t think I even wanted to go. I probably pretended I was too
- As co-owner of Seattle’s popular independent venue Neumos in Capitol Hill, Steven Severin has been a staple in the Seattle music industry for more than 20 years. A decade ago, he helped create the Seattle Nightlife and Music Association to bring together the area’s live event insiders, and for the past 16 years has helped run Neumos with its sister club Barboza and the accompanying Runaway bar.
As part of Billboard’s efforts to best cover the coronavirus pandemic and its impact
- Beyoncé has been added to the list of guest speakers for YouTube’s virtual commencement ceremony that will also feature the Obamas.
YouTube announced Tuesday that Beyoncé will deliver an inspirational message to the 2020 class for its “Dear Class of 2020” event, which will take place June 6 at 3 p.m. EDT and will stream on YouTube.Barack and Michelle Obama will also speak at the virtual celebration, which will include appearances from Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Bill
- A tribute to Andre Harrell, the influential music executive who discovered Sean “Diddy” Combs and died earlier this month, will air Sunday.
The memorial broadcast dubbed “Mr. Champagne and Bubbles” — a nickname of Harrell’s — will feature tributes from Chris Rock, Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx, Babyface, Naomi Campbell, Lee Daniels, Clarence Avant, Russell Simmons, Kimora Lee Simmons, Robin Thicke and more. It will air commercial free on BET, BET Jams, BET So
- Clip was directed by Hangover and The Good Fight actor Justin Bartha
- Today’s leading music streaming service, Spotify, has signed a massive deal with comedian and UFC commentator Joe Rogan, which will make his world-famous podcast, the Joe Rogan Experience, available exclusively to Spotify users later this year. Spotify announced the “multi-year exclusive licensing deal” in a press release, which was shared with Digital Music News. The […]The post Joe Rogan’s Podcast Is Now a Spotify Exclusive appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Summer’s just around the corner, but artists have already delivered the brightest and grooviest hits to compete for this year’s song of the summer.
Harry Styles’ served up some juicy “Watermelon Sugar” to cool fans off with his sexy new music video. Sounds like Styles knows how to beat the heat but also bring it, wouldn’t you say so? Speaking of “Say So,” Doja Cat’s first No. 1 hit remains a top contender, especially with the Nicki Minaj-assi
- Ever since making their comeback in 2019, the Jonas Brothers have not shied away from experimenting with new genres.
In the summer of last year, the group jumped on Sebastian Yatra’s “Runaway” with Natti Natasha and Daddy Yankee, flaunting their Spanish-speaking skills for the first time. Now, they’ve recruited Karol G on their latest track “X,” a bilingual bop that fuses dance-pop with Latin rhythms.
It’s a no brainer that Kevin, Nick and Joe Jonas have
- Trent Reznor has shared an update on the official Nine Inch Nails website, explaining that he’s currently working on a number of projects – including new material from the band.Read more: Mark, My Words: artists, don’t delay your new albums – music is an emergency service“I SUPPOSE I CAN LET YOU KNOW WE HAD A TOUR BOOKED THIS FALL THAT CONTINUED AND EXPANDED COLD AND BLACK AND INFINITE” Reznor wrote on the site today (May 19).
“JEHNNY BETH WAS COMIN
- Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Blue Oyster Cult, Kurtis Blow and Gary U.S. Bonds are among the performers slated for the upcoming News 12 Concert Series Supporting Health Care Heroes Concert, presented by the Long Island Music Hall of Fame. The event is set for broadcast on May 31 on News 12 Plus (Channel 61) and FIOS Channel 530.
The 90-minute telecast will feature many inductees into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.
Other acts on the show include Taking Back Sunday, Richie Cannata, Barnaby Bye, El
- via music-news.comThe U.K. radio station is teaming up with seven partner stations across Europe on 30 May for five epic hours of back-to-back dance music sets simultaneously.
- "It was one of my first public singing occasions," says Cash of his 1949 performance of "Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes"
- Bullet For My Valentine frontman Matt Tuck has given an update on the progress of the band’s “brutal, heavy, and technical” forthcoming album.
The Welsh band, whose last record ‘Gravity’ arrived in 2018, have apparently got a total of seven tracks “demoed up and ready to go” for potential inclusion on their seventh studio effort.
Revealing the news to Rock Sound (via Blabbermouth), Tuck explained that BFMV had “got a good head start” with the
- TikTok is poaching former Disney streaming executive Kevin Mayer as its new CEO. TikTok made the announcement late Monday, confirmed by its Chinese-owned parent company, ByteDance. Mayer led the successful launch of Disney’s new streaming service in November. He was passed over in February when Disney selected a new CEO. Mayer’s appointment as TikTok CEO […]The post TikTok Taps Former Disney+ Streaming Chief to Become CEO appeared first on Digital Music News.
