Code Orange have teased a potential collaboration with Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan.READ MORE: Code Orange – ‘Underneath’ review: game-changing, forward-thinking hardcore that will draw blood and raise bruisesThe Pittsburg hardcore band, who released their fourth studio album, ‘Underneath’, last year, took to social media earlier today to share a photo of them posing in the studio with Corgan.
Code Orange captioned the post: “the k i l l e r in me&h
- Linkin Park’s loving the latest rock cover from young music prodigy Nandi Bushell.
The talented tween, who says she just discovered Linkin Park’s music this week, was inspired to post a high-energy cover on her drums of “Numb” this weekend. She also paid tribute to the late Chester Bennington, and paid compliments to the rest of the band.
“I discovered @linkinpark week!” she tweeted Saturday (June 12). “So many great songs! So this is #numetal! I like th
- Polo G’s Hall of Fame has topped this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (June 11) on Billboard, choosing the Chicago rapper’s latest album as their favorite new music release of the past week.
Hall of Fame, Polo G’s third album, brought in nearly 23% of the vote, beating out new music by Doja Cat (“Need to Know”), Lorde (“Solar Power”), Megan Thee Stallion (“Thot S–t”), Migos (Culture III), and oth
- The Cure‘s Robert Smith has said he thinks the band’s next album will be the last one they do.READ MORE: “There are so many misconceptions about The Cure”: an exclusive interview with Robert SmithEarlier this month, Smith teamed up with Chvrches on a new single called ‘How Not To Drown’, the second preview from the Scottish trio’s upcoming fourth album, ‘Screen Violence’.
Speaking in a new interview alongside Chvrches lead singer La
- Get ready for new music by Drake.
On Saturday (June 12), the Toronto MC gave an update on the release date of his long-delayed upcoming album, Certified Lover Boy, during an interview at the Ultimate Rap League’s N.O.M.E. XI battle rap event.
When asked about Certified Lover Boy’s release date, Drake laughed off not knowing the exact day it will come out, but confirmed that the full-length will see the light of day before the end of summer.“Oh, yeah, I’ll be there. My alb
- Slipknot have announced that their 2021 festival dates this summer in Russia, Ukraine and Europe have been rescheduled to 2022.READ MORE: NME meets Slipknot’s Clown and Tortilla Man: “There’s been a lot of blood on stage”Taking to social media on Friday (June 11), the metal icons shared new dates for festival shows in Moscow, Kiev, Bucharest, Plovdiv, Athens and Wacken. They added that “further shows and dates will be announced soon”.
- The Backstreet Boys turned down the chance to perform at the 2001 Super Bowl halftime show.
- Ludacris is a co-owner of the Chicken + Beer restaurant at an airport in Atlanta, Georgia.
- via rollingstone.comRock legends perform five-song, pyrotechnics-heavy gig in celebration of upcoming Biography: KISStory documentary
- Lil Baby and Lil Durk’s collaborative album, The Voice of the Heroes, debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, scoring the former his second leader and the latter his first.
The album bows with 150,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending June 10, according to MRC Data, driven nearly entirely by streaming activity of the its songs. The hip-hop set, which was released on June 4, also boasts guest turns from a quartet of acts who have all had their own No. 1 a
- Maroon 5 have shared a remix of their song ‘Memories’ featuring YG and the late Nipsey Hussle – listen to it below.READ MORE: Maroon 5 – ’Jordi’ review: paint-by-numbers pop that occasionally wowsFour years after the release of ‘Red Pill Blues’, Adam Levine and co. have returned with their seventh studio album, ‘Jordi’ – named after the band’s late manager Jordan Feldstein, who died in 2017.
Prior to the album’s releas
- The Official Chart: First Look, which airs on BBC Radio 1 today between 6pm – 7pm, offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead
- Warner Bros.’ In the Heights sang off key in its box office opening with $11.4 million, well below expectations and putting the musical at No. 2 behind holdover A Quiet Place Part II in a surprise upset.
Heading into the weekend, Jon M. Chu’s big screen adaptation of the musical that put Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda on the map, was widely expected to top the chart with anywhere from $15 million to $20 million.
Instead, Paramount’s A Quiet Place Part II sequel shot back u
Lin-Manuel Miranda Shares Touching Footage of Doreen Montalvo Reacting to Her ‘In the Heights’ CameoLin-Manuel Miranda is remembering late Broadway actress Doreen Montalvo with a touching video amid the theatrical release of In the Heights.
On Saturday (June 12), Miranda shared sweet footage from February 2020 of Montalvo reacting to her cameo in the big-screen adaptation of his musical. The actress, who died last October at age 56, appeared in the original Broadway cast of In the Heights.
