Ty Dolla $ign voiced how apparent police brutality in America continues to be after George Floyd, a Black man from Minnesota who died after a white cop knelt on his neck (the independent autopsy recently ruled it a homicide due to asphyxiation), in a new song he recorded last night (May 31).
The R&B crooner recorded the anthem for change alongside Skrillex, Ant Clemons, German DJ Virtual Riot and Nia Miranda, an actress and activist who garnered a lot of attention while attending this weeken
- In the midst of a global pandemic, quarantine, and social distancing, music artists have found creative ways to continue blessing fans with new songs and videos. A new favorite: animated music clips.
Though cartoon or emoji-inspired visuals are not a new fad in the music industry, it’s definitely becoming a growing trend in 2020 as a result of everyone being limited to traveling and filming videos in big groups because of the current health crisis.
Many Latin artists are jumping on board,
- Beabadoobee will offer a first taste of her upcoming debut album next week with the track ‘Care’.
Read More: The NME Big Read – Beabadoobee: “I want to live in the ‘90s!”
The Dirty Hit signee, who bagged the NME Radar Award in February, released her acclaimed ‘Space Cadet’ EP in 2019. It featured the tracks ‘She Plays Bass’ and ‘I Wish I Was Stephen Malkmus’.
Tonight (July 8), Bea posted a behind-the-scenes ‘In Th
- Blackpink scored its first top 40 single when the girl group’s comeback single “How You Like That” debuted at No. 33 on the Billboard Hot 100 (dated July 8). But which K-pop group could make it to No. 1 on the chart?
BTS has come close in the past three top 10 hits — “ON” from the boy band’s latest LP Map of the Soul: 7 reaching all the way to No. 4 in March, the Halsey-assisted “Boy With Luv” securing the No. 8 spot last April, and
- The long-running courtroom battle between Spotify and independent music label Sosa Entertainment is raging on, as the leading music streaming service has elaborated on its far-reaching fraud counterclaims in a new filing. Spotify recently submitted the 70-page-long document to a Florida federal court, and a copy of the comprehensive text was shared with Digital Music […]The post Spotify Doubles Down on Fraud Allegations Against Indie Label Sosa Entertainment appeared first on Digital Musi
- Eminem and Kid Cudi will release a collaborative new single called ‘The Adventures of Moon Man and Slim Shady’ this week.
Read More: Eminem: ‘Music To Be Murdered By’ review: shock rapper continues to grow old disgracefully
An announcement of the team-up came this evening (July 8) via Cudi’s official Twitter page, where he posted a video of his daughter Vada. “And now a word from Princess Vada the chosen…”, the rapper captioned the clip.
- via rollingstone.comProducer received between $150,000 and $350,000 from CARES Act to ensure his team of 12 employees were paid during pandemic
- Harry Styles is lulling fans to sleep by bringing his honeyed voice to the Calm app with his latest partnership. But what musician’s vocals would help you catch some Z’s?
With a song like “R.E.M,” Ariana Grande might do just the trick and make sure you “don’t wanna wake up wake up, wake up, wake up.” But the punk poet laureate Patti Smith proves she’s a storytelling veteran with many award-winning titles to her name, while&
- via music-news.comLin-Manuel Miranda joined Zane Lowe on Apple Music to run through his ‘At Home With’ playlist. The award-winning multi-hyphenate
- Instagram is launching Reels in India just days after the government banned Chinese-owned TikTok. The new feature allows Instagram users to share short-form videos – much like TikTok. It fills a huge void that ByteDance estimates will cost TikTok $6 billion in the long run. 45% of videos on Instagram are already fifteen seconds or […]The post After TikTok Ban, Instagram Launches ‘Reels’ Competitor in India – U.S. Next? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Instagram is launching Reels in India just days after the government banned Chinese-owned TikTok. The new feature allows Instagram users to share short-form videos – much like TikTok. It fills a huge void that ByteDance estimates will cost TikTok $6 billion in the long run. 45% of videos on Instagram are already fifteen seconds or […]The post After TikTok Ban, Instagram Launches ‘Reels’ Competitor in India — Is America Next? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Get ready for a peek into “The Adventures of Moon Man and Slim Shady.”
That’s right, Eminem and Kid Cudi are teaming up for a collaboration, out this Friday (July 10).The song was announced via an adorable video by Cudi’s daughter, Vada Wamwene Mescudi. “Hi! It’s Vada, I’m here to say that my daddy’s new single, ‘The Adventures of Moon Man and Slim Shady,’ is coming on Friday! Check it out,” she says while grinning in the sho
- Attorneys for Lady A, formerly known as Lady Antebellum, have filed a suit against blues singer Anita White who goes by the name Lady A.
According to the suit, filed Wednesday (July 8) in Nashville’s U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, the case arises from White’s “attempt to enforce purported trademarks rights in a mark that Plaintiffs have held for more than a decade.”
The suit also alleges that after conversations broke down between
- Pinegrove have released an expanded version of their latest album ‘Marigold’, and shared a video for the track ‘Endless’ – watch it below.
The New Jersey outfit’s original ‘Marigold’ record arrived in January. Reviewing the project, NME said that the band “had enter[ed] into a new, more adult phase of their career, their flashy radicalism muted into a more subtle, less immediate aesthetic.”
Today (July 8), Pinegrove released the expande
- Owing to health concerns stemming from the novel coronavirus, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has canceled its 2020 live induction ceremony and opted instead to release a special about this year’s nominees. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame higher-ups made the unfortunate announcement this morning, via a social media post and a statement. […]The post Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Cancels Its Live Induction Ceremony appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Haim scores its first No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Rock Albums chart with Women in Music, Pt. III, which bows atop the ranking dated July 11.
