Grandma was never one to let leftovers go to waste, and that included baking up all sorts of sweets with last night’s mashed potatoes. After all, Grandma knew how much everyone loved buttery slices of moist and tender potato bread, so why not bake with mashed potatoes where other favorites are concerned?
It may sound weird but it’s really not. After all, grandmas are masters at stretching a dollar, and potatoes are a frugal kitchen staple. In addition, baking with mashed potatoes res
- As we transition to warmer weather, certain household chores will need attention. (Time to dust off the grill!) Check out our summer cleaning checklist to help refresh your home and yard.
As the hot weather approaches, your air conditioner will soon be humming along every day. Now is the perfect time to clean any dusty air vents in your home. Use your vacuum’s brush attachment to get rid of dust. For extra grimy vents, unscrew them from the wall or floor, then wash in the sink wi
- Chateau Minuty M de Minuty Rosé
This gorgeous Provence rosé will be a hit among fans of pink wine. While light in color, it’s full of lively cherry, currant and orange notes and a zesty, refreshing palate. M de Minuty will bring a little Mediterranean sunshine to your event, so it’s perfect for a poolside bridal shower.
The post The Best Wines for a Bridal Shower According to a Sommelier appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Mexican Tea Cookies
Mexican tea cookies are a holiday favorite in our family. I updated the recipe by frosting them with a buttercream made with dulce de leche. They are tender, crumbly cookies that everyone enjoys. —David Ross, Spokane Valley, Washington
Don’t have a can on hand? Here’s how to make dulce de leche right at home!
The post 13 Recipes with Dulce de Leche appeared first on Taste of Home.
- A New Computer
The gift at the top of their list? A brand new laptop. This Apple MacBook Pro has up to 20 hours of battery life, lightning fast performance and a stunning display.
The post 15 High School Graduation Gifts at Every Price Point appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Quality Coffee Maker
While the days of gulping down Red Eyes are (hopefully) over, your grad will still need to make a good cup of coffee. This touchscreen maker from Cuisinart is easy to program, and it even has a self-clean feature! They can brew a standard cup o’ Joe, or try out one of these copycat coffee shop drinks.
The post 15 Practical College Graduation Gifts appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Whether you’re a loyal Starbucks patron or more of an every-now-and-then customer, we’ve got the scoop on the coffee chain’s upcoming releases. Expect bright colors and flavors from Starbucks’ new drink and drinkware products!
And according to our friends at totallythebomb.com, rumor has it that there’s a unicorn cake pop in the works.
What Is Starbucks’ New Drink?
Starbucks fans, give a warm welcome to the all-new Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino!
- Ham & Veggie Casserole
I’ve paired ham with broccoli and cauliflower for years. To complete this casserole dinner, I pass around the dinner rolls. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
The post 45 Spring Comfort Food Recipes appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Summer is almost here, and you know we’re beyond excited for it. Warm weather means more time at the beach, more grilling burgers with the family and lots of fresh-squeezed lemonade! But with better weather also comes our bug friends.
Now, sometimes our bug friends are a little more aggressive than we’d like, and they don’t always nest in the best places. Finding ideas to keep backyard pests away can be a hassle, but luckily there are options to help us out.
Your Mail Carrier L
- We’ve all spent a lot of time watching shows on Disney+ this past year. You might even think you’ve watched everything there is to watch…right? I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve watched Peter Pan and The Nightmare Before Christmas. But you may be missing out on some Disney+ gems and not even know it!
It seems that there’s a “secret” some of us may not have heard about, and it’s keeping great Disney+ content away from us. Let’s
- Garlic Beef Enchiladas
Beef enchiladas are typically prepared with corn tortillas, but my husband, Jeff, and I prefer flour tortillas. I use them in this saucy casserole that has irresistible home-cooked flavor and a subtle kick. —Jennifer Standridge, Dallas, Georgia
The post 25 Recipes You Can Make with a Pound of Taco Meat appeared first on Taste of Home.
To help remove pesticides and bacteria, rinse your fresh strawberries in saltwater. Dissolve one teaspoon of salt for every cup of warm water and let cool before adding your strawberries. Let them soak for a couple of minutes, then rinse under cool running water.
