- K-pop boyband SEVENTEEN have released the video for ‘Ready To Love’, from their brand-new mini-album ‘Your Choice’.READ MORE: SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi reveals the inspiration behind ‘Spider’The pastel-hued clip, which dropped today (June 18), features the 13-member group on various floral-themed sets – many featuring phrases such as “you are my escape” and “we used to be friends” in the background – as they perform the EDM-in
- DaBaby has responded yet again after being criticised for homophobic comments he made during his performance at Rolling Loud Miami over the weekend.
The rapper drew backlash after telling the crowd during his set on Sunday: “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS… put your cellphone light up… Fellas, if you ain’t sucking dick in the parking lot, put your cellphone light up.”
The insensitive comments quickly drew backlash online, with many levelling accus
- Lizzo has spoken out in response to a rumour that she “stage-dived at a concert and killed somebody”.
The pop star shared her thoughts on the rumour in a TikTok posted yesterday (July 28), saying: “I’ve seen a lot of annoying things about me on the internet, but the thing that bothers me the most is this rumour that I stage-dived at a concert and killed somebody.READ MORE: The NME Big Read: Lizzo: “If I feel worthy, then everyone gonna want to eat my pussy”&ld
- Jason Sudeikis says a certain Foo Fighters track is helping inspire the writing for the second season of one of TV’s most feel-good shows, Ted Lasso.
Speaking to Blink-182 bassist Mark Hoppus for the After School Radio show, the co-creator of the Apple TV+ series spoke about the significance of the rock band’s song “My Hero,” and in the process, revealed how it influences his work on the show. The connection is based in the comedian’s approach to sketch writing, whi
- Silk Sonic, the collaborative project of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak, have announced a “Summertime Jam” this Friday.
On social media, the duo posted an image of an alleyway with a red car, with an invitation to a “Summertime Jam” happening tomorrow (July 30). @BrunoMars @silksonic pic.twitter.com/zqjYBq7Rwt
— Big Tooth Bastard (@AndersonPaak) July 28, 2021Details are scarce, but many fans think this indicates a new Silk Sonic single called ‘Summertime Jam&rs
- Jackson Wang has released a cinematic music video for ‘Drive You Home’, his latest collaboration with Internet Money.READ MORE: JAY B on finding his voice: “I can’t stop doubting myself until I’m fully satisfied”The visual, which dropped today (July 29), stars Wang as an office worker who seems satisfied with his job. But soon we find out that his happy facade is all pretence as he tries to overcome a heartbreaking tragedy that resulted in the death of his lov
- Dusty Hill, the hirsute bass player with ZZ Top, has passed away at 72. He’ll be “greatly missed,” say his surviving bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, and he certainly won’t be forgotten.
The Texas blues-rock trio unleashed a string of hits, including “Legs,” “Sharp Dressed Man,” “La Grange,” and “Gimme All Your Lovin’” and they bagged seven albums on the Billboard 200’s top 10.The band’s stellar car
- Rapper addresses homophobic comments in sexist self-directed clip as GLAAD adds to the chorus of rebukes against him
- via music-news.comThe American gymnast pulled out of two finals at the Tokyo sporting event on Tuesday.
- Esmé Bianco’s harrowing accusations of sexual assault and abuse at the hands of Marilyn Manson are “untrue, meritless,” and part of a “coordinated attack by multiple plaintiffs,” the goth-rocker claims in a new court filing.
Earlier this year, Bianco, a star from the hit HBO series Game of Thrones, stepped forward to join others who’ve accused the musician of years-long abusive behavior. In the lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, Bi
- Earlier this week The Kid LAROI delivered a surprise concert on the roof of the Hollywood Palladium, where he was joined by Justin Bieber, Machine Gun Kelly and G Herbo.READ MORE: The Kid LAROI talks new single ‘Stay’ with Justin Bieber and shares update on debut albumThe Australian rapper announced the show a day before it was scheduled to take place on July 27, and revealed the location three hours prior to the concert. LAROI performed ‘Stay’, ‘Let Her Go&rsq
- DaBaby is once again addressing his homophobic comments made onstage at Rolling Loud Miami, this time with a new music video.
The “Giving What It’s Supposed to Give” video, released Wednesday afternoon (July 28), ends with a rainbow-colored message that says “Don’t Fight Hate With Hate,” as well as “My apologies for being me the same way you want the freedom to be you.”
The message appears to be in reference to his controversial onstage comments at
- Singer and producer Banoffee has announced the forthcoming release of her second album, ‘Teartracks’.
Due for release October 8, the album features collaborations with PC Music’s Planet 1999, fellow hyperpop artist Perto and Charli XCX touring band member Ceci G. It will also include Banoffee’s earlier single, ‘Tapioca Cheeks’.
In a statement, the artist – real name Martha Brown – said the new album is for “people who just want to stay indoor
- John Mayer’s Sob Rock rules Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart, as the singer-songwriter’s latest studio set debuts atop the list (dated July 31). The set sold 61,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending July 22, according to MRC Data — the biggest debut sales week for an album in nearly two months, since Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour started with 72,000 copies at No. 1 (June 5-dated chart).
Mayer leads a busy top 10 on Top Album Sales, which is infused with titles released
- Parcels have released their second track for the year, ‘Comingback’, along with an accompanying music video.
