Anderson .Paak has announced he’s releasing a new single tomorrow (June 19) titled ‘Lockdown’.
Read more: Anderson .Paak live in Birmingham: a performance masterclass and a moving tribute to Mac Miller
The Aftermath musician took to Instagram earlier today (June 18) to share two pieces of artwork along with the caption: “Dropping Juneteenth #LockDown.”
In the first of the two images, .Paak is seen sporting a face mask while holding a sign that reads, “The peop
- Britney Spears returned to Instagram after a brief hiatus recently, and she’s back to sharing some of her selfies.
Friday night (Sept. 24), the pop star posted a pair of pictures of herself in which she’s seen sweetly gazing up at the camera. With a floral crop top and her hair pulled half back, Spears’ look in the snapshots apparently reminded her of some old photos — her yearbook pictures.
“These pics look like my high school yearbook pics … kinda cheesy bu
BTS Brings ‘Permission to Dance’ to Global Citizen, Joins Coldplay Virtually for ‘My Universe’ PerformanceBTS kicked off the 2021 Global Citizen Festival with a feel-good performance of “Permission to Dance” from Seoul.
The group took part in this year’s live event — which aims to raise awareness and spark global change — on Saturday (Sept. 25). Global Citizen featured countless artists performing across several continents this weekend.
In New York City, where a star-studded lineup took the stage in Central Park as part of the festivities, Coldplay’s set featured
- Bring Me The Horizon took to The O2 in London tonight (September 26) for the final night of their ‘POST HUMAN’ tour.READ MORE: Bring Me The Horizon tell us about the addiction-tackling “future emo” of new single ‘DiE4u’The Sheffield rock giants – along with You Me At Six and Nova Twins – have been on the road for the past seven days, starting in Hull last Monday (September 20) and taking in Glasgow, Cardiff, Sheffield, Birmingham, as well as tonigh
- Olivia Rodrigo took a daring plunge with her latest gala ensemble, a sophisticated black evening gown with a dramatically deep neckline.
Rodrigo was in attendance Saturday night (Sept. 25) to celebrate the anticipated Sept. 30 opening of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures in Los Angeles. Lady Gaga, Cher, Jennifer Hudson and Katy Perry were among the other music stars (joining a list of notable actors, filmmakers and more in glamorous style) to make appearances for the unveiling of the movie m
- George Clinton has announced his final UK tour set to take place in spring 2022 – see the full list of dates below.
The Parliament-Funkadelic legend announced his retirement from the road almost two years ago, but due to the coronavirus pandemic his UK farewell tour was put on hold.
“This has been coming a long time,” Clinton said in a statement at the time. “Anyone who has been to the shows over the past couple of years has noticed that I’ve been out front les
- An Australian cyclist has celebrated the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ by recreating the famous cover art using GPS tracking.READ MORE: Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ at 30: a track-by-track guide from your favourite musiciansPete Stokes, a national parks project manager, cycled about 150km on a single-speed bike through the streets of Adelaide, using exercise tracker Strava to sketch the outline of the swimming baby featured on the 1991 album’s
- Universal’s Dear Evan Hansen sang off-key in its big-screen debut with a $7.5 million second-place finish as superhero sensation Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings continued to top the domestic chart in its fourth weekend upon earning another $13.3 million.
Additionally, Shang-Chi became the top-grossing pic of the pandemic era in North America, a record previously held by fellow Marvel Studios title Black Widow ($183.4 million). The Marvel and Disney tentpole finished Sunday with a
- BTS and Coldplay’s collaboration “My Universe” has topped this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (Sept. 24) on Billboard, choosing the team-up between the K-pop group and British rock band as their favorite new music release of the past week.
“My Universe” brought in 86% of the vote, beating out new music by G-Eazy (These Things Happen Too), Karol G (“Sejodioto”), Giveon (“For Tonight”), YoungBoy Never B
- Machine Gun Kelly got into a physical confrontation with fan at Louder Than Life festival this weekend – see footage from the incident below.READ MORE: Machine Gun Kelly: “I’ve been jumping up and down on the table, believing in myself, for-fucking-ever”The rapper turned pop punker headlined the Louisville, Kentucky festival yesterday (September 25), however footage from the metal-leaning event appears to show that not everyone was happy with his top billing, with so
- Banda Sinaloense MS de Sergio Lizárraga (Banda MS) visited the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fla., just 20 miles away from Miami, with their “Positivo” tour on Saturday night (Sept. 25).
The three-hour concert kicked off at 9 p.m. with their viral hit “La Casita,” which on TikTok has garnered over 250,000 video creations at the time of publishing.
“It’s been a tough year but we always have to learn how to turn the page,” lead singer Oswaldo “
- Drake’s Certified Lover Boy rules the Billboard 200 albums chart for a third consecutive and total week, as the set earned 171,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 23 (down 28%), according to MRC Data. The album opened atop the list two weeks ago with the year’s biggest week for an album: 613,000 units.