Once clean, pat the berries dry with a clean cloth. And if you don’t think you can eat them all within a few days, keep them in a produce-saving container.
The post How to Clean the “Dirty Dozen” Fruits a
- The juicy, tangy taste of pickles is perfect on sandwiches, pizza and even straight out of the jar. Seriously, so many of us love pickles that brands have even made foods flavored like them! We’re talking potato chips, popcorn seasoning and even vodka that taste like pickles.
People are even making Kool-Aid pickles, and believe it or not, they’re popular! Now, we’re seeing a recipe for ranch pickles all over TikTok, and we’re hooked on this snack. Plus, they are so easy t
- If there’s one thing Lay’s is known for, it’s dropping new flavors that absolutely blow our minds—and taste buds. In 2020, they released Salted Caramel potato chips, and for this year, they’ve already announced not one but three new flavors. Now, Lay’s is bringing a beloved Doritos flavor to its signature potato chip, and we couldn’t ask for a better mash-up.
Hello, Lay’s Cool Ranch Doritos Chips!
Each bag of Lay’s potato chips is coated with
- Dutch Oven Chocolate Dump CakeLooking for a quick dessert that will make people think you spent all day in the kitchen? This Dutch oven dump cake will wow your guests. Feel free to use your favorite pie filling in place of cherry. — Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, WisconsinGet Recipe
The post 25 Recipes That Start with a Box of Chocolate Cake Mix appeared first on Taste of Home.
- It’s no secret that we love The Pioneer Woman. From her homestyle comfort food recipes to her beautiful and functional line of cooking gear and appliances, we can’t get enough of Ree Drummond and her life on an Oklahoma ranch. So when we found out she expanded her Walmart collection to include metal bakeware, we got excited. And when we saw how truly functional AND gorgeous the collection is, we got REALLY excited.
Everything You Need to Know
Just in time for Mother’s Day, the
- When my father took over a takeout restaurant in Phoenix in the early 1990s, the menu quickly grew from 18 dishes to over 50. Though beyond impractical and bordering on ridiculous for such a small restaurant, my father’s passion for food inspired him to share his most beloved dishes. One such dish was mapo tofu.
This fiery, savory and melt-in-your-mouth dish has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. The spicy tofu harmonizing with hot white rice—there’s nothin
- What constitutes the best sandwich looks a little different for everyone. Some may like theirs with toasted bread and melty, gooey cheese, where others prefer a classic deli-style sub. Guy Fieri, one of the most iconic chefs in the industry today, has a different take on what makes the ultimate sandwich. Or shall we say, how to make any sandwich “off the hook.”
To Guy, the best sandwiches consist of a fat, something sweet and, most importantly, an acid to cut through it all. (And som
- Thanks to Stuffed Puffs, summer snacks will be even sweeter. Just in time for bonfires and backyard s’mores, Stuffed Puffs is back with a brand-new flavor—Cookies ‘n Creme Marshmallows.
You may remember the original chocolate-stuffed Stuffed Puffs that debuted in 2019. This new stuffed marshmallow is exactly like that but, well, it’s cookies ‘n creme-ier. We can’t wait to make Rice Krispies treats!
What’s in Each Marshmallow?
Each delicious Cookies &lsqu
- It’s obvious that we like to keep tabs on the latest trends in the snack food world. But we’re especially excited to see news about chocolate chip cookies. (In the name of research, we’ve even ranked store-bought cookies to let our readers know which brand reigns supreme.)
Chips Ahoy! has been making a pretty classic chocolate chip cookie since 1963, the year it debuted. The most dramatic change so far has been the number of chips in each cookie—Chips Ahoy! started as &ld
- We all know that anything with garlic as an ingredient is bound to be amazing—that’s just the way it is! Between garlic mashed potatoes, garlic bread and garlic knots, it’s impossible not to indulge every single day.
So what’s next on the garlic agenda?
