Twitter announced earlier this year a new “Super Follow” platform that will allow creators to offer exclusive content on Twitter only to those who pay a monthly subscription. Once this becomes available, users will be able to view only Super Follow tweets through a new dedicated tab.more…
The post Twitter to implement new tab dedicated to ‘Super Follow’ tweets appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- "Ted Lasso" is Apple's most popular television show, and the season two premiere brought in a record number of viewers, Apple said today (via Deadline).
Friday, July 23, the "Ted Lasso" launch day, marked the biggest Apple TV+ premiere day to date, and "Ted Lasso" also saw the largest opening weekend ever.During the premiere weekend, Apple TV+ saw a 50 percent growth in new viewers week over week, and "Ted Lasso" also boosted watch time of "Schmigadoon," "Physical," and "Mythic Quest
- Apple today released unexpected iOS 14.7.1, iPadOS 14.7.1, and macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 updates to fix an issue that may have been actively…
The post iOS 14.7.1, iPadOS 14.7.1, and macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 fix issue that may have been actively exploited appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Even with the global silicon shortage, Tesla isn't letting things slow it down.
- As usual, Apple is not releasing hard numbers on how well Apple TV+ is doing. However, the company told Deadline that the premiere of Ted Lasso season two yielded new highs for viewership.
Apple TV+ set records for viewership on a single day and viewership across the weekend. The company says 6x more people watched on season two premiere weekend than when the first season launched last year.more…
The post Ted Lasso season two premiere sets new viewership record for Apple TV+ appeared fir
- Along with security updates, the newest iOS release fixes a bug preventing Touch ID users from unlocking their Apple Watches.
- Didn't have time to tune in to the virtual panels? Catch up on the hot trailers for upcoming shows and movies.
- Peacock's streaming app has TV shows, movies and some of the Olympics too. Most of Peacock's Olympics programming is free, but you can't stream all of the Games there. Here's what to know.
- New CEO Pat Gelsinger is 'putting the tech people back in the driver's seat.'
- Apple is set to report its Q321 earnings after the closing bell on Tuesday, and analysts predict record quarterly revenue and continued…
The post What Wall Street expects from Apple’s Q321 earnings on Tuesday appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- The app's goal is to encourage ordinary citizens to start filming during emergencies, according to the report.
- For the first time in history, the average used car's price crossed the $25,000 mark -- that's wild.
- The Tokyo Olympics officially kicked off on Friday, July 23, with broadcasts happening on NBC, CNBC, Peacock, and the USA network. Read along for how to watch the Olympics on iPhone, Apple TV, Mac, and the web.more…
The post Here’s how to watch the Olympics on iPhone, Apple TV, Mac, web appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The competition kicks off with teens dominating the medal stand.
- Apple's all-new"iPad mini 6" will feature an 8.3-inch display, up from the current 7.9-inch display, according to Display Supply Chain…
The post Apple’s all-new ‘iPad mini 6’ to feature larger 8.3-inch display appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- If Apple uses titanium alloy, we could see a more durable iPhone.
- The sixth-generation iPad mini that's in the works will have an 8.3-inch display, according to display analyst Ross Young. That will be larger than the current 7.9-inch display, with the larger size due to the removal of the Home button and a narrower bezel design.
Rumors about the iPad mini 6 have been picking up in recent weeks ahead of its prospective launch this fall.Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo previously said that the new iPad mini could measure in at 8.5 to 9 inches,
- The Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University will trial the pavement that charges EVs as they drive, in phases starting this summer.
- Here are this week's highlights.
- Following a new landing page on its website earlier this spring called “Why Mac,” Apple has launched a similar webpage making the case for why Macs are the best choice for businesses. From lower costs in the long run, the new M1 chip, long battery life, security, IT flexibility, and a reported 336% ROI, here’s Apple’s pitch for businesses of all sizes.more…
The post These are the 11 reasons businesses should choose Macs, according to Apple appeared first on 9to5Ma
- The studies aim to spot rare side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine in younger recipients.
- The Pursuit of Love arrives this week.
- A new iPad mini 6 coming as soon as later this year is set to have a handful of major changes, including an all-new design, a new chip inside, and more. Now, Ross Young at Display Supply Chain Consultants reports that the new iPad mini will feature an 8.3-inch display, up from the current 7.9-inch display. more…
The post Report: Redesigned iPad mini 6 to feature larger 8.3-inch display appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Here are the highlights for this week.
- Get a low-impact, full-body workout with these top home rowing machines.
- Apple today released macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 which provides important security updates and is recommended for all users…
The post Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 appeared first on MacDailyNews.
iOS 14.7.1 and macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 Patch Security Vulnerability That May Have Been Actively ExploitedApple today released unexpected iOS 14.7.1 and iPadOS 14.7.1 updates to the public, and according to a newly released support document, the software addresses a serious security vulnerability that may have been exploited in the wild.
Apple says that an application may have been able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges due to a memory corruption issue. "Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited," reads the document.The vulnerability has been addresse
- Supply chain sources tell CNBeta that Apple has ordered 100 million more A15 chips from TSMC for the next iPhone's big debut.
- Kanye West packed the Mercedes-Benz Stadium for his 'DONDA' listening party and smashed Apple Music's global livestream record …
The post Kanye West’s ‘DONDA’ listening party breaks Apple Music’s livestream record appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Nvidia's GeForce RTX 30-series graphics cards are impossible to find on their own, but you can get a preassembled desktop with one of the new GPUs.
