Standon Calling festival has been cancelled halfway through its final day due to heavy rain and flooding.READ MORE: 10 brilliant UK festivals to look forward to this summerThe Hertfordshire festival, which began on Thursday (July 22) and was due to be headlined by Primal Scream this evening (July 25), was hit with thunderstorms and torrential rain earlier today forcing organisers to first suspend the event and then later cancel it altogether.
“Unfortunately due to flooding we will no longe
- As a former member of Fifth Harmony and now a successful solo artist, Camila Cabello has always had a busy schedule to abide by.
- Olivia Rodrigo says she’ll never forget her recent visit to the White House, where she helped deliver an important message to the youth about getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
The “Drivers License” singer, who encouraged young Americans to get vaccinated while she was at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. meeting with President Joe Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci on July 14, fortunately had her visit documented on video.
On Sunday afternoon (July 25), President Biden’s official Instagram acc
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Normani celebrated National Tequila Day on Saturday (July 24) in a big way.
The star dropped by Don Julio Tequila’s Casa Primavera launch event in Malibu, California, where she delivered her sultry Cardi B collaboration, “Wild Side,” for the very first time.
Dressed in a sleek velvet suit dress and garter tights, the star nailed the vocals for
- Green Day kicked off their Hella Mega Tour last night (July 24) in Arlington, Texas, with a huge, career-spanning set.READ MORE: The NME Big Read: Green Day: “We live our lives as if we have nothing”The long-awaited tour, which also includes Fall Out Boy and Weezer, was first announced back in September, 2019, but was postponed multiple times due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Finally opening at Globe Life Field last night, besides running through classics such as ‘Amer
- Camila Cabello’s new song “Don’t Go Yet” has topped this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (July 23) on Billboard, choosing the 24-year-old singer’s latest single as their favorite new music release of the past week.
“Don’t Go Yet” brought in 48% of the vote, beating out new music by Lil Nas X featuring Jack Harlow (“Industry Baby”), Khalid (“New Normal”), Lorde (“Stoned at the Na
- Pop Smoke’s second posthumous album, Faith, debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, garnering the rapper his second leader. The guest-laden collection was released on July 16 and starts with 88,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending July 22, according to MRC Data.
The standard 20-track Faith features more than 20 guest stars, including Chris Brown, Future, Dua Lipa and Kanye West. A deluxe version of Faith, with four bonus tracks, was released on July 21.
- Dave Mustaine has finally confirmed the official title of the upcoming new Megadeth album.READ MORE: The 20 best ’80s metal albumsThe frontman recently joined Cameo – a platform through which fans can pay to receive personalised videos from celebrities – in an effort to raise money for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
For his latest video – which he recorded for a fan named Joe to celebrate his 43rd birthday – Mustaine revealed tha
- New evidence includes accusation that Kelly had sexual contact with 17-year-old male, bribed a Cook County clerk
- Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington is expected to make a full recovery following an emergency heart surgery, the rock band said on social media.
The 69-year-old musician, Lynyrd Skynyrd’s sole surviving original member, is currently at “home resting and recovering with his family” and wants fans to know that he “expects a full recovery,” the group wrote Friday (July 23) on Facebook.
Earlier in the week, Lynyrd Skynyrd singer Johnny Van Zant told the crowd at M
- Skepta has officially confirmed that his new EP, ‘All In’, is set to arrive later this week.READ MORE: Exclusive – Skepta on A$AP Rocky arrest: “They’ll make an example out of us black artists”The rapper first announced the five-track EP last month, after hinting back in March that he might be retiring after one more song.
Last week, Skepta took to Instagram Live to refute claims that he’s retiring from music. “I could never quit music,”
- The Official Chart: First Look offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s Official Singles Chart Top 100. The chart is based on preliminary sales and early streaming reports.
- Spending decades as Bruce Springsteen’s righthand man helped Steven Van Zandt craft his on-screen performance as Silvio Dante, Tony Sopranos’ childhood friend and consigliere.
Speaking to The Times about revelations in his upcoming memoir Unrequited Infatuations, which is out on Sept. 28, the E Street guitarist and Sopranos star said that he “could certainly draw on my relationship with Bruce” to play the role of Tony’s second in command.
