Roc-A-Fella Records has filed a lawsuit claiming co-founder Damon Dash is attempting to auction off JAY-Z‘s ‘Reasonable Doubt’ as an NFT.READ MORE: WTF is an NFT? Kings Of Leon’s weird non-fungible token thing – explained!The famous rap label, which has also been home to Kanye West, Cam’ron and Beanie Sigel, alleges that Dash cannot legally sell Jay’s 1996 debut album as the rights to it belong to the label, reports TMZ.
- The Casablanca Records boss will be the subject of the movie Spinning Gold.
- The popstar has reflected on 15 of her costumes and red carpet looks in a new video interview for Vogue.
- The Money Dance hitmaker owns the massive Fayetteville estate boxing icon Evander Holyfield once called home.
- Reba McEntire has once again paid tribute to Kenny Rogers.
- Nikki Sixx is to reveal all about his early life.
- The keyboard player will receive the nation's highest order of merit in Paris on Monday.
- The disco-inspired album, titled Hail Satin, will only be available in stores on 17 July.
- Andy Pollard passed away on Friday morning.
- The collection includes hits like When Love Takes Over, Memories, Titanium, and Turn Me On.
- Scott Swift was trending on Twitter Sunday afternoon, thanks to Taylor Swift’s Father’s Day tweet about her dad — and his guitar picks.
“Happy Father’s Day to all the dads but mostly mine, who called me yesterday to remind me he still has guitar picks from the Red Tour, ‘if they’re needed,'” Taylor wrote on June 20.
Swift’s message about her father finding his Red Tour memorabilia arrived two days after she announced that Red (Taylor’s
- Tyler, The Creator’s new song “Lumberjack” has topped this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (June 18) on Billboard, choosing the 30-year-old rapper’s latest track as their favorite new music release of the past week.
“Lumberjack,” which will be featured on Tyler’s forthcoming album, Call Me If You Get Lost, brought in nearly 37% of the vote, beating out new music by H.E.R. (Back of My Mind), DaBaby (“Ball If
- Travie McCoy has announced that he’s signed a new solo deal with Hopeless Records.
The Gym Class Heroes founder and former Fueled By Ramen artist marked the news with the release of a new track called ‘A Spoonful Of Cinnamon’, which pays tribute to the people he’s lost over the past year.
“This song sums up my experiences through 2020 and honours people in my life that I had lost,” he said about the new track. “There was a moment where I&n
- Macy Gray has called for an update to the American flag in order so that it better represents its diverse population.
The singer-songwriter penned an op-ed for Market Watch in which she has suggested that the flag “no longer represents democracy and freedom”.
Written for Juneteenth (June 19), the US holiday commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African Americans which was written into legislation by President Joe Biden on Thursday (June 17), Gray began her piece with some b
- French media conglomerate Vivendi has finalized a deal to sell a 10 percent stake in Universal Music Group to a so-called “blank check” company set up by Bill Ackman’s hedge fund Pershing Square, valuing the music major at €35.0 billion ($40 billion).
Vivendi had recently said it was in talks with the financial vehicle about selling it the stake in the label, home of the likes of Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga.
Vivendi has long been planning an initial public offering of the m
- Polo G lands his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 as Hall of Fame opens atop the tally, earning 143,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending June 17, according to MRC Data. All three of the rapper’s charting albums have reached the top 10.
The 20-track Hall of Fame, released on June 11 via Columbia Records, contains Polo G’s first No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100, “Rapstar,” which spent two weeks at No. 1 (April 24 and May 1, 2021-dated
- Music stars are giving a special shout-out to their dads on Father’s Day.
Artists like Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus and others took to social media on Sunday (June 20) to show appreciation for their fathers.
“ur the coolest @dukagjinlipa i love you. Happy Fathers Day! always by my side and always havin a laaaaughhhh!!” Lipa captioned a snapshots of her dad, Dukagjin Lipa.Bieber showed love to his father, Jeremy Bieber, with a black-and-white throwback pic
- The UK may be mostly grey and miserable right now, but KSI is getting into the summer mood - new post-pandemic single Holiday
- Zane Lowe has hailed Kanye West “one of the greatest creatives of all time” in a new interview.READ MORE: Zane Lowe on what’s next for music: “We’re living in anxious times”The Apple Music head and former BBC Radio 1 broadcaster has interviewed the rapper and producer multiple times over his career, including the pair’s famous 2019 chat at West’s Wyoming ranch.
Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Lowe said he always “looks forward” to
- via rollingstone.comSinger-songwriter discusses recording her 1971 masterpiece, the album's legacy and the state of her singing voice
- Congratulations are in order for Olivia Rodrigo, who has officially graduated high school.
The 18-year-old hitmaker proudly celebrated the milestone on Saturday (June 19) by sharing some Polaroid-style pictures of herself posing in a shiny blue cap and gown.
“Bye high school!!!!!!!” the “Good 4 U” hitmaker wrote on Instagram.The first photo shows the High School Musical: The Musical: The Series actress flashing a peace sign, while the second pic finds her making a silly f
- Bruce Springsteen fans who have been given the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine will now be able to attend his Broadway stage show.READ MORE: The Killers and Bruce Springsteen’s new song ‘Dustland’ finds the icons uniting two generationsEarlier this month it was announced that Springsteen On Broadway will be returning for a second run, with fully vaccinated fans allowed to purchase tickets for the shows, which run from next week (June 26) to early September.
