- After a frenetic, bursting-at-the-seams couple of years at the turn of the century, pop music started to settle into a calmer groove in 2001. Boy bands and teen pop stars were still enormous, but not necessarily the world-swallowing force that they had been. Some of the biggest hard rock bands sanded down their edges a little and invaded top 40 in the process. And some of the defining rappers and R&B stars of the early decade found common ground in massive pop jams, setting the precedent of
- Ducks Ltd (formerly known as Ducks Unlimited) have shared a new single, ‘As Big As All Outside’, part of a new re-release of their debut EP, ‘Get Bleak’.
The re-release will arrive May 21 with three additional songs, and comes as Ducks Ltd sign to independent label Carpark. The new single picks up where the band left off, sharing similar jangle pop stylings to the EP’s original tracks.
Listen to ‘As Big As All Outside’ below:As the Toronto band explained
- Afropunk has announced details for its virtual festival called Black Spring set for April 23. The event will feature performances from Rico Nasty, Seu Jorge, Seafoam Walls and more.
Black Spring is set to combine Aforpunk’s legacy of inclusion, activism and highlighting the best new talent in the world with a focus on Afro-Latine and Afro-Caribbean artists and culture for 2021. Additional performers include DAWERXDAMPER, Black Pantera, ChocQuibTown, Projexx and JUP DO BAIRRO. The whol
- Metal band Gojira has released another new song from their upcoming album, Fortitude, due April 30 on Roadrunner Records.
“Into the Storm” arrived on April 12, and will serve as Fortitude’s fourth single. In a release, vocalist-guitarist Joe Duplantier said of the track, “This song is infused with the concept of civil disobedience. Acting accordingly with our deepest wisdom and standing for what is precious and good in this world. The only possible revolution is the
- Blackpink has surpassed 60 million subscribers on YouTube – second behind Justin Bieber. The K-pop act may soon surpass the Canadian pop-star, as their following is growing fast. The quartet of girls surpassed the record earlier this morning (April 13), according to their agency YG Entertainment. They currently have the biggest YouTube account based in […]
The post Blackpink May Soon Beat Justin Bieber as ‘Most Followed YouTube Artist’ appeared first on Digital Music New
- Natti Natasha and Prince Royce’s “Antes Que Salga El Sol” rises to No. 1 on Billboard’s Latin Airplay chart as the song advances with a 7-1 climb on the list dated April 17.
The track also bests their previous best collaborative showing “Ayer Me Llamó Mi Ex,” with Khea, featuring Lenny Santos, which secured a No. 28 high (March 6-dated list).
“Antes” was released Jan. 14 via Pina Records/ Sony Music Latin. The song caps the chart i
- Taylor Swift has opened up about the process of re-recording ‘Fearless’, saying that she “tried to create a ‘same but better’ version” of the album.READ MORE: Taylor Swift’s new ‘Fearless’ is a success, but beware the dangers of the re-recordThe singer-songwriter released ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ last Friday (April 9) as the first step in her efforts to reclaim ownership of her first six studio records, spanning 2006&rs
- Sony may be working with Google for broader 360 Reality Audio support on Android. The technology is based on the MPEG-H 3D audio codec to create soundscapes that feel like a live stage. Sony introduced it in a number of its own-branded smartphones and it works with compatible apps (like Deezer). But 360 Reality Audio […]
The post 360 Reality Audio Support May Be Coming Soon to Android appeared first on Digital Music News.
- J Balvin and Khalid are making the rounds with their first-ever collaboration “Otra Noche Sin Ti.”
Helmed by producers Lexuz and Keityn, the track is a soulful reggaeton song that laces a romantic urban beat with a pop-soul melody about a man who can’t fathom the fact that the love of his life is gone.
“They say I lost you and I can’t tolerate another night without you/ Another night without you hurts a lot,” Balvin chants in Spanish. Two minutes in,
- Demi Lovato opened up to Drew Barrymore about the struggles they share of being a child star in a new interview Tuesday (April 13).
