Taylor Swift unleashed her latest “From the Vault” gem on Wednesday (April 7), and though it’s called “Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version),” trust her when she says things are not.
“Hello Mr. Perfectly Fine/ How’s your heart after breaking mine?/ Mr. always at the right place at the right time, baby,” she sings over the dreamy, mid-tempo acoustic track, “Hello, Mr. casually cruel/ Mr. everything revolves around you/ I’ve be
- Pendulum have shared a new track called ‘Come Alive’ – you can listen to it below.
The Australian drum and bass outfit, who had announced their split in 2012, released their first new music in a decade last year with ‘Driver’ and ‘Nothing For Free’.READ MORE: Pendulum drop two new songs and tell us about returning after a decadeArriving today (April 15), ‘Come Alive’ fuses dance and heavy rock elements across its four minutes. “Head aga
- Rapper Nas has reportedly earned north of $40 million from an eight-year-old investment that his QueensBridge Venture Partners made in cryptocurrency-exchange platform Coinbase. The “EPMD” artist and his venture-capital firm, which has also exited investments in Dropbox and Lyft, participated in Coinbase’s $25 million Series B funding round in 2013, when the now-massive company was […]
The post Rapper Nas Makes at Least $40 Million Off Coinbase Investment from 2013 appea
- A tribute concert has been announced in honour of the late Fountains Of Wayne songwriter Adam Schlesinger.READ MORE: From Fountains of Wayne to ‘My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’: Adam Schlesinger’s 10 best songsOrganised by Shlesinger’s Fountains Of Wayne bandmate Jody Porter, the virtual gig will benefit the Grammy Awards-affiliated charity MusiCares, which provides relief for those in the music industry affected by COVID-19, as well as currently-closed New York venue Bowery Elec
- Last May, four million people tuned in to Porter Robinson’s 14-hour virtual festival Secret Sky. It was Robinson’s only live set of the year. He invited a bunch of his musical friends, he played new music from his forthcoming album Nurture, and next week, he’s doing it all over again.
Robinson announced the second iteration of Secret Sky on Tuesday (April 15), and it looks to be just as massive. Happening April 24 (the day after Nurture’s release), the show will feat
- Poo Bear, who served as the principal songwriting and producing collaborator on Justin Bieber’s multi-platinum 2015 album Purpose, has signed a joint venture agreement with Def Jam Recordings for his label Bearthday Music.
“Poo Bear is one of the singular songwriting talents in music today,” said Jeff Harleston, interim CEO at Def Jam Recordings, in a statement. “His innate ability to understand artists, to help them find their voices, and to articulate the universality o
- Rob Delaney has joined the cast of the forthcoming TV reboot of David Bowie‘s The Man Who Fell To Earth.READ MORE: ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’ TV series should tread carefully around Bowie’s legacyThe classic sci-fi movie, based on Walter Tevis’ 1963 novel of the same name, marked one of Bowie’s most memorable roles, as Thomas Jerome Newton – an alien posing as a human in an attempt to save his home planet.
Delaney, who will play the character Hatch Ford
- Little Big Town will be a bit smaller when they take the stage at the ACM Awards on Sunday (April 18). The country music group announced during an interview on Thursday (April 15) that Phillip Sweet has tested positive for COVID-19.
“Well, Philly’s not feeling good,” Jimi Westbrook explained about Sweet’s absence from the interview with Audacy.
Added Karen Fairchild: “We might as well break the news: He’s got the COVID.”
Westbrook noted that though Sweet
- R. Kelly’s federal trial for racketeering, sexual exploitation of a child, bribery, kidnapping, forced labor and enticement is set to begin Aug. 9 in a Brooklyn courtroom.
Kelly, real name Robert Sylvester Kelly, appeared telephonically along with his legal team for a status hearing Thursday (April 15) where U.S. Judge Ann M. Donnelly firmly set his trial date. Both Kelly attorneys and the prosecution told Donnelly that they were ready to proceed on that date. Questionnaires to potent
- Bebe Rexha has announced details of her forthcoming second album, ‘Better Mistakes’.