- This weekend, Governor’s Ball wants you to dance, and they’re hosting the livestream to prove it.
The poetically titled event, The Sun Still Sets, will indeed go down this Sunday (May 24) with a lineup featuring Rüfüs du Sol, Bob Moses, Sofi Tukker and Snoop Dogg on the ones and twos via his DJ alter ego, DJ Snoopadelic.Presented by the Governors Ball, the “women first networking app” Bumble and the Montauk, NY hotel The Surf Lodge, the event will start at 6:30
- It’s incredible the way artists mine beauty from pain. Tragic sorrows turn to sweet melodies and therapeutic sing-alongs that somehow make all that hurt easier to endure. Every load is lighter when it can be shared, and a good song can be as comforting as a hug from a loved one — because that’s exactly what it is.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, but depression, anger, regret, sadness, heartache, loneliness and despair don’t disappear when June comes around. These ar
- Chicago native recently charted on RS' Breakthrough 25 chart due to the popularity of the ballad
- Sundara Karma have shared three previously unreleased songs from the recording of their 2019 album ‘Ulfilas’ Alphabet’ via Soundcloud.
In an email sent out to fans today (May 19), the band also explained that they would have been planning to release new music this month – but have been set back by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.Read more: Sundara Karma – ‘Ulfilas’ Alphabet’ reviewAccording to the statement, the unreleased material – ‘
- It’s about to be a very busy week at Fraggle Rock. The Apple TV+ reboot of the Jim Henson classic is planning to wind-down its current season with visits from a bunch of your favorite singers.
The latest mini-episode of Fraggle Rock: Rock On! series, features Jason Mraz in an episode entitled “Wembley and Gobo’s Mrazmerizing Adventure!,” which is now streaming for free exclusively on Apple TV+.
Next week’s (May 26) season finale will get even bigger with a
- Frontman Taylor Goldsmith covers Willie Nelson alongside acoustic renditions of "Crack the Case" and "All Your Favorite Bands"
- 'How Can I,' the follow-up to 2018's 'If U Want It,' is due out June 26th
- Released in 1980, The Police’s “Don’t Stand So Close To Me” told the sordid tale of a schoolgirl developing a crush on her teacher, that attraction leading to an affair and the discovery of that relationship leading to “strong words in the classroom.” The first track on the band’s Zenyatta Mondatta LP, the song peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in April of 1981.
Thirty years later, the song’s titular warning has taken on a very different me
- In the latest development in a long-running feud, Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters revealed that he has been barred from accessing his former band’s website and social media accounts. Waters informed the public of his inability to contribute to Pink Floyd’s digital presence in a recently uploaded video. At the six-minute-long clip’s start, Waters thanked […]The post Roger Waters Blocked from Accessing Pink Floyd’s Website, Facebook Page, and Other Accounts appear
- And all that could have been … Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor revealed on Tuesday (May 19), that the tour he had hinted at in December 2019 had actually been booked — and then the global coronavirus pandemic hit.
“I suppose I can let you know we HAD a tour booked this fall that continued and expanded Cold and Black and Infinite [tour],” Reznor captioned a black-and-white photo of the band performing. “We were excited. I’m bumming myself out right now.&rd
Five Burning Questions: Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber Debut at No. 1 on Hot 100 With ‘Stuck With U’This week, Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande put themselves in some pretty historic chart company with the debut of their new duet “Stuck With U” — a quarantine-ready ballad whose proceeds will be donated to the First Responders Children’s Foundation — at the top of this week’s Billboard Hot 100.
With the No. 1 debut, it marks the third time each that Bieber (“What Do You Mean?,” “I’m the One”) and Ariana Grande (“Thank U
- The Used have paid tribute to frontline workers with their new video for ‘The Lighthouse’, which compiles fan-submitted footage of those continuing to work during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.Read More: The Used tell us about their “colourful” new album ‘Heartwork’The Utah band, whose eighth album ‘Heartwork’ arrived last month, had previously requested that fans send in videos of themselves and their loved ones heading out to their frontline j
- Band will sell new merch crafted for run and donate profits to food banks in the cities it was supposed to play
- Phoebe Bridgers has shared a new track called ‘I See You’ and confirmed an upcoming series of live-streamed shows.Read More: Phoebe Bridgers talks collaborating with The 1975, aliens and her “unafraid” new albumThe Los Angeles artist detailed her upcoming second album ‘Punisher’ last month and released its lead single, ‘Kyoto’. This followed on from ‘Garden Song’, her first new material since 2017’s ‘Stranger In The Alps&rsq
- Indie star will perform from her home during COVID-19 pandemic
- Shaggy had fans dreaming of an island vacation with his dancehall Billboard Live At-Home concert Tuesday (May 19) that raised funds for Direct Relief.