Both women started in the entertainment business before the age of 10, with Lovato starring on Barney & Friends with Selena Gomez when they were both 7 years old and Barrymore securing her breakout role in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial when she was just 7 years old. But while their jobs made them go from children being taken care of by thei
- Back in January, Live Nation acquired a majority stake in Veeps, a ticketed livestreaming platform created by Good Charlotte co-founders Joel and Benji Madden. Now, ahead of crowd-based live music’s return, Veeps has started equipping over 60 Live Nation venues with the tech required for “turnkey livestreaming.” Live Nation announced its remote-concert plans today, in […]
The post Live Nation Is Officially Installing Livestreaming Equipment At 60+ Venues appeared first o
- After rapper DMX passed on Friday, now his family is having to refute mountains of rumors. It started last night on social media after an article claimed Jay-Z and Beyoncé planned to purchase DMX’s masters. The article said the power couple planned to give the works to the rapper’s children – for free. Friends of […]
The post DMX Family Warns of Funeral Scam GoFundMe – “We’re Not Raising Money” appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Usher was criticised for using fake notes with his face on to tip dancers at a strip club in Las Vegas earlier this week, although the venue’s management has since denied the claim.READ MORE: The NME guide to Las VegasA dancer from Sapphire Las Vegas Gentleman’s Club, ‘Pisces’, shared an image of three mock-up bills ($1, $20, $100) on a private Instagram Stories post, along with the question: “Ladies what would you do if you danced all night for Usher and he th
- Usher was criticised for using fake notes with his face on to tip dancers at a strip club in Las Vegas earlier this week, although the venue’s management has since denied the claim.READ MORE: The NME guide to Las VegasA dancer from Sapphire Las Vegas Gentleman’s Club, ‘Pisces’, shared an image of three mock-up bills ($1, $20, $100) on a private Instagram Stories post, along with the question: “Ladies what would you do if you danced all night for Usher and
- Aging rocker Ted Nugent took to Facebook to ask why there were no lockdowns for COVID 1-18. Nugent raised the question in an interview he shared on his Facebook page. He also said he had no fear of the virus. The bizarre 12-minute rant posted to his Facebook page only served to amplify several conspiracies […]
The post Ted Nugent Questions Why There Weren’t Any Lockdowns for COVIDs 1-18 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Britney Spears shared a message with her “empathetic and concerned” fans on Monday (April 12) in a new video.
The 39-year-old pop superstar wore a white over-the-shoulder floral top in a minute-and-a-half Instagram TV clip cut from the “over 10 minutes of video” she shot for the Just a Touch of Rose project, which she first announced last summer. Although she has never specified the exact meaning behind her personal assignment, her Instagram followers started ta
- Olivia Rodrigo has a sweet gift in store for fans this spring: Her debut album Sour will be out on May 21.
The High School Musical: The Musical: The Series breakout star announced her highly anticipated project Tuesday (April 13) and shared the album artwork, featuring Rodrigo sticking out her tongue with letter stamps spelling out “SOUR” and butterfly, star, flower and smiley-face stickers adorning her face. “My debut album SOUR out may 21st ahhhh,” s
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
AC/DC’s singer Brian Johnson is pulling back the curtain on his life through an upcoming memoir, The Lives of Brian, set to release on October 26 via Harper Collins’ Dey Street Books.The memoir will dive into Johnson’s life from his upbringing in New Castle Upon Tyne, England, and his years in glam rock band Geordie to his success replaci
- Laura Jane Grace has released a new video for the track ‘Supernatural Possession’, from last year’s surprise solo album ‘Stay Alive’.READ MORE: Laura Jane Grace: “JK Rowling has no grounds to speak on the transgender experience because she knows nothing about it”The video, which you can watch below, features the Against Me! and The Devouring Mothers musician performing in front of a constantly shifting, colourful backdrop.