The set starts with 27,000 equivalent album units (19,000 via album sales) earned in the tracking week ending July 2, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.
The coronation exceeds Haim’s previous best of No. 2 on Top Rock Albums, achieved by both of the sister trio’s first two LPs, Days Are Gone (October 2013) and Something to Tell Yo
- The latest Apple HomePod beta brings an option to choose a new default music player. The update arrived yesterday as part of the iOS 14 beta 2. iOS 14 has been making waves after new privacy features revealed shady behavior from apps like TikTok. Now Apple is shoring up accusations of anti-competitive behavior by opening […]The post New HomePod Beta Adds Option to Choose New Default Music Player appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Roddy Ricch rises 2-1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Songwriters chart (dated July 11), adding a record-tying 10th total week on top.
The rapper rules thanks to four songwriting credits, all in the top 40, on the latest Billboard Hot 100. Leading the way, DaBaby’s “Rockstar,” on which he’s featured, scores a fourth week at No. 1. Roddy Ricch wrote it with DaBaby and SethInTheKitchen.Here’s a look at all four of Roddy Ricch’s writing credits on the Hot 100.
- The 1975 have shared a new video for their track ‘Yeah I Know’ featuring a robot drawing the conscious mind – you can watch it below.
Read More: The NME Big Read – The 1975: “I just hope that my honesty is not seen as self-indulgent”
Matty Healy and co. released the artistic video alongside Ben Ditto who has curated an online exhibition of 15 artists responding to tracks from the album. For this video 07 Ai-Da responds to ‘Yeah I Know&rsqu
- Emmy The Great has announced a new solo album, a love letter to Hong Kong.
‘April / 月音’, her fourth album, will be released on October 9 via Bella Union as her new song ‘Dandelions / Liminal’ is online now.
The songwriter, who returned to her birth city Hong Kong in 2018, last released a solo record in 2017, and since then has been kept busy with her film and television work.Speaking about her home town, she explains in a lengthy post: “My story
- Saturday Night Live viewers thought Colin Jost took up guitar lessons during quarantine when the instrument unintentionally guest-starred on the first at-home Weekend Update. But in an interview with The New York Times published today (July 8), he blamed his fiancée Scarlett Johansson for the fluke.
“Scarlett had that guitar forever and it was in the quarantine,” Jost said during the interview. “She was like, ‘Maybe I should learn to how to play,&rsq
- Liam Payne has not let social distancing keep him from staying close to fans during the COVID-19 pandemic, launching the fan favorite Weekly Round Up series on Youtube, catching up with Harry Styles in a much discussed TikTok Facetime session and hinting at a possible reunion for One Direction, which celebrates its 10-year anniversary this month.
Today Payne announced his return to the stage with The LP Show, debuting July 17 at 1 p.m. PT on Veeps, an online experiential
- via music-news.comDemi Lovato was nervous nobody would want to manage her due to her past problems.
- Apple’s next-generation ‘AirPods 3’ will feature system-in-package chip technology – like the AirPods Pro. Industry analyst Ming-Chi Kuo shared the prediction via Twitter. The AirPods 3 featuring a SiP chip would replace the surface mount technology (SMT) the current devices use. So what’s the difference, you ask? SiP chip systems allow manufacturers to pack more […]The post AirPods 3 Will Feature SiP Technology, Much Like AirPods Pro – Report appeared
- My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way soundtracks the end of the world with his solo single “Here Comes The End” for Netflix’s second season of The Umbrella Academy.
The rock band’s lead singer, who wrote the dysfunctional superhero family comic book series of the same name that the show is based on, released the track featuring Judith Hill today (July 8) along with the second season’s trailer. But releasing music like his solo quarantine EP Distract
- Travis have shared a new track called ‘Valentine’ – you can listen to it below.
The Scottish band announced their ninth studio album ’10 Songs’ last month, while also offering up its first cut ‘A Ghost’.
Arriving yesterday (July 7), the raw, electric guitar-led new single ‘Valentine’ was written and recorded in London late last year.
“’Valentine’ was recorded as a predominately live performance in December 2019 at RAK S
- With less than four months until the U.S. presidential election, the dance world is using its weapon of choice, music, to get people registered to vote.
A new event called Rave the Vote will host four voter registration livestreams and fundraisers on July 24, August 14, September 11 and October 2 in an effort to get dance fans to the polls. These politically-minded online raves will be hosted by Lost Resort, the livestream event that’s been hosted each week by Tokimonsta since the beg
- Grammy-winning jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, along with Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, longtime New Yorker staff writer Malcolm Gladwell, and an array of other prominent figures, has signed a letter denouncing cancel culture. The Handmaid’s Tale author Margaret Atwood and political activist Noam Chomsky joined Wynton Marsalis in lending their names to the open letter, […]The post Wynton Marsalis Joins J.K. Rowling, Malcolm Gladwell, Others In Denouncing Cancel Culture appeared
- via rollingstone.comAhead of new LP 'Beyond the Pale,' the singer talks Pulp's legacy, screaming Billie Eilish fans, and his accidental quarantine anthem
Former Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan issues statement after assault sentencing: “I am completely to blame and accept all responsibility”Former Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has issued a statement after being convinceted of assault, saying he is “completely to blame and accept[s] all responsibility” for his actions.
The Leceister band announced on Monday (July 6) that Meighan would be stepping down as frontman “by mutual consent” in order to “concentrate all his energies on getting his life back on track”. Then Yesterday (July 7), the singer appeared at Leicester Magistrates Court to face a cha
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!