Prince Harry has added his voice to the backlash over comments Joe Rogan made about the COVID vaccine. “The issue is in today’s world with misinformation endemic; you’ve got to be careful about what comes out of your mouth,” the Prince told the hosts of the Armchair Expert podcast. Prince Harry’s comments about Joe Rogan […]
The post Prince Harry to Joe Rogan on COVID Vaccines – “Stay Out Of It” appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Muse fans have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the much-anticipated release of the band’s 20th anniversary remix of their seminal album ‘Origin Of Symmetry’ today (Friday, June 18).
Released in 2001, the band’s second album contained the singles ‘Plug In Baby’, ‘New Born’, ‘Bliss’, ‘Hyper Music’ and ‘Feeling Good’, and saw the Devon trio’s cult fanbase explode on their route to stadium star
- Notting Hill Carnival will be “off the streets” in 2021 as the event cancels its upcoming edition due to ongoing COVID-19 worries.
It will be the second year running that the legendary August bank holiday celebration has been cancelled, with its 2020 edition being the first carnival to be cancelled in 50 years.READ MORE: Music venue bosses “numb and frustrated” with £36million set to be lost as June 21 reopening delayed by a monthIn a statement confirming the 2021 c
- Wiz Khalifa has been confirmed to play Parliament leader George Clinton in a new Casablanca Records biopic.
As reported by Deadline, Spinning Gold, a film about Casablanca Records chief Neil Bogart, is currently in production.
The film will chart the rise of the Bogart’s Buddah and Casablanca labels during the 1960s and 1970s.
The latter put out the majority of Parliament‘s records during the 1970s. Deadline has reported that the film’s soundtrack will include new covers of cla
- K-pop boyband SEVENTEEN have released the video for ‘Ready To Love’, from their brand-new mini-album ‘Your Choice’.READ MORE: SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi reveals the inspiration behind ‘Spider’The pastel-hued clip, which dropped today (June 18), features the 13-member group on various floral-themed sets – many featuring phrases such as “you are my escape” and “we used to be friends” in the background – as they perform the EDM-in
- IDLES have shared a brand new song – listen to ‘Sodium’ below.
The new track appears on the soundtrack for DC‘s Dark Nights: Death Metal, released by DC Comics as a tie in for the comic book series of the same name.READ MORE: IDLES on the cover: “Loads of people don’t fucking like us”The soundtrack, out today (June 18) via DC/Loma Vista, also features contributions from IDLES, Soccer Mommy, and the late Chester Bennington‘s band Grey
- Jack Savoretti opens up on having Nile Rodgers and John Oates appear on his new album 'Europhiana'.
- 'Sweet Dreams' hitmaker Alan Walker reveals why he revived Eurodance classic 'Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)' for his latest track.
- Notting Hill Carnival 2021 will not go ahead as originally intended 'on the streets due to the ongoing uncertainty and risk COVID-19 poses'.
- The father of one of the victims of the Manchester Arena bombings says the 22 people murdered were “failed on every level”.
Hundreds were injured and 22 killed when a suicide bomber detonated a homemade explosive device in the Arena foyer at the end of Ariana Grande‘s show at the venue on May 22, 2017.
A public inquiry into the attacks began last September, with the report’s chairman Sir John Saunders saying that bomber Salman Abedi should have been identified as a threat
- Sheerios now have another bite of Ed Sheeran’s “Bad Habits.”
The British singing star’s new single isn’t due to drop for another week, but we got another early taste, thanks to a new preview streaming on TikTok.
It’s a pounding pop number, and a major shift from Sheeran’s troubadour style. “Bad Habits” just might be made for clubland.
The snippet, a three-day exclusive on TikTok, follows a teaser and the release of a short video of him p
- BLACKPINK’s Lisa is reportedly set to release new music next month.READ MORE: Watch iKON cover BLACKPINK’s ‘Pretty Savage’, featuring LisaDuring a recent episode of the MBC reality show Hangout with Yoo, host Yoo Jae-suk brought up Lisa, as well as girl group Lovelyz, while listing artists that would be making a comeback in July. The K-pop idols’ respective agencies, YG Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment, have yet to confirm the releases.
Yoo mentioned the arti
- Logic has returned today with new song ‘Intro’, the first song he’s dropped since he officially ended his retirement.
The arrival of ‘Intro’ comes just a day after the rapper posted a brief statement on social media: “I’m back.”
The post appeared to pay homage to Michael Jordan’s 1995 “I’m back announcement” which confirmed his NBA return.
‘Intro’ comes in at just under 2 minutes in length, ending with Logic
- The star admits the experience has made her more cautious about love
- The singer has said she "chooses forgiveness"
- Olivia Rodrigo makes it a full month at No. 1 on Australia’s two main charts.
The U.S. teen phenomenon clocks up a fourth consecutive chart double as Sour (Interscope/Universal) retains top spot on the ARIA Albums Chart and “Good 4 U” continues to dominate the national singles survey.
Sour holds off a flying Butterfly 3000 (Virgin/Universal), the latest album from the prolific Melbourne psychedelic rock outfit King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Butterfly 3000 debuts at No
- Rap star Saweetie admits there's a negative side to being famous.
