• Bronx man stabbed dead inside home; person of interest questioned, cops say

    Bronx man stabbed dead inside home; person of interest questioned, cops say
    Police in the Bronx are questioning a suspect after a man was found stabbed to death inside a home on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
    According to law enforcement sources, officers from the 40th Precinct rushed to 384 Grand Concourse at around 2:23 p.m. on Nov. 10 after a 911 call reporting that a man had been stabbed.Inside the apartment, the responding officers discovered 35-year-old Kadeem Grant slumped on a coach with multiple stab wounds to his chest.
    EMS pronounced him dead at the scen
  • Four years later: NYPD, Bronx community seek answers almost half a decade after newborn twins were found dead

    Four years later: NYPD, Bronx community seek answers almost half a decade after newborn twins were found dead
    Bronx community members joined with the NYPD this weekend to mourn the loss of two murdered Bronx twins whose bodies were found in shocking fashion four years ago. 
    Nov. 8 marked four years since newborn twins Zeke and Zane were found dead in the trash behind an apartment building on College Avenue in the Claremont section of the Bronx. Despite the passage of time, the memory of what happened still hangs heavy over those who live there, and both residents and detectives vow never to forget.
  • Hochul mulling revival of congestion pricing as Trump’s second term looms, reports say

    Hochul mulling revival of congestion pricing as Trump’s second term looms, reports say
    Gov. Kathy Hochul is reportedly considering reviving congestion pricing, which she paused this summer, as the start of Donald Trump’s second presidential term looms.
    Politico reported that Hochul is weighing her options with the federal Department of Transportation to revive the toll of driving into Manhattan south of 60th Street. Specifically, she is reportedly interested in whether lowering the base toll for motorists from $15 to $9 would require another lengthy environmental assessment.
  • 17-year-old fatally shot in the Bronx in latest act of teen gun violence

    17-year-old fatally shot in the Bronx in latest act of teen gun violence
    Another teenager perished due to gun violence Saturday night, this time in the Bronx, authorities said.
    According to police sources, officers from the 40th Precinct were called to Beekman Avenue and Oak Terrace in Mott Haven at around 7:45 p.m. on Nov. 9 after a 911 call reporting an assault in progress.
    When the officers arrived, they found 17-year-old Xavier Navarez on the ground outside of 601 Oak Terrace with multiple gunshot wounds to his back.
    EMS rushed Navarez to Lincoln Hospital in crit
  • Advertisement

Follow @NY_BronxNews on Twitter!