- Kalawao County in Hawaii has become the only county to have zero coronavirus cases and deaths amid the pandemic in the United States, which recorded more than 12million infections
- Tanya Lee, 30, admitted she appeared 'a bad parent' after laying out chicken bones as an 'elf-shaped skeleton' next to a stuffed Grinch toy. Single mother Ms Lee said her son Oscar 'cried and cried'.
- Former Queensland MP Jason Costigan said it's it's 'utter cr*p' that a Chinese developer has been able to block locals from stepping foot on a Whitsundays island after securing 99-year lease.
- Blueberry pickers in the Coffs Harbour region of New South Wales are being severely underpaid and forced to stay in cramped, overpriced accommodation.
Harry Potter book expected to fetch £50k at auction after owner almost sold in car boot sale for 50pA first edition Harry Potter book is expected to sell at a huge £50,000 at auction. The copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was one of 500 in first print run in 1997.
- Daily Mail Australia can reveal their alleged killer had no disagreement whatsoever with the young parents - who were innocent victims of an alleged revenge attack on their housemate.
- Items of historical or cultural value found by bounty hunters will belong to the nation under the plans, announced by ministers yesterday.
- Three Wessex Water employees and one contractor, understood to have been working on top of the silo, were killed when it exploded in Avonmouth yesterday morning.
- The government has added the Covid-19 vaccine to the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme which will pay anyone severely disabled by the medication a tax free lump sum of £120,000.
- Boris Johnson wants the UK to lead the charge ahead of hosting next year's climate talks. He hopes Britain will cut emissions faster than any other major economy and has beefed up his target.
- Researchers have pinpointed three key stages when alcohol poses greatest danger. They found the effect of booze on the brain is worst for unborn children, older teens and over-65s.
- NSW recorded its first Covid-19 case in 25 days after a woman who worked at the Novotel and IBIS quarantine hotels in Sydney's Darling Harbour tested positive on Wednesday.
- Horizon Forbidden West – coming to PS4, surprisingly (pic: Sony)The Friday Inbox wonders if it’s best to wait a year before buying a next gen console, as one reader looks forward to the Sam & Max remaster.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Next gen games for next gen machines
So I see Sony has been talking about continuing support for the PlayStation 4 again, which makes me think that God Of War 2 will probably be cross-gen as well. Even as s
- With forces in England and Wales recording 120,000hate incidents in the past five years, a 14-year-old schoolgirl is launching legal action against College of Policing guidance.
- Pfizer's vaccine has not yet been approved by the FDA but Cuomo says once it is, 170,000 doses will be sent to New York to be given out to the most in need of it.
- A daughter came home to find her mother and father suffering stab wounds following a suspected domestic violence incident.
- Imperial College London Professor Peter Openshaw said the ideal breeding ground for transmitting Covid-19 is places that play loud music as people have to shout to hear each other, meaning virus-carrying spittle particles are more widely released
- Joe Biden was not wearing his medical boot on Thursday, less than a week after fracturing his right foot. He wore a slip-on suede shoe on his injured foot and a black dress shoe on healthy foot.
- Australia's east coast will face temperatures as high as 47C and storms over the weekend as Fraser Island battles ongoing bushfires.
- More than half of people have admitted not sticking to the letter of last month's temporary lockdown according to researchers at University College London.
- Dr Ian Levy, of the National Cyber Security Centre, said it was braced for a surge in hackers trying to exploit the vaccine roll-out in the coming weeks.
- Khandu Patel, 68, lifted the manhole cover in the garden of his home in Wolverhampton while gardening to discover a large bomb shelter underneath the lawn.
- Photographer Alen MacWeeney took hundreds of images of New York City's graffitied subway and the people who rode it during the 1970s, a difficult decade for the Big Apple.
- Noah Cyrus apologised for using racial slur while defending Harry Styles (Picture: Getty)Noah Cyrus has been forced to apologise after using a racial term to defend Harry Styles’ iconic Vogue shoot.The Watermelon Sugar singer recently made headlines when he donned a Gucci gown for a Vogue photoshoot, with fans around the world applauding the snaps.However, right-wing pundit Candace Owens took aim at the pictures, tweeting after that it was time to ‘bring back manly men’ –
- The family of Tony Hsieh, former CEO of Zappos, released a statement on Thursday after millionaire was dragged unconscious from a burning shed in New London, Connecticut and died last week
- Researchers found some do not have the alcohol stated or the level necessary to kill the virus.They checked 18 products sold at high street retailers, supermarkets and online.
- Kimberley Ryan says her mum - who is on the high-risk 'shielding' list - has spent the last eight months largely confined to her basement bedroom at Fairfield View care home in Audenshaw
- South Australia is considering a ban on mobile phones in primary schools from 2021, joining most other states. Some have welcomed the move while others said phones are essential.
- What does today have in store? (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Get ready for the day ahead with your daily horoscope.
What does today, December 4, 2020, have in store?
Scorpios need to try to stay open, while Sagittarius should try to knuckle down.
Gemini, it’s time to start a conversation (even if you don’t want to), and Aries should chat to a friend for some motivation.
Read on for your star sign’s forecast below.
What star sign are you?
Aries: March 21 to April 20Taurus: April 21 to M
- The National Cyber Security Centre issued an alert as people turn to their web to buy festive gifts
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!