Gemma Chan, Henry Golding, Rina Sawayama and more stars have helped launch a #StopAsianHate campaign in the UK.
Hate crimes against Asian people in London in March 2020 rose by 179 per cent compared to March 2019, according to campaign group Besea.n. Data for the rest of the UK is less accurate but also points to similar increases.
A new campaign has now launched on GoFundMe to create the East and South East Asian (ESEA) Community Fund, which aims to “help uplift and protect” the ESE
- Actress-turned-director Clea DuVall will oversee the project.
- Bebe Rexha’s Better Mistakes tops this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (May 7) on Billboard, choosing Rexha’s latest album as their favorite new music release of the past week.
Rexha’s Better Mistakes, which features Doja Cat, Travis Barker, Lil Uzi Vert, Lunay, Ty Dolla $ign, Rick Ross and more, brought in more than half of the vote this week, landing at 53%.“During the process of this album, I’ve gotten to know myself reall
- Eddie Vedder performed two songs at Global Citizen’s Vax Live event, which was livestreamed this weekend, and called for vaccine equality.
The livestream concert featured pre-recorded sets from artists including the Pearl Jam frontman, Foo Fighters, Selena Gomez and more.READ MORE: Pearl Jam – ‘Gigaton’ review: one of the biggest rock bands in the world return to semi-brillianceDuring his appearance, Vedder performed a version of the grunge band’s ‘Vitalo
- When it comes to showing their Mami some love, Latinos aren’t shy about their displays of affection. The same thing applies to songs made for moms, which tend to be full of love and affection and much-needed during these challenging times.
From Ricardo Arjona to Aventura, here are 12 tracks that we’ll be playing for the special lady in our lives.
“Mi Novia Se Me Esta Quedando Vieja” – Ricardo Arjona
Guatemalan star Ricardo Arjona didn’t just write a song
- DJ Khaled nets his third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as Khaled Khaled debuts atop the list.
The 14-track album was released on April 30 via We the Best/Epic Records and features a galaxy of guest stars, ranging from Drake and Jay-Z to Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. Khaled Khaled starts with 93,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending May 6, according to MRC Data.Khaled Khaled follows DJ Khaled’s previous leaders, Grateful (in 2017) and Major Key (20
- Lloyd Price, the singer of ‘Stagger Lee’ known as “Mr Personality”, has died, his wife Jackie has confirmed.
The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame honouree died on May 3 from complications with diabetes. He was 88 years old.
“I am so touched by the outpouring of love and tribute for the passing of my husband Lloyd Price, who passed peacefully on May 3, 2021 at Schaffer Extended Care in Westchester County, NY,” Jackie Price said in a statement given to Billboard.
- Thomas Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins are already parents to three daughters.
- BTS continue to melt the hearts of fans ahead of their new English-language single “Butter.”
The K-pop supergroup took to social media on Sunday (May 9) to reveal a brand new photo to accompany the upcoming track.
“Group Teaser Photo 1,” the septet captioned the snapshot, in which the boys are looking very sharp in multicolored suits.Last week, BTS’ label Big Hit revealed two audio teasers for “Butter. The first clip shows Jungkook spreading a pat of butter on
- Wolf Alice have announced the release details for ‘No Hard Feelings’, their next single from their upcoming third album.
The band have previously shared the tracks ‘The Last Man On Earth’ and ‘Smile’ from ‘Blue Weekend’.READ MORE: Wolf Alice: “We’re a tiny bit more comfortable in the world”Now, they have confirmed on their social media accounts that ‘No Hard Feelings’ will arrive this week. The song will premiere
- The Official Chart: First Look offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s Official Singles Chart Top 100. The chart is based
- Grimes made an appearance on Elon Musk’s episode of Saturday Night Live last night (May 8), taking on the role of Super Mario character Princess Peach.
Musk, Grimes’ partner, was the guest host for the latest instalment of the long-running US comedy show.READ MORE: SNL heroes: stunning Saturday Night Live performances by your favourite starsIn a sketch based in a courtroom, Musk played Wario and was accused of being responsible for the death of Mario. While SNL’s Mikey Day deli
- The Global Citizen fundraising concert advocating the importance of vaccine equity has pulled in $302 million, exceeding the goal for the organization’s campaign.
Global Citizen announced Saturday (May 8) that the funds raised helped procure more than 26 million doses at the Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World. The organization said money was garnered through several philanthropic and corporate commitments.