- via macworld.comApple on Wednesday released macOS Big Sur 11.5, an update to the Mac operating system. The update includes a new Podcast Library tab in the Podcast app that displays the shows that you follow, fixes for play counts in the Music app, bug fixes, and more.Updated 07/26/21: Apple has released macOS 11.5.1 that includes a security fix. The details on the fix are available in a support document.Here are the release notes for macOS Big Sur 11.5:macOS Big Sur 11.5 includes the following improvemen
- Apple today updated its Apple at Work website with a new section dedicated to the Mac, which offers up 11 reasons why "Mac means business."
On the webpage, Apple highlights the M1 chip as the number one reason why business users should choose a Mac, offering up an M1 overview [PDF] that explains the benefits of the M1 chip. The information isn't new, but it does provide a look at all of Apple's M1 marketing materials.The M1, Apple explains, offers
- via macworld.comJust days after the release of the final beta of iOS 14.6, and before it is released to the general public, Apple began beta testing iOS 14.7. A point-seven release ties iOS 14 with iOS 13 for the most point releases of any iOS version ever. Even that is a bit of a technicality, as iOS 13.7 was released in September of 2020, many months after iOS 13.6, just to get the new COVID-19 contact tracing technology out to as many people as possible.That said, we’ve seen iOS releases in July befor
- Apple is working on adding its Face ID facial recognition technology to all of its larger products, including Macs, the diminutive iPhone SE…
The post Apple said to bring Face ID from iPhone to Mac and more appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Apple Music last week teamed up with Kanye West for a global livestream of the premiere of West's latest album, "Donda."
The exclusive livestream saw 3.3 million viewers tune in, which TMZ says is a new Apple Music record. This is apparently a record that "no artist has ever come near."Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Ye's album event this past week at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta broke the Apple Music Global Livestream record ... with 3.3 million viewers who tuned in o
- Apple Music and Kanye West teamed up last week to offer an exclusive livestream of the listening event for West’s upcoming album Donda. The event was streamed exclusively on Apple Music from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, and it is said to have broken the record for an Apple Music livestream.more…
The post Kanye West breaks Apple Music streaming record with ‘Donda’ listening party livestream appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The antitrust regulator has Silicon Valley in her sights.
- Just when things started to look rather dark for the electric pickup truck startup, a new hedge fund raised its hand.
- Apple today released macOS Big Sur 11.5.1, a minor bug fix update that comes close to one week after the launch of macOS Big Sur 11.5.
The new macOS Big Sur 11.5 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Preferences.According to Apple, macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 brings important security updates and is recommended for all users.Related Roundup: macOS Big Su
- Shortly after launching macOS 11.5 last week with Podcasts app improvements and a lot of security fixes, Apple has made macOS 11.5.1 available today with additional “important security updates.”more…
The post Apple releases macOS 11.5.1 with ‘important security updates’ appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Apple is releasing iOS 14.7.1 to the public today, exactly one week after the release of iOS 14.7. This comes after some users found that their iPhone did not automatically unlock their Apple Watch after updating to iOS 14.7.1 last week, which today’s update fixes. Apple is also releasing iPadOS 14.7.1 today. more…
The post Apple releases iOS 14.7.1 with fix for Apple Watch unlock bug, more appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Apple might be using Intel's next-gen Xeon W-3300 Ice Lake workstation CPUs to power a Mac Pro version said to be coming this year…
The post Apple reportedly prepping Mac Pro version with Intel Ice Lake Xeon W-3300 CPUs appeared first on MacDailyNews.
- Apple has shared a new short video demonstrating several easy ways to get creative with iPhone 12 to achieve cinematic shots. The latest Shot on iPhone campaign video highlights the use of the ultra-wide lens, slo-mo, and objects you probably have around your house to replicate cinematic shots that usually require more hardware.more…
The post Apple highlights iPhone 12 film techniques to get forced perspective, DIY crane shot, more [Video] appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Tesla's German Gigafactory is already behind schedule as groups continue to petition the carmaker to preserve wildlife and natural resources.
- Apple’s not quite done with Intel just yet. According to leaker Yukki_AnS, the next Mac Pro will feature Intel Ice Lake Xeon W-3300 workstation CPUs. This is not the first time we’ve heard that Apple will still launch another Mac with an Intel chip…more…
The post Leaker corroborates Intel Ice Lake Xeon W-3300 CPUs on next-gen Mac Pro appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Apple today released iOS and iPadOS 14.7.1, minor bug fix updates that come just a week after the release of iOS 14.7, software that introduced new Apple Card features and support for the MagSafe Battery Pack.
The iOS and iPadOS 14.7.1 updates can be downloaded for free and the software is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the new software, go to Settings > General > Software Update.iOS 14.7.1 fixes a bug that could prevent Touch ID iPhones from
- Ingenuity's 10th flight was its highest yet as it scouted a spot called Raised Ridges.
- A new Mac Pro that's coming in 2022 is set to use Intel's Ice Lake Xeon W-3300 workstation chips, according to an Intel leaker that WCCFtech says has offered reliable information on Intel Xeon chips in the past.
Intel's W-3300 Ice Lake CPUs are set to launch in the near future, and there have already been signs of new Ice Lake SP processors in the Xcode 13 beta. Intel has said that these chips offer "advanced performance, security, efficiency, and built-in AI acceleration to handle IoT workloads
- Apple is highlighting the artistic side of pet photography in a new Shot on iPhone campaign and free virtual Today at Apple session. Developed in collaboration with photographer Jason Nocito, the campaign features Portrait Lighting on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max.more…
The post Pet portraits light up latest Shot on iPhone campaign and Today at Apple session appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The Disney Plus show's production kicked off in April, and we know about several actors who'll be taking trips to a galaxy far, far away.
31 Jul 202130 Jul 202129 Jul 202128 Jul 202127 Jul 202125 Jul 202124 Jul 202123 Jul 202122 Jul 202121 Jul 2021
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!