“Part of the obligati
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of the The Who’s ‘My Generation’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, The Prodigy, Guns N’ Roses, Alice Cooper and
Naya Rivera Honored by Ex-Husband Ryan Dorsey One Year After ‘Glee’ Star’s Funeral: ‘I Still Can’t Believe It’Ryan Dorsey is remembering his ex-wife Naya Rivera one year after her death.
Dorsey, the father of the Glee star’s son, Josey, took to social media on Saturday (July 24) to share a heartfelt tribute on the first anniversary of her funeral. In his heartbreaking note, Dorsey gave an update on the growth of their 5-year-old son in the wake of his mother’s passing.
“Today…A year ago we laid you to rest. I still can’t believe it. The year has flown by, so fast that it d
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley approve of band's rendition of "Rock and Roll All Nite"
- Day two of Rolling Loud belonged to music’s ultimate rager Travis Scott, who conquered the Ciroc Stage in Miami Saturday night (July 24). The rain and lightning couldn’t cease the rapper’s hellacious performance, where he provided fans an hour’s worth of excitement and theatrics. Beginning his set from a circular contraption mid-air, Scott and his daring antics fueled the 80,000 plus people in attendance.
Draped in a neon green jacket, he teased fans to a new record
- Billie Eilish has opened up about the conflict she experienced when writing song ‘Getting Older’.READ MORE: Billie Eilish’s ‘Your Power’ is a quietly potent response to abuse of powerThe song, which is taken from Eilish’s upcoming new album, ‘Happier Than Ever’, hints at previous trauma.
“I’ve had some trauma / Did things I didn’t wanna / Was too afraid to tell ya / But now I think it’s time,” Eilish sings on the
- "Take a look around you,” Billie Joe Armstrong said. “This is human contact. We cannot be locked up anymore. We need to be together.”
- Bryson Tiller has dropped off a surprise new track, ‘One Sided’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Bryson Tiller talks shunning the spotlight and how Kanye West inspired him to pursue his dreamsThe Louisville R&B star’s latest track, which is produced by 30Roc, Bass Charity, Hue Strother and DaBlackMic, follows the release of last year’s ‘Anniversary’, Tiller’s third studio album.
Nurturing a broken heart, Tiller sings: “I don&r
- Kanye West is reportedly living at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium while he finishes work on his long-awaited new album, ‘DONDA’.READ MORE: On the scene at Kanye West’s ‘DONDA’ playback in Atlanta: “It feels cathartic”On Thursday night (July 22), West took over the venue, which is home to Atlanta United FC and NFL team the Atlanta Falcons, to host a public playback of his 10th album.
According to TMZ, the rapper and producer is now temporarily livi
- System Of A Down‘s Serj Tankian has shared a preview of a new solo track called ‘Cyber Criminal’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Serj Tankian – “I think the whole world felt some relief that Trump was gone”The track is taken from the frontman’s next project, ‘Cinematique’, which will compile 25 of his compositions split across two parts, titled ‘Illuminate’ and ‘Violent Violins’. ‘Cyber Cr
- Bobby Shmurda has debuted some new music during his performance at this year’s Rolling Loud Miami festival.READ MORE: Eight reasons New York rap needs Bobby Shmurda backThe rapper – whose real name is Ackquille Pollard – was freed from jail in New York back in February, after serving seven years behind bars for conspiracy and weapons possession.
During his five-track set at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium on Friday (July 23), Shmurda performed fan favourites ‘Hot N**
- A Kanye West fan is selling a "bag of air" from his album listening party at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium last week.
- Roger Daltrey contracted pneumonia because of the conditions on set when he sat for the famous photoshoot for The Who's1967 album 'The Who Sell Out’.
- Metallica‘s Kirk Hammett has reflected on the bands 40th anniversary in a new interview.READ MORE: Metallica: every single album ranked and ratedAlong with bassist Robert Trujillo, Hammett spoke to George Kontos about the band’s four decades and their plans for the future.
