- SpaceX is putting together a rocket it hopes will fly high soon and get the company one step closer to Mars.
- Apple had originally set a deadline of April 30 for requiring apps for iPhone and iPad be built with the iOS 13 SDK. In a new developer blog post today, however, Apple has extended that deadline and many others.more…
The post Apple extends developer deadline for various App Store update requirements until June appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- Early benchmarks and reviews of the 2020 iPad Pro have indicated that performance is only marginally better than the 2018 iPad Pro. This year’s model features a new A12Z Bionic processor, but early indications from Notebook Check suggest there are minimal physical differences compared to the 2018 iPad Pro’s A12X Bionic processor.more…
The post Report claims new iPad Pro’s A12Z Bionic chip is just a ‘renamed A12X with an enabled GPU core’ appeared first on 9t
- Plus: COVID-19 has now killed more than 1,000 Americans, and the US Senate passes a $2 trillion stimulus package.
- This week's freebies: Get World War Z, Figment and Tormentor x Punisher anytime before April 2, after which they return to full price.
- At around 82,000, the US now has the most cases of COVID-19 globally.
- Apple today extended free trials for Final Cut Pro X while offering a new free trial for the first time for Logic Pro X customers worldwide.
The timely release of the new free trials will certainly help creatives and students that are forced to work and learn from home due to COVID-19 precautions. more…
The post Apple extends Final Cut Pro X free trial & offers new Logic Pro X trial for those at home appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- via macrumors.comApple is offering new free trial options for Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X, its video and audio editing software designed for professional projects, giving customers 90 days to try them out prior to a purchase.
The new longer trial options will be beneficial to those who are working from home, including students who are no longer able to work in a classroom environment, and those who are looking to try learning a new skill. The 90-day free trial options are available to all customers around th
- Governments could look for reasons to continue tracking people's activity, he says.
- This June, Apple’s WWDC 2020 brings a completely new online experience to millions of talented and creative developers around the world via the Apple Developer app.
Apple Developer app iconThis year, Apple invites developers to join the company for a fully packed program — including Keynote and sessions — to gain early access to the future of Apple platforms and engage with Apple engineers. At the online WWDC 2020, developers can dive into an exciting learning experience and di
- Apple Music notifications have never necessarily been a reliable source for new music releases. But Apple is now rolling out a new change that aims to bring notifications in-app. Read on as we explain what that means and how to enable it.more…
The post Apple Music adds in-app notifications for new releases, here’s how to enable them appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- The appliance maker is reportedly supplying 10,000 of its CoVent ventilators to the NHS.
- The appliance maker is reportedly supplying 10,000 of its CoVent ventilators to the UK's National Health Service.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled into a bear market in a mere 19 trading days spanning from mid-February to early-March, thanks to the COVID-19 coronavirus. The 20% fall — the traditional definition of a bear market — from an all-time high ended a more-than decade-long bull market.
Nicholas Jasinski for Barron’s:By that same definition, the coronavirus bear market also ended up being the shortest-lived in history.
On Thursday, the Dow surpassed a 20% gain from its low p
- Space Force blasted into space on Thursday.
- Following the handy feature previously arriving on iOS, the Music app on Mac has gained time-synced lyrics with the latest software release. Read on for how to use it in a few ways with Apple Music including full screen for some karaoke-style fun…more…
The post Mac: How to use time-synced lyrics with Apple Music appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- via macrumors.comAlongside new iPad Pros last week, Apple also refreshed the MacBook Air, adding more storage, faster 10th-generation processors, and an updated keyboard. We picked up one of the new machines to take a look at some of the upgrades added in the 2020 update.Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos.
Design wise, there are no real external changes to the MacBook Air's body, though to accommodate the new keyboard, it's just a bit thicker. It's 0.63 inches thick at its thi
- Thieves online could be taking advantage of the US' $2 trillion stimulus package, the bureau says.
- Two words: waffle castles.
- The messaging platform will provide information about the coronavirus.
- Today, Apple is rolling out a new feature that notifies Apple Music users when new albums, EPs, and videos from their favorite artists are released. The notifications appear prominently at the top of the Library tab in iOS.
Mitchel Broussard for MacRumors:The new feature first appears as a splash page in Apple Music on iOS, telling users that they can “see new music from artists you like.” This will let you get updates about new releases from artists you liste
- Due to COVID-19 coronavirus lockdown, surging traffic is causing an internet slowdown. As China locked down some provinces to contain the spread of the coronavirus in late January, average internet speeds in the country slowed as people’s online usage increased. In Hubei Province, the epicenter of infections, mobile broadband speeds fell by more than half. In mid-February, when the virus hit Italy, Germany and Spain, internet speeds in those countries also began to decline.
