Just don’t do it! Lizzo had a funny word of warning for her followers on TikTok Saturday (April 17) after apparently sliding into Chris Evans’ direct messages. “Don’t drink and DM, kids,” she captioned her clip, following those words of caution with “for legal porpoises this is a joke.”
The “Truth Hurts” singer explained the situation in a hilarious video. “The reason I’m upset about this one is because I know I’m not going
Taylor Swift’s Been ‘In the Studio All Day’ as ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ Arrives at No. 1 on the Billboard 200What a time to be a Taylor Swift fan: While Fearless (Taylor’s Version) makes its debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, making it her third new No. 1 album in less than a year, Swift is literally in the studio recording another album.
“Been in the studio all day recording the next one – it’s really so amazing what you all have done here,” Swift wrote on Sunday (April 18) as she retweeted and reacted to Billboard’s report that her re-recording of Fearless l
- DMX’s greatest hits compilation The Best of DMX soars from No. 73 (its prior peak) to No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart following the rapper’s death on Friday, April 9.
The set earned 77,000 equivalent album units (up 544%) in the U.S. in the week ending April 15, according to MRC Data.
Plus, two of DMX’s former No. 1 albums re-enter the chart — It’s Dark and Hell is Hot and Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood.
The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popul
- Redman has announced the long-awaited sequel to his classic 1996 album ‘Muddy Waters’.READ MORE: 20 essential tracks from the golden age of ’90s hip-hopDue to arrive this summer, ‘Muddy Waters 2’ will follow the rapper’s VERZUZ battle with longtime rhyme partner Method Man. Billed as a “4/20 Special”, the virtual event takes place on Tuesday (April 20) to celebrate the international weed smoker’s holiday.
Redman accompanied the news of his fo
Marc Anthony Is Offering His Livestream Concert for Free After Technical Difficulties Nixed Original EventMarc Anthony’s much-touted and highly awaited “Marc Anthony Una Noche” livestream concert will now stream free of charge to fans on the singer’s YouTube channel.
The show, originally slated for April 17 on the Maestro platform, was canceled the night of after “overwhelming demand caused a complete collapse of the streaming platform,” according to a statement issued by Anthony at 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Fans worldwide had paid between $25 and $40 per ticket,
- Travis Barker had more than just a lavish floral arrangement to mark Kourtney Kardashian’s birthday. The rocker shared a romantic — and steamy! — gallery of himself getting hot and heavy with the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star, who turned 42 on Sunday (April 18).
“I F—ING LOVE YOU!” he captioned the Instagram photos, which also included a rather NSFW video at the end. “YOU’RE A BLESSING TO THIS WORLD. HAPPY BIRTHDAY @kourtneykardash.”
- Flight Of The Conchords comedian Bret McKenzie has revealed that he worked on the upcoming Simpsons episode that sends up The Smiths.READ MORE: Homer and Marge self-isolate in a recent Simpsons episode, and none of us have even noticedThe episode, titled Panic On The Streets of Springfield, will reportedly see Lisa get a new imaginary friend – a depressed indie singer from 1980s Britain.
While the show has stopped short of getting Morrissey onboard to voice the character, th
Taylor Swift’s Re-Recorded ‘Fearless’ Album Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart With Year’s Biggest WeekMore than 12 years after Taylor Swift notched her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart in 2008 with her second studio set Fearless, she’s back atop the list with a re-recorded version of the album, titled Fearless (Taylor’s Version). The new set is her ninth No. 1 and scores the biggest week of 2021 for any album. It launches with 291,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending April 15, according to MRC Data.
The original Fearless album debuted at No. 1
- Mt. Westmore has arrived.
On Saturday night (April 17), the rap supergroup featuring Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40 and Too Short made its live performance debut during the Triller Fight Club event at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
For the 20-minute performance, the California hip-hop legends each took turns performing their solo hits before coming together to premiere Mt. Westmore’s upcoming single “Big Subwoofer,” Rolling Stone reports.Too Short touched on the Mt. Westmor
- Former Bad Boy artist scored massive hit in 2000 but was beset in recent years with serious health issues. He died Saturday after going into cardiac arrest
- Alice Cooper‘s music has been re-recorded to reach a new audience with the release of a lullaby album made for infants.READ MORE: Five things we learned from our In Conversation video chat with Alice CooperTitled ‘Lullaby Versions Of Alice Cooper’, the new record features soothing instrumental versions of some of the legendary rocker’s biggest hits including ‘Poison’, ‘School’s Out’ and ‘Under My Wheels’.
