Shaggy had fans dreaming of an island vacation with his dancehall Billboard Live At-Home concert Tuesday (May 19) that raised funds for Direct Relief.
“As soon as everybody could go outside, somebody’s going to go to the islands,” Shaggy predicted. “Somebody’s going to go ahead and get on the beach somewhere, have some rum, smoke something, chill out just to get that steam off.”
But before any jet setters make their way to his motherland of Jamaica, the 5
- Peter Hook will hold a Twitter listening party to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Joy Division’s ‘Closer’, he has announced.
Read more: Most important albums of NME’s lifetime – Joy Division, ‘Closer’
The band’s second and final studio album was released on July 18, 1980, just over a year after the release of their debut ‘Unknown Pleasures’.
In a post on Hook’s Peter Hook & The Light Facebook page, it was announced that the
- A video for Juice WRLD’s Marshmello collaboration ‘Come And Go’, in which he turns into a cartoon hero, has been released.
Read more: Juice WRLD, 1998-2019 – the NME obituary
The track features on the late rapper’s posthumous album ‘Legends Never Die’, which was released yesterday (July 10).
The Steve Cannon-directed clip begins with old footage of the rapper and his girlfriend Ally Lotti before the couple morph into animated characters. In their new car
- August Alsina is speaking out following Jada Pinkett Smith’s confirmation that she and the singer were romantically involved during her separation from Will Smith.
The 27-year-old “No Love” singer took social media on Friday (July 10) shortly after Pinkett Smith detailed their past relationship during her Facebook Watch show Red Table Talk.
“Imagine not knowing how to mind the business that pay you,” Alsina tweeted. “I catch all the subliminals. (Not just abou
- Kanye West has shared the first proposed roster for his planned streaming service, Yeezy Sound.
Read more: Inside the West Wing: What sort of President would Kanye West be?
The rapper has been talking about launching his own streaming platform since 2016 and trademarked its name in 2017.
In a new tweet captioned “YEEZY SOUND ROSTER PROPOSAL”, West shared a picture of a pad of paper with “Yeezy Sound” written at the top and a list of artists following beneath. They in
- Kanye West could be one step closer to launching his own music streaming service.
The 43-year-old rapper and fashion mogul, who recently announced his plans to run for president in 2020, took to Twitter on Friday night (July 10) to share the “roster proposal” for Yeezy Sound, a company he filed trademark papers for in 2017.
“YEEZY SOUND ROSTER PROPOSAL,” West captioned a handwritten note featuring a list of artists, including hip-hop duo Abstract Mindstate, G.O.O.D. Music
- The Scottish government has announced a £2.2 million cash injection to help the country’s small venues through the coronavirus pandemic.
Read more: Primal Scream’s Simone Marie Butler on the #LetTheMusicPlay campaign: “We need you all to come together”
It follows the UK government announcing an unprecedented £1.57 billion in grants to support the arts sector.
The country’s Economy Secretary Fiona Hyslop announced the news during the First Minister’
- 50 Cent has made it clear that he’s not happy with the way in which Pop Smoke‘s team have handled the rapper’s recently released posthumous album.
Read more: Pop Smoke – ‘Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon’ review: Brooklyn rapper’s posthumous debut matches rising star’s ambition
‘Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon’ was released last week (Friday, July 3) with some help from the G-Unit head honcho, who served as executive producer
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week:
Inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, the Puerto Rican rapper turns his feelings into song rapping about racism and police brutality. In his new song “Michael X,” Myke Towers raps about slavery and having dealt with discrim
- Kamasi Washington, Terrace Martin, Robert Glasper and 9th Wonder‘s newly formed supergroup Dinner Party have released their debut album – listen to it below.
Read more: How Glastonbury 2019 got jazzy thanks to Kamasi Washington, Sons Of Kemet, and more
The self-titled seven-track project arrived yesterday (July 11) and features Chicago singer Phoelix on a number of tracks.
Nearly two years in the making, Martin, who is best known for working with Kendrick Lamar, rented out
- Of Monsters And Men have shared a haunting cover of Post Malone‘s ‘Circles’ – listen to it below.
Read more: Of Monsters And Men tell us about their “playful and empowering” new album ‘Fever Dream’
Originally shared as an Amazon Music exclusive back in April, the Icelandic band’s haunting, slowed-down reworking of Posty’s 2019 track is now available to stream on all platforms.
“We recorded this version of Post Malone’s
- YG has said that he doubts he will work with Nicki Minaj again due to her connection with Tekashi 6ix9ine.Read more: The troubling rise of Tekashi 6ix9ine6ix9ine and YG have a long-running feud, with YG once using the rainbow-haired rapper’s mugshot as his stage background for live gigs, as well as dropping the track ‘Stop Snitchin’.
Minaj and 6ix9ine recently collaborated on single ‘Trollz’, which reached number one on the US Billboard chart, before landing the big
- Creeper have covered a Neil Young classic as the latest edition of their ‘Sounds From The Void’ acoustic cover series.
Read more: “There were times when I didn’t want to be alive any more”: punk heroes Creeper on their turbulent year and “aggressive reinvention”
The band have taken on ‘Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)’, which inspired the band’s track ‘Into The Black’, from their first EP.
“I’ve been a fan of Neil
- Bon Jovi have shared a new song called ‘American Reckoning’ that hears them reflect on the recent death of George Floyd.
Read more: How to support Black Lives Matter and anti-racist organisations if you can’t protest
Also discussing the protests that followed Floyd’s death and this moment in US history, Jon Bon Jovi said he was “moved to write ‘American Reckoning’ as a witness to history.”
