- Neelam Zarghune, then 19, was recorded by body cameras worn by bailiffs as they arrived at her flat in West London in 2017. Her lawyers claim that the footage was used without her consent.
- My mum, younger brother and I were getting ready to board a boat from North Africa to Italy when we became separated.I was only 13 years old at the time, but I was told I was old enough to go with the men. In the midst of the chaos and crowds of people, I was put on a boat while my mum and brother stayed behind with the other women and children.I was told that they would make the journey later and meet me in Italy. I desperately wanted to stay with them, but I had no choice.As I stepped onto the
- Both deaths and cases continue to drop nearly two months into the second national lockdown (Picture: Getty Images)The number of coronavirus related deaths in England and Wales has fallen by nearly 30% in just one week.
According to the Office for National Statistics there were 4,079 fatalities in the week ending February 19.This was down from 5,691 the previous week, marking a fall of 28%.In the seven-days to February 19, Covid-19 accounted for 29.5% of deaths in England and Wales, compared to 3
- Famous faces have invited us into their houses for Come Dine With Me (Picture:E4)Come Dine with Me has been on air since 2005 and has remained a permanent favourite for many since first airing.The sarcastic comments from narrator Dave Lamb, the tension between the guests – ‘what a sad little life’ started here, after all – and the moments of complete culinary failure make it unmissable TV.So much so that even the celebrities wanted to get in on the action.Which celebs hav
- Farah moved from New York to Paris in 2016, ‘just because’ (Picture: Farah Al-Hashem)Welcome back to What I Rent, our weekly series taking an honest look at the world of renting.
Last week we were in Birmingham, looking around the gloriously colourful one-bedroom flat Maisie rents for £700 a month.
This time we’re a little further afield, in Paris, France.
Farah Al-Hashem, 33, is a film director and journalist currently serving as a digital media consultant for Unesco.
- Clever supermarket hacks are saving savvy shoppers hundreds of dollars on meat, picking up choice cuts pack for as little as $5.40 - by grabbing 'lamb bones' and offcuts that have plenty of meat.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan to take part in International Women's Day ahead of their tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey
- Laiven bene, from Sydney, shared to social media the romantic moment his best friend asked his girlfriend to marry him at his wedding reception but people online were furious
Chrissy Teigen receives book to help children through loss of a sibling after losing son Jack in pregnancyChrissy Teigen was given a book to help talk to her children about her stillborn son Jack (Picture: Getty)Chrissy Teigen has been given a book to help her tell her children about losing a sibling.Chrissy and husband John Legend’s third child was tragically stillborn last year.When the model was 20 weeks pregnant she suffered complications and was hospitalised due to excessive bleeding.The couple later shared the news that they had lost their son, who they had called Jack.She and John are a
- £10.4 million will now be paid out in refunds (Picture: Getty Images)More than a million households will get a refund on their energy bills after a watchdog pulled up 18 suppliers for overcharging customers.Ofgem said companies including the Big Six firms such as British Gas, npower and EDF overcharged customers £7.2 million over seven years after failing to follow price protection rules.Overall, the refunds are set to total £10.4 million, after some gas and electricity supplie
- Boris Johnson signalled that Rishi Sunak will avoid raising the levy on fuel as he insisted the economic recovery will be 'powered by White Van Man'.
- Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng this morning confirmed the person is yet to be found as he said 'we are still trying to work out exactly what has happened to that potential carrier'.
- Olivier Veran, the French health minister, said today that the AstraZeneca vaccine will soon be made available for the over-50s with underlying health issues that make them vulnerable to Covid.
- Mike Parker invited builders to move in to complete this amazing renovation over lockdown (Picture: Francois Verbeek)Just as the UK was plunged into lockdown last March, Mike Parker hit a critical stage in his house renovation.
After years of planning a radical extension to his historic Grade II-listed Northumberland home, he had the Bristol-based building team finally on its way, with the acres of glazing required.
But they would have nowhere to stay with all the hotels set to close.
