- This is the well-known high-end audio company's first crack at designing a car stereo.
- Oliver Daemen told Reuters about his confession to the e-commerce giant's ex-CEO.
- Apple has made so many improvements to the Maps app in iOS 15 that it's almost an entirely different experience. There are better driving directions, improved transit directions, and more immersive AR-based walking directions.
The Maps design has once again been updated, and you can see everything at an incredible level of detail that wasn't available before, especially in cities and in places where there was no detail before. This guide walks through all of the changes that have been introduced
- Analysts are mostly counting on Apple to deliver yet another quarter of double-digit earnings growth when the Cupertino Colossus reports…
The post Apple stock expectations are once again high after recent boffo quarters appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- One of the new security features arriving with iOS 15 brings a new level of privacy to web browsing beyond what VPNs offer. But while the feature boasts total encryption, there is a potential downside with keeping it enabled. Here’s how to turn on/off iCloud Private Relay on iPhone and iPad in iOS 15.more…
The post iPhone: How to enable and disable iCloud Private Relay in iOS 15 appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- New research suggests that even before the discovery of Venice in the fifth century, extensive Roman settlements could've been present in the Venice lagoon.
- Apple’s MagSafe wallet entered last year as one of the more exciting iPhone 12 accessories, but was of course paired with a premium price tag to match. The folks at CASETiFY are now looking to deliver much of the same form factor but with a faux leather build that doesn’t skimp out on the quality. Now we’re taking a hands-on look at the new accessory to see if the trade-offs are worth the more affordable price tag. Head below for all of the details on the CASETiFY MagSafe Wall
- This week on 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour Zac and Benjamin discuss the practicalities and inconveniences of of the MagSafe Battery Pack, the fears surrounding the Pegasus zero-click malware affecting iPhones around the world, and some new possible new services initiatives include TV+ live sports and Apple Pay Later financing.
Sponsored by She’s Birdie: Right now, She’s Birdie is offering our listeners 15% off your first purchase when you tgo to ShesBirdie.com/HAPPYHOUR.
Sponsored by B
- Apple is testing a new display with a dedicated A13 chip and also Neural Engine which is is likely to be the successor to Pro Display XDR …
The post Apple reportedly working on successor to Pro Display XDR appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- The 40th and last example of the $6 million hypercar is currently being delivered to its owner.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook met with Pedro Sánchez, the prime minister of Spain, at Apple Park in Cupertino this week. The two discussed the “digital transformation” among other topics during the meeting, according to Sánchez. more…
The post Tim Cook meets with prime minister of Spain at Apple Park appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Facebook's AR glasses are still not a reality yet, but the Oculus Quest 2 could be the stepping-stone
- But this year the shirtless, glossy Tongan taekwondo athlete has competition from Vanuatu. Plus: What's with the team entrance order?
- A small minority of US drivers account for a disproportionately large percentage of the billions of gallons of gasoline consumed each year.
- Through Our Eyes is out now.
- Apple's iOS 15 website lists "improved recognition for individuals" as one of the new Photos features, and in a machine learning blog post shared this week, Apple gave more information on what exactly that means.
Apple says that on-device machine learning improvements have led to significantly better person recognition. The iOS 15 Photos app is able to detect people in extreme poses, people wearing accessories, and people with occluded faces.To do this, Apple uses a combination of fa
- Catch Freaky, starring Vince Vaughn, this week.
- Try South Korean thriller Pieta.
- The pedestrian bridge took four years of research and 4.9 tons of stainless steel to construct.
Review: Hyper's $40 Magnetic Wireless Battery Pack Is a Worthy Competitor to Apple's MagSafe Battery PackBack in March, Hyper released its HyperJuice Magnetic Wireless Battery Pack for the iPhone 12 lineup, promising customers an easy way to wirelessly charge their devices on the go. At the time, there were relatively few options for portable MagSafe-compatible battery packs on the market. Now, though, thanks to Apple's recent release of its own MagSafe Battery Pack, there is a little more competition, and Hyper's battery pack stacks up as a worthy competitor.Design
One of the most eye-catching asp
- Olympic Dreams featuring Jonas Brothers: Special is out now.
- Here are the highlights for this week.
- It’s been over two years since the iPad mini had its last update, so the rumors of a new version are heating up. This article keeps track of the most credible reports of the upcoming iPad mini, so stay tuned to this page for the latest and greatest. 2021 iPad mini: The latest rumorsJuly 22: A DigiTimes report (via Macrumors) claims that Apple is ramping up mini-LED display production for use in the iPad mini this year but Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, tweeted t
- You can save $50 by buying new at Amazon and find even bigger savings on refurbished models from Apple.
- Here are this week's highlights.
- Watch Masters of the Universe: Revelation is out now.
- The Last Letter from Your Lover is out now.
- Get your first month of Visible for only $5 when you bring an eSIM device. Plus get a year of Calm when you bring your phone number and purchase an eligible device.