With a third week at No. 1, Certified has the total most weeks atop the list for an R&B/hip-hop effort in over a year, since Lil Baby’s My Turn sp
- The Darkness have shared a brand new track called ‘Jussy’s Girl’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Justin Hawkins, The DarknessIt’s the third track to be previewed from the band’s upcoming new album, ‘Motorheart’, following the LP’s title track last month, and ‘Nobody Can See Me Cry’.
Speaking about the ’80s rock-inspired number, frontman Justin Hawkins
- J Balvin, Megan Thee Stallion, A$AP Rocky and Bleachers were some of the acts who rocked the stage for day two of Governors Ball 2021 in New York on Saturday (Sept. 25). Other artists on the lineup included Phoebe Bridgers, King Princess, Aminé and Pink Sweat$.
According to organizers, 50,000 people attended each day of the three-day event, pointing to a hopeful return to concerts and live performances after more than a year
- Some of today’s biggest stars, activists and advocacy organizations came together on Saturday (Sept. 25) to raise awareness and spark global change at the annual Global Citizen Festival.
Billboard was at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, where Stevie Wonder, Adam Lambert, Chloe x Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., Migos, OneRepublic, Ozuna, The Lumineers and 5 Seconds of Summer took the stage to perform and rally citizens across the planet to demand that governments, major corporations
- Elton John joined the worldwide Global Citizen Live event yesterday, performing a string of hits and delivering a strong message on COVID vaccinations.READ MORE: Mark, My Words: I’ve made a vow to Be More Elton – and you should tooThe charity gigs, which aim to “unite the world to defend the planet and defeat poverty,” took place in numerous cities across the world during a 24-hour broadcast and livestream yesterday (September 25).
In Paris, Sir Elton treated his aud
- via music-news.comThe Official Chart: First Look offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s Official Singles Chart Top 100. The chart is based on preliminary sales and early streaming reports.
- Latin music has a new power couple after Rosalia and Rauw Alejandro officially confirmed their relationship on social media.
On Friday (Sept. 24), the new “it” couple first shared a TikTok video together on Rosalia’s account, where they are seen making a heart gesture with their arms. On Rosalia’s 28th birthday (Sept. 25), both artists shared never-before-seen photos on Instagram.
“BlisssssSSSS, Libra, and blessed,” the Spanish singer-songwriter posted al
- Festival-goers get revenge on MGK a week after he called Slipknot "old weird dudes with masks"
- via music-news.comMark Knight joins The Rebecca Judd Show on Apple Music 1 for a special Throwback Takeover, playing some of his favourite tunes
- BTS and Coldplay are giving fans an inside look at their new collaboration “My Universe.”
On Sunday (Sept. 26), the K-pop group and British rock band shared a behind-the-scenes documentary on YouTube about the making of “My Universe.” The 13-minute clip begins with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin discussing the origins of the song and features interviews with members of BTS, as well as in-studio footage of the recording process.
“About 18 months ago, I got a message
- Rocker also "baptizes" U.K. outpost's "Blue Basement" with set of White Stripes, solo tracks
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of Shirley Bassey‘s ‘Goldfinger’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, The Prodigy, Guns N’ Roses, Alice Cooper and more
- This was a Farm Aid like none other.
More than three decades after Willie Nelson launched music’s longest-running concert for a cause, to support the family farmers who feed the nation, and one year after the pandemic forced a livestreaming of the event, Farm Aid returned in person Saturday (Sept. 25) at the Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, Conn.
“So much has changed since we last gathered at Farm Aid in 2019,” Nelson said in a statement before the show. “We’ve all seen
Margo Price Wows the Crowd, Speaks Out on Range of Topics at Farm Aid’s Return: ‘We’ve Got to Have Hope’As Farm Aid made its in-person return at the Xfinity Theatre in Hartford, Conn., on Saturday (Sept. 25), Margo Price took the stage — as she has every year of the festival since 2016, including last year’s livestreamed show — and wowed the crowd with her mix of Americana poetry and pure bad-ass energy.
In front of a photo backdrop of a field of wildflowers, dressed in a brown fringed dress, Price turned to her band, then peeled out with “Letting Me Down,” “Fou
- "He [taught] me a lesson that nothing is more important than the people and giving back is always better than receiving," singer says at Black Music Action Coalition's Music in Action award show
- Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo and many more lead Central Park portion of 24-hour global event
- Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr have shared two new tracks from their James Bond No Time To Die score – hear them below.
The tracks come ahead of the UK release of the long-awaited 007 film next week (September 30) and follows last year’s ‘No Time To Die’ title track, written with and performed by Billie Eilish.READ MORE: No Time To Die: Johnny Marr praises Billie Eilish after collaborating on Bond theme“The countdown for #NoTimeToDie is on,” Zimmer wrote on Insta
- Lorde joined the worldwide Global Citizen Live event yesterday, performing ‘Solar Power’ and delivering a strong message on climate change.
The charity gigs, which aim to “unite the world to defend the planet and defeat poverty,” took place in numerous cities across the world during a 24-hour broadcast and livestream yesterday (September 25).READ MORE: Lorde: “I feel like I can see my world and myself a lot clearer now”In the New York leg, Coldplay w
- Book vending machines. Secret shows. Limited-edition collectibles. How the venerated Nashville label brought their record store to the UK
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!