Via Blabbermouth, Hammett told Kontos: “Man, it’s crazy when I think about four decades. ‘Cause I swear to God, it seems like just yesterday that we were on a tour bus somewhere in the m
- A Kanye West fan is selling a bag of what they claim is air from the rapper’s recent listening event for his long-awaited new album, ‘DONDA’.READ MORE: On the scene at Kanye West’s ‘DONDA’ playback in Atlanta: “It feels cathartic”On Thursday night (July 22), West took over Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium to preview his 10th album. Playing the project – which includes a new collaboration with JAY-Z – to a packed house, one fan
- A doctor who sits on the independent SAGE panel has warned of the dangers of re-opening nightclubs during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.READ MORE: What’s the point of festival pilots if the government won’t publish the results?Dr. Gabriel Scally has suggested that the government decided to open nightclubs on July 19 to achieve “herd immunity”.
Dr. Scally said: “I think it’s justifiable to open nightclubs but only if you believe this government pol
- Rebecca Ferguson has revealed that a number of famous female music stars are backing her campaign against abuse in the music industry.
- Manic Street Preachers bassist Nicky Wire "deeply regrets" many of the controversial comments he has made in the past.
- Tinashe has revealed details of her forthcoming album, ‘333’, and has released its third single, ‘i can see the future’.
Sharing the album artwork to her Instagram on July 23, ‘333’ features an image of the artist crouched amid peaceful scenery, donning three eyes. The album is marked for release on August 6.View this post on InstagramA post shared by Sweet T (@tinashenow)In the same post, Tinashe – full name Tinashe Kachingwe – revealed a single w
- Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow have responded to comments and shared some extra details around their new joint single, ‘Industry Baby’.
Nas and Harlow shared the track on Friday (July 23), along with a music video depicting the pair escaping a prison.
Similar to the response he received around his earlier single ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’, Nas spent some time defending criticism from users online.
“White corporate music execs funded a music video with Lil Nas X, wh
Professor Green says he no longer feels the “pressure” he did early in his career: “I now have the freedom I always craved”Professor Green has spoken of how he no longer feels the “pressure” he did early in his career, saying that at 37 years old he now has “the freedom I always craved”.
In an interview with Ok! published yesterday (July 24), Green – real name Stephen Manderson – said that now, more than a decade since he first emerged on the scene in March 2009, it feels “incredible” to still be making music.
“I’m not chasing anything or pinning happiness
Ghostface Killah applauds Wu-Tang Clan associate Grant Williams’ exoneration after 23 years in prisonWu-Tang Clan‘s Ghostface Killah has passed comment on Grant Willams’ exoneration, after the group’s associate served 23 years in prison.
A Staten Island jury convicted Williams in 1997 for the murder of Shdell Lewis the previous year.
Williams, then 25 years old, had been identified as the assailant who wore a black jacket and Wu-Tang Clan hat, which prosecutors placed special emphasis on, given he had been employed at the group’s recording studio. He was sentenced to lif
- Travis Scott has teased new music ahead of his Rolling Loud Miami performance today.
On Twitter, the rapper shared a minute-long clip of what appears to be an excerpt of a new music video.
“Hmm some one ask me how I’m starting I said this is how. Who can remember this by tonight,” Scott wrote in the Twitter caption, suggesting he will debut the song during his live set at 4am BST today (11pm EDT on Saturday July 24).HMM SOME ONE ASK ME HOW IM STARTING I SAID THIS IS HOW.WHO CAN
- Liz Phair has announced that she will not be going on tour with Alanis Morissette and Garbage this summer.
Phair shared the news with fans less than three weeks before the shows are set to begin.
“Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances, I won’t be able to join Alanis & Garbage on tour this summer,” she wrote in a statement on Twitter on Friday night (July 23). “I’m incredibly disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces. Shoutout t
- Camila Cabello’s new single “Don’t Go Yet” made its live debut on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Friday night (July 23).
Joining Cabello onstage for the song were a number of dancers, all dressed in ’80s costumes, reflecting the theme of the new track’s music video.
On Saturday (July 24), Cabello’s name trended on Twitter with comments about the performance — including criticism from people offended by her performing with a white dance
30 Jul 202129 Jul 202128 Jul 202127 Jul 202126 Jul 202124 Jul 202123 Jul 202122 Jul 202121 Jul 202120 Jul 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!