Apple’s mobile web browser is the main lightning rod of this year’s iOS 15 beta period and it remains to be seen whether it will actually launch in the fall. Chrome for Android tried a similar Safari on iOS 15 redesign years ago, and a designer on that project provided some interesting insight into why Google abandoned it.more…
The post Ex-Googler explains why Chrome abandoned a redesign similar to iOS 15 Safari years ago appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- In this week’s top stories: Apple releases iOS 14.7, Apple’s plans for a new iPad mini and external display, the Pegasus spyware affecting the iPhone, and more. Read on for all of this week’s top stories and more.more…
The post This week’s top stories: iOS 14.7 release, iPad mini and Apple external display reports, more appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- In his Power On newsletter this Sunday, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman believes Apple will bring Face ID to the Mac within a ‘couple of years.” Gurman notes that even the iPhone SE and non-Pro iPads could receive Face ID. The only reason Apple isn’t doing so right now is to cut costs while still offering security.more…
The post Gurman: Face ID coming to Macs, all iPhones and iPads within a ‘couple of years’ appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Last week, it was reported that Apple would be delaying its return to mandatory in-person work by at least one month due to rising COVID-19 cases. As expected, this is also likely to have an impact on Apple’s plans for the iPhone 13 unveiling this fall, and Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman now reports that the iPhone 13 event is likely to be virtual rather than in-person…more…
The post Gurman: iPhone 13 event likely to be virtual as Apple delays return to in-person work appeare
- I am always on the hunt for new macOS utilities that do one or two things that make my Apple experience even better. I recently found a new app that has been a fun way to see what’s playing in Apple Music or Spotify. It’s called Sleeve, and it’s a great app that does one thing well.more…
The post ‘Sleeve’ brings an Apple Music or Spotify now playing widget to your Mac’s desktop appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Rogers is another app that now supports Apple Business Chat, Apple’s service launched in 2018 that is slowly getting more business adopters.more…
The post Rogers now supports Apple Business Chat with iMessage appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- A few weeks ago, I wrote an article where I called MagSafe the defining feature of the iPhone 12 line. Little did I know that Apple was about to release its own official MagSafe battery pack. So, of course, I bought it immediately because I wanted to see how it compared in day-to-day use with the Anker Magnetic Battery Pack. Let’s dive into my comparison of the Apple MagSafe Battery vs. Anker Magnetic Battery Pack.more…
The post Hands-on: How Apple’s new iPhone 12 MagSafe Bat
- Driver-assist technologies have turned windshields into way more than a piece of glass.
- In an interview with the Guardian, the WhatsApp CEO talks about NSO malware and says Apple should “be loud, join in” rather than saying this won’t affect many of its users.more…
The post WhatsApp CEO calls out Apple regarding NSO malware appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Get the down low on self-driving cars so you can understand where they are today, and where they may be headed tomorrow.
- via macworld.comWhen Apple rolled out previews of the next versions of macOS, iOS, and iPadOS back in June, the most controversial aspect was the dramatic redesign the company gave to the Safari web browser. The new design sidelined much of the app’s user interface, choosing instead to prioritize web pages. And criticism has been fierce.The good news is, based on the most recent preview releases of macOS, Apple is treating that Safari design more like a first draft than a final edition. Apple may not be
- Now there's a masculine-sounding option and you can call your device Ziggy. Plus, you can mix and match.
- Take these steps to protect your pets if you live in an area prone to wildfires.
- If size and weight in a work laptop matter most to you, the X1 Titanium Yoga is great, if not entirely perfect.
- These excellent wireless earbuds go head to head on sound quality, noise canceling and battery life.
- The Fan Edition, redux?
- Commentary: iMessage and FaceTime are nice, but are they really a necessity?
- The iPhone 13 could be coming in September, but does it make sense to wait for Apple's newest iPhone or buy last year's iPhone 12? Here's how to tell what's the best decision for you.
- Everything we've heard so far about the Apple Watch series 7's possible release date, price, colors and new health features.
- via macworld.comWith the Terminal in macOS, you can save lots of time and type less by using the command history functions built into the Terminal shell. The shell keeps a record of the commands you run, and you can access this history with a few simple keystrokes to run commands again or edit them so you don’t have to retype them.You can check to see what commands are in your history at any time by running the history command. When you type history and press Return, Termina
- This wild-looking machine is built for dominating the desert and doing it efficiently.
- Even caped (and uncaped) crusaders get the blues.
- With a drag coefficient of just 0.20 in the right spec, the electric EQS is all about efficiency.
30 Jul 202129 Jul 202128 Jul 202127 Jul 202126 Jul 202124 Jul 202123 Jul 202122 Jul 202121 Jul 202120 Jul 2021
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!