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of Survivor‘s ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, The Prodigy, Guns N’ Roses, Alice Cooper and more
- New York City roared back to life on Saturday (June 19) with a lively, packed screening of an untitled Dave Chappelle documentary and surprise concert featuring Q-Tip, De La Soul, Fat Joe, Redman and more at Radio City Music Hall, the first event at the iconic venue in over a year.
During the screening, the closing night of the 2021 Tribeca Festival, the fully vaccinated, mostly unmasked audience howled with laughter and applauded at the documentary that offered an in-depth look at how Chappelle
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When it comes to earbuds for music, there’s no denying the popularity of AirPods. Apple’s famous all-white earbuds are as much a status symbol as they are an essential go-to for recording artists, podcasters and music producers alike. But we recommend them for everyday use as well, whether you’re listening to music on your daily commute, or need a
- Yonaka have announced details of a new mixtape called ‘Seize The Power’ – get all the details below.
The mixtape is named after the Brighton-based band’s recent single, first piece of new material since the release of their debut album ‘Don’t Wait ‘Til Tomorrow’ in May 2019.READ MORE: Yonaka’s Theresa Jarvis: “Lives depend on talking about mental illness”Out on July 15, the mixtape features its title track, recent singles &ls
- Trivium‘s Matt Heafy has shared a new song produced by Linkin Park‘s Mike Shinoda – listen to ‘In Defiance’ below.
The track was originally touted back in February, when Shinoda revealed that he would be producing a song for Heafy on Twitch, where the Trivium frontman has been creating and sharing a lot of his music across the pandemic.
“Gonna try to keep the metal, but mash it up with lots of unexpected things,” Shinoda teased of his ideas around creati
- Kamasi Washington has shared a brand new eight-minute song – listen to ‘Sun Kissed Child’ below.
The song appears on ‘Liberated / Music for the Movement Vol. 3’, a new compilation EP in the ‘Music for the Movement’ series from website The Undefeated.
Washington is joined on ‘Sun Kissed Child’ by Dwight Trible and Patrice Quinn on vocals, as well as Ronald Bruner Jr, aka the brother of Washington’s frequent collaborator Thundercat, on dr
- Serj Tankian has shared a new 24-minute classical composition – listen to ‘Disarming Time: A Modern Piano Concerto’ below.
The piece, previewed earlier this week, is the first preview of a new project from the System Of A Down frontman called ‘Cool Gardens Poetry Suite’, which will feature four tracks including spoken word sections taken from Tankian’s recent poetry book, Cool Gardens.READ MORE: Serj Tankian – “I think the whole world felt som
- Lenny Kravitz was always consumed by the idea of being a musician, and his ambition strengthened when he saw his idols, The Jackson 5, in concert.
- Zane Lowe has hailed Kanye West as "one of the greatest creatives of all time" and is always inspired to do better when they speak.
- Griff brought new single ‘Black Hole’ to late-night TV in the US this week – watch her Colbert performance below.
The single is taken from the BRITs Rising Star winner‘s new mixtape ‘One Foot in Front of the Other’.READ MORE: Griff: meet Britain’s next great pop starThe ‘Black Hole’ performance, which was aired on Friday’s (June 18) edition of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, saw Griff performing inside an abandoned building.
- Jack Antonoff got advice from a host of stars including Bruce Springsteen, Lana Del Ray, Taylor Swift and Lorde for his new album.
- Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records are suing Damon Dash for trying to sell the copyright to the rapper's debut album without permission.
- Taylor Swift promised that with the release of Red (Taylor’s Version) — her upcoming re-recorded Red album, due out on Nov. 19 — “this will be the first time you hear all 30 songs that were meant to go on Red.”
The original Red album, which arrived in 2012, was already packed with 16 tracks, plus some extras on a deluxe edition release. Still, that leaves quite a few blank spaces on the 30-spot Red (Taylor’s Version) track list.
Below, Billboard makes some pre
- Macy Gray is proposing that the American flag be redesigned to represent its diverse population.
The Grammy-winning singer, 53, wrote an op-ed for Market Watch in which she suggested that the flag “no longer represents democracy and freedom.”
Gray began with some background. “The Confederate battle flag, which was crafted as a symbol of opposition to the abolishment of slavery, is just recently tired. We don’t see it much anymore.” She then referenced the Capitol ri
- Taylor Swift’s announcement about her re-recorded Red was wrapped with a big hint that die-hard fans might finally get a gift they’ve been wanting for years: the original, 10-minute long opus of her heartbreaking album classic “All Too Well.”
“This will be the first time you hear all 30 songs that were meant to go on Red,” Swift wrote in Friday’s (June 18) reveal that Red (Taylor’s Version) will be released on Nov. 19. “And hey, one of t
- JMSN has shared a stripped-back performance of his new single ‘Rolling Stone’ – you can watch it below.READ MORE: The NME 100: Essential emerging artists for 2021The original version of the indie-soul gem was released back in April, and now the LA-based singer-songwriter has delivered a rousing studio rendition in a video directed by Sebastian Maldonado.
Not just stripping back the instrumentation to a sole guitar, JMSN also lowers the tone of his trademark high-pitched fa
25 Jun 202124 Jun 202123 Jun 202122 Jun 202121 Jun 202119 Jun 202118 Jun 202117 Jun 202116 Jun 202115 Jun 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!