Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty has begun teasing its summer releases, starting at the base (literally).
The cosmetics brand announced its new Always an Optimist Pore Diffusing Primer on Thursday (April 1), described as a “cushiony gel that smooths away the look of pores, boosts and extends makeup wear, & actually hydrates skin while fighting shine all day.”
Despite its matte finish, the primer is made with hydrating and soothing hyaluronic acid, green tea extract and vitamin E.
- Taylor Swift has today (April 16) made UK chart history after her re-recorded album ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’, reached number one in the charts.READ MORE: Taylor Swift – ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ review: a celebration of the star’s breakout albumThe Official Charts Company confirmed that Swift had earned her third number one album in under a year (259 days) making her the first artist to have the fastest accumulation of three number one alb
- Paul Weller has reflected on the time he got to record a Beatles song with Paul McCartney as part of the supergroup The Smokin’ Mojo Filters.READ MORE: Paul McCartney – ‘McCartney III: Imagined’ review: Macca shines with a little help from his friendsThe band consisted of Weller, McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Ocean Colour Scene’s Steve Cradock, Young Disciples’ Carleen Anderson and The Style Council’s Steve White.
The musicians came together in 1995 to
- Georgia Twinn has today released a new single ‘Matty Healy’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: The 1975: “I just hope that my honesty is not seen as self-indulgent”The single, taken from Twinn’s debut EP ‘Talk’, was inspired by a “previous relationship where Georgia’s boyfriend bore an uncanny resemblance to The 1975 frontman,” according to a statement.
The single follows two other releases, ‘You Shouldn’t Have Fu
Porridge Radio and Stella Donnelly release charity singles to mark Secretly Canadian’s 25th anniversaryPorridge Radio and Stella Donnelly have released two new charity singles to mark the 25th anniversary of their label, Secretly Canadian.
The indie label was founded in 1996 in Bloomington, Indiana by brothers Ben and Chris Swanson and two friends. Over the years, it has been home to the likes of The War On Drugs, Yeasayer, Yoko Ono, Cherry Glazerr and more.READ MORE: Porridge Radio – ‘Every Bad’: lyrically dense knock-out is a dreamy and complex gift for an undeserving wor
- North Carolina rising rookie Morray has joined Interscope Records in a partnership with Pick Six Records, Billboard reports.
After carving out his sizzling Hot 100 hit “Quicksand” in October 2020, Morray racked several starry cosigns, most notably from J. Cole and DaBaby — who both are fellow North Carolina representatives.
“I’m excited for the world to get to know him and hear what he’s been working on.””Morray is an undeniable talent with an infe
Creator-Collaboration Platform Pearpop Completes $16 Million Raise, Including Support From The Weeknd, Snoop DoggCreator-collaboration marketplace Pearpop has now raised a total of $16 million, including $10 million from a Series A as well as $6 million in “prior seed financing.” Pearpop – which, like Clubhouse, Locker Room, and an array of other immediately successful platforms, debuted in 2020 – detailed the multimillion-dollar raise in a formal release. Florida-headquartered […]
The post Creator-Collaboration Platform Pearpop Completes $16 Million Raise, Including Support
- Apple Music pays music rights-holders a penny per stream, the streaming service revealed in a letter to artists, labels and publishers today (April 16), as first reported by The Wall Street Journal.
That penny-per-stream payout, which comes out of monthly subscription revenue from Apple Music users, is roughly double Spotify’s average rate of around one-third to one-half of a penny per stream. Both services pay rights-holders — like record labels and publishers — based on
- Vince Staples is reportedly planning to release a new Netflix show in the near future along with two new albums.
That’s according to a new interview with GQ, which states that Staples will release two albums, one of which will be self-titled and is expected this summer.
Another album, called ‘Ramona Park Broke My Heart’, is still being worked on by Staples according to the interview. No further details about the release date of this was given.
The interviewer for GQ also reveal
- Pete Wentz reflected on the moment when he kissed a pre-fame Kim Kardashian on the set of Fall Out Boy’s 2007 video for their song “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs” during a recent discussion on his new Apple Music Hits Loud and Sad radio show.
