- US regulators on Friday said they had found now-defunct British political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica deceived consumers about the collection of Facebook data for voter profiling and targeting.
- Facebook apps have helped businesses in the European Union (EU) generate sales corresponding to an estimated EUR 208 billion last year - resulting in nearly 3.1 million jobs, the social networking giant said in a new report.
- While Pichai cited the possibility that the technology could be used for nefarious purposes as a reason for a moratorium, Brad Smith said a ban was akin to using a meat cleaver instead of a scalpel to solve potential problems.
- The core of massive dying galaxies with more than a trillion stars was formed 1.5 billion years after the Big Bang -- about 1 billion years earlier than previous measurements revealed, reveal astrophysicists.
- Mi Router 4C specifications include 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 that offers speeds of up to 300Mbps, four omni-directional antennae, MT7628N processor, 64MB DDR2 RAM, and 16MB Nor Flash ROM.
- Purported images of the Poco F2 Lite appear via email to a YouTuber. Claimed to have a Snapdragon 865 SoC, 6GB of RAM and a 5,000mAh battery.
- “Voot Select.” Viacom18-owned Voot has landed on a name and logo for its subscription-based offering, as it finally plans to branch out of its ad-supported days as a streaming service. It will go up against the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar (Premium), Zee5, ALTBalaji, SonyLIV, and Eros Now.
- The three-year-old startup has implemented and evaluated the system at the Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata (I-NK) for the last couple of months, Pal claimed.
- Japan is reportedly planning a comprehensive strategy for "post-5G" (6G) technology by 2030 and it is believed that the new technology will be 10-times faster than the current 5G.
- Over half of the new jobs will be in technology, including software engineering and data science, Facebook's vice president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa Nicola Mendelsohn said. Other roles will be in the "community integrity" team, which makes products to detect and remove harmful content from platforms like FB, Messenger, IG and WhatsApp.
- Mi Router 4C specifications include 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 that offers speeds of up to 300Mbps, four omni-directional antennas, MT7628N processor, 64MB DDR2 RAM, and 16MB Nor Flash ROM.
- Amazon and Flipkart Republic Day special sales have entered their last 48 hours. In case you're looking to buy electronics, we've selected the best deals and offers available on Amazon and Flipkart sales today.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite With S Pen Support, 4,500mAh Battery Launched in India: Price, SpecificationsSamsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite has been launched in India, and the phone, as we already know, is a toned down version of the Galaxy Note 10 that was launched late last year.
- Facebook will hire 1,000 people in London this year in roles such as product development and safety as it continues to grow its biggest engineering centre outside the United States after Britain leaves the European Union.
Amazon Great Indian sale: Apple iPhone XR, OnePlus 7T, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, and other smartphones available in deal of the dayAmazon is giving up to 40% off on smartphones from brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and more. There are additional offers on mobiles and other gadgets under the ‘Deal of the Day’ category.
- The men bringing James Dean back to life for a forthcoming film are aiming not just to give his digital likeness a role, but a whole new career.
Jeff Bezos, Shah Rukh Khan, Zoya Akhtar Talk Amazon, Storytelling, Failures, Superstitions, and More: How to WatchLast Friday, on his maiden visit to Mumbai, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos sat down with Shah Rukh Khan and Zoya Akhtar for a roughly forty-minute chat in which they spoke about going to physical stores, the difficulty of good storytelling, the biggest waste of their time, Bezos’ advice for someone starting their career today, and superstition...
- A lawyer for Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou argued on Monday that "double criminality" was at the centre of a trial to decide whether she can be extradited to the United States, a case that has strained relations between Ottawa and Beijing.
- A US judge on Monday gave his nod to Apple's lawsuit against former iPhone chip designer Gerard Williams III.
- Qualcomm has launched the Snapdragon 720G, Snapdragon 662, and Snapdragon 460 mobile platforms aka system-on-chips (SoCs) in India. The new models come with Wi-6 and Bluetooth v5.1 and are designed to support 4G connectivity.
- As per a new leak, the upcoming Oppo Find X2 flagship phone is said to feature a 6.5-inch curved OLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 3168 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel, and Tata Teleservices have filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking modification of its earlier order and permit them to negotiate the payment schedule with the DoT.
- Phones like Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, Huawei Mate 20X 5G, Huawei P30 Lite, Huawei Nova 4e, Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design will receive the update in later months.
- The ISRO said it has successfully completed the three orbit raising manoeuvres of communication satellite GSAT-30 on Monday, which was launched on January 17 onboard Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana.
- Instagram has dropped the IGTV icon from the home screen of the app because not many users were using it. The standalone IGTV app was launched by the company in June 2018.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Said to Offer 65W Fast Charging Support, Mi 10 to Reportedly Pack 108-Megapixel CameraXiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are tipped to make their debut on February 11, and have appeared in multiple leaks so far. Now, fresh crumbs of Mi 10 series leaks have surfaced online. The standard Mi 10 is said to miss out on support for 65W fast charging.
- Samsung’s upcoming foldable phone is rumoured to be called the Galaxy Z Flip, and it is expected to launch on February 11. The phone’s key specifications have been leaked, and the phone is tipped to sport a 12-megapixel main camera and a 10-megapixel front camera.
- Netflix’s most recent original series from India — Jamtara — has been called out for use of a casteist slur aimed at the Dalit community, sparking debate over the use of pejorative terms in the realm of fiction entertainment.
- Fiio’s new M5 high-resolution audio player is an inexpensive and compact device that promises to bring out the best in your budget and mid-range headphones. Here’s our review.
- Logitech, which makes computer peripherals such as keyboards and mouse, said its sales rose 4.4% to $902.7 million in the quarter, edging past analysts' estimates of $900 million, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!