Power attorney Joel Katz, former founding chairman of Greenberg Traurig’s global entertainment and media practice, has joined Barnes & Thornburg. He will continue to be based in Atlanta as senior counsel for the firm’s entertainment, media and sports practice.
“Mr. Katz has a distinguished 50-year legal career representing numerous well-known artists, producers, record labels, prominent organizations in the music industry, and Fortune 500 companies,” a Barnes & Th
- Bebe Rexha has announced details of her forthcoming second album, ‘Better Mistakes’.
The New York singer-songwriter revealed the record’s title, artwork and release date of May 7 on her official social media channels. She later posted to confirm that her new single ‘Sabotage’ will be arriving tomorrow (April 16).READ MORE: Bebe Rexha: Meet The Woman Secretly In Charge Of Pop“One more surprise since it doesn’t seem like you all can wait any longer fo
- Lanky Saturday Night Live and The King of Staten Island star Pete Davidson has been tapped to portray punk icon Joey Ramone in Netflix’s upcoming I Slept With Joey Ramone biopic. The news about the film honoring the lead singer of New York punk godfathers The Ramones was announced on Thursday (April 15), the 20th anniversary of Ramone’s death at age 49 after a seven-year battle with lymphoma.
Netflix and STXfilms are developing and producing the film from a treatment written by David
- Rolling Loud festival will return to Miami for the first time since 2019. The hip-hop festival usually occurs in May, but will move to July 23-25 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Producers for Rolling Loud said they intend to keep as much of the 2020 lineup as possible. Headliners for last year’s lineup included Post Malone and A$AP Rocky.
“We can’t wait to reunite together in the pits we’ve all grown to love (and miss) so much,” producers said in a
- Pete Davidson is set to play Joey Ramone in Netflix biopic I Slept With Joey Ramone.
The film will be directed by Jason Orley, who worked with Davidson on Big Time Adolescence and Pete Davidson: Alive from New York and will be based on Ramone’s brother Mickey Leigh’s memoir of the same name.READ MORE: ‘The King Of Staten Island’ review: Pete Davidson bares his soul in a raw comedy inspired by childhood lossI Slept With Joey Ramone will be produced
- Tiësto loves Las Vegas and it all started two decades ago when he first played Baby’s Nightclub at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. In those days, the pioneering EDM artist was spinning vinyl to 300 people.
“I didn’t even have a phone back then,” says the Dutch DJ in an exclusive interview with Billboard.
For the last seven years, Tiësto called Hakkasan Nightclub at MGM Grand home — he even
- Lizzo’s long been outspoken about loving your body and normalizing larger shapes, but she’s got a gripe with how the body-positivity movement’s been going.
“Please use the body positivity movement to empower yourself,” she captioned a recent TikTok video on the topic. “But we need to protect and uplift the bodies it was created for and by.”
The “Truth Hurts” singer went into detail in her passionate video. “Now that body positivity has
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
While listening to Brockhampton’s new album Roadrunner: New Light, New Machine, grab the band’s go-to snack.
The group teamed up with vegan cult-favorite restaurant Monty’s Good Burger for a four-piece capsule collection and two limited edition shakes, with a portion of proceeds going toward L.A. Animal Services.
The shakes, fittingly ca
Keith Urban says he was Christmas shopping when Taylor Swift enlisted him for ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’Keith Urban has said that he was midway through last minute Christmas shopping when Taylor Swift asked him to feature on her new, re-recorded version of 2008’s ‘Fearless’.READ MORE: Taylor Swift’s new ‘Fearless’ is a success, but beware the dangers of the re-record“I’m at the shopping mall doing my Christmas shopping and I get a text from Taylor saying, ‘I’ve got these couple of songs I’d like you to sing on, do you want to hear t
- Back in early April 2020, Billboard reached out to eight young artists whose budding careers screeched to a halt by the COVID-19 pandemic, which had just caused the entire world to go into lockdown mode. At that time so much was unknown: how long would the novel coronavirus be with us and when we would be allowed to go out again? What would concerts look like once it was over and would the promised vaccine make everything normal again?
