- Apple said the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max performed particularly well, despite 5G's slow rollout.
- Wanna see just how much weight those cardboard beds can handle? Or what's for dinner at the 24/7 dining hall? You've come to the right place.
- via macrumors.comApple experienced "strong double digit growth" in the number of iPhone users who were upgrading an older device or swapping to an iPhone from an Android device, Apple CEO Tim Cook said during today's earnings call covering the third fiscal quarter of 2021.Cook said that it was the largest upgrade quarter for Q3 ever, and that the iPhone 12 upgrade cycle on the whole was "very strong." Sales of the iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max were "particularly strong."Going forward, Cook
- Apple just reported a monster earnings release for the third fiscal quarter of 2021, with $81.43 billion in revenue, up 36 percent year over year, and profit of $21.74 billion. Looking ahead to Q4 2021, however, Apple cautioned that supply constraints are likely to impact the iPhone and iPad in particular…more…
The post Apple warns supply constraints will impact iPhone and iPad this fall appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The Santa Fe 2926 rolled down the tracks under its own steam power after an ambitious 20-year volunteer-run restoration.
- The Santa Fe 2926 rolled down the tracks under its own steam power after an ambitious 20-year volunteer-run restoration.
- A chip shortage can’t stop Apple—the company on Tuesday revealed another monster earnings report for the third quarter of 2021. Apple brought in a record $81.4 billion in revenue for 36 percent year-over-year growth.The $17.5 billion brought in by Apple’s Services (which includes Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple News+, iCloud, and others) is a new all-time record, up from $16.9 billion in the previous quarter. iPhone revenue accounted for 49 percent of Apple’s total Q3 reve
- The prospect of a new iPhone around the corner didn't dampen enthusiasm for Apple's flagship handset.
- Peacock has some of the Olympics coverage, and most of what it streams is free -- but not everything. Here's the important things to know.
- Twitter is making it crystal clear -- rules are rules.
- MacDailyNews presents live notes from Apple’s Q321 Conference Call with analysts starting at 5pm EDT / 2pm PDT today, July 27, 2021…
The post MacDailyNews presents live notes from Apple’s Q321 conference call appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Apple (AAPL) has officially reported its earnings for fiscal Q3 2021, covering the months of April, May, and June. For the quarter, Apple reported $81.43 billion in revenue, up 36 percent year over year, and profit of $21.74 billion. It reported earnings-per-share of $1.30.This compares to the revenue of $59.7 billion and profit of $11.25 billion the company posted for the same quarter last year.more…
The post Apple (AAPL) reports record Q3 2021 earnings: $81.4 billion revenue, up 36% YO
- Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2021 third quarter ended June 26, 2021. The Company posted a June quarter record revenue…
The post Apple steamrolls Street, posts all-time record quarterly earnings appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- OldOS developer Zane Kleinberg is back with an all-new app, this time for the Mac. Zane has re-created Safari from Mac OS X Snow Leopard for Big Sur and Monterey. The new app looks identical to the original and is free to download from Zane’s Github page. If you really hate the new design in macOS Monterey, this is the app for you!more…
The post Developer re-creates Safari’s Snow Leopard design with new browser for macOS Big Sur appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The search giant has been in Washington's crosshairs for allegedly anticompetitive behavior.
- The British brand's SUV is now available with 22-inch carbon-fiber wheels.
- The 22-inch rollers were developed by Bentley's Mulliner division.
- Some of the Call of Duty publisher's workers have reportedly penned a letter decrying the company's "abhorrent and insulting" response to harassment allegations.
- New science has revealed an increased danger from the delta variant, says the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The recommendation comes after "new science" reveals increased danger of the delta variant.
- The Amazon Alexa app for iOS just received a highly anticipated feature with its latest update. Starting now, you can add the “Ask Alexa” widget in your home screen to talk to the personal assistant with only one click.more…
The post Amazon Alexa app adds ‘Ask Alexa’ widget for your iPhone home screen appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Throughout 2021 so far, Anker has expanded its stable of MagSafe-compatible chargers for iPhone 12 devices with quite a few different models. While most of them have been pretty squarely aimed at providing more budget-friendly alternatives to Apple’s official model, its latest looks to deliver an all-new form factor. Arriving as the very first in-car offering from the brand, the new Anker PowerWave Magnetic Car Charging Mount arrives with MagSafe support in tow. Head below for all of the
- Update 07/27/21: iOS 15 Beta 4 has been released to developers with several new tweaks. The public beta usually follows with in a day or so.Every year, Apple releases major updates for its iPhone and iPad operating systems in the fall. For months before that, it releases beta test versions for developers and the public. They’re often incomplete and buggy, but it can be exciting to try out everything before it gets pushed out to a billion devices in the fall. We highly recommend you do&nbs
- Japanese blog MacOtakara published a roundup of features that could be coming to the iPad Air 5, iPad mini 6, and even the base-model iPad 9th generation.According to a Chinese supplier, the next iPad Air is likely to be based on the third-generation 11-inch iPad Pro, which means that more than the 10.9-inch display, this iPad could feature a dual-lens camera system with a wide-angle camera and an ultra-wide-angle camera.more…
The post Rumor: Chinese supplier details iPad Air 5, iPad min
- Kombucha is a booming health drink that sells in the $480 million range per year -- but is it good for you?
