The Knife have announced a new “audio-visual experience” to celebrate their 20th anniversary as a band.
The Swedish duo – comprising Karin and Olof Dreijer – released their self-titled debut album back in 2001, having dropped their first seven-inch single the previous year.READ MORE: The Knife – ‘Shaken Up Versions’ – reviewAfter sharing a host of rare and unreleased material last summer, the electronic outfit are continuing to mark the two-decade
- The Prodigy have shared a new version of their 1996 classic single ‘Breathe’, featuring vocals from Wu-Tang Clan‘s RZA.READ MORE: Keith Flint, 1969-2019: the twisted face of rave, the beating heart of The ProdigyHaving teased the track earlier this week, the new version (dubbed the ‘Liam H And René LaVice Re-Amp’) features production from the band’s Liam Howlett alongside Canadian producer René LaVice. It’s taken from the soundtrack to Fast
Robert Randolph, Nile Rodgers and More Kick Off Inaugural Juneteenth Unityfest: ‘We Finally Have Our Own Day’On Saturday (June 19) the Robert Randolph Foundation will premiere its inaugural Juneteenth Unityfest. Hosted by comedian JB Smoove and actress-author Amanda Seales, the festival will feature performances by Earth, Wind & Fire, Nile Rodgers, Ledisi, India.Arie, Dave Matthews and Randolph himself.
African-Americans have long celebrated Juneteenth — aka Black Independence Day — to commemorate the end of slavery 156 years ago on June 19, 1865. But this year the observance
- Bullet For My Valentine have announced details of their self-titled seventh album – listen to its first single ‘Knives’ below.
The Welsh band’s new album, which vocalist Matt Tuck previously teased as “brutal, heavy, and technical,” will come out on October 22 via Spinefarm/Search & Destroy.
“This is the beginning of Bullet 2.0,” Tuck said in a statement. “It signifies where we are right now. The music is fresh, it’s aggressive, it&
- Pixie Lott and Oliver Cheshire are willing to wait until there is no restriction on wedding guests.
- Fans can win one-of-a-kind prizes by supporting the campaign.
- Beck says he was planning to sample Labi Siffre’s ‘I Got The…’ before Eminem beat him to it.
Marshall Mathers famously used the track in his massive 1999 hit ‘My Name Is…’, but wasn’t the first to think about sampling the 1975 song.READ MORE: The Big Read – Beck: “Was the ’90s a golden time for rock music? It was more like tarnished brass”Speaking to Matt Wilkinson on Apple Music to mark 25 years of his fifth album ‘
- Salsa star Gilberto Santa Rosa is the latest Latin artist to announce live fall dates after the pandemic-forced hiatus.
Santa Rosa’s Camínalo (Walk It) tour, will hit more than 16 U.S. cities, beginning with Lubbock, Texas on Oct. 7.
Santa Rosa, who is known as the “Gentleman” of salsa both for his velvety voice as for his proper demeanor and outstanding soneo–or improvisatory—skills, will perform a mix of mostly theaters and casinos in a wide variety of mark
- 'Move (You Make Me Feel So Good)' hitmaker Moby admits he's built a "wall" between his public and private lives.
- 'Toxic' hitmaker Britney Spears admits she has "no idea" if she'll ever perform live on stage again.
- Tom Grennan, Mimi Webb and Shaybo took to the stage at Amazon’s ‘Prime Day Live’ presented by Amazon Music.
- Muse fans have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the much-anticipated release of the band’s 20th anniversary remix of their seminal album ‘Origin Of Symmetry’ today (Friday, June 18).
Released in 2001, the band’s second album contained the singles ‘Plug In Baby’, ‘New Born’, ‘Bliss’, ‘Hyper Music’ and ‘Feeling Good’, and saw the Devon trio’s cult fanbase explode on their route to stadium star
- Notting Hill Carnival will be “off the streets” in 2021 as the event cancels its upcoming edition due to ongoing COVID-19 worries.
It will be the second year running that the legendary August bank holiday celebration has been cancelled, with its 2020 edition being the first carnival to be cancelled in 50 years.READ MORE: Music venue bosses “numb and frustrated” with £36million set to be lost as June 21 reopening delayed by a monthIn a statement confirming the 2021 c
- Wiz Khalifa has been confirmed to play Parliament leader George Clinton in a new Casablanca Records biopic.
As reported by Deadline, Spinning Gold, a film about Casablanca Records chief Neil Bogart, is currently in production.
The film will chart the rise of the Bogart’s Buddah and Casablanca labels during the 1960s and 1970s.