The New York singer-songwriter revealed the record’s title, artwork and release date of May 7 on her official social media channels. She later posted to confirm that her new single ‘Sabotage’ will be arriving tomorrow (April 16).READ MORE: Bebe Rexha: Meet The Woman Secretly In Charge Of Pop“One more surprise since it doesn’t seem like you all can wait any longer fo
- Lanky Saturday Night Live and The King of Staten Island star Pete Davidson has been tapped to portray punk icon Joey Ramone in Netflix’s upcoming I Slept With Joey Ramone biopic. The news about the film honoring the lead singer of New York punk godfathers The Ramones was announced on Thursday (April 15), the 20th anniversary of Ramone’s death at age 49 after a seven-year battle with lymphoma.
Netflix and STXfilms are developing and producing the film from a treatment written by David
- Rolling Loud festival will return to Miami for the first time since 2019. The hip-hop festival usually occurs in May, but will move to July 23-25 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Producers for Rolling Loud said they intend to keep as much of the 2020 lineup as possible. Headliners for last year’s lineup included Post Malone and A$AP Rocky.
“We can’t wait to reunite together in the pits we’ve all grown to love (and miss) so much,” producers said in a
- Pete Davidson is set to play Joey Ramone in Netflix biopic I Slept With Joey Ramone.
The film will be directed by Jason Orley, who worked with Davidson on Big Time Adolescence and Pete Davidson: Alive from New York and will be based on Ramone’s brother Mickey Leigh’s memoir of the same name.READ MORE: ‘The King Of Staten Island’ review: Pete Davidson bares his soul in a raw comedy inspired by childhood lossI Slept With Joey Ramone will be produced
- Tiësto loves Las Vegas and it all started two decades ago when he first played Baby’s Nightclub at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. In those days, the pioneering EDM artist was spinning vinyl to 300 people.
“I didn’t even have a phone back then,” says the Dutch DJ in an exclusive interview with Billboard.
For the last seven years, Tiësto called Hakkasan Nightclub at MGM Grand home — he even
- Lizzo’s long been outspoken about loving your body and normalizing larger shapes, but she’s got a gripe with how the body-positivity movement’s been going.
“Please use the body positivity movement to empower yourself,” she captioned a recent TikTok video on the topic. “But we need to protect and uplift the bodies it was created for and by.”
The “Truth Hurts” singer went into detail in her passionate video. “Now that body positivity has
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
While listening to Brockhampton’s new album Roadrunner: New Light, New Machine, grab the band’s go-to snack.
The group teamed up with vegan cult-favorite restaurant Monty’s Good Burger for a four-piece capsule collection and two limited edition shakes, with a portion of proceeds going toward L.A. Animal Services.
The shakes, fittingly ca
Keith Urban says he was Christmas shopping when Taylor Swift enlisted him for ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’Keith Urban has said that he was midway through last minute Christmas shopping when Taylor Swift asked him to feature on her new, re-recorded version of 2008’s ‘Fearless’.READ MORE: Taylor Swift’s new ‘Fearless’ is a success, but beware the dangers of the re-record“I’m at the shopping mall doing my Christmas shopping and I get a text from Taylor saying, ‘I’ve got these couple of songs I’d like you to sing on, do you want to hear t
- Back in early April 2020, Billboard reached out to eight young artists whose budding careers screeched to a halt by the COVID-19 pandemic, which had just caused the entire world to go into lockdown mode. At that time so much was unknown: how long would the novel coronavirus be with us and when we would be allowed to go out again? What would concerts look like once it was over and would the promised vaccine make everything normal again?
The artists we spoke to — who ranged from unsigne
- Mick Jagger has announced that he is selling an art piece built around his new solo track ‘Eazy Sleazy’ as an NFT (non-fungible token) to raise funds for beleaguered independent music venues.READ MORE: Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl’s coronabanger ‘Eazy Sleazy’ is lockdown in a songThe surprise track from the Rolling Stones frontman sees him collaborating with Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl and was shared on YouTube earlier this week (April 13), having been penned
Lali, Sebastian Yatra, Pablo Alboran, & More Bring Light Amid Pandemic in ‘Himno a La Alegria’ VideoBringing some light and hope during the global pandemic, more than 40 artists, athletes and actors have joined forces in “Himno a la Alegria,” Billboard can share.