President Joe Biden, Prince Harry and Jennifer Lopez were among the big name
Grimes Nails it as Princess Peach Alongside Elon Musk as Wario in ‘SNL’ Super Mario Murder Trial Skit: WatchGrimes made an unforgettable cameo as Princess Peach from Nintendo’s Super Mario Bros. during Saturday Night Live on May 8.
The 33-year-old art pop singer appeared in a hilarious sketch alongside her boyfriend and first-time SNL host Elon Musk, whose evil character Wario is on trial for the murdering Super Mario during a go-kart race.
During the skit, Wario’s defense attorney (played by Mikey Day) reveals that Mario’s brother Luigi (Kyle Mooney) was having an affair with Prince
- BTS have revealed the first photo teaser for their upcoming new single ‘Butter’, which will be released later this month.READ MORE: Big Hit’s new ventures might just reshape the music industry worldwide – and for the betterThe Korean group have been sharing a steady stream of teasers for the forthcoming track over the last week, including video clips featuring each individual member.
Now, the band’s label Big Hit Music have posted the first photo teaser for this com
- Foo Fighters joined forces with Brian Johnson onstage at Global Citizen’s Vax Live concert to cover AC/DC‘s ‘Back In Black’.The NME Big Read: Foo Fighters: “Our connection is beyond music”The Dave Grohl-led band and the AC/DC frontman recorded the performance at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles earlier this month (May 2), with the event streamed online yesterday (May 8).
The Foos played a six-song set – including classic hits ‘Everlon
- Elon Musk took on hosting duties for the latest episode of Saturday Night Live, declaring as he took the stage that he is the first person with Asperger’s Syndrome to host the variety sketch series.
“Or at least the first to admit it,” he said. Multiple outlets subsequently noted that Dan Aykroyd, who is known to have Asperger’s, hosted before Musk.
During his monologue, the controversial Tesla CEO and SpaceX leader said, “It’s an honor to be hosting Saturday
Miley Cyrus Covers Dolly Parton in Moving ‘SNL’ Mother’s Day Tribute, Performs With The Kid LAROI: WatchMiley Cyrus is wishing “all the moms out there” a very Happy Mother’s Day.
The 28-year-old superstar singer opened Saturday Night Live on May 8 with a cover of her godmother Dolly Parton’s “Light of a Clear Blue Morning,” while SNL cast members appeared alongside their moms in a comical tribute to the special day.
During the song, SNL’s Bowen Yang embraced his mother, who kissed him and then rubbed Purell on his cheek, Pete Davidson’s mom
- Olaf Yohansson, known as the ‘Play Jaja Ding Dong’ guy and unlikely star of Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga, will read out Iceland’s results at 2021’s Eurovision Song Contest.READ MORE: ‘Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga’ review: like ‘Glee’ on ketamineIn Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams’ 2020 Netflix film, the pair performed the original song ‘Jaja Ding Dong’, and were consistently hounded to do so by
- The Game has named his Top 10 rappers alive, a list that includes the likes of Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, JAY-Z and Drake.READ MORE: The Big Read – The Game: “Me and 50 Cent should have died in that beef”On Friday (May 7), the ‘Hate It Or Love It’ rapper took to Twitter to share his list, making a point to exclude himself from it but adding he’ll “go bar for bar with anybody on the list”.
Best rapper lists have long sparked debate in the world of hip-
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of The Prodigy‘s ‘Firestarter’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, Guns N’ Roses, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper and more through
- Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has shouted out The Courteeners in his victory speech after winning a second term – watch footage below.READ MORE: In praise of Andy Burnham, the King of the NorthBurnham won 67.3 per cent of the vote in the city as votes from this week’s elections came in yesterday (May 8).
When giving his victory speech, the Mayor took time to quote The Courteeners’ most famous lyric, from their hit ‘Not Nineteen Forever’.
“God bless the
- JAY-Z has reportedly filed a new trademark for a TV and film production company.READ MORE: Jay-Z – ‘4:44’ reviewAccording to TMZ, the rapper and mogul is planning to further expand his business ventures by entering into the world of TV and film production.
Through his S. Carter Enterprises company, JAY-Z has filed a trademark for the name “2/J” in the category of “entertainment services in the nature of creation, development, and production” of televisio
- Perry Farrell has announced details of a new song with his Kind Heaven Orchestra project.READ MORE: Perry Farrell: “I saw through the pandemic that the world really loves music”The Jane’s Addiction frontman launched the new project with his wife and collaborator Etty Lau Farrell for their 2019 album ‘Kind Heaven’.