“As soon as everybody could go outside, somebody’s going to go to the islands,” Shaggy predicted. “Somebody’s going to go ahead and get on the beach somewhere, have some rum, smoke something, chill out just to get that steam off.”
But before any jet setters make their way to his motherland of Jamaica, the 5
- While the rest of us have been baking bread, dancing like actually nobody is looking and cleaning the kitchen as if our lives depend on it, Camila Cabello has been in the lab. The singer revealed on Tuesday (May 19) that she’s spent the past couple weeks working on a “jam session” for her fans.
Working in collaboration with Mastercard, Camila said she’s getting ready to bring “u a mini concert series, inspired to invoke a sense of nostalgia for you guys & me.&rd
- A California man has pled guilty to producing child pornography using social media like TikTok. The 28-year-old man pleaded guilty to five counts of production of child pornography. He is also charged with one count of receipt of child pornography. His sentencing is set for October 9, 2020. The defendant’s admission says he used TikTok’s […]The post Is TikTok Safe for Kids? Another Child Pornographer Busted on the Platform appeared first on Digital Music News.
- A California man has pled guilty to producing child pornography using social media like TikTok. The 28-year-old man pleaded guilty to five counts of production of child pornography. He is also charged with one count of receipt of child pornography. His sentencing is set for October 9, 2020. The defendant’s admission says he used TikTok’s […]The post Is TikTok Really Safe for Kids? Another Child Pornographer Busted on the Platform appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Lele Pons is letting her more than 40 million social media followers see a side of her they’ve never seen before.
Through her newly released YouTube series The Secret Life of Lele Pons, the social media influencer and singer reveals her lifelong struggle with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and other mental health conditions.
“It’s very personal and it took a while for me to actually to be super open because at first I was embarrassed about it,” Pons tells Billboard.
- IDLES have released a new track, ‘Mr. Motivator’, featuring a workout-based music video shared on YouTube this evening.Read more: Mark, My Words: Charli XCX’s ‘How I’m Feeling Now’ is just stage one of pandemic albumsThe band first announced the lockdown-themed venture on Friday (May 15) with an Instagram post which saw Dev offering to be “your instructor” for “an exclusive work-out class” that’ll take place this evening.
- In a new “Music in the Air” analysis of the music industry’s outlook, Goldman Sachs indicated that global music revenue will drop 25 percent this year, owing to the fiscal and operational strain of the novel coronavirus crisis. As expected, 2020’s substantially lessened concert and live performance income played the biggest part in the predicted […]The post Goldman Sachs: Global Music Revenue Will Drop 25% In 2020 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Billie Eilish, fashion designer? On Monday (May 18), Uniqlo announced a new line of apparel by the pop star is on its way, designed in collaboration with Takashi Murakami.
The Billie Eilish by Takashi Murakami collection fuses the singer’s off-beat design aesthetic with the Japanese art legend’s subversive whimsy. T-shirts will come in a variety of styles, many emblazoned with Eilish’s name and image surrounded by Murakami’s trademark smiling flowers. Others repurpose the
- StaySolidRocky’s decision to play the long game has worked wonders for his young career.
Last year, the 19-year-old Virginia rapper didn’t have access to a studio. Rather than bury his creativity, he teased fans with snippets on Instagram, beginning with “Party Girl” in July 2019. After receiving rave reviews for his love-drunk track, Rocky recorded the song at a friend’s house, and shot the video that December.
“Party Girl” finds the emerging star fishi
- In a new series amid the coronavirus pandemic, Billboard is asking individuals from all sectors of the music business to share stories of how they work now, with much of the world quarantined at home and unable to take in-person meetings, attend conferences or even go into the office. Submissions for the series can be sent to [email protected] Read the full series here.
This installment is with Albert Rodríguez, the COO of SBS since 2012. Aside from digital and television broadc
- America is headed into the oddest Memorial Day in its history.
The National Memorial Day concert will be broadcast from indoors instead of in front of a crowd outside the U.S. Capitol Building. Seats at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will remain empty. And in many states, citizens are being encouraged to avoid barbecues or, at the very least, to exercise social distancing when they attend.
Despite the unusual nature of living through a pandemic-challenged era, Craig Morgan is moving forward wit
- If things seem grim now, locked down, shut out and cut off from all that we used to know, get a load of the video for the title track from Noah Cyrus’ The End of Everything EP. The beautiful disaster clip released on Tuesday (May 19) contemplates the rapid devolution of our planet and eventual end of it all in a three-minute nature film to end all nature films.
“The inspiration behind this song changed my life,” Cyrus says in a statement about the gentle acoustic country p
24 May 202023 May 202022 May 202021 May 202020 May 202018 May 202017 May 202016 May 202015 May 202014 May 2020
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!