BTS’ Suga has commented on how labels treat artists, saying pushing them too hard is destroying the music industry.
The rapper praised the group’s label Big Hit Music for “listen[ing] to the artist’s opinions”, and noted that artists aren’t always able to work to the same rate as when they first debuted.READ MORE: BTS’ ‘Permission To Dance’ cements their status as kings of the feel-good summer smash“The way artists work seems so di
- Young pop stars Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo shared a wholesome moment in celebration of Eilish’s new album.
As Eilish’s highly-anticipated Happier Than Ever arrives and Rodrigo’s radio reign continues, photos shared on Instagram show the pair connected at Thursday night’s (July 29) album release party.
“this is where the real love is,” Eilish captured a series of snapshots from that night. In the sixth picture, the “Happier Than Ever” singer c
- Morgan Wallen made a surprise appearance at Luke Bryan’s headlining concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on Friday night (July 30).
Appearing alongside Bryan, Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard during an acoustic segment of the show, the embattled 28-year-old country music star — who was caught on video earlier this year using the N-word — performed his songs “More Than My Hometown” and “Whiskey Glasses” to the roaring
- Chinese-Canadian pop star Kris Wu has been detained on suspicion of rape, police in China have confirmed in a statement.
The former member of K-pop group EXO has been accused of date rape and preying on underage girls by his rumoured 19-year-old ex-girlfriend, Du Meizhu.
The Washington Post reported earlier this month (July 21) that 24 alleged victims had made accusations against Wu, 30, on Chinese social media. He has vehemently denied all allegations.
In a statement posted on Weibo, a Chinese
- "It is important that we ensure the right for EVERY American to vote and vote safely," singer says ahead of Poor People's Campaign march
- A Zydeco musician was shot in the back while performing at an event in central Louisiana, his wife said in a statement posted early Saturday (July 31) on Facebook.
Chris Ardoin was performing as the Friday headliner at Zydeco Bike Fest when he was shot, his wife, Kerri, posted on his official Facebook page at 3:36 a.m.
“Yes, unfortunately tonight he did get shot in the back on his right side while on stage,” she wrote. “Doctors said thankfully he’s a built guy. The bullet
- Taylor Swift rarity ‘Ronan’ will feature on the tracklist of ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’, according to the mother of the boy the pop star wrote it about.
‘Ronan’ was previously released as an iTunes-only song and was about a four-year-old boy called Ronan Thompson, who died from cancer.READ MORE: Taylor Swift’s new ‘Fearless’ is a success, but beware the dangers of the re-recordHis mother Maya was credited as a co-writer on the song,
- From career milestones and new music releases to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week. Here’s what happened in the Latin music world this week.
Bad Bunny Gives Back
In 2020, Bad Bunny joined forces with Cheetos for its “Deja Tu Huella” campaign, a new multi-platform initiative designed to rally the next generation to leave their mark in their culture and to overall, celebrate and help lift up the Latino co
- Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter is set to provide the score for a new ballet called Mythologies, it has been announced.
The project is Bangalter’s first since Daft Punk announced they were parting ways in February 2021.READ MORE: An audience with the robots: an NME writer’s encounter with Daft PunkMythologies will be co-produced by Opéra National de Bordeaux and Ballet Preljocal. It will take place over 90 minutes and will, according to a translation, tackle the &ldquo
- Billie Eilish has opened up about body image again and worrying how people perceive her, saying it’s “such a loss to always try to look good”.
The pop star is known for wearing baggy and oversized clothes, which she previously explained was to try to keep the focus away from her body.READ MORE: Billie Eilish – ‘Happier Than Ever’ review: an artist secures her status as a generational greatSpeaking in a new interview, Eilish discussed people’s insecu
- Chinese-Canadian pop star Kris Wu has been detained by Beijing police on suspicion of rape, police announced Saturday (July 31), following an accusation the former member of the Korean boy band EXO lured young women into sexual relationships.
Wu, 30, earlier was accused by a teenager of having sex with her while she was drunk. Wu denied the accusation.
The teenager said seven other women contacted her to say Wu seduced them with promises of jobs and other opportunities. She said some were under
- Before Tyler, the Creator even took the stage for his headlining set on day two of Lollapalooza — the same day the city reinstated its indoor mask policy, which the festival is adhering to for its few covered spaces — it was clear he was going to put on a show from the props alone: some boulders, a boat, a locked chest and a signpost reading “call me if you get lost,” nodding to his latest studio album.
And when he walked on stage, they multiplied, as the artist — d
- Lorde has shared a new live video of her performing ‘Solar Power’ on a blustery rooftop in New York with Jack Antonoff.
The song is the title track of the star’s upcoming second album and the performance follows another rooftop rendition of it that Lorde performed for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.READ MORE: Lorde’s new song ‘Solar Power’ is a gorgeous, sun-kissed rebirthIn the new video, Lorde and Antonoff – who produced ‘Solar Power &nd
- The Staples Center came back to life on Friday (July 30) after 513 days since the last concert there, thanks to regional Mexican band Grupo Firme, who kicked off their historic run at the Los Angeles arena with their first (of seven) full-capacity, sold-out show.
