- EXCLUSIVE: Professor Tim Spector, from King's College London, said the extra capacity meant skipping meals and fatigue should probably be added to the list to pick up infections in 'early stages'.
Police investigating ‘racist and homophobic abuse’ against BBC journalist Ben Hunte after Laurence Fox tweetBen Hunte’s Twitter header was shared by Fox (Picture: Instagram)Police have confirmed they are investigating ‘racist and homophobic abuse’ sent to BBC journalist Ben Hunte.Hunte, LGBT correspondent for the BBC, claimed on social media yesterday that he and his family received abuse after Laurence Fox shared a screenshot of his Twitter account with a post about defunding the BBC.A spokesperson from the Metropolitan Police said: ‘We are aware of a tweet posted earlier toda
Carole Baskin urges Donald Trump not to pardon Joe Exotic over hire-to-murder charge and shooting five tigers deadCarole Baskin urges Donald Trump not to pardon Joe Exotic (Picture: AP/Seven)Tiger King star Carole Baskin has urged President Donald Trump not to pardon her big cat rival Joe Exotic.Exotic is currently serving a 22-year sentence for plotting to Baskin, with their uncomfortable feud playing out through the course of the Netflix series. The commander-in-chief, however, offered Exotic – real name Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage – fresh hope earlier this year when he said he’d
- Aron Walton, owner of Holey Skin in Bishopston, Bristol, reportedly accused a council officer of "high treason, for which you will stand trial before a jury of the people, and which still carries the gallows"
- Reviews.org is looking for one lucky person to watch and review 25 Christmas movies in 25 days to deliver a final judgement on the best festive film of all time
- Dozens of mask-wearing shoppers stood in a queue outside a Primark in Cardiff as online retailers expected their busiest ever Black Friday with a record £7.5billion expected to be blown over the next 48 hours
- Ollie Wood was on his way to do some food shopping at Asda in Wigan, Greater Manchester, on October 4 when he pulled up behind a dark blue Volkswagen Golf.
- Footage shows two officers from West Midlands Police handing the female customer a fixed penalty notice at a Farmfoods supermarket, saying that she has 'broken a guideline'.
- Leave campaigners had argued that quitting the EU would allow the UK to strip away red tape
- Charities fear the number of deaths due to fuel poverty could increase this year due to the pandemic (Picture: UK Community Foundations / Getty Images)As people across the country are being told to stay at home to ride out the second wave of coronavirus, for thousands the inside of their homes could present just as big a threat.There were an estimated 28,300 excess deaths in England and Wales last winter, figures from the Office for National Statistics have revealed this morning.A number of thes
- Mosul museum, located in Iraq's second-largest city, has reopened after three years of restoration work to repair the damage caused when ISIS ransacked it in infamous propaganda videos.
- Debs Eccott, 57, returned to her home in Cliffe Woods, Kent, to find the bricks, many of which were cracked, had been lazily reassembled.
- Michel Barnier will travel to London this evening to resume face-to-face post-Brexit trade talks with the UK as hopes of a breakthrough increased.
- James Cooper, who runs Body Transformations in Hampstead, North London, says he plans to take legal action after his security camera allegedly showed an officer attempting to access a key box
- It’s not the PS5 remaster, but the original Spider-Man is still one of the PS4’s best games (pic: Sony)Thanks to Asda’s Black Friday discounts, two major superhero games, Spider-Man and Avengers, are at half-price.When it comes to Black Friday video game deals, your first port of call may be somewhere like Amazon, but Asda’s offers are also worth checking out.With its RollBack sales, some of the PlayStation 4’s most prolific games, such as The Last Of Us Part 2, are
- The five victims were among a group of people leaving a house party in the Long Island neighborhood of Brentwood shortly after midnight on Thursday morning.
A man is lucky to be alive after he fell 200ft down a mountain during a second date.Alec Maguire and Emma Hunt, who met on the dating app Plenty of Fish, decided to go on a hike at the Lake District last week when things took a turn for the worst.The couple were hiking up Blencathra Peak when Alec lost his footing and slipped.The 41-year-old ended up fracturing his spine after the fall a
- The 34-year-old was found guilty at a judge-alone trial in October and on Friday faced a detention application in the NSW District Court.
- CCTV footage shows a venomous centipede darting across the floor towards a toddler named Nong was playing on the living room floor of his home in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Police were called to the Townsville University Hospital about 3.30pm on Friday.
- Bruno Tonioli won’t be returning for the Strictly final (Picture: BBC)Strictly Come Dancing judge Bruno Tonioli will not be returning for the grand finale of this year’s show due to coronavirus travel restrictions.Although the judge has been absent from the current series to honour his commitment to filming Dancing With The Stars in the United States, bosses had hoped he’d be able to appear for the awarding of the glitterball.However, producers are said to have since decided Bu
- More than 15,000 jobs at the Arcadia Group, which also owns Burton and Dorothy Perkins, could be at risk with the firm 'set to appoint administrators from Deloitte next week.'
Four strangers left absolutely stunned as they all turn up at the same coffee shop wearing matching yellow coatsA glitch in the Matrix? Or are yellow coats the next big trend? (Picture: Kennedy/Metro.co.uk)The world really is a strange and magical place.
Bizarre things happen all the time, and we have to stop to appreciate the wonder.
Take this moment, when four strangers were queuing up for coffee and realised they were all wearing the same style of yellow coat.
Mum-of-five Rebecca Birch was meeting her friend Emily Lawrence in Caffe Nero in Sherborne, Dorset.
She noticed she and her friend were accident
- Special adviser Cleo Watson is understood to have handed in her resignation yesterday, a fortnight after the maverick No10 chief departed.
- Hamza Zaman, 20, has been jailed after admitting sexual assault, robbery, attempted robbery and witness intimidation across Greater Manchester between June 2017 and May 2018.
- Ally Gordon, 20, was sentenced to three-and-a-half years for manslaughter and possessing a bladed weapon after the attack in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, last year.
- Ulrika’s confidence was hit by JLo’s picture (Picture: Rex)Ulrika Jonsson has called Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston’s ‘perfect’ bodies ‘toxic’, claiming pictures of the stars can cause damage to women’s confidence.This week, JLo stunned fans as she posed naked for the artwork for her new single In The Morning.In a shot by photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, the 51-year-old showed off her abs and strong legs, and people couldn’t q
- Dr Moore-Gilbert was met by public health officials and members of the Australian Defence Force after disembarking from a plane at Canberra Airport on Friday afternoon.
- Cole has been impressed by Mourinho’s side (Picture: Getty Images)Joe Cole admits he’s feeling ‘nervous’ for his former side Chelsea ahead of Sunday’s clash with Tottenham given the way Jose Mourinho is transforming the north London side.Spurs are top of the Premier League table after winning six of their opening nine games this season and laid down a marker with their impressive 2-0 victory over Manchester City last weekend.Tottenham found themselves in dire strait
- The arsonist was caught on CCTV outside the property in Golcar, West Yorkshire (Picture: Yorkshire Live / MEN Media)An arsonist managed to accidentally set his trousers ablaze while attempting to torch two cars.CCTV footage captured the man running away with his trousers on fire after the attack, close to 3am yesterday morning.
Mum-of-two Laura Hunsley, 30, was woken up to see the suspect pouring petrol on two cars on her driveway in Golcar, near Huddersfield.He tried to smash the window of one
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!