- via music-news.comTom Grennan, Mimi Webb and Shaybo took to the stage at Amazon’s ‘Prime Day Live’ presented by Amazon Music.
- Ahead of the expected release of Donda, Kanye West has scheduled an album release event in Atlanta.
Kanye West Presents the Donda Album Release will take place on Thursday, Aug. 5 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium — where the rapper has been living as he completes work on his 10th album, and the location where his Donda listening event to preview the highly anticipated project went down about a week ago. The planned start time for the event is 9 p.m. ET.
Tickets for the Aug. 5 event will be on sale
- Broadway theatergoers will need to prove they’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19 and masks will be required when theaters reopen in the coming weeks, producers announced Friday (July 30).
Audience members will have to wear face coverings and show proof they are fully vaccinated by a FDA or WHO authorized vaccine when they enter the theaters until at least the end of October, the Broadway League said in a news release.
“Get vaccinated, and we’ll see you in the fall,” tweeted
- Slipknot released a moving tribute video to honor drummer Joey Jordison, who died on July 26 at the age of 46.
The band’s 8-and-a-half minute video highlights Jordison’s performances, as well as interview excerpts and behind-the-scenes clips.
“Our hearts go out to Joey’s family and loved ones at this time of tremendous loss. Joey Jordison’s art, talent, and spirit could not be contained or be held back. Joey’s impact on Slipknot, on our lives, and on the music
- Earlier this month, YouTube stream-ripping websites FLVTO.biz and 2conv.com – as well as their owner, Russia native Tofig Kurbanov – pushed back against an order to compile and turn over data logs as part of their legal showdown with the RIAA. Now, the parties are refusing to cooperate with discovery, and their lawyers have filed […]
The post FLVTO.biz Lawyers Move to Withdraw As the Stream-Ripping Giant Refuses to Comply With Discovery appeared first on Digital Music News.
- via mtv.comBillie Eilish's album 'Happier Than Ever' reckons with her celebrity across 16 staggering tracks. We break it down track by track and mood by mood.
- Rapper T.I. has spoken out in defense of DaBaby after the homophobic rant at Rolling Loud. The Atlanta-area rapper took to Instagram Live to share a message with his fans. “Everyone is up in arms and upset about what DaBaby said,” T.I. says, sitting in his vehicle. “I understand people saying that they feel that […]
The post T.I. Says DaBaby Is Getting “Bullied, Villainized, Crucified – That’s Not Equality” appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Tom DeLonge, who was a longtime member of Blink-182, has shared a positive update about former bandmate Mark Hoppus’ health amid his battle with cancer.
On Thursday (July 29), DeLonge posted a throwback photo of himself with Hoppus circa the mid-’90s, when they recorded and released Blink-182’s debut album, Cheshire Cat.
“Me and @markhoppus about to record Cheshire Cat @blink182 – AND – Mark is doing well!” DeLonge, who co-founded the band with Hoppus in
- As we inch closer toward the end of summer, it’s time to take another look at those summer playlists and add some new music from your favorite queer artists. Billboard Pride is here to help with First Out, our weekly roundup of some of the best new music releases from LGBTQ artists.
From L Devine’s excellent new single to the latest dark-pop banger from Pvris, check out just a few of our favorite releases from this week below:L Devine, “Priorities”Of all th
- Bob Dylan can rest easy that he won’t have to hand over a portion of his $300 million sale of his entire song catalog to Universal Music. On Friday, a New York judge rejected a complaint from the estate of Jacques Levy, who collaborated with Dylan on his 1976 album Desire.
Levy’s widow targeted at least $7.25 million from the sale of 10 songs, including “Hurricane,” but Dylan argued that the songs were written under a work-for-hire agreement that only entitled him to roya
- About one week ago, Suffolk’s Latitude Festival returned after being canceled in 2020 due to the pandemic. And though the festival attracted some 40,000 fans across each of its four days, local health officials thus far have identified just 20 or so COVID-19 cases among attendees. Acts including Wolf Alice, The Chemical Brothers, Rick Astley, […]
The post Local Health Officials Report Just 20 COVID-19 Cases From 40,000-Attendee Latitude Festival appeared first on Digital Music News.
- First Stream Latin is a compilation of the best new Latin songs, albums and videos recommended by the Billboard Latin editors. Check out this week’s picks below.
Nicky Jam, “Miami” (La Industria Inc./Sony Music Latin)
Nicky Jam is reminiscing about an old fling in his new single “Miami.” The track kicks off with a soft piano melody before transitioning into a slow-tempo romantic reggaeton beat 45 seconds in. In the song named after his hometown, the Puerto
- "Joey Jordison’s art, talent, and spirit could not be contained or be held back. Joey’s impact on Slipknot, on our lives, and on the music that he loved, is incalculable," band writes
- On the title track to the superstar's new album, she experiences a cathartic pop-punk release that’s been bottled in her for far too long
- With Sublime's breakthrough album hitting its 25th anniversary, bassist Eric Wilson shares memories of the band's birth
- The War and Treaty provide harmonies in the track, the latest song and music video from one half of Indigo Girls
- It’s that time of the month again! As July comes to a wrap, Billboard is curious to know what’s the best Latin collaboration of the month, according to fans.