The album has been
- Chvrches have announced they will be premiering their new single ‘He Said She Said’ tomorrow evening (April 19).READ MORE: The Big Read – Chvrches: “The coven is pissed, the reckoning is coming”The synth-pop trio – comprised of Lauren Mayberry, Martin Doherty and Iain Cook – are due to release their fourth studio album sometime this year, having written and recorded it over the course of the coronavirus pandemic.
Today (April 18), the band took to social
- Mt. Westmore, the rap supergroup made up of Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Too $hort, and E-40, made its debut performance this weekend – watch it below.READ MORE: Ice Cube: “You can change the law faster than you can change people’s hearts”The four rappers first teased the new group last year before officially announcing it last month. Their debut album is reportedly set to arrive sometime this month, with more “volumes” coming in the future.
- DMX’s fiancé Desiree Lindstrom is mourning the loss of the late rapper.
On Saturday (April 17), Lindstrom shared a touching tribute on Instagram to the Yonkers-bred MC, who died on April 9 after experiencing a heart attack triggered by a drug overdose. He was 50.
“The first night we met and you held me close. I knew I would never let go. I was lost in you and nothing else mattered. My best friend, my baby, my love…truly my everything. Thank you for us,” Lindstrom
- The Official Chart: First Look, which airs on BBC Radio 1 today between 6pm – 7pm, offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s
- Black Rob, the former Bad Boy rapper best known for the single “Whoa!” released in 2000, has died, according to social media posts from fellow Bad Boy rapper Mark Curry. He was 51.
In recent days, Curry — who joined Rob on the 2001 Sean “Diddy” Combs track “Bad Boy for Life” — had been sharing updates about his health. Curry confirmed Rob’s passing Saturday (April 17) on Instagram.
“I don’t know where to begin this, but I thank ev
- Madonna has called for gun control in the US to be treated like “the new vaccination” following the recent deaths of Adam Toledo and Daunte Wright.READ MORE: The ages of Madonna – the evolution of an iconToledo, 13, was shot dead by a police officer in Chicago on March 29 after being chased down an alley by the officer. Wright, 20, was shot dead by a police officer in Minnesota on April 11 during a traffic stop. Both deaths have since prompted protests and greater demands
- California rap legends Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Too Short and E-40 perform their first collaborative single "Big Subwoofer" during boxing event
- Duo plays "I Got Mine," "Howlin’ for You," "Gold on the Ceiling" and "Lonely Boy" during their first concert since January 2020
- Marc Anthony’s much-touted “Marc Anthony Una Noche” livestream concert was suspended Saturday night (April 17) after “overwhelming demand caused a complete collapse of the streaming platform,” according to a statement issued by the singer. But fans will soon be able to see the show.
“I am doing everything in my power to make sure that the people that spent their hard-earned money have the opportunity to see the show as soon as possible and will make it right f
- Robert Fripp and Toyah Willcox‘s Sunday Lunch has continued today (April 18) with a cover of The Rolling Stones‘ ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ – watch the performance below.
The pair have been delighting fans during lockdown with their exuberant, hit-packed series of covers, shared each Sunday.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their video series last year, sharing renditions of son
- Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael Jackson, has opened up about her father in a new interview.READ MORE: Paris Jackson – ‘Wilted’ review: enthralling, inconsistent and, at times, excellentSpeaking to The Evening Standard, Paris discussed her new indie-folk album which has been influenced, as noted in the article, by artists including Radiohead‘s Thom Yorke and Grandaddy.
Whilst not leaning towards the pop music of her father, Paris said her father’s w
- Bobby Shmurda has teased upcoming collaborations with DaBaby, Lil Uzi Vert and more following his release from prison.