If it weren’t for the masks on people’s faces, it seemed like any other pre-pandemic night, with crowds congregating outside Staples waiting for doors to open while also getting last-minute group photos before head
- Wallen, who was filmed using a racial slur in February, is met with open arms by Nashville crowd, headliner Bryan and guests Jason Aldean and Tyler Hubbard
- Chicago fest announces remaining two days will require masks in indoor settings
- To celebrate the show's return, we look back at its greatest moments – from Jay-Z to Nirvana
- "Dusty gave me the directive" for band to continue on, Billy Gibbons tells Tuscaloosa audience
- The Weeknd has teased the arrival of the next phase of his career by stripping his Instagram of all content including his profile picture.READ MORE: The biggest moments from The Weeknd’s Super Bowl half-time showThe Canadian singer-songwriter (real name Abel Tesfaye) has been teasing a new phase since the end of his ‘After Hours’ era.
He released his acclaimed fourth studio album, which features the hits ‘Heartless’, ‘Save Your Tears’, and ‘Blindin
- Sublime’s Bud Gaugh has claimed that he had a small hand in Travis Barker joining Blink-182.READ MORE: Blink-182 – ‘Nine’ review: the spiritual follow-up to the classic ‘Untitled’Barker joined the band in 1998, after they fired founding drummer Scott Raynor midway through their summer tour in support of second album ‘Dude Ranch’. According to Gaugh, he foresaw the move and put the idea in Barker’s head.
Speaking in a new interview to celebrat
- West originally premiered the record — which features Lil Baby, Pusha T, Don Toliver, and more — on July 22nd
- Drake has confirmed that his long-awaited sixth album, ‘Certified Lover Boy’, is finally finished and on the way.READ MORE: Drake – ‘Scary Hours 2’ EP review: title defender sounds ready to challenge himself againThe rapper has been teasing the record for some time and was originally scheduled to release it in January 2021. Since postponing that release, Drake has been keeping fans regularly updated on the project.
Earlier this month, Drizzy revealed
- Sir Elton John has postponed the first two weeks of his farewell tour shows until 2023 as he is waiting for Germany to allow full capacity crowds.
- ZZ Top‘s Billy Gibbons has opened up about former bandmate Dusty Hill’s health struggles prior to his death earlier this week.
News of the bassist’s passing was confirmed on Wednesday (July 28) by the group’s longtime rep, who said that Hill died at home in his sleep. No cause of death has yet been revealed.
“We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX,” remaining ZZ Top members Gibbons a
- Joan Armatrading has shared the story of how her Nelson Mandela tribute song 'The Messenger' came to her in a dream.
- Annie Mac said goodbye to her BBC Radio 1 listeners last night (July 30) with her final Future Sounds show, ending her 17-year run at the station.READ MORE: Annie Mac’s bidding farewell to Radio 1 after 17 years. Here’s why we’ll miss herThe DJ announced her departure back in April, explaining that she wanted to devote more time to seeing her children and working on new projects.
Delivering her final link on last night’s show, Mac began by saying that she was do
- Prince told Kat Graham that his favourite artist was himself.
- Billie Eilish boasts over 88 million followers on Instagram.
- 'Everything's Waiting For You' singer Tom Speight will pop Queen Elizabeth on the guestlist for his next London gig.
- Ed Sheeran's new album will both "surprise and comfort" people, according to his manager.
- Not one to shy away from an alt-rock cover, Miley Cyrus recently performed a medley of her song ‘We Can’t Stop’ and the Pixies‘ ‘Where Is My Mind?’ for Chicago’s Lollapalooza.
Headlining day one of the event on Thursday (July 29), Cyrus opened her set with the 2013 single, before blending seamlessly into the Pixies’ 1988 classic. A fan managed to capture the medley in a video, which also shows the number of people gathered at the festival’s f
- Kurt Cobain’s childhood home in Aberdeen, Washington has been formally recognised as a historical landmark, with plans to immortalise its original form reportedly “90 to 95 per cent” complete.READ MORE: Kurt Cobain’s Fecal Matter – The Full Story Of His Band Before NirvanaThe legendary Nirvana frontman lived in the house, built in 1923 according to Washington’s public registry, from 1968 to 1984 – just ten years before his passing at age 27.
- Billie Eilish has shared a poignant film clip for the title track to her just-released new album, ‘Happier Than Ever’, showing the enigmatic pop star passionately belting the song in the midst of a storm.
The video was released yesterday (July 30) alongside Eilish’s titular second album – which NME praised in a five-star review, saying it “fully establishes Billie Eilish as one of her generation’s most significant pop artists – and, better still, does so
- DaBaby has said he doesn’t know who Questlove is after the Roots‘ drummer criticised the rapper for his recent homophobic and insensitive comments at Rolling Loud Miami.