It might not be exactly what you had in mind. It’s true that garlic goes with everything, but what about garlic straight from a jar? It’s called spicy pickled garlic—and it’s going to be y
- There’s no doubt about it: Azaleas are a much-loved flowering element in residential landscaping. The easy-to-grow, colorful shrubs are celebrated in festivals and spring garden tours across the U.S., especially in the South and Southeast where they’re abundant. If you love the vibrant colors of azaleas, you can probably grow them in your yard because they are not overly fussy.
All About Azaleas
Azaleas do well in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 5 through 8, meaning they can thrive in all
- For the Global Traveler
With Atlas Coffee Club, you can explore global coffee culture in the comfort of your own home. Based in Austin, Texas, every month Atlas sends a bag of freshly roasted coffee from different regions around the world. Varieties include micro-lot coffees from Tanzania, Kenya, Colombia, Peru and more. With each delivery, you also receive an illustrated postcard with facts about your coffee’s origin country and flavor descriptions. Learn more about different types of co
- Chances are that you’ve seen a little free library or two on your walks around the neighborhood. These boxes are stuffed with books and labeled with signs suggesting passersby take or leave a book. It’s a great way to engage the community and read something new. It’s especially exciting when these mini-libraries have a great cookbook inside.
But in Charleston, South Carolina, you’ll find a new little free structure dotting the city: little free pantries called Blessings B
- Vegan Marinara SauceMy mother, who was Italian American, called marinara sauce “gravy.” She made this marinara sauce recipe in big batches several times a month, so it was a staple on our dinner table. A mouthwatering aroma filled the house each time she cooked it. —James Grimes, Frenchtown, New JerseyGet Recipe
Discover even more crave-worthy vegan recipes that the whole family will enjoy.
The post 8 Homemade Vegan Pasta Sauce Recipes appeared first on Taste of Home.
- If there’s one thing you can count on with any Jewish holiday, it’s that there will be lots of delicious Jewish foods on the table. That’s probably why my favorite memories of any holiday are associated with food, like the house filling with the smell of potato latkes on Hanukkah, or my fingers getting sticky from the honey cake my mom made for Rosh Hashanah.
Where do bourekas fit in? Every spring, seven weeks after Passover, is the lesser-known Jewish holiday of Shavuot. It co
- I don’t know about you, but we’ve been swept up in the air fryer craze. Our Test Kitchen even named the best air fryer! The tabletop convection ovens are amazing, circulating hot air around your food until it gets a crisp exterior—just like a fryer, but with a whole lot less oil. Faux-frying is what most people are using these gadgets for, but don’t stop there. You can air-fry some surprising foods, including steak. (See our complete air fryer guide.)
Because the temperat
- Sure, everyone loves a good delivery pizza here and there, but making your own pizza at home is just way more satisfying—plus you can get the toppings just right.
To make your pizza nights really exceptional, you need quality ingredients—including mozzarella cheese, crust and sauce. Sauce from scratch is delicious, but you don’t always have the time to stir up a batch of homemade (though if you do, we recommend this five-star pizza sauce recipe). That’s when you reac
- I realize that’s a pretty bold statement to say that I’m obsessed with Miyoko’s Vegan Butter. However, I think I’m more than qualified to make that claim.
Diagnosed as lactose intolerant back in my mid-20s, I’ve spent the last 30 years like a modern-day Don Quixote tilting at faux dairy windmills only to be disappointed time and time again. I’ve succumbed to the alure of numerous butter-challengers, only to discover I can believe they’re not butter. But,
- Busy parents, working professionals and active retirees: We know your recipes boxes are brimming with simple, speedy recipes that get you through the week. If your pressure-cooker paella is a hit, let’s hear about it. Same goes for your sheet-pan Tex-Mex omelet. And what better way to end the night than with your shortcut cookie dough truffles? Any tasty recipe that requires fewer than 45 minutes and 12 ingredients is on the table. Enter to win big!
Submit Your Recipe Exciting News!
- Taco Bell is on a roll this year, and the news just keeps getting better! After announcing the return of the Beefy Potato-Rito and dropping a brand-new Freeze, they’re back with an announcement that’s sure to have fans “over the moon.” Yep, Taco Bell will be giving out free tacos for one day only, on the occasion of “Taco Moon.”