The rapper – whose real name is Ackquille Pollard – was freed from jail in New York back in February, after serving seven years behind bars for conspiracy and weapons possession.READ MORE: Eight reasons New York rap needs Bobby Shmurda backAppearing on the Maino Presents: Kitchen Talks podcast, Shmurda discussed an upcoming album that’s in the works,
- On Elton John’s Rocket Hour on Apple Music 1, Elton chats with Rina Sawayama about their new track together 'Chosen Family' and the meaning behind it, plus working together on the video and more.
- Die With Your Boots On is the name of the successful collaboration that launched back in 2019 between Iron Maiden and West Ham United.
- Little Simz has revealed details about her upcoming new album, ‘Sometimes I Might Be Introvert’.READ MORE: Little Simz: “People expect Black people to have all the answers”Speaking to The Observer, London rapper Simz explained that her fourth studio album was written largely in lockdown (in London and later Berlin) and that it explores her difficulty in opening up about her personal life in an industry where everyone is expected to be “an extrovert.&r
- The 93rd Oscars will be staged at Union Station in Los Angeles as well as the event''s usual home, the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
- The band’s fourth album featured the hits Bohemian Rhapsody and You’re My Best Friend.
- The star also failed to show up to the competition, which is considered a forerunner to the Olympic trials in Adelaide in June.
- Lil Nas X says he wants to feature Rihanna and Bad Bunny on a remix of his hit single ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’.
The song, which has topped charts and also attracted criticism since its release last month, returned to streaming services this week after it was temporarily removed.
In a series of tweets this week, the rapper asked his fans to check if the track was still available to stream on Apple Music in their respective countries. He then retweeted replies from fa
- Fyre Festival‘s co-founder Billy McFarland is reportedly out of solitary confinement in prison.READ MORE: Fyre Festival: Is this the worst ‘luxury’ festival of all time?McFarland is currently serving a six-year sentence after pleading guilty to multiple counts of fraud, including for the disastrous festival in the Bahamas in 2017.
McFarland spent six months of this sentence alone in solitary confinement after taking part in the recording of a podcast.
Last year, McFar
- Rap star Iggy Azalea has revealed she feels misunderstood.
- Ekaterine has heaped praise on Katie Melua, explaining that she's had a "big influence" on her career.
- A coronavirus pilot concert has been announced in Liverpool, with Blossoms set to headline the May event.
The gig, dubbed Sefton Park Pilot, comes as part of a host of government-organised pilot events in the lead up to England gradually exiting lockdown by the end of June.READ MORE: Restarting live music in 2021 – Gig and festival bosses on what to expect5,000 fans will be able to attend the May 2 event in Sefton Park, which normally holds 7,500 gig-goers. Attendees will have to take
- ‘All of Me’ hitmaker John Legend has revealed he was inspired to sing by family trips to church.
- Jesy Nelson is attracting interest from various labels as she embarks on a solo career.
- Evanescence have shared a music video for their song ‘Better Without You’, taken from their recently-released fifth album ‘The Bitter Truth’.
The clip was directed by filmmaker Eric D. Howell, who also helmed the video for previous single ‘Use My Voice’, also taken from the band’s latest album.READ MORE: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – Amy Lee, EvanescenceAlongside footage of the band ripping through the song, the intense visuals
- Kourtney Kardashian offered a glimpse at how Travis Barker is helping to ring in her 42nd birthday.
The reality star took to Instagram on Saturday (April 17) to show off a grand floral arrangement that included an intricate hanging installation, giving Barker credit with a tag on the Instagram Story. She posted a black heart next to his name.
Barker shared the celebration with his followers the day before her birthday, too, re-posting the clip as an Instagram Story on his own account.The couple
- The legendary songwriter Diane Warren has accumulated a dozen best original song Oscar nominations across five different decades, but she has never taken home a statuette.
No other woman in history, across all Oscar categories, has ever remained winless through this many noms.
This could all change at the 93rd Oscars on April 25, as the 64-year-old’s latest nominated tune — “Io si (Seen)” from the film The Life Ahead, which she cowrote with Laura Pausini — has alrea
23 Apr 202122 Apr 202121 Apr 202120 Apr 202119 Apr 202117 Apr 202116 Apr 202115 Apr 202114 Apr 202113 Apr 2021
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!