- EA are not taking any chances with Battlefield 6 (pic: EA)EA are going all in on Battlefield 6 this year, even going as far as to push back the new Need For Speed so Criterion can help out.Go back a decade and Battlefield was poised to take over from Call Of Duty as the world’s favourite military first person shooter. But a bug-filled launch, which left the game almost unplayable for months (and you thought that was a modern trend), saw Battlefield 4 flub its big chance and the series has
- Passengers described 'chaos' and a lack of social distancing as they were stuck in massive queues at border control, with one claiming they were forced to stand next to passengers returning from red list countries
- The flat at Number 11 Downing Street remained a product of the 1960s - until Tony and Cherie Blair took up residence in 1997.
- Marcella, 57, from Solihull, was in hospital suffering from dramatic weight loss as well as sepsis and pneumonia when doctors tested her for HIV and realised she was positive
- Halsey is expecting her first child (Picture:
AP – Halsey)Halsey has hit out at speculation over her pregnancy, insisting that her baby was planned.The 26-year-old is expecting her first child with boyfriend Alev Aydin, after suffering multiple miscarriages and getting surgery to treat endometriosis.Her fertility struggle has meant that this pregnancy is even more special to the Closer singer, and she hit out at those ‘speculating’ over how she became pregnant.Halsey, real name
- Cough mixture, eye drops, laxatives and sun creams are among a range of products that are no longer available on prescription following an NHS review over the past four years
- Does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer need to take the handbrake off against the big clubs? (Picture: Getty Images)After watching Manchester United’s goalless draw with Chelsea at the weekend, Andy Cole says his former club cannot play in such a way and feels they are betraying the attacking style built under Sir Alex Ferguson.The Red Devils stayed second in the Premier League with the stalemate at Stamford Bridge, a solid enough result, but one that leaves them 12 points behind Manchester City at the
- Liverpool legend Ian St John sadly diedMetro/Getty)Liverpool legend Ian St John has sadly passed away aged 82.
The forward made 425 appearances for the Reds during 1961 and 1971 and banged in 118 goals. He also played 21 times for Scotland, scoring nine goals.St John scored one of the most iconic goals in Liverpool’s history when he scored in extra time to seal the club’s first FA Cup win with a 2-1 victory over Leeds in 1965.He was signed for a then club-record fee of £37,500
- Jane Andrews, 53, has told friends that she is 'terrified' about the effects of a new ITV documentary will have on her life as the programme explores her murder in 2000 of her lover Tom Cressman.
Chloe Ferry has jumped to the defence of her man (well, good friend) Wayne Lineker, after speculation the pair were engaged led to him being sent ‘vile abuse’ online.
Geordie Shore star Chloe, 25, and Wayne, 58, struck up a good friendship while filming dating series Celebs Go Dating: The Mansion over lockdown.
Following the show, the duo shocked fans when they teased they we
- STEPHEN GLOVER: Almost exactly 21 years ago, I wrote a piece in the Spectator magazine alleging that Roy Greenslade had strong sympathies for the Irish Republican movement.
- Guests rushed to the aid of the terrified woman after hearing screams for help at The Great Southern Hotel in Sydney's CBD in May last year.
- A huge cyclone in about to smash into Far North Queensland with torrential rain and high winds already causing flooding and leaving 40,000 homes without power.
- Alec Baldwin headed out in the Hamptons after Hilaria revealed their baby news (Picture: Splash)Alec Baldwin was spotted keeping his head down in the Hamptons after wife Hilaria welcomed their sixth child together.The couple sent fans into a spin when they announced the surprise new arrival on Instagram on Monday, blessing us all with a snap of the little one.Just before the news emerged, the 30 Rock actor was seen making his way around the area, running errands and grabbing a coffee.The 62-year
- Jose Mourinho was overlooked as a successor to Sir Alex Ferguson (Photo by Matthew Peters/Manchester United via Getty Images)Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand says he wanted Jose Mourinho to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford in 2013.The Scot kept his retirement a secret from the world but Mourinho was one of a handful of people in the industry to know about Ferguson’s decision.The Portuguese had long been thought of as a perfect replacement for Ferguson and Mourinho w
- The state of emergency allows the government to enforce drastic rules, including lockdowns, mandatory face masks, and people limits in venues that would usually be against civil rights.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!