The artists we spoke to — who ranged from unsigne
- Mick Jagger has announced that he is selling an art piece built around his new solo track ‘Eazy Sleazy’ as an NFT (non-fungible token) to raise funds for beleaguered independent music venues.READ MORE: Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl’s coronabanger ‘Eazy Sleazy’ is lockdown in a songThe surprise track from the Rolling Stones frontman sees him collaborating with Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl and was shared on YouTube earlier this week (April 13), having been penned
Lali, Sebastian Yatra, Pablo Alboran, & More Bring Light Amid Pandemic in ‘Himno a La Alegria’ VideoBringing some light and hope during the global pandemic, more than 40 artists, athletes and actors have joined forces in “Himno a la Alegria,” Billboard can share.
Artists who participate in the star-studded song include Aitana, Alejandro Lerner, Alejandro Sanz, Alessia Cara, Alex Ubago, Ana Mena, Andrés Calamaro, Andrés Dvicio, Antonio José, Antonio Orozco, Brian May, Camilo, Carlos Rivera, David Bisbal, Dulce Pontes, Draco, Fher Olvera (Maná), India Mart
- Manager Andrew Gertler unveiled on Thursday (April 15) the newest division of his AG Artists: Permanent Arts, an NFT artist management and creative venture. In addition to representing visual artists, including 18-year-old painter and NFT act Fewocious, Permanent Arts will also support and invest in NFT-related projects and companies, IP and digital art, and collectibles.
Permanent Arts is the latest addition to the quickly expanding AG Artists, which includes an investment arm, AG Ventures, and
- Baby Queen has shared her latest single in the form of ‘Dover Beach’. You can watch the video, filmed at the location of the same name, below.READ MORE: Baby Queen: pop newcomer offering support in difficult, digital worldThe buoyant new single is inspired by Baby Queen’s trip there last year, a location she’d long wished to visit.
“In school I was obsessed with this poem called ‘Dover Beach’ by Matthew Arnold and I always wanted to visit the Dover
- The likes of Jay-Z, Nas and Diddy have all joined forces to declare their support for Ray McGuire, who is vying for the Democratic Party nomination in New York’s forthcoming mayoral election.
McGuire faces stiff competition from favourite Andrew Yang ahead of the Democratic Primary on June 22, but he has now received high profile support in a new video.
As well as the aforementioned rappers, music executive and businessman Steve Stoute and radio personality Angie Martinez are among those t
- Warner Music Group (WMG) and Spotify have agreed to an “innovative podcast development deal” that will see them jointly create “a series of original podcasts built around WMG’s vast and diverse artists’ and songwriters’ catalogs.” Manhattan-headquartered Warner Music Group and Stockholm-based Spotify detailed their podcast-focused development deal in a formal release this morning. The leading […]
The post Warner Music Group, Spotify Ink ‘Inn
Courtney Love, Chris Carrabba & More to Perform at ‘Adam Schlesinger: A Musical Celebration’ LivestreamAn all-star lineup of rock and pop musicians have signed on for the virtual “Adam Schlesinger: A Music Celebration,” taking place on May 5.
The tribute to the late Emmy-winning Fountains of Wayne/Ivy singer/bassist, who died at 52 from coronavirus complications on April 1, 2020, will feature a wide-ranging group of performers playing songs from his catalog of original pop nuggets led by his FoW bandmate guitarist Jody Porter.
Among the performers filmed at New York’s Bowery Ele
- On “Seven Years,” Alexa Ray Joel’s new pop single, she celebrates the many highs and occasional lows that come from her long-term relationship.
Inspired by her fiance Ryan Gleason, the lush piano ballad, premiering below, is filled with sweet slices of life drawn from the couple’s true story. The rich, detailed lyrics play out over the building melody that sounds straight out of a Broadway musical. The similarity is not a coincidence, says the native New Yorker.
- In late 2020, Elvira Anderfjärd was posed a question.
“It came through my publishers, and was like, ‘Do you want to try this? If you can deliver, then you’ve got it,'” she tells Billboard. “I guess I delivered.”
The Swedish producer and songwriter was, in fact, asked to deliver one of the most high-profile remixes imaginable when presented with Taylor Swift’s “Willow.” Taking the stems of the song into her Stockholm studio and
- via music-news.comKim Kardashian filed for divorce in February.
- Not everyone gets a second chance in life, but 10 lucky American Idol contestants from season 18 have accepted an invitation from the show’s executive producers to sing on the big Idol stage and compete for a chance to join season 19’s top 10.