Mark Your Calendars for Free Taco Bell
On Tuesday, May 4, Taco Bell will be giving out a free Crunchy Taco to anyone who orders from
- The construction of an Oreo isn’t rocket science—two layers of a crunchy cocoa cookie and a thick layer of cream follow the “sandwich” model perfectly. And, along with the classic black-and-white cookie, the brand is always filling grocery store shelves with innovative flavors—think Carrot Cake Oreos, or a cookie-dough-and-brownie-stuffed Brookie-O.
The making of an Oreo isn’t the center of debate, though. Favorite flavors aside, here’s the real question
- It’s no secret that we love everything about McDonald’s—from their signature fries to their delicious chocolate pies (not to mention their secret birthday cakes!). However, like most customers, we’re super bummed whenever their McFlurry machines are out of order (which seems to happen a lot). McDonald’s announced something that has us hunting down the nearest working ice cream machine—free McFlurries!
Get a McFlurry for Free—for One Day Only
This is not
- As a child living in the historic Chinatown of Incheon, South Korea, I’d beg my parents for a tanghulu (糖葫芦) whenever we passed a street vendor selling candied hawthorn berries skewered on sticks. I believed with the certainty of youth that these jewel-like treats must taste like magic crystals that would fill me with sparkling bliss. My parents, however, were far too sensible. “Tanghulu? What a waste of money,” they would say. “Dust sticks to those t
- Avocado SalsaI was planning a party and thought it might be fun to try a different kind of avocado salsa. This recipe was an absolute success. Scoop it up with chips, spoon it over chicken or steak, or eat it on its own! —Susan Vandermeer, Ogden, UtahGet Recipe
The post 25 Easy Summer Appetizers for Your Next Get-Together appeared first on Taste of Home.
- 101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die
By Jet Tila
If your taste buds had a bucket list, 101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die is the book they would refer to. Chock-full of tasty and flavorful dishes from celebrity chef and restaurateur Jet Tila, this gastronomic encyclopedia is a must-have for anyone looking to dive into Asian cuisines. Traverse through rich curries, warming soups, savory stir-fries, springy noodles and more.
Notable recipe: Sweet chili Sriracha hot wings
- Popsicle Variety Pack
There’s no better way to kick off the official start of summer than with a box of classic popsicles for the neighborhood. You can choose from orange, cherry or grape flavors. But with only 40 calories per pop, why not try all three?
The post 14 of the Best Popsicles to Pick Up on Your Next Grocery Run appeared first on Taste of Home.
- I love chicken salad sandwiches. For this recipe, I use a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. The chicken is tossed with avocado oil mayonnaise, capers and dill relish, then layered on crusty bread with sliced radishes and butter lettuce. You can vary the flavor by adding herbs or some finely diced roasted red peppers. —David Ross, Spokane Valley, WashingtonTotal Time Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes 10 servingsIngredients 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken3/4 cup chopped celery1/2 cup cho
- Simple BLT sandwiches are quite amazing, but when you add dill mayonnaise, avocado and brown sugar bacon, they become something spectacular! I used double-thick bacon in this recipe, but you can use thick-cut bacon if you prefer, adjusting the cooking time as necessary. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, VirginiaTotal Time Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. Makes 2 servingsIngredients 6 thick-sliced bacon strips1/4 cup packed brown sugar1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper1/4 cup mayonnaise1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- I created this steak sandwich recipe for my husband. Fried onions are a family favorite, and I thought it would be amazing to put them on a sandwich. The chimichurri-inspired mayo gives fabulous freshness and flavor. —Renee Seaman, Green Township, New JerseyTotal Time Prep: 45 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. + standing Makes 6 servingsIngredients 1 large sweet onion3 cups buttermilk2 cups minced fresh cilantro1 cup minced fresh parsley2 garlic cloves, minced1/2 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons s
- This is a fun take on a Monte Cristo. It makes a big batch, so you can stock your freezer and cook up sandwiches whenever you need a quick meal. —Dan Seering, Verona, WisconsinTotal Time Prep: 30 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min./batch Makes 10 servingsIngredients 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli turkey1-1/4 pounds sliced deli ham10 slices Swiss cheese20 slices white bread4 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix Oil for deep-fat fryingConfectioners' sugar1 cup sour cream1/2 cup strawberry preserves Text