Highlighted in the fan-based poll (not affiliated with any awards show) are all the Latin collabs featured on Billboard’s weekly First Stream Latin including Enrique Iglesias comeback track “Me Pase” with Farruko, Gloria Trevi and Guaynaa’s flirtatious “Nos Volvimos Locos,” and Daddy Yankee&rs
- via nme.comLil Nas X has responded to rapper Boosie Badazz’s homophobic Instagram Live diatribe that was launched in his direction.
In a series of since-deleted tweets, Nas X posted on Thursday (July 29) in response to Boosie threatening to “beat his ass” while using homophobic slurs against the 22-year-old.
The video clip saw Boosie defending DaBaby‘s homophobic comments about HIV and AIDS at Rolling Loud Miami – which the rapper later doubled-down on in response to the backl
- This week, we did a deep dive into South Africa’s amapiano scene and heard from a roundtable of dance event promoters, who shared their experiences of getting shows back in motion amidst the lingering pandemic.
We also saw Illenium and Swedish House Mafia make moves on the dance/electronic charts, with Illenium’s new LP Fallen Embers debuting at No. 1 on Top Dance/Electronic Albums and both of Swedish House Mafia’s new singles debuting on Dance/Electronic Songs.
- Aretha Franklin’s legacy is getting the proper Respect it deserves in a new clip from the forthcoming biopic about the late superstar’s life. The minute-long clip features Jennifer Hudson portraying the Queen of Soul as she belts out her world-famous signature song “Respect.”
Following a couple of teasers and trailers, the new video is the first full-length look into the biopic, directed by Liesl Tommy and coming out Aug. 13. The film follows Franklin from her beginn
- McDonald’s is collabing with hip-hop artist Saweetie for its next celeb meal deal. The fast-food chain announced yesterday that the ‘Saweetie Meal’ would arrive on August 9. The limited-edition menu item includes a Big Mac, 4-piece chicken nuggets, medium fries, medium Sprite, and BBQ and sweet n’ sour sauce. McDonald’s has renamed its signature Sweet […]
The post McDonald’s Music Meal Partnerships Explode Sales – Saweetie Meal Is Next appeared fi
- The movie, which stars Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, is out now
- Widow of Jacques Levy sought 10-song share of Dylan's $300 million publishing deal
- Country singer's dynamic voice is on display in title track of her upcoming debut album
- via nme.comPoppy has announced the release of a new album called ‘Flux’ – you can watch the video for its title track below.READ MORE: Poppy live in LA: a playful, poised and punk dispatch from a post-genre worldThe Massachusetts singer-songwriter, who released the surprise EP ‘Eat’ last month, teased the arrival of the new full-length project on social media earlier this week, before officially announcing it today (July 30).
Set to be released on September 24 via Sumerian, &l
- This week, Rick Astley celebrated the one billionth view of ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ on YouTube. The 1987 single became the target of internet trolls with ‘rickrolls,’ helping to boost the music video’s popularity. Astley has always been good-natured about the song’s use as a harmless prank on the internet. He’s leaning into its […]
The post Rick Astley’s ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ Hits 1 Billion YouTube Views appeared first on D
- via music-news.comLittle Mix have made history as the first girl band to rack up 100 weeks in the Officials Singles Chart top 10, after their hit single 'Heartbreak Anthem' landed at number seven this week.
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Halsey’s about-face beauty brand is dipping its toes into the accessories world.
The company teamed up with Dickies apparel this week to launch two limited edition bags. While the crossbody bag is already sold out, the adorable mini backpack is still available to purchase here.
The canvas bag, co-designed by Halsey herself, comes in a rich chocolate brown colo
- It was a good week for music fans when it comes to eagerly anticipated new offerings in these final days of July.
Billie Eilish’s Happier Than Ever, the follow-up to her critically acclaimed studio debut album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? finally dropped Friday (July 30), offering fans a deep dive into her psyche. She also delivered a second glimpse the same day, releasing the video for the title track.Silk Sonic — the duo of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak — fin
- Apple HomePod sales saw a 180% boost after the launch of the HomePod mini. The $99 HomePod mini is Apple’s main focus now after discontinuing its larger HomePod. A report from market research company Omdia shows how that decision helped Apple snipe massive market share from Amazon in the smart speaker market. The original HomePod […]
The post HomePod Sales Grow 180% After HomePod Mini Launch – New Model Likely appeared first on Digital Music News.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!