The Monday, Aug. 19 episode will mark the first time last year’s finalists will be performing in the Idol dome at CBS Television City in Los Angeles, since they had to sing from their homes in 2020 because of COVID restrictions.Billboard
London Grammar’s Hannah Reid Stands Her Ground on New Album ‘Californian Soil’: ‘You Can’t Censor Yourself’London Grammar fans might sense a shift in the trio’s sound based on the first few singles released from Californian Soil, the U.K. group’s third studio album, arriving April 16.
Californian Soil still contains the simmering tension of their first two releases (2013’s If You Wait and 2017’s Truth is a Beautiful Thing), but there is a new sense of urgency and authority in the latest work from Hannah Reid, Dot Major and Dan Rothman.
Reid’s haunting vocals re
- Pooh Shiesty made his television debut Wednesday night (April 14) on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, performing the lead single from his Shiesty Season mixtape, “Back In Blood.”
Later joined by Chicago rapper Lil Durk, the Billboard Hip-Hop and R&B Rookie of the Month emerged next to a classic Buick model, donning an Off-White hoodie, his pant pockets filled with stacks of bills.
“Back In Blood,” which peaked at no. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 and no. 2 o
- Ingrid Michaelson and Zayn dropped a surprise sultry duet, “To Begin Again,” on Wednesday (March 17), in which the pair sing about a reboot following a near-apocalypse.
Update: On Thursday (April 15), they followed up with an official music video for the collab. “I wanted to create a love letter to my city. To celebrate the hope that is slowly coming back to the people of New York. And to remind people all over the world that we are stronger when we work and rejoice togeth
- Jokia’s launch single “Yahweh” ascends 4-1 on Billboard’s Gospel Airplay chart dated April 17. In the week ending April 11, the song gained by 20% in plays, according to MRC Data.
The song was solo authored by the 22-year-old Jokia, who hails from Killeen, Texas. It was released on her own label, Jokia Music.
“Seeing ‘Yahweh’ at No. 1 is just one of the many small reminders that God is with me,” Jokia tells Billboard. “Being an independent ar
- The Black Keys have shared new track ‘Crawling Kingsnake’, the first track to arrive from their new blues covers album, ‘Delta Kream’.
The Ohio duo – comprised of Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney – will drop the 11-track collection on May 14, marking their first release since their ninth studio record ‘Let’s Rock’ (2019).
‘Crawling Kingsnake’ sees the pair delivering their take on the original track by Big Joe Williams, w
- Kelly Clarkson paid tribute to a fellow pop powerhouse during the Thursday (April 15) episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show when she took on Christina Aguilera’s “What A Girl Wants.”
Accompanied by her band Y’all and drenched in neon blue lights, Clarkson wasted no time, skipping the intro and jumping into the first verse of Xtina’s 1999 hit.
“I wanna thank you for giving me time to breathe/ Like a rock you waited so patiently/ While I got it together, hmm/
- When Peach County, Georgia flight nurse Britta Thomason recently revealed in an interview that she’s a hard-core Swiftie, she had no idea that the news would result in a handwritten note and bulging gift box from her favorite singer.
“I mentioned in a recent news article with The Telegraph & macon.com that I am a big Taylor Swift fan…and this showed up at work today!!,” Thomason wrote in a Facebook post on Tuesday (April 13).
“I’ve always seen videos of h
- Fyre Festival has reached a settlement with 277 aggrieved ticket holders of the infamous 2017 Bahamian event, awarding each of them $7,220 payouts. The settlement between the ticket holders and the trustee of Fyre festival assets was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Southern District of New York on Tuesday.
“It’s a small but significant step for ticket holders who were defrauded and had their lives up ended as a result of the fraudulent conduct by [Fyre founder Billy] McFarland
- Chinese music and entertainment giant Tencent Music Entertainment (TME) announced a slate of leadership changes today (April 15), including promoting Ross Liang to CEO and installing outgoing chief Cussion Pang as executive chairman of TME’s board.
Liang formerly served as vice president of Tencent Holdings Limited, where he oversaw the company’s owned online music and social platforms including QQ and Qzone; and prior to that, general manager of QQ Music. In his new role,
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!