“I believe the greatest gift of an artist is the abil
- Alice Cooper has shared his love for small independent venues, as they face crisis due to the coronavirus pandemic.Read more: Primal Scream’s Simone Marie Butler on the #LetTheMusicPlay campaign: “We need you all to come together”“We all started there,” Cooper told Loudwire in a new interview. “Everybody from The Beatles to the Rolling Stones to Guns N’ Roses to Alice Cooper to everybody – anybody that’s worth a salt in th
- The Lord of the Rings star already has a nine-year-old son Flynn from his marriage to Miranda Kerr.
- Bombay Bicycle Club have shared a cover of Bonnie Raitt‘s ‘Two Lives’ from their forthcoming new EP of the same name – listen to it below.
Read more: Bombay Bicycle Club: “We sold all our instruments. To all intents and purposes, we had broken up”
Set for release on July 24, the ‘Two Lives’ EP features three acoustic reworkings of songs from the band’s recently released album ‘Everything Else Has Gone Wrong’ – ‘Racing
- Nick Cave has shared his latest Red Hand Files essay, in which he praises Nina Simone and her live recording of ‘My Sweet Lord’.
Read more: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – ‘Ghosteen’ review: a beautiful account of harrowing grief
Answering a question about whether or not there is a protest song he greatly admires for the way it was written or arranged, Cave highlights Simone’s rendition of George Harrison‘s 1970 song, which was a part of her 1972 live LP,
- Mike Shinoda has shared a music video for his new single ‘Open Door’ – watch it below.
Read more: Mike Shinoda on writing an album on Twitch, 20 years of ‘Hybrid Theory’ and Chester Bennington’s voice
The new song is taken from the Linkin Park musician’s new solo project, ‘Dropped Frames Vol.1’, which is comprised of songs he made with the help of fans on his Twitch streaming channel.
Released yesterday (July 10), the follow-up to 2
- Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee plays drums on a new version of the recent Tyla Yaweh and Post Malone collaboration bearing his name.
Read more: Tyla Yaweh on his Post Malone collab and hanging out with Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong
‘Tommy Lee’ was released back on June 12. The title references the drummer and boasts the lyric: “Pull up with a drum like I’m Tommy Lee.”
Last month, Lee spoke about the track in an interview with SiriusXM: “I&rsq
- Katy Perry has doubts that Kanye West would make a good president, as he lacks experience in the political arena.
- After denying an affair with rapper August Alsina, Jada Pinkett Smith has done an about-face, admitting she had a fling while she and Will Smith were separated.
- Bon Jovi have penned a song in support of Black Lives Matter that references the death of George Floyd.
- The White House and members of U.S. Congress are likely to make a decision on a second stimulus check by July 31st, according to Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin. Earlier this month, we reported that President Donald Trump was pushing for a second stimulus check for Americans, in an amount greater than the original […]The post Second Stimulus Check Will Be Approved by July 31st, U.S. Treasury Secretary Says appeared first on Digital Music News.
- The White House and members of U.S. Congress are likely to make a decision on a second stimulus check by July 31st, according to Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin. Earlier this month, we reported that President Donald Trump was pushing for a second stimulus check for Americans, in an amount greater than the original […]The post Second Stimulus Check Will Be Approved by July 31st, Treasury Secretary Says appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Action Bronson is flaunting his new fitness routine.
The rapper took to Instagram on Friday (July 10) to reveal that he lost 80 pounds. “IM GETTIN ALL THE MONEY THATS OWED TO ME OVER ALL THESE YEARS,” he wrote alongside a video of his weights workout.“I DESERVE TO HAVE A HOT BOD,” he continued. “IM 283 DOWN 80 POUNDS FROM A WHOPPING 363 AND STILL GOING STRONG. GIVE YOURSELF THE FLOWERS. TERMINATOR IN THE MAKING.”
The F— That’s Delicious host s
- Rising artist and social media star Dixie D’Amelio might’ve sung about her bad days in her debut single “Be Happy,” but the behind-the-scenes clip of the music video shows how her family puts her in high spirits.
The 10-minute exclusive BTS clip, which D’Amelio premiered on YouTube Wednesday (July 8), features the entire D’Amelio clan clowning around on set. The TikTok star confessed to using a pore vacuum the night before the shoot that ended u
YouTube Can’t Be Forced to Share IP Addresses, Email Addresses of Copyright Infringers, EU Court RulesThe European Union’s Court of Justice has ruled that YouTube is required to provide rightsholders with the postal addresses of alleged copyright infringers, but is not legally obligated to disclose infringers’ IP addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers. The Court delivered the far-reaching ruling as part of a broader interpretation of 2004’s Intellectual Property Rights […]The post YouTube Can’t Be Forced to Share IP Addresses, Email Addresses of Copyright Inf
- First Country is a compilation of the best new country songs, videos and albums that dropped this week.
Jimmie Allen, Bettie JamesAllen returns with a seven-song EP —its moniker taken from his father and grandmother’s first names—filled with collaborations. The tunes range from the wistful (and should be single) “Drunk & I Miss You” featuring Mickey Guyton, the inspirational “Made For These” featuring Tim McGraw, and the historic coupling of three ge
- With a lineup featuring more than 950 artists, the livestream festival Rave Family Blockfest seemed too massive to be true, and as it’s turning out it just might be. At least for now.
Today (July 10), organizers of the event, which was set to take place July 9-12 inside the video game Minecraft announced that it will be postponing after a chaotic first two days.
The event went live yesterday, with attendees who paid between $10-$15 for entry finding major functionality issues. “Again
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!