Performing at the festival last week, DaBaby said to the crowd: “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS… put your cellphone light up… Fellas, if you ain’t sucking dick in the parking lot, put your cellphone light up”.
The rapper has since come under fire for the remarks,
- “Ronan,” the heart-wrenching song Taylor Swift wrote following a four-year-old’s sadly fatal battle with cancer, will appear on Swift’s re-recorded Red album, Billboard can confirm.
The song was written during the Red era, and now “Ronan” will have a place on Red (Taylor’s Version). The album’s re-recording has been completed and is scheduled to be released on Nov. 19.
“Ronan” is a ballad about a young boy named Ronan Thompson that was
- Live Nation have officially confirmed reports that Kanye West will be hosting a second listening event for his much-delayed tenth album, ‘DONDA’, in Atlanta next week.READ MORE: On the scene at Kanye West’s ‘DONDA’ playback in Atlanta: “It feels cathartic”TMZ reported Yesterday (July 30) that West was planning another event at the city’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium for August 5, the night before the album’s official release date
- Primary Wave has acquired 42% of Prince’s estate, giving the publishing company the largest single interest in the late artist’s holdings, according to court papers filed in July. The deal gives Primary Wave rights to Prince’s publishing, master recording income stream, name, likeness and brand, according to the company.
“Prince is in the highest echelon of artists. It’s very hard to imagine an artist more interesting to Primary Wave than Prince. I would put Prince,
- Primary Wave has acquired 42% of Prince’s estate, making the publishing company the largest individual share holder of the late artist’s holdings. The deal gives Primary Wave rights to Prince’s publishing, master recording income stream, name, likeness and brand.
“Prince is in the highest echelon of artists. It’s very hard to imagine an artist more interesting to Primary Wave than Prince. I would put Prince, Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Whitney Houston and Frankie Vall
- Primary Wave has acquired 42% of Prince’s estate, making the publishing company the largest share holder of the late artist’s holdings. The deal gives Primary Wave rights to Prince’s publishing, master recording income stream, name, likeness and brand.
“Prince is in the highest echelon of artists. It’s very hard to imagine an artist more interesting to Primary Wave than Prince. I would put Prince, Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Whitney Houston and Frankie Valli and the F
- Ahead of the expected release of Donda, Kanye West has scheduled an album release event in Atlanta.
Kanye West Presents the Donda Album Release will take place on Thursday, Aug. 5 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium — where the rapper has been living as he completes work on his 10th album, and the location where his Donda listening event to preview the highly anticipated project went down about a week ago. The planned start time for the event is 9 p.m. ET.
Tickets for the Aug. 5 event will be on sale
- Broadway theatergoers will need to prove they’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19 and masks will be required when theaters reopen in the coming weeks, producers announced Friday (July 30).
Audience members will have to wear face coverings and show proof they are fully vaccinated by a FDA or WHO authorized vaccine when they enter the theaters until at least the end of October, the Broadway League said in a news release.
“Get vaccinated, and we’ll see you in the fall,” tweeted
- Slipknot released a moving tribute video to honor drummer Joey Jordison, who died on July 26 at the age of 46.
The band’s 8-and-a-half minute video highlights Jordison’s performances, as well as interview excerpts and behind-the-scenes clips.
“Our hearts go out to Joey’s family and loved ones at this time of tremendous loss. Joey Jordison’s art, talent, and spirit could not be contained or be held back. Joey’s impact on Slipknot, on our lives, and on the music
- Earlier this month, YouTube stream-ripping websites FLVTO.biz and 2conv.com – as well as their owner, Russia native Tofig Kurbanov – pushed back against an order to compile and turn over data logs as part of their legal showdown with the RIAA. Now, the parties are refusing to cooperate with discovery, and their lawyers have filed […]
The post FLVTO.biz Lawyers Move to Withdraw As the Stream-Ripping Giant Refuses to Comply With Discovery appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Logic has released new mixtape ‘Bobby Tarantino III’, his first full-length project of entirely new music since returning from retirement.READ MORE: Logic – ‘No Pressure’ review: positive rapper bids farewell with an elegiac and heartfelt swan songThe Maryland rapper announced the new project earlier this week, sharing an animated clip using the same colour scheme seen on previous ‘Bobby Tarantino’ projects, before then transforming into the Sam Spratt-d
- via mtv.comBillie Eilish's album 'Happier Than Ever' reckons with her celebrity across 16 staggering tracks. We break it down track by track and mood by mood.
- Rapper T.I. has spoken out in defense of DaBaby after the homophobic rant at Rolling Loud. The Atlanta-area rapper took to Instagram Live to share a message with his fans. “Everyone is up in arms and upset about what DaBaby said,” T.I. says, sitting in his vehicle. “I understand people saying that they feel that […]
The post T.I. Says DaBaby Is Getting “Bullied, Villainized, Crucified – That’s Not Equality” appeared first on Digital Music News.
05 Aug 202104 Aug 202103 Aug 202102 Aug 202101 Aug 202130 Jul 202129 Jul 202128 Jul 202127 Jul 202126 Jul 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!