“Forever grateful that Doreen Montalvo got to see her moment, cheered on & surrounded by the wo
- Viral music prodigy Nandi Bushell has shared her latest cover in the form of an impressive take on Linkin Park‘s ‘Numb’ – watch it below.READ MORE: 11-year-old drummer Nandi Bushell’s greatest cover songsThe 11-year-old drummer, who discovered Linkin Park for the first time this past week, played the track wearing a white vest and bead necklace.
“I discovered @linkinpark week!” she tweeted yesterday (June 12). “So many great songs! So thi
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of Eurythmics’ ‘Sweet Dreams’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, The Prodigy, Guns N’ Roses, Alice Cooper and more thr
- via rollingstone.comSpecial guests John Mulaney and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez also appeared during fully vaccinated gig at Irving Plaza
- Live music organisation LIVE say the potential delay in lockdown easing in the UK would be “devastating” for the live music industry, and could see live music “being left behind and irreversibly damaged”.
A decision from Prime Minister Boris Johnson is due tomorrow (June 14) on whether to delay the planned scrapping of coronavirus restrictions on June 21.
After figures showed that the rumoured delay could see over 5,000 events cancelled, LIVE CEO Greg Parmley says they wa
- Guapdad 4000 and Illmind have released a music video for their remixed version of ‘How Many’ featuring Rick Ross.READ MORE: Rick Ross – ‘Port of Miami 2’ reviewCalifornia rapper Guapdad linked up with prolific producer Illmind to release a joint project titled ‘1176’ earlier this year (March 22), with ‘How Many’ being the first track on the project.
Now the song has been picked up and remixed with an additional verse from veteran rapper
- KISS returned to the stage this week to perform a five-song set at New York’s Tribeca Film Festival – watch footage below.
Friday’s (June 11) show came after a screening of the band’s upcoming documentary, Biography: KISStory.
The band’s pyro-filled set saw them play ‘Detroit Rock City’, ‘War Machine’ and more before closing the set with their classic hit ‘Rock and Roll All Nite’.
“We don’t have a permit to make a long
- The Strokes were joined by some very big names for their fundraising concert in support of New York mayoral candidate Maya Wiley last night (June 12).
The band took to the stage at the Irving Plaza for a show that journeyed through their back catalogue, with all proceeds from the gig going to support Wiley in her attempt to become the city’s first female mayor. All fans were required to provide a negative coronavirus test to be permitted entry.READ MORE: The Strokes – ‘The
- Vince Staples appears on a new song from Emotional Oranges – listen to ‘Back & Forth’ below.
The track appears on the R&B group’s new project ‘The Juicebox’, which dropped on Friday (June 11) and also features Channel Tres, Biig Piig and more.READ MORE: “We’re going to be the biggest band in the world” – meet Emotional Oranges, the Kanye-approved R&B collectiveThe LA pop duo – comprised of members A and V – relea
- Braison Cyrus and his wife, Stella McBride, welcomed their first child, Bear Chance, on Tuesday.
- The singer and actress filed to end her six-year marriage back in April.
- Shirley Manson says Lil Nas X is an "absolute treasure" and admitted she was "blown away" by his recent 'SNL' performance.
- Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament has announced a fourth solo album under his own name, titled ‘I Should Be Outside’.READ MORE: Pearl Jam – ‘Gigaton’ review: one of the biggest rock bands in the world return to semi-brillianceThe album is due on August 10 via Monkeywrench, and follows his surprise-released ‘American Death Squad’ EP last year.
In a statement shared through Pearl Jam’s Ten Club newsletter on Thursday (June 10), Ament went into more detail
- After multiple delays, Drake has seemingly set a new rough release date for his forthcoming album ‘Certified Lover Boy’.
The album, which was originally set for a January 2021 release date before being postponed after Drake injured his knee, was said to be “in the pot and coming soon” back in March.
Now, in an interview with battle rap league URLTV at their NOMEXI event, Drake said that the album would be out before the end of summer.
Pushed on a specific date for the rel
- Robert Plant admits music helped keep him grounded during the pandemic.
- RAYE has shared a brand new song and video – watch and listen to ‘Call On Me’ below.
The track, which the singer says she wrote for her sister in a difficult time, comes ahead of her widely-anticipated debut album.READ MORE: Five things we learned from our In Conversation video chat with RAYE“I wrote this song on a day when my sister was going through something pretty intense, and I was so heartbroken for her,” RAYE says of ‘Call On Me’. “I basical
- Arlo Parks leads the list of nominations for the 2021 AIM Awards, picking up four nods – see the full list below.
This year’s ceremony for the Independent Music Awards will be held in London on August 25, and also sees the likes of Fontaines D.C. and Working Men’s Club pick up nominations.
“What an honour to be nominated for four AIM Awards!!” Parks said of the news, which sees her nominated for UK Independent Breakthrough, Best Independent Track (‘Hope’
- HONNE have shared a lyric video for new single ‘What Would You Do?’ featuring US singer Pink Sweat$.