- via pcworld.comWhat happens when an Android die-hard switches to iPhone? Our Android expert explains where Apple impressed him—and where he experienced major pain points.
- "Oh, no, I ain't messing with you," said reporter Deion Broxton, the smartest man in journalism.
- Apple is rolling out an update to the Apple Developer app for iPhone and iPad that brings a few notable features. This update comes ahead of the forthcoming all online WWDC that Apple has announced for June.more…
The post Apple Developer app for iOS updated with multiple video playback speeds and more appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- A bug in Apple’s recent iOS releases, including this week’s iOS 13.4 is keeping VPNs from being able to fully encrypt user traffic and data. Apple is aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix. In the meantime, there’s an easy workaround you can use to keep your VPN connection working as intended.more…
The post Bug in iOS 13.3.1 and later keeps VPNs from encrypting traffic, but there’s a simple workaround appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- New video of Professor Robert Kelly's family shows Marion and James haven't lost their sassy style.
- “The new iPad Pro is a great tablet and an OK computer,” Ars Technica’s Samuel Axon writes in his review of Apple’s 2020 iPad Pro:Sure, Apple’s marketing tagline for the new iPad Pro says, “Your next computer is not a computer.” But this year’s update comes with full mouse and trackpad support, and that moves this device into completely new territory. It was always computer, of course, but there’s no room for ambiguity now…
As a tablet
- Long-lost TV show Doctor Who returned to our screens on this day in 2005 -- so we raise our sonic screwdrivers to 15 years of timey-wimey fantasticness.
- Usually held over Memorial Day weekend, this year's race is moving to Aug. 23.
- The race, usually held over Memorial Day weekend, can attract hundreds of thousands of spectators.
- The plug-in hybrid models make more power than the standard 3 Series, and return stellar fuel economy in the process.
- Options for every budget, skill level and appetite.
- Plus the best methods for thawing them.
- Plus the best methods for thawing it.
- Signing documents digitally is becoming more and more common and that will only increase as cities and countries around the world adapt to shelter-in-place orders. SignEasy is out today with an update that makes it the first digital signing service to support Apple’s Face ID to not only unlock the app but also to complete the signing process.more…
The post SignEasy becomes first digital signing app to support Face ID for completing documents appeared first on 9to5Mac.
- After the U.S. Senate passed the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus deal and despite record-setting jobless claims, Apple stock rallied and the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped more than 1,200 points in trading on Thursday at midday.
Scott Lehtonen for Investor’s Business Daily:
Late Wednesday, the U.S. Senate passed the $2 trillion stimulus plan, sending it to the House of Representatives. A vote there is scheduled for Friday. Per CNBC, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said coronavirus
- The smartwatch has heart rate monitoring and blood oxygen saturation monitoring features.
- The e-commerce giant is also prioritizing high-demand grocery and pantry items and has temporarily closed many of its retail stores.
- The next OnePlus phones seem to be nearing a release.
- A new option would let hosts offer homes for free to health care workers and first responders.
- via macworld.comIn today’s era of multi-terabyte hard drives and online storage, many of us don’t keep as close an eye on our disk usage as we used to. Still, even the largest drives fill up eventually. If you don’t know how to check your disk space use on your Mac, here’s where to look.Options 1 and 2: From the Finder
The Finder gives you a couple ways to see how much free disk space you have. These are the easiest ways.Preview your storage device. In macOS, if you select and item in t
- It's the puzzle-game reality exit I need and it's on sale now.
- The game's refinements and realism are the closest I can get to real 2020 dingers right now.
- The Department for Homeland Security has announced the deadline has been pushed back a year.
- Get out there and dance!
- How to play Valve's newest VR-only Half-Life game.
- Atari‘s “Missile Command: Recharged” is now available for iPhone and iPad.
“Missile Command: Recharged” is a re-imagining of the beloved classic with fast-paced, arcade action where players must defend their bases by blasting an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky. Launch counter-missiles to protect your base and target powerups to gain an edge at critical moments. “Missile Command: Recharged” will appeal to those that fondly remember playin
Gig workers with COVID-19 symptoms say it's hard to get sick leave from Uber, Lyft, Instacart - CNETThe gig economy companies promised workers paid leave if they got the virus or were quarantined. Here are stories from five people who've struggled to get help.
- Moment is out today with a great update to its Pro Camera app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. The headline change is a pro-level time-lapse feature that comes with granular control over interval and frame count, duration, exposure bracketing, the ability to include motion blur/light trails, and more.more…
The post Moment Pro Camera iOS app gets big update to shoot next-level time-lapses appeared first on 9to5Mac.
31 Mar 202030 Mar 202029 Mar 202028 Mar 202027 Mar 202025 Mar 202024 Mar 202023 Mar 202022 Mar 202021 Mar 2020
Follow @Apple_Newsl on Twitter!