- Rich and creamy pimiento cheese is a southern favorite. It makes this grilled pimiento cheese sandwich shine, especially when sweet-hot pepper jelly is added. —Amy Freeze, Avon Park, FloridaTotal Time Prep/Total Time: 20 min. Makes 2 servingsIngredients 4 slices sourdough bread1/4 cup butter, softened1/2 cup pimiento cheese spread2 tablespoons pepper jelly6 cooked thick-sliced bacon strips Text Ingredients View RecipeDirections Spread both sides of bread slices with butter. In a large skil
- A traditional croque-madame is a heartier version of a croque-monsieur because it's served with an egg on top of the sandwich. Instead of bechamel and Gruyere, this playful version includes pepper jack, chiles and chipotle. —Lauren Wyler, Dripping Springs, TexasTotal Time Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes 4 servingsIngredients 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chiles, drained8 slices country-style white bread3 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise4 slices pepper jack cheese1/2 pound sliced deli ham5 tab
- This recipe combines spices from my Indian roots with a modern twist. If you want to add some extra heat to your sandwiches, add half a serrano pepper to the slaw. —Mary Lou Timpson, Centennial Park, ArizonaTotal Time Prep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min. Makes 4 servingsIngredients 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt2 tablespoons tandoori masala seasoning4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)1 cup shredded daikon radish2 tablespoons grated onion2 tablespoons lime juice2 tables
- These lamb burgers can be made the day before and refrigerated until you're ready to grill. Serve with a cool drink and a tomato-cucumber salad for a refreshing yet hearty meal. —Sheila Sturrock, Coldwater, OntarioTotal Time Prep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min. Makes 4 servingsIngredients 1 pound ground lamb1/2 cup dry bread crumbs1 large egg, lightly beaten1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese1/4 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)2 tablespoons finely chopped onion1 tablespoon finely c
- Arayes are grilled Lebanese-style sandwiches that are stuffed with a seasoned meat mixture. They're commonly found throughout the food stalls that line the streets of Beirut. If you'd rather not use a grill, they can be baked in the oven or made in a panini press. —Nikki Haddad, Germantown, MarylandTotal Time Prep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min. Makes 6 servingsIngredients 2 large onions, coarsely chopped1-1/2 cups packed fresh parsley sprigs1-1/2 pounds ground beef1 large egg, lightly beaten1 tea
- My recipe was inspired by Vietnamese pork banh mi—particularly the fresh carrot, cucumber and radish topping. It has so much fresh flavor, color and crunch! This wrap is wonderful for a quick lunch or easy dinner. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, ArkansasTotal Time Prep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min. Makes 6 servingsIngredients 1/3 cup hoisin sauce1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided2 tablespoons lime juice2 garlic cloves, minced6 chicken tenderloins (abo
- I turned a classic takeout dinner into this General Tso's chicken sandwich that’s simple to make at home. We like spicy foods, so the sauce uses a good amount of heat, but you can adjust the sauce for your family's taste buds. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, MarylandTotal Time Prep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min./batch Makes 4 servingsIngredients 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise2 tablespoons honey1 tablespoon rice vinegar2 teaspoons hoisin sauce3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix1/2 cup sliced almonds1 poun
- It’s no secret that we’re fans of The Great British Baking Show, among other binge-worthy food shows on Netflix. Generally, cooking competitions are high-stress. But for some reason, it’s so soothing to watch bakers put their culinary minds to work in the kitchen. Not to mention, some of those recipes are great inspo for what we bake up at home—Martha’s Lemon and Thyme Mini Cakes, anyone?
Well, Disney Channel is dropping an all-new baking competition series with kid
- Whether you’re setting up a home bar or want to re-create your favorite bar cocktail, knowing what ingredients you need for a margarita is crucial. From tequila and orange liqueur, citrus juice and mix-ins, we’ll break down the basic margarita ingredients you should have on hand.
While you’re at it, these are the classic cocktail recipes you need to know.
The Basic Ingredients for a MargaritaA classic margarita is made with tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice, in a 3-2-1 pro
Follow @RecipesUKnews on Twitter!