“The most stressful part
- Rap legend DMX, who died at age 50 last Friday (April 9) was unquestionably one of the biggest names in music at the turn of the millennium. His star power was at a level where he was starring in big-budget action movies, performing to the biggest crowds for a non-rock act at Woodstock ’99, and selling albums by the millions with each new release. But for all his obvious and easily measured successes, there was one metric by which you wouldn’t necessarily see DMX as having all that e
- via music-news.comJustin Bieber and his wife Hailey plan to start a family "eventually".
- In March, it looked like Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak might’ve missed their best shot at a No. 1 for the lead single from their joint Silk Sonic project, when “Leave the Door Open” debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100, below the three tracks from Drake’s Scary Hours 2 song pack.
But a month later, the song has proven it didn’t waste its only chance in that debut week. After climbing to No. 2 a few weeks ago, the song finally jumps to No. 1 in its fifth we
- Creator-focused marketing company ConvertKit has officially acquired musician-tailored email-marketing platform FanBridge. ConvertKit and the 15-year-old FanBridge just recently announced their high-profile deal in a formal release, which was shared with Digital Music News. ConvertKit – which boasts $27 million in annual recurring revenue, FanBridge co-founder and CEO Noah Dinkin told DMN, as well as more […]
The post Creator-Focused Marketing Company ConvertKit Acquires Email-Marke
- Ariana Grande just notched her fifth entry in the One Billion Views club, as her 2018 music video for “No Tears Left To Cry” crosses the mark.
As of Tuesday (April 13), “No Tears Left To Cry” now joins her videos for “Break Free” with Zedd, “Bang Bang” with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj, “Side to Side” with Minaj, and “Problem” with Iggy Azalea in the prestigious pool.
According to YouTube, Grande has also amassed over 5.7 b
- via mtv.comFresh off the release of singles "Drivers License" and “Deja Vu,” Olivia Rodrigo announced on Tuesday (April 13) that her debut album, Sour, will be released on May 21.
Lil Nas X says that ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’ may be removed from streaming services tomorrowLil Nas X has said that his recent hit single ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’ may be removed from streaming services as of tomorrow (April 13).READ MORE: ‘Old Town Road’– how the TikTok-propelled country-trap banger sparked debate about genre, race and exclusionIn a Tweet, the rapper said: “not even joking. everybody stream call me by your name hard today because it may no longer be available tomorrow and there’s nothing i can really do about it. thanks
- Wolf Alice have shared an official new live version of their recent single ‘The Last Man On Earth’ – you can watch the video below.
The song will feature on the London band’s forthcoming third album ‘Blue Weekend’, which is due to arrive on June 11 via Dirty Hit.The NME Big Read: Wolf Alice: “We’re a tiny bit more comfortable in the world”Having given the track its live debut on Later… With Jools Holland last month, the group
- Insomniac Events announced on April 8 that the production company is moving forward with its flagship festival, EDC Las Vegas. The event will happen as scheduled on May 21-23 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and by doing so become the first major festival to happen in the wake of the pandemic.
But the announcement has left confusion in its wake, with the Nevada Department of Business and Industry confirming that the COVID protocol plan submitted by Insomniac was not approved, and that
- Justin Bieber confesses to what made his first year of marriage to Hailey Bieber “really tough” in his new May 2021 GQ cover story.
The two privately got married in a New York courthouse in 2018, and said “I do” at their South Carolina wedding a year later. He told GQ that he felt that getting married and having babies “was my calling,” although the famous couple will be holding off on the latter for a little while longer.
- While hotel developer AJ Capital faces off with Nashville politicians and musicians protesting the company’s acquisition of the building housing the famed Exit/In music club, sources say the well-funded company is in talks to buy the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon, which has hosted concerts by Bob Dylan, Tina Turner, Pearl Jam and Miles Davis.
AJ Capital intends to purchase Roseland through a recently registered LLC called StageRight Ventures, the club’s current owner David Lei
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!