The Avalanches are set to commemorate the 20th anniversary of their debut album ‘Since I Left You’ with the release of a deluxe edition this June.
Released in Australia in 2000, and in the US and UK in 2001, ‘Since I Left You’ was hailed as a boundary-pushing release comprised of over 900 individual samples.
The forthcoming deluxe release – out June 4 – features a plethora of additional bonus tracks, including previously unreleased and fresh remixes by the lat
- “Hear My Voice” from The Trial of The Chicago 7 won best song written and/or recorded for a film at the 11th annual Guild Of Music Supervisors Awards, which were presented virtually on Sunday (April 11). The award went to the song’s co-writers, Celeste Waite and Daniel Pemberton, and also to the film’s music supervisors, Peter Afterman and Alison Litton.
The Guild Of Music Supervisors Awards recognize outstanding achievement in the craft of music super
- Lil Nas X enters a second week at No. 1 on the U.K. singles chart with “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” (Lil Nas X) while Demi Lovato misses out on the albums crown in an agonizingly close race.
“Montero” collects another 62,000 chart sales in the past cycle, including 8.6 million streams, the OCC reports. The U.S. rapper’s controversial song finishes comfortably ahead of the second-placed single, Justin Bieber’s “Peaches” (Def Jam) featuring Danie
- “Drivers License” hitmaker Olivia Rodrigo has hit another milestone: getting what is likely to be her very first parking ticket.
The young singer-songwriter found herself with a City of Los Angeles parking violation notice and shared that moment with her fans via an Instagram Story on Sunday (April 11).
“damn this driving s— isnt all fun and games,” she quipped in a a captioned for the snapshot.Earlier this month, it was reported that Rodrigo’s runaway hit sin
- Bowen Yang had fans rolling when he played the iceberg who sunk the Titanic during “Weekend Update” on Saturday Night Live.
Saying he stopped by for an interview to promote his new album, Yang’s iceberg said he did not want to talk about the sinking of the historic ship, which occurred April 14, 1912.
“That was a really long time ago. I’ve done a lot of reflecting to try and move past it,” he said to big laughs. “It’s one very small part me, but th
- Janet Jackson is selling a collection of personal items in a celebrity auction set to take place next month.READ MORE: Janet Jackson at Glastonbury: a pop megamix, a stadium production and the making of a new ‘legends slot’The auction will honour the legendary pop star and “her ground breaking four decade career that changed music forever and opened the door for an entire generation of music icons who followed her extraordinary path”.
The three day auction put on by Julie
- Travis Barker wants the world to know his thoughts about Kourtney Kardashian.
The Blink-182 drummer shared exactly what’s on his mind on Instagram over the weekend when he posted a photo of himself with a drumstick flying high in the sky above. The image shows Barker looking up, waiting in anticipation for it to come to him.
“All day I dream about sex w/ you,” he captioned the picture on Saturday (April 10).In case anyone questioned who the “you” in Barker’s c
- Concerts are back big time! Well, at least online. There’s no shortage of livestream concerts to check out this week, with major artists preparing to entertain fans at home.
Among the music stars set to perform is Justin Bieber, who has not one but two performances scheduled. He’ll do one set live from Paris on Tuesday, and another performance alongside the likes of Doja Cat, The Black Keys, Saweetie and more from Atlanta for Triller’s Fight Club on Saturday. Weezer and 311 bot
- Taylor Swift’s new Fearless (Taylor’s Version) album has topped this week’s new music poll.
Music fans voted in a poll published Friday (April 9) on Billboard, choosing 31-year-old pop superstar’s latest album as their favorite new music release of the past week.
Fearless (Taylor’s Version) brought in nearly 70% of vote, beating out new music by Doja Cat featuring SZA (“Kiss Me More”), Twenty One Pilots (“Shy Away”), J Balvin and Khalid (&ldq
- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts celebrated another year of big-screen accomplishments during the two-day BAFTA Awards held on Saturday and Sunday (April 10-11).