- Verizon today is discounting the Apple Pencil 2 to $103.99, down from $129.00. Although the Verizon website displays the accessory at a price of $109.99, once you head to checkout you'll see the $103.99 sale price applied automatically in your cart.Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Verizon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.This sale is offering a second-best price for the Apple Pencil 2, and it's a match of
- Charger Lab has taken Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack apart to take a gander at what's inside. The teardown offers details on how the new…
The post Teardown reveals innards of Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- According to a report from 9to5Mac, citing “sources familiar with the matter,” Apple is internally testing a new display that will have an Apple SoC inside. The report says Apple is currently using the A13, the same processor as you’ll find in the iPhone 11. Though Apple has long been rumored to be working on a new lower-cost monitor, this particular project (codenamed J327) is said to be a high-end successor to the Pro Display XDR.Stuffing an A13 inside would give the monitor
- VW's sleek-but-sleepy crossover gets a welcome hot-hatch personality injection. Now, will they build it?
- In May, it was revealed that Apple had hired Stella Low, a former Cisco executive, to serve as its new vice president of corporate communications. Apple today has updated its Apple Leadership website to make the move official, giving Low the title of “vice president of communications” and noting that she reports to Apple CEO Tim Cook. more…
The post Apple updates Leadership website to officially add Stella Low as its new VP of communications appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Electronic Finishing Solutions to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a set of AirPods that are customized with the MacRumors logo.
Electronic Finishing Solutions is a company that customizes AirPods, speakers, earbuds, headphones, and other devices with custom logos.Customized AirPods can be ordered in quantities ranging from a single set to more than 100, and can be customized with any logo. Pricing starts at $249.99, which is $100
- Apple's Pro Display XDR lacks an internal processor. The tech giant may be set to change that with its next display.
- Apple Music got a big update this year, and it’s free to all subscribers, including Android users. The entire catalog of over 75 million tracks will be available in a lossless audio format using ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Compression), starting with some 20 million tracks and expanding to the entire catalog by the end of 2021. Eventually, all tracks will be available in a hi-res lossless format at a maximum of 24bit and 192kHz. In addition, some tracks will gain Dolby Atmos support, which
- A YouTube user decided to send three Apple AirTags to different places and try to track them through their travels.Apple CEO Tim Cook …
The post Man sends AirTag to Tim Cook and Apple returns it along with letter (video) appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- When a dirty blanket enveloped the Martian disc, spring came early in the south.
- This Tesla feature isn't quite what the name suggests, nor is it quite at the price the company promised.
- Apple on Friday completed the rollout of lossless and spatial audio in Apple Music with the launch of the higher-quality audio formats on Android. However, if you don’t have a newer flagship phone, you might not be able to get the full listening experience.In the update notes, Apple says users can “experience spatial audio and enter a new dimension in sound on compatible devices.” In a support document, Apple adds that you’ll “need an Android device that supports D
- It's not clear what may be prompting the delay, but social media shows some customers waiting longer for their luxury EVs.
- We went hands-on with the cozy Sims 4 expansion pack will make you fall in love with the game all over again.
- Apple is developing an external display that includes an A13 chip with Neural Engine, according to a new rumor from 9to5Mac. The A13 chip with Neural Engine would presumably serve as an eGPU, though details are light at this time.
Having a CPU/GPU built into the external display could help Macs deliver high-resolution graphics without using all the resources of the computer's internal chip. Apple could also combine the power of the display SoC with the Mac's SoC to provide even more performance
- Apple Arcade has a huge catalog of games to play and more arrive almost every week. Here's what you can look forward to.
- Apple’s Pro Display XDR has been available for quite some time now, but there are still no rumors about an updated version of its high-priced display in the near term. However, 9to5Mac has now learned from sources familiar with the matter that Apple is internally testing a new external display with a dedicated A13 chip and also Neural Engine.more…
The post Exclusive: Apple testing new external display with a dedicated A13 chip and Neural Engine appeared first on 9to5Mac.
Following App Store dispute, Facebook brings its cloud gaming service to iPhone and iPad via web appAfter a lot of back and forth and Apple rejecting Facebook’s standalone iOS app version of its gaming service, the social media platform has followed in the footsteps of Microsoft and launched a web app of its young gaming platform for iPhone and iPad.more…
The post Following App Store dispute, Facebook brings its cloud gaming service to iPhone and iPad via web app appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Check out the high-tech action game today.
- Gaming subscription services are all the rage now, but Apple Arcade isn’t quite like Google Stadia or Xbox Live. So if you’ve got questions about it, we’ve got plenty of answers.Updated 07/23/21: Jetpack Joyride+ has been released for iPhone and iPad. The game is a revival of the classic endless-runner style game first released 10 years ago.
What is Apple Arcade?Apple Arcade is a gaming subscription service for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and AppleTV that features more than 150 games.
- The electric sedan and SUV now cost $1,000 more as Tesla keeps the price increases coming.
- Popular iOS / iPadOS game Jetpack Joyride+ on Friday arrived on Apple Arcade. Bullet-powered jetpacks! It's time to join Barry Steakfries…
The post Jetpack Joyride+ hits Apple Arcade appeared first on MacDailyNews.
28 Jul 202127 Jul 202126 Jul 202125 Jul 202124 Jul 202122 Jul 202121 Jul 202120 Jul 202119 Jul 202118 Jul 2021
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!