Announced as “the first song in a new era of music”, it’s the London electronic duo’s first new music since December’s festive ‘Warm On A Christmas Night’ and July 2020 mixtape ‘No Song Without You’.
“In the past, we’ve limited ourselves,” the band explained in a press statement. “We might get to a section o
- Lollapalooza festival is offering free tickets to its 2021 event to vaccinated local residents in Chicago.
Last month, the festival announced it would be returning this year after cancelling its 2020 edition due to COVID-related restrictions. The confirmation came after that the Chicago event had been given the go-ahead by government officials to host its 30th anniversary edition at Green Park between July 29 and August 1 this year.READ MORE: Restarting live music in 2021: Gig and festival bosse
- Chicago rapper Polo G was arrested by Miami police in the early hours of Saturday morning (June 12), with a report alleging he committed several offences including battery on an officer, resisting arrest and criminal mischief.READ MORE: Get to know Polo G, the Chicago rapper who’s sampled Tupac and been co-signed by Jay-ZThe Miami Herald reports that Polo G – real name Taurus Bartlett – was pulled over for an unspecified “traffic infraction” around 12:30am Saturday
- French Montana has released a music video for his new single ‘FWMGAB’ which arrived on Friday (June 11).
The new track – which stands for ‘Fuck With Me Get a Bag’ – samples Jerry Rivera’s ‘Amores Como El Nuestro’, which pop fans may recognise from Shakira and Wyclef Jean‘s 2006 hit single ‘Hips Don’t Lie’.
The clip sees French rapping in various New York locations – including, at one point, on the very top of the
- Emma Bunton says she much prefers being in a group than being a solo singer.
- Jack Garratt admits he finds "catharsis" through songwriting and he's figuring out the balance between his personal and work lives.
- Foo Fighters have announced an intimate club show for vaccinated fans in Los Angeles, set to go down this coming Tuesday (June 15) at the 610-capacity Canyon Club.READ MORE: Foo Fighters: “Our connection is beyond music”Tickets will cost a mere $26, in celebration of 2021 marking the band’s 26th anniversary. They’ll be available for purchase today (June 13), exclusively in-person for punters over the age of 21. In order to secure a maximum of two non-transferrable tickets
- Slipknot’s Clown has released a new ambient track, ‘Brainwash Love – Feed The Worms Birds’, following on from two other releases in the past week.
The buzzing electronic release comes days after Clown – real name M. Shawn Crahan – also shared ‘Brainwash Love – Death Inside’ and ‘Live Your Life’ on YouTube. The accompanying video features sped up amateur footage of worms.READ MORE: The Big Read – Slipknot: “I’m ju
- Slipknot’s Clown has released a new ambient track in a video titled ‘Brainwash Love – Feed The Worms Birds’, following on from two other releases in the past week.
The buzzing electronic release comes days after Clown – real name M. Shawn Crahan – also shared ‘Brainwash Love – Death Inside’ and ‘Live Your Life’ on YouTube. The accompanying video features sped up amateur footage of worms. Despite the video’s title, its descri
- Noel Gallagher made an appearance on CBS This Morning yesterday (June 12), where he performed a trio of songs including Oasis’ 1996 hit ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’.READ MORE: The Full Story Behind Oasis’ ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’Gallagher played the track alongside his band, the High Flying Birds, with whom he released a two-disc greatest hits compilation titled ‘Back The Way We Came: Vol 1 (2011–2021)’ last Friday. Take a look at
- Zooey Deschanel is launching a new healthy eating initiative.
- The hit musical In the Heights is finally heading to cinemas.
- Frankie Valli has given his approval to a new Jersey Boys show.
- Nicki Minaj has shared a new photo of her son, with Mom and baby adorably wearing coordinated outfits.
The rapper posted the cute family snapshot on Instagram as part of a series of images of herself posing on a couch on Saturday (June 12). She left ribbon and unicorn emojis in the caption for the pictures.
Keeping her baby’s real name private, Minaj has affectionately referred to him as “Papa Bear” on social media in the past.Minaj and husband Kenneth Petty welcomed their son
- Britney Spears says her favorite tattoo is usually hidden, but she offered a glimpse of it on Instagram.
The pop star posed for a selfie of her backside, with her hair pulled up, to reveal the ink on the nape of her neck Friday night (June 11).
“Hot pink makes my tan pop!!!!” wrote Spears, who was dressed in a bright bikini. “Have you seen the tattoo on the back of my neck before ???? It’s Hebrew, it’s a language written backwards !!!! It says Mem Hey Shin and
18 Jun 202117 Jun 202116 Jun 202115 Jun 202114 Jun 202112 Jun 202111 Jun 202110 Jun 202109 Jun 202108 Jun 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!