On the first episode of the Monday (April 12) show, entitled “Un-Ironically Liking Things: Kenny Loggins, Armageddon and Erewhon,” Wentz looked back to the time when his band was briefly more famous than the billionaire reality show star.
- via music-news.comDMX passed away last Friday.
- via music-news.comLiam Payne documented the process of making the artwork.
- The Libertines have added two more London dates to their Christmas 2021 tour.READ MORE: The Libertines live: The likely lads ascend once again at a riotous Bristol gigLast week (April 10), the group announced details of a winter tour. The ‘Giddy Up A Ding-Dong Tour’ will see the group play 15 dates across the UK this November and December – including two dates at London’s O2 Forum in Kentish Town, the location of some of the bands most celebrated shows in 2003.
- Billboard’s First Stream serves as a handy guide to this Friday’s most essential releases — the key music that everyone will be talking about today, and that will be dominating playlists this weekend and beyond.
This week, Young Thug brings his YSL compatriots along for another ride, Iann Dior wants to blow up in back-to-back years, and Eric Church offers part one of an epic trilogy. Check out all of this week’s First Stream picks below:
Young Thug & YSL, Slime Langua
- ONE OK ROCK have shared the music video for their new single ‘Renegades’, which was co-written with Ed Sheeran.
The Japanese band supported the British star on the Asian leg of his ‘DIVIDE’ tour in 2019 and previously went into the studio with him in Thailand.READ MORE: Songs you probably didn’t know were written by Ed Sheeran‘Renegades’ is the latest partnership between the two acts and was written in Sheeran’s home studio in Suffolk.
- The Tribeca Festival is set to open its 2021 edition by turning the lights up on Washington Heights.
The in-person New York event will kick off on June 9 with the world premiere of Warner Bros.’ In the Heights at the United Palace theater in Washington Heights, the neighborhood where the story is based.
Additionally, Tribeca, which is set to be the first in-person North American film festival since the COVID-19 pandemic, will host simultaneous screenings of the opening-
- Selena Gomez went under the pen again recently to get a delicate cross on her collarbone, thanks to inker to the stars Bang Bang.
The tattoo artist (born Keith Scott McCurdy) — who has worked his magic on everyone from Katy Perry to Rihanna, Adele and Rita Ora — chronicled his latest handiwork with a video, in which Gomez pulls down her mask and smiles as she shows off the image.
Bang Bang captioned the short clip “We (heart) @selenagomez.”
It was a reunion for Gomez and
- They’re in the stars tonight! This week, BTS announced that their Bang Bang Con event is returning, so get ready. Plus, their video for “Dynamite” topped one billion YouTube views.
Meanwhile, Justin Bieber’s Justice album returned to No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Taylor Swift dropped Easter eggs on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the Latin AMAs took place, and much more.
Take a look at all of the week’s can’t-miss music moments below.Saturday Night Live was
- The daughter of NWA icon Eazy E has accused Ice Cube of “dodging and ducking” her after he was asked to participate in a new documentary about the rapper’s life.
Ebie Wright is making a documentary surrounding the events of her father’s untimely death in July 1995, but says that Ice Cube is proving to be the project’s biggest stumbling block so far.
In a recent interview with Too Fab, Wright said: “There’s so many people that are talking on thi
20 Questions With Wild Pink: Inside Their Surprise Covers EP, Including a ‘Weird and Sad’ Taylor Swift VersionLess than two months after NYC indie rock band Wild Pink released its third studio album, A Billion Little Lights, the group has surprised fans with an eclectic collection of cover tracks. 6 Cover Songs includes re-imaginings of songs by Taylor Swift (“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”), Bruce Springsteen (“When You’re Alone”), Carly Rae Jepsen (“Favorite Color”) and Coldplay (“Reign of Love”) — as well as a cover of the Jeopardy
- Tenille Arts won’t be taking home any trophies from the 56th annual Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards on April 18 — competitor Gabby Barrett received the new female artist honor in advance — but Arts has already won big by overcoming an extraordinary hurdle to claim a precedent-setting top 10 single with her first bona fide hit.
