- Sony can’t be pleased with case and accessory maker Olixar after it leaked images of some of its cases for Sony’s coming Xperia 1 III smartphone. The rub for Sony was that not only did Olixar show off its clear cases, but the renderings show the Sony smartphone essentially naked ahead of the official launch. Reports indicate that the images … Continue reading
- Fitnotes, a workout tracker app for Android, has emerged as one of the most popular platforms among fitness enthusiasts, according to a megathread on Reddit. In the thread about fitness-related apps, technological gadgets, and training gear, many people recommend Fitnotes. While some of them felt the app was great because it allowed users to self-analyse data, others ...
- Money Heist season 5, Sex Education season 3, You season 3, and Dhamaka due in H2 2021. The Witcher season 2, Cobra Kai season 4, Red Notice, Escape from Spiderhead slated for Q4 2021.
- Group-IB, a global threat hunting and adversary-centric cyber intelligence company have detected a large-scale scam campaign targeting Facebook Messenger users all over the world.
- TikTok is one of the world's most popular apps -- especially among youngsters -- and has around 100 million users in Europe alone. The COVID-19 pandemic, which shut many children up at home, has helped cement its success.
- Discord wants to focus on building the chat platform and making money from its user base that has grown quickly during the pandemic. A public listing is on the table but not imminent.
- Google will include a new feature in Android 12 to keep your device clean. The feature will be called "app hibernation" and will automatically detect apps that are less used and will put them in an ‘Unused apps’ section.
- Taiwan electronics manufacturer Foxconn is drastically scaling back a planned $10 billion factory in Wisconsin, confirming its retreat from a project that former U.S. President Donald Trump once called "the eighth wonder of the world."
- Meme-based cryptocurrency Dogecoin fell on Tuesday after hitting an all-time high in a wild session that saw supporters of the token once considered a parody use hashtags to fuel a rally until it lost steam.
Vivo Phones With Model Numbers V2066A and V2069A Spotted on TENAA Certification Site, Specifications TippedVivo smartphones with model numbers V2066A and V2069A have been spotted on China’s TENAA certification site. The V2069A is listed with dual-SIM 5G support, Android 11, and a triple rear camera setup. The phone with model number V2066A is listed as a dual-SIM 4G handset that runs Android 11 and packs a dual rear camera setup.
- Poco M2 Reloaded will not have a livestream event for its launch today, April 21, at 12pm (noon). The phone will go on sale at 3pm via Flipkart.
- Grofers CEO and Co-Founder Albinder Dhindsa took to Twitter just minutes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi concluded his address to the nation on Tuesday to reveal that more than 600,000 carts were created on the platform and waiting to checkout in anticipation of a national lockdown.
- Twitter announced plans to expand its engineering team in India that it described as a priority market and one of its fastest-growing markets globally.
- Amazon has launched the Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen) in India, priced at Rs. 12,999. The powerful new streaming device supports Ultra-HD HDR streaming, along with hands-free Alexa voice assistance and a hexa-core processor.
- Emilia Clarke is reportedly in final talks to join Marvel's Secret Invasion series, set to air on Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar worldwide. Clarke joins Olivia Colman, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, and Kingsley Ben-Adir.
- Foxconn is drastically scaling back a planned $10 billion (Rs. 75,400 crores) factory in Wisconsin, US, confirming its retreat from a project that former US President Donald Trump once called "the eighth wonder of the world."
- OnePlus Watch is up for grabs via OnePlus.in at an introductory price of Rs. 14,999. The smartwatch is listed in Midnight Black and Moonlight Silver colour options. Availability details of Cobalt Limited Edition still not known. OnePlus Watch is open to buy for Red Cable Club members on the company website. Interestingly, the ‘Add to Cart’ option is live for custo...
- Apple announced the next generation Apple 4K TV at its Spring Loaded event. The new sixth generation Apple TV packs A12 chipset and features a redesigned Siri Remote. Along with introducing the new Apple 4K TV, the company has made changes in its set-top box lineup and has discontinued the previous generation Apple TV 4K.
- Netflix said slower production of TV shows and movies during the pandemic hurt subscriber growth in the first quarter, sending shares of the world's largest streaming service down 11 percent.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max are set to go on sale today. Redmi Note 10 Pro comes with a starting price of Rs 15,999. While Redmi Note 10 Pro Max is priced at Rs 18,999 onwards.
- Apple on Tuesday announced the launch of attachable AirTags to help users track lost items, and the devices could become the focus of a rival company's challenge during a hearing before the US Senate on Wednesday.
- Messaging platform Discord has ended deal talks with Microsoft and plans to focus on expanding the business as a standalone company, sources familiar with the matter said.
Amazon app quiz April 21, 2021: Get answers to these five questions and win Rs 5,000 in Amazon Pay balanceResults of today’s quiz will be announced on April 22.
- A Boston-based startup is aiming to revolutionize coastal travel with an all-electric passenger aircraft that flies just above the water.
- Amazon is opening a hair salon in London. But no, it is not a new business model that the company is exploring. It is looking to test AR (augmented reality) technology that will allow customers to check how different hair styles will look on them. According to a report by The Verge, this includes an AR app that lets customers see what different hairstyles and colors look like on them before they decide on a change
- Usually, Apple’s big updates arrive on a Tuesday, so we can expect iOS 14.5 to roll out around April 27.
- EU antitrust regulators will examine Illumina Inc's proposed $7.1 billion acquisition of cancer test maker Grail Inc, the European Commission said on Tuesday, following a request from six countries on competition concerns.
- As part of the build-up to SpaceX's Crew-2 launch on Thursday, NASA has released a video featuring a series of quick-fire questions for the astronauts.
- via techcrunch.comSmartphones will be included in the scope of a planned ‘security by design’ UK law aimed at beefing up the security of consumer devices, the government said today.
It made the announcement in its response to a consultation on legislative plans aimed at tackling some of the most lax security practices long-associated with the Internet of Things (IoT).
The government introduced a security code of practice for IoT device manufacturers back in 2018 — but the forthcoming legislation
- Under the hood we have the A12Z Bionic chip, which makes the iPad Pro faster than many laptops you'll find.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!