- Sir Alex Allan made a splash when he windsurfed down the River Thames to Parliament dressed in a pinstripe suit and bowler to get around a train strike in 80s.
- The decision will be a relief to many in the hospitality industry who will be able to reopen when the current national lockdown ends on December 2.
- A three-mile stretch of the River Ouse, between Ely and Littleport in Cambridgeshire, has now been announced as the new venue for the race, which will take place in April.
- The local breakdown has been published after days of wrangling, with Tories up in arms at the prospect of 'lockdown by another name'.
- Temperatures in Britain tonight are forecast to dip to -3 to -5 Celsius in rural spots, Met Office meteorologist Bonnie Diamond told MailOnline. Pictured: Northampton this morning.
- The Government postcode checker for finding out which tier your local area of England has been placed into after the coronavirus lockdown crashed today just minutes after going live.
- The body confirmed it was in the process of launching an inquiry, and seeking a third party to do so, regarding allegations of disorganisation and bullying.
- Armada Arndale Shopping Centre and Port Adelaide Plaza are the latest locations linked to the Parafield cluster.
- A glamour model mother-of-two has died after allegedly being mowed down by her former policeman ex on Riviera Road in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi on Saturday.
- Dr Lauren Smith, 37, found the salt and vinegar flavoured snack at Ythan Estuary, in Newburgh, Aberdeenshire, while walking her dog Tattie, aged four, along the shore.
- An Australian woman has posted footage of the frightening moment she uncovered a giant huntsman surrounded by a spreading infestation of baby spiders in her home.
- Phillip Schofield is struggling with the lockdown restrictions (Picture: Rex)Phillip Scofield has revealed on today’s episode of This Morning he’s at ‘breaking point’ over coronavirus lockdown restrictions.The presenter confessed he’s ‘had enough’ as he and Holly Willoughby hosted a debate on whether Christmas should be celebrated or cancelled this year after the Government announced three households will be able to mix for five days over the festive per
- Sir David Attenborough is bringing a new Dynasties special this Christmas (Photo by Shannon Finney/Getty Images)Sir David Attenborough is to present a new Dynasties special this Christmas, which will place a spotlight on the trials faced by a meerkat family.Dynasties: Meerkat, which will be narrated by Sir David, 94, follows a young meerkat queen called Maghogho, the BBC confirmed.The 60-minute programme will invite viewers to watch as Maghogho attempts to establish her dynasty in one of the har
- via mirror.co.ukThe government has released information on lockdown tiers for every area of England - and many are in the harshest Tier 2 and Tier 3 from December 2
Film crew were making a drama about suicide watched in horror as man leapt to his death inquest toldActress Olivia Emden, 28, smiled at window cleaner Paul Child, 53, before he jumped from the Leeds tower block where she was filming after thinking he was a resident at the neighbouring flat to the set.
- Pubs and restaurants can only serve alcohol alongside a substantial meal in tier two areas (Picture: AP)The Government has revealed where pubs can reopen when the new tier system comes into force in England.Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed on Monday that a tougher three-tiered system of restrictions will be imposed when the second national lockdown ends on December 2.He revealed more areas would be placed into the higher tiers to keep the virus under control, but said regions would have to
- Bernie Lucker found 30 of the carts lying near his house in Adover, Hants in one evening, and has since more than doubled his collection, much to his wife's bemusement.
- Barack Obama is all for Drake playing him in a biopic (Picture: Reuters)Barack Obama is all for Drake playing him in a potential biopic, revealing that the star has his ‘seal of approval’.The former US president had nothing but praise for the rapper, 34, when asked about him in a new interview, with Obama, 59, championing Drake – who is set to drop his fifth studio album in January – for his talent.Appearing on Complex’s 360 with Speedy Morman, Obama addressed rumou
- The new tier system comes into force when lockdown ends next week (Picture: Getty)The new tier system will come into force in England on December 2 after lockdown ends, and with it a new set of rules.
The Government announced today what tier each area will be placed in, with most parts of the country set to be living under tiers two and three.
A Covid tier system was already in place before the second lockdown started on November 5, but the new one will be ‘strengthened’ with stricte
- The government website for people to check which lockdown tier they will be in has crashed within minutes of going live.Those accessing the website were told it was experiencing technical difficulties.More follows.Visit our live blog for the latest updates Coronavirus news live
- No 10 has released its postcode checker revealing which tiers each authority is under (Picture: Postcode Checker)Manchester and Birmingham will be plunged into tier three restrictions when England’s lockdown ends next week, the Government has confirmed.No 10 has published its so-called ‘postcode checker’ where people can find out what tier their area is in.London and Liverpool are in tier two, while Manchester and Birmingham have been put under the toughest measures that do not
- The naughty four-month-old macaque, Ban Jin, is seen in trending footage having a piggyback ride on the three-month-old tiger called 'September' at the Hengshui Wildlife Park in northern China.
- Frank Lampard has been blown away by Thiago Silva’s start at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Chelsea are ready to take up the option of a second year for Thiago Silva after the defender’s impressive start to the season.Eyebrows were raised when Chelsea announced the free transfer back in August, given Silva recently turned 36, but the Brazil international has quickly settled into life in England after a worrying Premier League debut against West Brom.Silva has played a key role as Chelsea ha
- Most areas of England have been placed under tiers two and three (Picture: PA)The Government has announced which tiers each area of England will be in when the national lockdown ends on December 2.
The vast majority of places have been put under tiers two and three, which means they face the toughest restrictions.
The new system is slightly different to the one that was in place before the lockdown.
It is uniform and applies nationally without any negotiations with regional governments, meaning
- Vladislav Toshev was driving on the M1 near Flitwick, Bedfordshire, during the evening rush hour last month, when he became frustrated that a motorist in the outside lane was driving 'slowly'.
Mum will never leave kids with her credit card again after they used it to buy shoes for their cockerelAn important lesson: don’t leave children alone with your credit card (Picture: Kennedy News)Denise Hosh has learned an important lesson: never, ever leave your children alone with your credit card.
How did she learn this lesson?
By handing over her card to her children Hannah, 13, and Matthew, 11, and allowing them to nip into the supermarket – only for them to return with a pair of sandals for their pet cockerel.
In their defence, the shoes were on sale, so at least they scored a b
- The fate of millions of people in London and Liverpool has been confirmed (Picture: PA)London and Liverpool will be placed under tier 2 restrictions when England’s national lockdown ends on December 2.The Health Secretary is about to confirm the fate of millions of people across England.Each area of England will be placed back into one of three tiers when the lockdown ends next week, but the majority of the nation is expected to be put under tier two measures.Only a small number of rural a
- Alasdair and Lydia Walker-Cox have refused to shut Grace Cards and Books in Droitwich, Worcestershire - claiming they sell essential items including newspapers, snacks and baking products.
- Sitting at a laptop all day may be good for your job, but not for your health (Credits: Getty Images)Working from home during the pandemic means many of us may be getting even less exercise than before.There’s no more walking to the office, or running to catch a train or a bus. The lunchtime stroll may have vanished and getting to the gym is out of the question at the moment.Sadly, the sedentary lifestyles of many officer workers – whether at a corporate or home office – is hav
- The midfielder’s start at Anfield has been hampered by injury (Picture: Getty Images)Xabi Alonso has full faith that Thiago can go on to have as big of an impact at Liverpool as he did at Bayern Munich.The midfielder has endured a stuttering start to his Anfield career which has been blighted by injury.Thiago damaged his knee in last month’s Merseyside derby and has only made two appearances for the Reds since his £27million move from Bayern Munich back in the summer.Alonso lin
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!