Arts, who was named a finalist for new female when nominations were unveiled Feb. 26, moves to No. 9 on the Country Airplay cha
- Chris Brown and Young Thug are ready to “Go Crazy” like its summer 2020 all over again with a new remix of their hit featuring Future, Lil Durk and Mulatto.
Breezy announced the hot lineup Tuesday (Feb. 16) and unveiled the cartoon cover art featuring all five hip-hop stars. “Let me show u how to bring the summer back,” he wrote.
Update (April 16): The music video for the remix is out now. Check it out below.
“Go Crazy,” the lead single from the pair&rsqu
- Brian Fallon has announced details of rescheduled UK and European tour dates for 2022.
The Gaslight Anthem frontman will kick off the ‘Local Honey’ tour in Frankfurt in April 2022, before heading across the continent for a lengthy series of dates that will conclude at Nottingham’s Rock City on May 28 of that year.
You can check out the tour dates in full below.
APRIL 202226 – Frankfurt, GER – Batschkap27 – Hamburg, GER – Edel-Optics.de Arena28 – Go
- When Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton co-host the 56th ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18), it will mark the 29th time the show has featured multiple hosts, but the first time a Black female artist has co-hosted.
The evening promises a number of other firsts — every single of the year nominations features a woman artist, and a record four Black artists are nominated for awards in a single year.
But equally important, Urban and Guyton pledge to bring “light and love and hope” into peop
How Oscar-Nominated ‘Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga’ Songwriting Team Paid Tribute to Music CompetitionOf the five contenders for the best original song Oscar, three feature in poignantly timed dramas delving into America’s troubled political past, while one comes from a moving Italian film starring Sophia Loren as an aging Holocaust survivor. The other, however, is the climactic final pop song from a Netflix comedy about arguably the kitschiest music competition on the planet, includes lyrics about whales and is co-performed onscreen by Will Ferrell dressed as a fisherman.
- Amazon now has more than 200 million subscribers to its Amazon Prime service, CEO Jeff Bezos wrote in his annual letter to shareholders Thursday.
Amazon Prime Video programming is included in the larger Prime subscription, making it one of the most widely available premium streaming services in the world. Prime passed 150 million subscribers in January 2020.
For comparison, Netflix had about 204 million worldwide subscribers at the end of 2020, with Disney+ now above 100
- Eric Andre has paid tribute to late rapper DMX, saying he was a “star” that was “born to rap”.
The hip-hop icon died last week (April 9) after being hospitalised on April 3 following a heart attack.READ MORE: DMX, 1970 – 2021: hip-hop giant who shone brightest in the darknessSpeaking to NME about his love for DMX, Andre spoke of using one of the rapper’s tracks in his new movie Bad Trip, which finished editing in 2019.
“I’ve been lis
- Nick Cave has given a fan advice on how to tackle self doubt in a new ‘Red Hand Files’ letter.READ MORE: Nick Cave & Warren Ellis – ‘Carnage’ review: the peak of their powersReplying to a letter Cave received from a fan asking if he suffered from self-doubt, Cave said: “The answer is yes, very much so.”
He continued: “My self-doubt tends to manifest itself in sudden, hot rushes of embarrassment, and usually emerges alongside a loss of play
- Busta Rhymes reunites with his “I Know What You Want” co-star Mariah Carey in the cinematic video for their new duet, “Where I Belong.” The clip, which intersperses performance clips of the dynamic duo singing the song’s wistful hook with graphic novel-style animated clips of ninjas battling, is a sequel of sorts to the visual for the pair’s beloved 2002 hit “Want.”
“I live for the ‘nostalgia’ of this new collaboration with my fri
- Napster Group appointed Emmy Lovell to the newly created role of chief strategy officer. She will report to CEO and founder Anthony Matchett, driving the strategic direction and growth of the company.
“Emmy’s wealth of industry experience is going to be a real asset to Napster,” said Matchett. “She truly values the importance of musicians and their craft and is a champion for artist rights and compensation. We’re thrilled to welcome Emmy to the team and I look
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!