Eight awards were given out on the first night, followed by the bigger ceremony — the BAFTA’s 74th annual event — held at London’s Royal Albert Hall on Sunday.
Here is the complete list of nominees and winners.BEST FILMThe FatherThe MauritanianWINNER: NomadlandPromising Young WomanThe Trial of the
- Swizz Beatz has shared a touching tribute to his friend and frequent collaborator DMX following news of the rapper’s death.READ MORE: DMX, 1970 – 2021: hip-hop giant who shone brightest in the darknessThe legendary rapper, whose real name was Earl Simmons, died on Friday (April 9) at the age of 50. He was first hospitalised following a heart attack as a result of a reported overdose on April 3, where he had remained in intensive care since.
Tributes have been pouring in followin
- Kid Cudi is explaining the Kurt Cobain-inspired dress he wore on Saturday Night Live.
On Saurday (April 10), the 37-year-old rapper made his musical guest debut on the long-running NBC sketch comedy show, performing songs from his 2020 album, Man on the Moon III: The Chosen. While delivering “Sad People,” Cudi surprised viewers by donning a spaghetti-strap floral-print dress similar to ones worn by the late Nirvana frontman in the 1990s.
The following day, Cudi detailed the origins o
- Jon Batiste, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross won a BAFTA Award for best original score for Soul on Sunday (April 11). The awards, presented by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, were broadcast on the BBC.
This is the first BAFTA win for all three composers. Reznor and Ross weren’t even nominated for a BAFTA for The Social Network, the 2010 film for which they won an Oscar. They were BAFTA-nominated for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (which, surprisingly, failed to land an Osca
- Justin Bieber’s Justice returns to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated April 17), scoring its second nonconsecutive week atop the list – and becomes his first multi-week No. 1 album since 2010. Plus, Demi Lovato lands her highest charting album since 2015, and Lil Tjay debuts in the top five.
The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album
- Judas Priest‘s Rob Halford has urged heavy metal fans to get the coronavirus vaccine so that live music can return.READ MORE: Judas Priest’s Rob Halford: “I tried to throw a TV out of a hotel window once. It was like Mr Bean does Spinal Tap”The frontman took to Instagram yesterday (April 10) to share a video encouraging people to get vaccinated in order to “get those amazing vibes and feelings back faster”.
“Hi everyone. This is your metal god, Rob Halfo
- Busta Rhymes has announced he’s releasing a special 25th anniversary edition of his debut album ‘The Coming’.READ MORE: Busta Rhymes on ‘Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God’: “It’s my duty to start conversations”The album – which was originally released on March 26, 1996 – will feature remastered audio, instrumental tracks, and a number of hard-to-find remixes. The digital-only release will be reissued on April 16.
- Swizz Beatz paid his respects to DMX in a video posted to his Instagram account on Saturday (April 10), a day after the rapper died at age 50. He had suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized a week earlier.
“Long live the KING!!!! DMX,” the Verzuz co-creator captioned the nearly 9 minute video. “Words of truth & Pain.”
In his tribute, Swizz remembered how DMX put everyone else before himself. “Since the day that I met him, he lived his life for everyone else
- via music-news.comThe Official Chart: First Look offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s Official Singles Chart Top 100. The chart is based on preliminary sales and early streaming reports.
- London Grammar‘s Hannah Reid has revealed she nearly quit music a couple of years ago due to its “sexist and exploitative” nature.READ MORE: London Grammar: “I always end up being the only female in the room”Speaking in a new interview, the frontwoman explained that there was a point when she felt like she “wasn’t cut out” for the industry but that working on the band’s new album, ‘Californian Soil’, helped her regain her con
- Kid Cudi joined Saturday Night Live’s Pete Davidson and Chris Redd in a hilarious sketch celebrating one of rap music’s most underrated instruments — the “weird little flute.”
“We got the fits, we got the flow, we got the 808s, we got the Xanned out tempo,” the faux hip-hop trio begins the musical skit. “We got that drip-drip-drip, we got that Brut, the only thing that’s missing is that weird little flute.”