New single ‘MEND’ is set to be released on May 21, and was co-written by Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, who plays on the track alongside
- Pop Smoke was shot and killed by a 15-year-old who was part of a group who wanted to steal his watch and jewellery, a Los Angeles Police Department detective testified last Friday (May 7).
As NY Daily News reports, these claims regarding the circumstances of the New York drill rapper’s death in February 2020 emerged in testimony given by Los Angeles Police Department Detective Carlos Camacho during a preliminary hearing for Corey Walker, a different suspect in the shooting and the only leg
- Common has recruited Damian Marley for a reggae remix of ‘What Do You Say (Move It Baby)’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Common on Joe Biden: “You have never heard any other president talking about systemic racism”The original version of the track features Los Angeles singer-songwriter PJ and appears on Common’s 2020 EP ‘A Beautiful Revolution (Pt.1)’.
“This remix took me to another place that I had never been musically,” Commo
- The band continued celebrations on Friday with a new digital release.
- The group returned this week with their latest single Higher Power.
- The singer-songwriter opens up on his writing process in an interview with W Magazine‘s Music issue.
- Sir Elton John has quipped that he will "throw a party" when he never has to play 'Crocodile Rock' again and has said he won't perform the hit once his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour ends.
- More potential details have emerged of Glastonbury‘s prospective two-day concert this summer.READ MORE: Everything we know so far about festival season 2021After Emily Eavis teased a gig at Worthy Farm for September time, further plans were shared in March, revealing that the festival had submitted an application to Mendip District Council for permission to hold a two-day event.
The application sought permission to stage live music and sell alcohol between 2pm and 11pm at a “sin
- Brett Anderson thinks Suede's third album 'Coming Up' was an "odd little pop record" but he's still very proud of it.
- Two more individuals have made allegations of sexual abuse against US DJ and producer Bassnectar, who is currently facing charges of human trafficking, sexual abuse of minors and the manufacture and possession of child pornography.
According to Rolling Stone, two women identified as Jenna and Jane Doe #1 have joined a pre-existing lawsuit filed in April against the musician – real name Lorin Ashton – and made similar allegations of sexual abuse and human trafficking. The lawsuit
- The Rolling Stones have announced they are releasing their Copacabana Beach concert in full for the first time.READ MORE: Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl’s coronabanger ‘Eazy Sleazy’ is lockdown in a songThe band’s historic performance in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil took place in front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel on February 8, 2006. With 1.5 million people in attendance, it’s one of the biggest free concerts in music history.
Now, the Stones are releasing the concert
- Noel Gallagher has discussed his time in lockdown, saying that the “biggest benefit” of the period was all the new music he wrote.READ MORE: 10 things we learned from Noel Gallagher’s huge ‘(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?’ interviewLast week, Gallagher announced details of a Greatest Hits album from his High Flying Birds, with ‘Back The Way We Came: Vol 1 (2011-2021)’ celebrating a decade of the band and being revealed alongside a brand new song
- Miley Cyrus performed a trio of tracks on last night’s episode of Saturday Night Live – see the performances below.READ MORE: Miley Cyrus – ‘Plastic Hearts’ review: pop superstar reborn as a freewheeling rock’n’rollerLast night’s (May 8) edition of the show was controversially hosted by Elon Musk, and marked Cyrus’ seventh time as the musical guest.
As well as playing the title track from her latest album ‘Plastic Hearts’, Cyrus a
- Royal Blood aren't looking for "any validation" from the release of their new album, 'Typhoons', as it is the body of music they've always wanted to create.
- Lindsey Buckingham says that he never got "closure" with former partner Stevie Nicks as they both continued to work with Fleetwood Mac.
- Creeper vocalist Will Gould’s side project Salem have announced a handful of UK tour dates, scheduled for October.
The tour will celebrate the arrival of Salem’s latest EP, ‘Salem II’, which was released last Friday (May 7). Their Join The Church tour will see them head to 19 stops over the course of the month.READ MORE: Creeper’s Will Gould on new band Salem: “These are spooky, silly, romantic punk rock songs”The shows will be supported by James And The
- English producer A.G. Cook has announced he has a remix album on the way, titled ‘Apple vs 7G’.