‘Comingback’ follows on from the band’s previous single, ‘Free’, which arrived last month. Following its release, Parcels shared a live performance of the track, filmed in the small Australian town of Silverton.
The song’s music video was directed by Oliver Rose, who has previously worked on several of the band’s clips as a director of
- Daughters Of Reykjavík have dropped off their latest single, ‘Hot Milf Summer’ – you can watch the song’s video below.READ MORE: Daughters Of Reykjavík – ‘Soft Spot’ review: uncompromising feminist rap collective spit some truthThe feminist hip-hop trailblazers’ new track comes after four of the nine members recently became mothers, which in turn inspired them to deliver an empowering message of motherhood.
- Back in April of 2020, global music marketplace BeatStars inked a partnership agreement with Sony Music Publishing. Now, the entities have expanded their professional relationship with the “official launch” of BeatStars Publishing. Sony Music Publishing and BeatStars – which Lil Nas X utilized when creating “Old Town Road” – announced the formal rollout of BeatStars […]
The post BeatStars Expands Sony Music Publishing Partnership With “Official La
- Ventura was known for classics such as "Patacon Pisao,” “Pitaste," "El Elevador," and "Merenguero Hasta la Tambora."
- Amyl And The Sniffers have released a new single called ‘Security’ – you can watch the track’s wild video below.READ MORE: Amyl and The Sniffers: “Scott Morrison is fucking the environment and the working class”The Australian punks, led by captivating frontwoman Amy Taylor, announced earlier this month that they will release ‘Comfort To Me’, the follow-up to their 2019 self-titled debut album, on September 10 via Rough Trade Records.
- ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill has passed away in his Houston home, aged 72. The band shared a statement on Wednesday announcing the bassist’s death. “We are saddened by the news today that our compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX,” the statement reads. “We, along with legions […]
The post ZZ Top Bassist Dusty Hill Has Passed Away – Age 72 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Rapper DaBaby issued a half-baked apology for homophobic comments made during his Rolling Loud set on Saturday. It wasn’t enough to save an endorsement deal with UK-based Boohoo. DaBaby tweeted last night that his comments were insensitive, and he had no intention to offend. “Anybody who done ever been effected [sic] by AIDS/HIV y’all got […]
The post DaBaby Dropped by British Fashion Line Boohoo Following Homophobic Rant appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Rapper DaBaby apologizes for comments made during his Rolling Loud set on Saturday. DaBaby tweeted last night that his comments were insensitive, and he had no intention to offend. “Anybody who done ever been effected [sic] by AIDS/HIV y’all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no […]
The post DaBaby Apologizes, Dropped by Fashion Line Following Homophobic Rant appeared first on Digital Music News.
- This is branded content created in partnership with Sound Mind.
Community is what drives Troy Donald Jamerson, better known as Pharaoahe Monch. The Queens-born MC known for his decades-long career built on complex, interlocking lyrics and rhymes credits his intimate knowledge of Black America’s struggle for stability as a formative force in his life. Troy’s mother and father both worked punishing early shifts, and Troy saw how that hard work provided stable ground in the face of adve
- Legendary merengue singer Johnny Ventura (real name: Juan de Dios Ventura Soriano) died on Wednesday (July 28), Billboard has learned. He was 81 years old.
The famed singer-songwriter, arranger and bandleader died of a sudden heart attack and was pronounced dead at Clínica Unión Medica del Norte in Santiago, according to El Tiempo.
Just three hours before his death was announced, Ventura shared a video of himself dancing with one of his fans and wrote: “I miss the human warmt
- Bryan Adams has a new label home, his first since signing with A&M Records for one whole dollar in 1978. The Canadian rocker, who soundtracked a good portion of eighties kids’ lives with hits like “Cuts Like a Knife” and “Summer of ’69,” among many others, has inked a deal with BMG to release his next album.
The new record doesn’t have a title or release date yet, but Adams said in a recent Instagram chitchat that a “rocker” of a single i
- A new project hopes to preserve music in a doomsday vault for future generations. The vault is under construction near the North Pole, according to an initial report from Billboard. The vault is designed to store significant recordings from classic Beatles hits to Australian indigenous tunes. A company called Elire’s Global Music Vault says the […]
The post Helping Music Survive Doomsday? New Conservation Project Underway appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Posty Fest is back.
On Wednesday (July 28), Post Malone announced that he will host and headline the third annual Posty Fest on Halloween weekend, Oct. 30 and 31. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, this year’s festivities will take place outside of AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Special pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase online via SeatGeek beginning Thursday at 10 a.m. local time. On Instagram Wednesday, Post Malone wrote, “Presale tom
- After DaBaby was roundly criticized for his homophobic comments onstage at Rolling Loud Miami on Sunday night, GLAAD has released a response, calling the rapper’s remarks “inaccurate, hurtful, and harmful” to the LGBTQ community and those living with HIV.
During his set at Rolling Loud’s closing night, DaBaby told the crowd, “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases, that’ll make you die in two to th
- Despite getting left at the altar by Bill Ackman-led SPAC Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, Universal Music Group seems to be walking it off without problem — with strong earnings generating plenty of momentum ahead its touted IPO. Mega-major Universal Music Group now has a bolt of momentum heading into its planned Q4 public offering, thanks […]
The post What Cancelled SPAC Deal? Universal Music Group H1 Earnings Surge 38% Year-Over-Year appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Keith Richards welcomes Texas trio into Cleveland institution
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!