EDM supergroup Swedish House Mafia has hired Wassim “Sal” Slaiby, The Weeknd’s manager, to manage the group as it continues its comeback.
Slaiby, founder and CEO of SALXCO and XO Records, took over for Patriot Management’s Ron Laffitte, with whom the band parted ways late last year.
Recently the EDM trio also amicably broke off ties with its label, Columbia Records, after signing a deal in February 2019 that sources say was worth more than $3 million.Slaiby
- The popularity of rap and hip-hop music in the UK charts continued to soar in 2020, a new study by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) has revealed.
The results of the study have been published as part of the BPI’s new All About the Music yearbook, which has been launched today (April 15).READ MORE: AJ Tracey: “I’ve gone through so much. It’s been so hard, and I’m still here”The findings are based on streaming data and record sales that were provided by th
- Just weeks after saying that they were trying to work things out, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez issued a joint statement on Thursday (April 15) confirming that they have officially called off their engagement.
“We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects,” the pair said in an exclusive statement to the Today Show. “We wish the best for each other an
- Two days after shocking viewers at home by taking leave from American Idol after making it into the top 12, 20-year-old Wyatt Pike explained his actions. “I had to leave the @AmericanIdol competition for personal reasons but am so thankful I get to play music for the rest of my life,” wrote Pike in an Instagram post.
“Fellow contestants – miss you all, good luck! Thank you to everyone for your support… do stick around for more musical things soon!”
- While nightclubs are set to provisionally return in the UK from June, clubbers in London have been dealt a blow by the news that the capital’s Night Tube service won’t return until 2022.
The news creates another hurdle for nightclubs, who are hoping for a clear path to financial recovery as they try to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
Transport Commissioner Andy Byford told the Evening Standard: “We need the personnel to keep the day services going and frankly there
- Miley Cyrus is her own best subject in a playful, self-directed short film for luxury designer Gucci’s new collection, Aria. The singer chills in the grass, tosses confetti and frolics among oversized mushrooms in the 45-second mini-movie cued to Melanie’s iconic 1971 ode to rollerskating with abandon, “Brand New Key.”
While hanging with her dogs, Miley rocks a bright green Gucci logo jacket and matching high-waisted pants with a white shirt, as well as some oversized gla
- Esa-Pekka Salonen walked on stage to join the New York Philharmonic, which had not gathered before an audience for exactly 400 days. “On behalf of all us on stage, welcome back,” the conductor told the crowd Wednesday night (April 14). “We have been dreaming of this moment for a long time.” The philharmonic gave its first public performance after of a historic hiatus of more than 13 months caused by the coronavirus pandemic, playing at the Shed in Brookfield Place, about
- Elton John has hit out at internet trolls by saying that they must face accountability for posting “hateful” remarks online.
The music icon criticised the largely anonymous hate-spreaders for making the world “really divided and really cruel”.
John has faced his fair share of criticism over the course of his career, but he’s now waging a war against the anonymous people who attack online, knowing they won’t face repercussions.
Speaking on his Apple Music 1 sho
- Justice‘s Gaspard Augé has released his new solo single ‘Force Majeure’ – you can hear the track below.
Augé, who is one half of the French electronic duo along with Xavier de Rosnay, is preparing the release of his debut solo album ‘Escapades’, though a release date has yet to be confirmed.
Augé has released ‘Force Majeure’ today (April 15) via Ed Banger Records / Because Music, and you can hear the track below.To tie in with
- Anne-Marie has let slip that she and Nathan Dawe have a number of songs on her new album.
- The star admits he feels somewhat responsible for his son's decision to dabble in drugs.
- Suggs and his bandmates tell all about their life before the band in the upcoming docuseries, 'Before We Was We: Madness by Madness', including how music was a turning point in their lives after getting caught up in crime.
- Ray BLK has shared how her mother inspired her to not let anyone stop her from achieving her dream of becoming a singer after being told it was an unattainable ambition.
- The major label dance music expansion into Asia continues today with Warner Music Asia’s launch of Whet Records. Servicing pan-Asia, the label will be operated by Jonathan Serbin, the CEO of Warner Music Greater China.
A dance music veteran and the former head of Billboard Asia and CEO of Mixmag Asia, Serbin has served as executive producer on tracks by electronic artists including KSHMR, Ferry Corsten, Steve Aoki and Jane Zhang. He founded Whet Records in xx and aims to wor
- Cardi B has hit out at Republicans for their perceived silence in the wake of Daunte Wright’s death.
Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, was killed during a traffic stop in the US city of Brooklyn Center last weekend. Police Chief Tim Gannon, who has since resigned from his post, told reporters earlier this week (April 12) that the officer who fatally shot Wright mistakenly drew her handgun instead of a Taser.
His death has sparked outrage and protests in Minnesota and across the US, and
- The organisers of the Edinburgh Fringe have announced their plans to host the festival in 2021.
The annual event, which is renowned as being the world’s largest arts festival, was cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.READ MORE: Although it hurts, the 2020 cancellation of Edinburgh Fringe could be the shake-up comedy needsEdinburgh Festival Fringe is set to return in 2021 and take place from August 6-30, though organisers say they are mindful of potential coronavirus-enfor
- A newly renovated music venue in Birmingham, Forum Birmingham, is set to officially open in the summer.
The city centre venue, located at 52-54 Dale End, has previously operated under the names of The Ballroom, the Hummingbird and the Carling Academy Birmingham. The likes of Nirvana, Arctic Monkeys and the late Amy Winehouse have all performed at the venue in the past.READ MORE: Move over, London! The Midlands is the new home of UK rapThe launch of Forum Birmingham in the summer will see the bui
- Tomorrow X Together’s (TXT) Huening Kai has released a cover of Australian pop-rock band 5 Seconds Of Summer’s 2018 hit ‘Youngblood’.READ MORE: Chilean television network apologises for controversial BTS parody sketchThe singer flexes his vocal chops on his rendition of the song, which largely stays faithful to 5SOS’ original version. The cover, which dropped yesterday (April 14), is also the first song that Huening Kai has released outside of his work with TXT.&lsq
- Kendrick Lamar might make a comeback in 2021 after his longtime engineer, Derek 'MixedByAli' Ali, teased he could drop his long-awaited follow-up to 2017's 'Damn'.
- Chet Hanx has attracted a wide array of criticism and sheer bafflement after debuting the music video for his new track, ‘White Boy Summer’.
The bizarre clip sees Chet, the son of universally beloved actor Tom Hanks, prove that he’s a long way off from securing the same levels of adoration as his dad.
Despite previously attracting criticism for his use of Jamaican patois, he dons the accent once more as he raps: “Bad gyal, white don dada/ rude boy, it’s a white boy
- Marina has released her new single, 'Purge The Poison', from her upcoming studio album, 'Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land'.
- Joy McKean, Australia’s “queen of country,” is the 2021 recipient of the Ted Albert Award for Outstanding Services to Australian Music, one of the highest accolades in the nation’s music industry.
It’s a fitting tribute for McKean, who paved the way for generations of homegrown country artists over a career spanning upwards of 70 years.
The trailblazing country singer and songwriter first made her mark in the 1940s and ‘50s, working alongside her sister Heathe
- Kylie Minogue is continuing her 'Disco' era as she has confirmed an extended edition is on the way.
- YouTube star Chris Crocker, who shot to online infamy for their ‘Leave Britney Alone’ viral video, has sold the original clip as an NFT (non-fungible token) to potentially fund their transition.
The 2007 clip, which became one of YouTube’s first-ever viral videos, saw Crocker offering a tearful and passionate defence of Spears in the middle of the singer’s very public breakdown.READ MORE: WTF is an NFT? Kings Of Leon’s weird non-fungible token thing – exp
- K-pop singer IU has dropped a video for ‘Epilogue’, from her latest full-length album ‘LILAC’.READ MORE: IU – ‘LILAC’ review: a near-perfect, wide-ranging pop gem from K-pop’s darlingThe soloist surprise-released the music video at midnight KST today Today (April 15). In contrast to the vibrant visuals for ‘LILAC’ and ‘Coin’, the ‘Epilogue’ MV features a vintage, ethereal feel with IU waltzing in a warmly lit tra
- Taylor Swift made an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Tuesday night.
- Sarah Harding had planned to reinvent herself as a blues singer but shelved her plans when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- The veteran rock said he found the project uninspiring.
- He said the comments are dividing the world.
- Bon Iver's Justin Vernon dropped a snippet of an unreleased song featuring Taylor Swift's vocals during an Instagram Live this week.
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!