- So you’ve finally decided to retire from your good, old EarPods. Lucky for you, we found spectacular discounts on one of the more recent models of the Apple AirPods.
- A year ago, we asked some of the most prominent smart home device makers if they have given customer data to governments. The results were mixed.
The big three smart home device makers — Amazon, Facebook and Google (which includes Nest) — all disclosed in their transparency reports if and when governments demand customer data. Apple said it didn’t need a report, as the data it collects was anonymized.
As for the rest, none had published their government data-demand figures.
- Through an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), it sought approval to raise USD 2 billion through qualified institutional placement, public issue, preferential shares or private placement.
- Looking for a meaningful gift for a loved one this holiday season? Consider Disney+ or even the Disney+ Bundle. Sure, it wouldn't be the most conventional present in the stocking, but it is a gift that keeps on giving, providing the recipient with endless entertainment through Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu. Killer.
- Facebook has clearly told US Attorney General William Barr that the social networking giant will neither remove encryption from its messaging apps nor will provide law enforcement agencies access to its encrypted services.
- The bustling city turned a "ghost town" after Samsung closed its last smartphone factory in China, the Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported on Wednesday.
- Wonder Woman 1984 will bring Gal Gadot back as the DC Comics superhero in June 2020, but the film's first trailer has created some questions that bother us so.
- App-tracking company Apptopia reports that the Disney+ app has already been downloaded onto mobile devices 22 million times since the streaming service launched on November 12.
- Waiting until the last minute to shop for the people on your holiday gift list can be stressful. We have found fantastic last-minute gift ideas, places to shop, retailers with speedy delivery times, and store hours so you can win at last-minute shopping.
- “Gaining a spot in the artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) electives today is like getting a first day ticket to superstar Rajinikanth’s movie,” says Prof V Kamakoti, faculty member at IIT-Madras’s computer science and engineering department.
- Treadmills are by far the most popular gym equipment for cardio workouts. Even inexpensive treadmills are often packed with features that allow the average person to add one to their home gym
- WhatsApp users on Windows Phones will be locked out forever after December 31, said Facebook. From February 1, 2020, any iPhone running iOS 8 or older will no longer be supported, along with any Android device running version 2.3.7 or older.
- If you are looking to stay ahead of the game when it comes to holiday weight gain and are in the market for some new fitness equipment, we have you covered.
- If you thought the saga of the $7,000 Apple Pro Display XDR couldn’t get any more ridiculous, prepare yourself for the proverbial cherry on top: The company insists that you only use the single special cleaning cloth that comes with the monitor. If you lose it, you’re advised to order another.
Apple, already under fire from longtime users for the ever-increasing price of its products, attracted considerable ire and ridicule when it announced the high-end monitor in June. Of course th
- Google's Pixel Slate and Pixelbook are gorgeously designed devices that also boast superb performances and excellent hardware components.
- Keep your weight in check this holiday season by investing in a digital scale. We recommend the Eufy C1 and the Fitbit Aria 2, two of our favorite bathroom scale models.
- PUBG Mobile v0.16.0 update has started rolling out and it brings a tonne of new content such as RageGear mode, Snow Paradise, mobile healing, and more.
- STRAP: Design thinking – the idea of co-creating innovative solutions with customers – is beginning to get deeply embedded in the psyche of techies
- Resso has been installed by about 27,000 users across the iOS App Store and Google Play, according to data compiled by Sensor Tower.
- Asus has slashed the prices of Asus Max Pro M1, Asus Max M2, and the Asus Max M1 by up to Rs. 1,000 in India.
- BENGALURU: Louis Selincourt has a remarkable track record of building offshore development centres in India for global companies.
- Buildings under construction are a maze of half-completed structures, gantries, stacked materials, and busy workers — tracking what’s going on can be a nightmare. Scaled Robotics has designed a robot that can navigate this chaos and produce 3D progress maps in minutes, precise enough to detect that a beam is just a centimeter or two off.
Bottlenecks in construction aren’t limited to manpower and materials. Understanding exactly what’s been done and what needs doing is a c
- The best smartwatch that you can buy is an Apple Watch. Get the Apple Watches Series 3, 4, or 5 on Amazon and Target right now at awesome discounted prices.
- The US Justice Department will review plans by Alphabet Inc-owned Google to buy fitness tracker maker Fitbit Inc for possible antitrust issues, a source told Reuters.
- Samsung may be planning a very exciting event for early 2020. A rumor says the Galaxy S11 and the next Samsung folding smartphone may arrive on February 18 next year.
- LG Gram 17 (17Z90N), LG Gram 15 (15Z90N), LG Gram 14 (14Z90N), and 14-inch LG Gram 2-in-1 (14T90N) are set to be showcased at CES 2020 in Las Vegas next month.
- Black Friday may be behind us, but Walmart's well of 4K TV deals isn't showing signs of drying up anytime soon. The retailer has discounted the price of the 60-inch Vizio E-Series from $750 down to just $430.
- Google Earth Pro is free for anyone to use, but getting it working can take a little work. Here's how to use the advanced version of the most capable, publicly available mapping tool in the world.
- Thinking of buying Apple’s Pro Display XDR with the nano-texture glass? You'll have to use the special Apple-provided cleaning cloth to avoid damaging that $7,000 display.
- The Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 4G LTE is one of the few cellular-connected WearOS smartwatches available, and it has now been released in the U.K. on the Vodafone network.
Follow @Gadgets_Newsl on Twitter!