The latter put out the majority of Parliament‘s records during the 1970s. Deadline has reported that the film’s soundtrack will include new covers of cla
- K-pop boyband SEVENTEEN have released the video for ‘Ready To Love’, from their brand-new mini-album ‘Your Choice’.READ MORE: SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi reveals the inspiration behind ‘Spider’The pastel-hued clip, which dropped today (June 18), features the 13-member group on various floral-themed sets – many featuring phrases such as “you are my escape” and “we used to be friends” in the background – as they perform the EDM-in
- IDLES have shared a brand new song – listen to ‘Sodium’ below.
The new track appears on the soundtrack for DC‘s Dark Nights: Death Metal, released by DC Comics as a tie in for the comic book series of the same name.READ MORE: IDLES on the cover: “Loads of people don’t fucking like us”The soundtrack, out today (June 18) via DC/Loma Vista, also features contributions from IDLES, Soccer Mommy, and the late Chester Bennington‘s band Grey
- Jack Savoretti opens up on having Nile Rodgers and John Oates appear on his new album 'Europhiana'.
- 'Sweet Dreams' hitmaker Alan Walker reveals why he revived Eurodance classic 'Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)' for his latest track.
- Notting Hill Carnival 2021 will not go ahead as originally intended 'on the streets due to the ongoing uncertainty and risk COVID-19 poses'.
- The father of one of the victims of the Manchester Arena bombings says the 22 people murdered were “failed on every level”.
Hundreds were injured and 22 killed when a suicide bomber detonated a homemade explosive device in the Arena foyer at the end of Ariana Grande‘s show at the venue on May 22, 2017.
A public inquiry into the attacks began last September, with the report’s chairman Sir John Saunders saying that bomber Salman Abedi should have been identified as a threat
- Sheerios now have another bite of Ed Sheeran’s “Bad Habits.”
The British singing star’s new single isn’t due to drop for another week, but we got another early taste, thanks to a new preview streaming on TikTok.
It’s a pounding pop number, and a major shift from Sheeran’s troubadour style. “Bad Habits” just might be made for clubland.
The snippet, a three-day exclusive on TikTok, follows a teaser and the release of a short video of him p
- BLACKPINK’s Lisa is reportedly set to release new music next month.READ MORE: Watch iKON cover BLACKPINK’s ‘Pretty Savage’, featuring LisaDuring a recent episode of the MBC reality show Hangout with Yoo, host Yoo Jae-suk brought up Lisa, as well as girl group Lovelyz, while listing artists that would be making a comeback in July. The K-pop idols’ respective agencies, YG Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment, have yet to confirm the releases.
Yoo mentioned the arti
- Logic has returned today with new song ‘Intro’, the first song he’s dropped since he officially ended his retirement.
The arrival of ‘Intro’ comes just a day after the rapper posted a brief statement on social media: “I’m back.”
The post appeared to pay homage to Michael Jordan’s 1995 “I’m back announcement” which confirmed his NBA return.
‘Intro’ comes in at just under 2 minutes in length, ending with Logic
- The star admits the experience has made her more cautious about love
- The singer has said she "chooses forgiveness"
- Olivia Rodrigo makes it a full month at No. 1 on Australia’s two main charts.
The U.S. teen phenomenon clocks up a fourth consecutive chart double as Sour (Interscope/Universal) retains top spot on the ARIA Albums Chart and “Good 4 U” continues to dominate the national singles survey.
Sour holds off a flying Butterfly 3000 (Virgin/Universal), the latest album from the prolific Melbourne psychedelic rock outfit King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Butterfly 3000 debuts at No
- Rap star Saweetie admits there's a negative side to being famous.
- Natalie Imbruglia has released a new single, 'Build It Better', and she is to drop 'Firebird', her first album in six years, on September 24th.
- Nipsey Hussle has been announced as one of a select few musicians to be honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this year.READ MORE: Nipsey Hussle, 1985-2019 – a musician who gave a voice to the voiceless and changed the face of indie rapHussle is one of eight acts in the ‘Recording’ category to be honoured in 2022, with the likes of DJ Khaled, Avril Lavigne, Black Eyed Peas, George Clinton, Ashanti, Los Huracanes Del Norte and Martha Reeves.
38 people in total
- Brave Girls have revealed what they thought when they heard their latest single ‘Chi Mat Ba Ram’ for the first time.READ MORE: OH MY GIRL on their growth: “We’ve told our story from various perspectives and situations”During a June 17 press conference for their latest mini-album ‘Summer Queenthe ’, girl group talked about their latest single, success of their viral hit ‘Rollin’’ and future goals. The quartet also spoke about the project
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!