Revealing the news on Friday (May 7), the forthcoming record will feature reworks of songs from his two 2020 albums ‘Apple’ and ‘7G’. Remixes will come from a host of artists, including Caroline Polachek‘s recent rendition of ‘Oh Yeah’, as well as Charli XCX, No Rome, Hannah Diamond, Oklou, Baauer, Boys Noize and more.
To celebrate the news, A.G. C
- While the inaugural Mother’s Day Verzuz between Erykah Badu and Jill Scott was held virtually in each artist’s respective home last year, in 2021, Atlanta welcomed ’90s R&B girl groups Xscape and SWV with open arms.The livestream began with battling sets between DJ Aone and DJ Spinderella, formerly of Salt-n-Pepa, both going head to head with a crunk mix followed by a ’90s tribute set featuring Brandy, Adina Howard and Zhané. In partnership with Urban Decay, th
- Devonté Hynes – AKA Blood Orange – has released the original soundtrack he produced for Gia Coppola’s latest film Mainstream.
Mainstream landed in US cinemas on Friday (May 7), starring Spiderman‘s Andrew Garfield and Stranger Things‘ Maya Hawke. It follows Hawke’s character on her quest for internet stardom, enlisting a charismatic stranger (Garfield) to help her make videos.
Hynes’ 17-track score for the film was one he composed, performed,
- NCT 127 were thrilled to bring “Kick It” to Global Citizen’s streaming Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World.
“Get ready for a new level of visual art with our powerful song, Kick It!! It was a thrill for us to perform this stage while having the AR do its thing and putting twist to the performance. Excited to finally let you guys see it!!” the group tweeted just before the show streamed on Saturday night (May 8).
NCT 127 owned the stage with their smooth
- J Balvin’s participation in Global Citizen’s Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World was personal.
Balvin, who had revealed he battled COVID-19 last summer, said he does not want to see others suffer from the coronavirus like he did.
“I had COVID before. It almost killed me,” he revealed before taking the stage during Vax Live. “We don’t want people to feel what I felt.”Balvin, who’s from Colombia, said too few people are vaccinated there and ac
- The opening number of Global Citizen’s Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World was especially sentimental. Jennifer Lopez treated the crowd to a live cover of “Sweet Caroline” — a touching performance not only dedicated to her mother, but also featuring her.
“When I was thinking about what song to sing tonight, I remembered the song she used to sing to me as a baby,” J. Lo told the crowd after explaining that she missed spending Christmas with her during th
- Jade Thirlwall of Little Mix has reflected on the band's evolution.
- Julie E. “Tawny” Kitaen, the actress who appeared in several Whitesnake music videos and starred as Tom Hanks’ fiancée in Bachelor Party, was remembered by musicians, fellow actors and entertainment figures following her death on Friday morning (May 7).
Kitaen appeared on several RATT albums and in their “Back for More” video before co-starring in Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again,” video, as well as “Still of the Night,” “Is T
- Austra has shared a solo piano cover of FKA Twigs’ ‘Mirrored Heart’ – you can watch it below.READ MORE: FKA Twigs – ‘Magdalene’ review: an unstoppable force of nature rolls out her enormously ambitious visionTo celebrate the one-year anniversary of her 2020 album ‘HiRUDiN’, Katie Stelmanis, the Canadian artist who performs under the moniker Austra, performed a solo acoustic livestream concert last week at Toronto’s Roy Thompso
- Saturday Night Live will livestream internationally for the first time ever on YouTube as Tesla CEO Elon Musk hosts.
The stream will be available in over 100 countries around the world including Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. SNL airs on NBC at 11:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. PT.
Musk shared the announcement on Twitter Saturday afternoon. He is set to host Saturday Night Live’s May 8 episode with Miley Cyrus as the musical guest.
- Grimes, whose boyfriend Elon Musk is hosting Saturday Night Live, will be making an appearance on Saturday night’s show as well.
“Tune into SNL tonight to watch me try acting!” the singer wrote at the end of a lengthy caption for a teaser photo posted on Instagram Saturday afternoon (May 8).
Before sharing the news of her SNL appearance, Grimes had written, “Wow my auto dictation was on while I was talking to friend trying to write this post, so this is what my phone thin
14 May 202113 May 202112 May 202111 May 202110 May 202108 May 202107 May 202106 May 202105 May 202104 May 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!