- Natalie Imbruglia has released a new single, 'Build It Better', and she is to drop 'Firebird', her first album in six years, on September 24th.
- Nipsey Hussle has been announced as one of a select few musicians to be honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this year.READ MORE: Nipsey Hussle, 1985-2019 – a musician who gave a voice to the voiceless and changed the face of indie rapHussle is one of eight acts in the ‘Recording’ category to be honoured in 2022, with the likes of DJ Khaled, Avril Lavigne, Black Eyed Peas, George Clinton, Ashanti, Los Huracanes Del Norte and Martha Reeves.
38 people in total
- Brave Girls have revealed what they thought when they heard their latest single ‘Chi Mat Ba Ram’ for the first time.READ MORE: OH MY GIRL on their growth: “We’ve told our story from various perspectives and situations”During a June 17 press conference for their latest mini-album ‘Summer Queenthe ’, girl group talked about their latest single, success of their viral hit ‘Rollin’’ and future goals. The quartet also spoke about the project
- ‘Lane Switcha’, a collaboration between Skepta and the late Pop Smoke from the Fast & Furious 9 soundtrack, has been released.READ MORE: A year after his death, Pop Smoke’s influence lives on in drill scenes across the globeThe track is a star-studded affair, with additional verses from both A$AP Rocky and Juicy J, and Project Pat handling the song’s chorus. It also features production from Internet Money‘s Taz Taylor, Cxdy and OK Tanner.
Listen to &ls
- The Queen of Soul might have left us, but she’ll never be forgotten.
Aretha Franklin’s great career and irrepressible talents will be in focus for the biopic Respect, the soundtrack for which will feature the sole original, “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home).”
“Here I Am” is cowritten by Jennifer Hudson and Carole King, two Grammy Award-winning powerhouses whose own careers are intertwined with Franklin’s.The Detroit native’s 1967 career-defining cov
- Britney Spears has revealed that she’s unsure if she’ll ever take to the stage again in a new video posted to Instagram.READ MORE: Framing Britney Spears: what happens now in the pop star’s conservatorship fight?Spears answered questions that were apparently sent in by fans on the platform, including one asking if she feels ready to perform again, or if she’ll ever do so.
“I have no idea,” Spears answered. “I’m having fun right now. I’m
- Vince Staples has returned, announcing a new self-titled album will arrive next month, and sharing lead single ‘Law of Averages’.
The Kenny Beats-produced record will follow Staples’ 2018 album ‘FM!’, and will be released on July 9 via Blacksmith Recordings/Motown Records.
“It really gives much more information about me that wasn’t out there before. That’s why I went with that title. I feel like I’ve been trying to tell the same story,”
- What a year it’s been for H.E.R.
The American singer and songwriter (real name Gabriella Wilson) pulled off one of the biggest surprises of the 2021 Academy Awards when she won the best song Oscar for “Fight for You.”Earlier, she scooped song of the year (for “I Can’t Breathe”) and best R&B song (“Better Than I Imagined”) at the Grammy Awards. The 2021 Bet Awards are still to come, and H.E.R. will be on stage at least once. Guaranteed.
All of i
- Courtney Barnett has announced a sprawling North American headline tour, hitting 23 cities throughout the last weeks of 2021 and first two months of 2022.READ MORE: The Big Read – Courtney Barnett: “My goal? To make people realise they’re not so alone”The tour will feature a changing roster of support acts. Bartees Strange is scheduled to appear at the 2021 dates in Arizona, California and Washington. For the 2022 dates, Barnett will alternate between shows with Shamir an
- R. Kelly is to stand trial on sex crime charges.
- Alternative rock star Phoebe Bridgers and rap duo Run the Jewels were the top winners at the 10th annual A2IM Libera Awards, which were presented Thursday (June 17). The awards, now in their 10th year, celebrate the independent recorded music sector.
Both acts won three awards. Bridgers took record of the year and best alternative rock record for Punisher and best live/livestream act. Run the Jewels won best hip-hop/rap record for RTJ4, best sync usage for “Ooh LA LA” (from season 3
- Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia is back in a big way, marking her return to music with the announcement of her first album in six years, titled ‘Firebird’.
Imbruglia shared news of the forthcoming project on her social media along with the first single ‘Build It Better’, two years after signing with Sony BMG and hinting at new material.
An uplifting taste of what’s to come, the piano-led ‘Build It Better’ feels quintessentially Imbruglia, driving hom
Amythyst Kiah on Her Powerful New Album ‘Wary + Strange’: ‘I’m What I Needed to See When I Was Younger’For a significant portion of her career as a singer-songwriter, Amythyst Kiah was a Black woman from Chattanooga imprisoned by her passionate, queer human desires and the closet in which they were trapped. Alcohol abuse and depression clouded her mind even further.
But her new album Wary + Strange, out Friday on Rounder Records, is a raw, crystal-clear statement of Black power and gay pride that is intensely personal, yet also speaks directly to America’s current sociopolitical momen
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!