- Apple’s newest Safari design in iOS 15 has been controversial, to say the least. It’s a complete overhaul of one of the iPhone’s most popular apps that follows entirely different design philosophies. Countless folks, including myself, have tried to come up with ways to “fix” the new design and make it more familiar and comfortable to use. This is my latest try. What I wanted to do was to follow the same principles and aim for the same goal. A mobile browser that&rs
- Apple has set a pair of Apple Watch Activity Challenges for next month in China and Russia. On August 14 in Russia, Apple Watch users can celebrate Physical Culture Day with their Apple Watch, while users in China can celebrate National Fitness Day on August 8. more…
The post Apple Watch Activity Challenges scheduled for next month in Russia and China appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Update 7/27: The National Association of Broadcasters has removed Apple from the list of attendees and Apple has confirmed that its inclusion was in error. Apple will not be attending the show. The original article appears below.As if Apple’s fall won’t be crowded enough, the company will apparently attend the video-focused NAB Show for the first time in a decade. While the presence at the broadcasting show hasn’t been officially announced, AppleScoop spotted Apple’s inc
- If you're looking for an environmentally friendly "green" iPhone case, here's a selection of options, some of which are made out of recycled plastic, while others are compostable.
- Universal reportedly is spending $400 million-plus to bring back the scary classic.
- Season two of the Appel TV+ hit comedy "Ted Lasso" debuted as one of the most in-demand TV shows in the U.S. and globally over the weekend…
The post Apple TV+ hit ‘Ted Lasso’ Season 2 is one of the most in-demand TV shows in the world appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Apple today has released iOS 15 beta 4 and iPadOS 15 beta 4 to developers. The updates continue to make changes to the controversial Safari redesign, a new widget option for Podcasts on the iPadOS home screen, and more. Head below as we roundup all of the changes in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 beta 4. more…
The post What’s new in iOS 15 beta 4? Safari changes, Focus tweaks, and more appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The new Safari design has faced a lot of criticism since it was introduced during the WWDC21 keynote. Now, beta 4 of iPadOS 15 shows that the iPad is following the same path as macOS Monterey did with beta 3.more…
The post iPadOS 15 beta 4 overhauls Safari with Monterey-style design, new option in Settings appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Subaru's turbocharged sedan will premiere at the New York Auto Show.
- Lenovo laptops and two-in-one convertibles with the latest AMD and Intel silicon are on sale right now.
- One of the sharp new features with macOS Monterey and iOS 15 is the ability for the Photos app to automatically recognize and let you interact with text in images. However, that was originally going to be limited to M1 Macs. Now with the fourth beta, macOS Monterey enables Live Text for Intel Macs.more…
The post Apple brings Live Text to Intel Macs with macOS Monterey beta 4 appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Apple today sent out an email to developers letting them know that a handful of Siri intents are no longer supported. If customers invoke these commands via Siri for a supporting app in iOS 15 or later, Siri will simply reply that the request cannot be handled.
Affected Siri domains include ride booking, configuration of vehicles via Siri over CarPlay, and third-party Photo Search. Many of these SiriKit intents were introduced when third-party Siri support was first added to the system back in
- A mysterious livestreamed event Tuesday is expected to unveil a new marketing campaign for the company's discounted bundle of subscriptions to Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus.
- While some Apple products are repaired directly in Apple Stores, Apple contracts many of its Mac repairs to third-party providers, including CSAT Solutions based in Houston, Texas. A new report today from Insider today sheds light on what workers describe as a “sweatshop”-like conditions inside the Houston facility, with 13-hour days, broken air conditioning, and unrealistic expectations. more…
The post Report details ‘sweatshop’ working conditions inside the faci
- The photos in question show a rear camera bump, two color choices, and lack the fingerprint reader of the first.
- The famous (or infamous, depending who you ask) scientist and E.T. believer Avi Loeb is out to capture some UAP sightings of his own.
- Xbox Series X and Series S owners can fly by their homes in the ultrarealistic sim.
- Commentary: Paired with a GamePass subscription, it's the easiest way to jump into next-gen gaming.
- "I just felt like it would be a little bit better to take a backseat, work on my mindfulness."
- The production company behind "The Morning Show," Always Smiling Productions has $125 million in cast coverage, plus more…
The post Apple TV+ ‘The Morning Show’ Season 2 COVID-19 delay triggers $44 million lawsuit appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Google is developing a new iOS app called “Switch to Android,” which should be able to copy the most important data from your iPhone and bring over your apps.more…
The post Google developing ‘Switch to Android’ app for iOS to copy data and apps from your iPhone appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Apple is releasing watchOS 8 beta 4 to all developers. After one month and a half since it was first previewed during the WWDC21 keynote, Apple is now seeding another build for the upcoming Apple Watch operating system.more…
The post Apple seeds watchOS 8 beta 4 to developers appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- With "mystery bags," you never know which of the 12 limited-edition toys you're going to get.
- The iOS 15 beta fun continues today. Apple is releasing the iOS 15 beta 4 and iPadOS 15 beta 4 to developers. This comes two weeks after the release of beta 3, which brought notable changes to the controversial Safari redesign and more. more…
The post Apple releases iOS 15 beta 4 and iPadOS 15 beta 4 to developers appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- A week after seeding beta 3, Apple has released macOS Monterey beta 4 to developers today. Last time around we saw a major change to Safari’s default design moving away from the unified search/tab bar. With beta 4, Apple says the exciting Universal Control feature has been enabled and Live Text comes to Intel Macs.
Update 11:30 am PT: Apple has now pulled the mention of Universal Control being live in beta 4.more…
The post Apple releases macOS Monterey beta 4 to developers with Liv
01 Aug 202131 Jul 202130 Jul 202129 Jul 202128 Jul 202126 Jul 202125 Jul 202124 Jul 202123 Jul 202122 Jul 2021
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!