- More and more, drones are being employed to survey and inspect areas that are either too difficult or too dangerous for humans to explore themselves.
- Sweden's Ericsson on Wednesday reported first-quarter core earnings above market estimates as strong 5G equipment sales offset a loss of royalty income due to a patent fight with Samsung Electronics .
- Amazon.com Inc said it is rolling out biometric technology at its Whole Foods stores around Seattle starting on Wednesday, letting shoppers pay for items with a scan of their palm.
Instagram Adds Filter to Tackle Hate Speech, Will Stop Blocked Contacts From Connecting via New AccountsFacebook's Instagram is rolling out a feature to prevent users from viewing possibly abusive messages by filtering offensive words, phrases and emojis on the photo-sharing app.
- Tecno Spark 7P has silently been launched by the Chinese company just days after the debut of the Tecno Spark 7. The new phone features a 90Hz display and comes with a MediaTek Helio G70 SoC.
- Researchers say the characteristics are similar to that of stegosaur footprints, with three short, wide and round toe impressions
- Poco M2 Reloaded has been launched in India. The phone is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC and it features a quad rear camera setup. The phone packs a 5,000mAh battery on board.
Sony Bravia X75 Ultra-HD HDR Smart Android TV Series Launched in India, Priced at Rs. 59,990 OnwardsSony has launched the Bravia X75 series of televisions in India, with prices starting at Rs. 59,990 for the 43-inch variant. The new 4K TVs go on sale in India on April 21.
- All citizens aged above 18 will be eligible for vaccination starting May 1. MyGovIndia has tweeted that phase 3 will begin on May 1, and registrations for vaccination will begin soon through the CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app.
- Poco M2 Reloaded comes with MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor and carries a price tag of Rs 9,499. The smartphone features a 6.53-inch full HD+ screen with 2340x1080 pixel resolution. The phone’s display is layered with 2.5D glass on top.
- In India, the price of the 11-inch iPad Pro starts at Rs 71,900 and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro can be purchased at a starting price of Rs 99,900. Wonder what is that you get by spending Rs 28,000? Read on to find out what is the same and what is not in the two new iPad Pro models.
- Chinese technology giant Huawei is no longer on the list of top five smartphone companies globally, according to the latest report by research firm Strategy Analytics. Despite being banned by former US President Donald Trump in 2019 and barred from accessing critical technology of US origin, Huawei managed to retain its spot among the leading smartphone brands of the world due to the sale in its home country China.
- Polaroid has unveiled what it claims is the world’s smallest analog instant camera, the Polaroid Go, and it launches just days after Fujifilm's Instax Mini 40.
- Apple finally launched the much-awaited AirTags at its Spring Loaded event. However, the debut of Apple AirTags was not liked by Tile, the popular brand in this segment.
- A message circulating on WhatsApp groups claims to turn WhatsApp in Pink colour. Users are warned as experts say that this is a malicious message with a virus link. Clicking on the link will hack users’ phones and they could lose access to their WhatsApp account.
- Apple support page reveals that Apple AirTags launched on Tuesday, April 20 can also be found using Android devices. However, the all-new AirTags trackers need to be registered using an iOS device.
- Samsung Galaxy A22 purported case renders have been leaked online to suggest the design of the upcoming phone. The renders indicate that the smartphone carries triple rear cameras and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Apple AirTags will go on sale from April 30. iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini's new purple colour will be available for pre-orders starting Friday, April 23.
- Apple AirTag trackers will go on sale from April 30. iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini's new purple colour will be available for pre-orders starting Friday, April 23.
- Realme Smart TV 4K 43-inch will be the next TV to join the company’s portfolio that currently includes three models. Realme Smart TV 4K 43-inch will have slim bezels and 4K resolution.
- Apple took wraps off its various products at its Spring Loaded event. Apart from launching new products, the company has also introduced new accessories for iPhone, Apple Watch and iPad. The company has introduced new iPhone cases, Apple Watch straps and Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro.
- Fitnotes, a workout tracker app for Android, has emerged as one of the most popular platforms among fitness enthusiasts, according to a megathread on Reddit. In the thread about fitness-related apps, technological gadgets, and training gear, many people recommend Fitnotes. While some of them felt the app was great because it allowed users to self-analyse data, others ...
- Money Heist season 5, Sex Education season 3, You season 3, and Dhamaka due in H2 2021. The Witcher season 2, Cobra Kai season 4, Red Notice, Escape from Spiderhead slated for Q4 2021.
- Group-IB, a global threat hunting and adversary-centric cyber intelligence company have detected a large-scale scam campaign targeting Facebook Messenger users all over the world.
- TikTok is one of the world's most popular apps -- especially among youngsters -- and has around 100 million users in Europe alone. The COVID-19 pandemic, which shut many children up at home, has helped cement its success.
- Discord wants to focus on building the chat platform and making money from its user base that has grown quickly during the pandemic. A public listing is on the table but not imminent.
- Google will include a new feature in Android 12 to keep your device clean. The feature will be called "app hibernation" and will automatically detect apps that are less used and will put them in an ‘Unused apps’ section.
- Taiwan electronics manufacturer Foxconn is drastically scaling back a planned $10 billion factory in Wisconsin, confirming its retreat from a project that former U.S. President Donald Trump once called "the eighth wonder of the world."
- Meme-based cryptocurrency Dogecoin fell on Tuesday after hitting an all-time high in a wild session that saw supporters of the token once considered a parody use hashtags to fuel a rally until it lost steam.
Vivo Phones With Model Numbers V2066A and V2069A Spotted on TENAA Certification Site, Specifications TippedVivo smartphones with model numbers V2066A and V2069A have been spotted on China’s TENAA certification site. The V2069A is listed with dual-SIM 5G support, Android 11, and a triple rear camera setup. The phone with model number V2066A is listed as a dual-SIM 4G handset that runs Android 11 and packs a dual rear camera setup.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!