From there, Cudi, Davidson an
- Dwayne Johnson is open to making a run for the White House. The wrestler turned movie superstar recently addressed the notion after a poll showed he has high favorability to campaign.
Johnson used his enormous social media following to share his thoughts on the possibility, calling the poll “humbling.” The Newsweek poll states at least 46 percent of Americans support Johnson running for president.
“I don’t think our Founding Fathers EVER envisioned a six-four, bald, tatto
- Kid Cudi may have been the official musical guest on Saturday Night Live’s April 10 episode, but one artist made a surprise appearance during host Carey Mulligan’s monologue. It was none other than the actress’ husband, Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons.
Her monologue began as expected, with the host expressing her happiness at helming the episode, and joking about how she’s often mistaken for actress Michelle Williams. She then opened up about life during the pandemic
- King Crimson founder Robert Fripp and his wife, singer Toyah Willcox, have shared a cover of Judas Priest‘s ‘Breaking The Law’ – watch it below.READ MORE: Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp’s 10 best lockdown covers – ranked!The pair launched their Sunday Lunch video series last year, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, Guns N’ Roses, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper and more through Willcox’s YouTube channel.
- Kid Cudi paid tribute to Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain and Saturday Night Live great Chris Farley during his musical guest debut on the long-running NBC sketch comedy show.
During the April 10 episode hosted by actress Carey Mulligan, the 37-year-old rapper — born Scott Mescudi — performed two tracks from his 2020 album, Man on the Moon III: The Chosen, while paying his respects to the fallen legends.
For his first performance of “Tequila Shots,” Cudi stepped onto the stage
- Too soon? Not for Saturday Night Live! Rapper DMX, who died on Friday (April 9) after having a heart attack brought on by a drug overdose, came up early on in the show, during the program’s cold open segment April 10.
In the bit, Kenan Thompson, Ego Nwodim, Kate McKinnon and Alex Moffat played four Minnesota anchors discussing the Derek Chauvin trial for the death of George Floyd, and racial inequities in the justice system during a news segment.
Unable to come to an agreement after much b
- Little Simz appears to be releasing a new video shot at London’s National History Museum this month.READ MORE: Little Simz: “People expect Black people to have all the answers”As teased on Twitter, Simz appears in the museum’s iconic concourse, with a dinosaur skeleton suspended from the roof, alongside a host of dancers.
“end of the month , let everybody know,” she captioned the post. See it below.end of the month , let everybody knowpic.twitter.com/3XqM
- A new song has been shared from Alan Vega‘s forthcoming posthumous solo album – listen to ‘Filthy’ below.
‘Filthy’ appears on ‘Mutator’, the late Suicide singer’s long-lost album that arrives via Sacred Bones later this month (April 23).
The forthcoming album was first previewed back in February with the single ‘Nike Soldier’, before another track called ‘Fist’ followed last month.
Vega’s widow Liz Lamere, w
- Bad Boy Records rapper Black Rob has been sharing messages from hospital, leaving fans worried about his condition.
The first video shows the artist lying down in a hospital bed, saying he is suffering from “crazy pain”. Asked about how he felt about rap legend DMX, who died on Friday (April 9), Rob said he had “big love” for the Ruff Ryders rapper.READ MORE: DMX, 1970 – 2021: hip-hop giant who shone brightest in the darkness“Let keep our prayers up Black Rob!
- via music-news.comHannah Reid, the lead singer of London Grammar, was prepared to quit music two years ago because she was tired of the industry's “sexist and exploitative” nature.
- Legendary Los Angeles venue Hollywood Bowl has announced plans to reopen this summer with a 14-week concert series.
It comes as it was revealed this week that the state of California plans to reopen its music venues at full capacity come June 15 as the US continues its recovery from COVID-19.READ MORE: Restarting live music in 2021: Gig and festival bosses on what to expectAs revealed on Twitter, the Hollywood Bowl will reopen this summer, with an exact date and line-up announcements set to land
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!