Artists who participate in the star-studded song include Aitana, Alejandro Lerner, Alejandro Sanz, Alessia Cara, Alex Ubago, Ana Mena, Andrés Calamaro, Andrés Dvicio, Antonio José, Antonio Orozco, Brian May, Camilo, Carlos Rivera, David Bisbal, Dulce Pontes, Draco, Fher Olvera (Maná), India Mart
- Manager Andrew Gertler unveiled on Thursday (April 15) the newest division of his AG Artists: Permanent Arts, an NFT artist management and creative venture. In addition to representing visual artists, including 18-year-old painter and NFT act Fewocious, Permanent Arts will also support and invest in NFT-related projects and companies, IP and digital art, and collectibles.
Permanent Arts is the latest addition to the quickly expanding AG Artists, which includes an investment arm, AG Ventures, and
- Baby Queen has shared her latest single in the form of ‘Dover Beach’. You can watch the video, filmed at the location of the same name, below.READ MORE: Baby Queen: pop newcomer offering support in difficult, digital worldThe buoyant new single is inspired by Baby Queen’s trip there last year, a location she’d long wished to visit.
“In school I was obsessed with this poem called ‘Dover Beach’ by Matthew Arnold and I always wanted to visit the Dover
- The likes of Jay-Z, Nas and Diddy have all joined forces to declare their support for Ray McGuire, who is vying for the Democratic Party nomination in New York’s forthcoming mayoral election.
McGuire faces stiff competition from favourite Andrew Yang ahead of the Democratic Primary on June 22, but he has now received high profile support in a new video.
As well as the aforementioned rappers, music executive and businessman Steve Stoute and radio personality Angie Martinez are among those t
- Warner Music Group (WMG) and Spotify have agreed to an “innovative podcast development deal” that will see them jointly create “a series of original podcasts built around WMG’s vast and diverse artists’ and songwriters’ catalogs.” Manhattan-headquartered Warner Music Group and Stockholm-based Spotify detailed their podcast-focused development deal in a formal release this morning. The leading […]
The post Warner Music Group, Spotify Ink ‘Inn
Courtney Love, Chris Carrabba & More to Perform at ‘Adam Schlesinger: A Musical Celebration’ LivestreamAn all-star lineup of rock and pop musicians have signed on for the virtual “Adam Schlesinger: A Music Celebration,” taking place on May 5.
The tribute to the late Emmy-winning Fountains of Wayne/Ivy singer/bassist, who died at 52 from coronavirus complications on April 1, 2020, will feature a wide-ranging group of performers playing songs from his catalog of original pop nuggets led by his FoW bandmate guitarist Jody Porter.
Among the performers filmed at New York’s Bowery Ele
- On “Seven Years,” Alexa Ray Joel’s new pop single, she celebrates the many highs and occasional lows that come from her long-term relationship.
Inspired by her fiance Ryan Gleason, the lush piano ballad, premiering below, is filled with sweet slices of life drawn from the couple’s true story. The rich, detailed lyrics play out over the building melody that sounds straight out of a Broadway musical. The similarity is not a coincidence, says the native New Yorker.
- In late 2020, Elvira Anderfjärd was posed a question.
“It came through my publishers, and was like, ‘Do you want to try this? If you can deliver, then you’ve got it,'” she tells Billboard. “I guess I delivered.”
The Swedish producer and songwriter was, in fact, asked to deliver one of the most high-profile remixes imaginable when presented with Taylor Swift’s “Willow.” Taking the stems of the song into her Stockholm studio and
- via music-news.comKim Kardashian filed for divorce in February.
- Not everyone gets a second chance in life, but 10 lucky American Idol contestants from season 18 have accepted an invitation from the show’s executive producers to sing on the big Idol stage and compete for a chance to join season 19’s top 10.
The Monday, Aug. 19 episode will mark the first time last year’s finalists will be performing in the Idol dome at CBS Television City in Los Angeles, since they had to sing from their homes in 2020 because of COVID restrictions.Billboard
London Grammar’s Hannah Reid Stands Her Ground on New Album ‘Californian Soil’: ‘You Can’t Censor Yourself’London Grammar fans might sense a shift in the trio’s sound based on the first few singles released from Californian Soil, the U.K. group’s third studio album, arriving April 16.
Californian Soil still contains the simmering tension of their first two releases (2013’s If You Wait and 2017’s Truth is a Beautiful Thing), but there is a new sense of urgency and authority in the latest work from Hannah Reid, Dot Major and Dan Rothman.
Reid’s haunting vocals re
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!