St. Vincent has some very sage advice for all you readers wasting your time with novels out there in the promo for this weekend’s Saturday Night Live, where she will take the stage for the second time alongside first-timer host Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah).
“Join us, won’t you, for some quality television,” says cast member Aidy Bryant in the clip. “TV is better than books, guys,” notes St. Vincent, rocking a 1970s chic outfit that includes gre
- Dua Lipa spent most of the pandemic year getting us up off the couch to dance our way through the boredom with the various incarnations of her Future Nostalgia trip. But on Monday (April 19), she brought things all the way down for a mellow cover of Arlo Park’s “Eugene” for BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge.
The confessional song about the blurred lines between platonic and romantic love from 20-year-old West London singer/poet Parks’ lauded debut, Collapsed in Sunbeams got
- The Association of Independent Festivals (AIF) and Reading and Leeds Festivals boss Melvin Benn have called on the government to offer festival insurance against coronavirus, after the lack of financial protection caused a line of events to cancel their 2021 editions.
Boomtown and Barn On The Farm have both confirmed their cancellation in the last week, with both festivals stating that they faced a huge financial risk if COVID was to prevent them from going ahead in any capacity without insuranc
- Britney Spears posted a new fashion quick-change video on Monday night (April 19) in which she busted out a never-before-seen outfit that had her all dressed up with nowhere to go. “I found my lace and leather catsuit this time …. I’ve never worn it out anywhere cause well …. where could I wear it but it’s fun to hang out in ????,” Spears wrote alongside the eight-second, four-look clip set to Blackpink’s “How You Like That.”
Paul McCartney, Chris Martin and more sign letter to Boris Johnson calling for reform of streaming businessSir Paul McCartney is among 156 signees who have urged Boris Johnson to prevent the streaming industry from continuing to pay artists unfairly.
- Jorja Smith is treating her fans to eight new tracks as part of her upcoming 'Be Right Back' project on May 14.
- BTS, Billie Eilish, Cardi B, John Mayer and Rosalía are among the nominees for the 25th annual Webby Awards. The Webbys, which were founded in 1996, honor excellence on the Internet, including websites, video, advertising, media and public relations, apps, mobile and voice, social, podcasts and games.
Nominees for music, general (virtual & remote) are “Diplo vs. The World” (Goodby Silverstein & Partners), “Adult Swim Festival Goes Global” (Adult Swim), &ldq
- The second season of the Lil Dicky FX comedy Dave will feature cameos from Lil Nas X, Doja Cat, Kendall Jenner, Lil Yachty and J Balvin, among others. The often cringe-inducing chronicle of the aspiring, neurotic rapper who can’t stop oversharing about his underwhelming qualities is slated to return on June 16 at 10 p.m. on FXX with two episodes and stream the next day on FX on Hulu.
The show, which became FX’s most-watched comedy series ever in its first season last year, will also
- Bad Bunny sold more than 600,000 tickets to his 2022 El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo in the past week, generating $64 million to $85 million in revenue, according to Billboard estimates, for a 35-date tour that is one of the fastest selling in history. But scalpers are on track to make at least that much, or even double.
The resale market could earn $133 million in revenue and potentially $120 million in profit if current price averages hold, according to data obtained by Billb
- Lil Nas X is set to guest star in the second season of Dave.
The FX comedy, based on the life of rapper and comedian Dave Burd, has announced a string of guest star for the forthcoming new episodes, including CL, Kendall Jenner, Hailey Bieber, Benny Blanco, Kyle Kuzma, Doja Cat, and Kevin Hart alongside the rapper.
Opening up about season two, Burd recently told Deadline that the new episodes are “going to shit on season one”.
“Without a shadow of a doubt, season two
- Squid have announced details of a new socially distanced UK tour, which will see them play work-in-progress new music.
It comes as the Bristol-based band prepare to release their debut album ‘Bright Green Field’ via Warp next month.The NME Big Read: Squid: “I don’t think people take us seriously enough to think we’re ‘pretentious'”The new ‘Fieldworks’ tour will take place after the release of the album but prior to their previously-annou
- Fontaines D.C. and The Bad Seeds‘ Jim Sclavunos have spoken out in support of Music Declares Emergency’s No Music On A Dead Planet campaign for Turn Up The Volume Week.READ MORE: Savages’ drummer and Music Declares Emergency co-founder Fay Milton on climate change – “Music needs to get real”The campaign, which has been backed by the likes of Billie Eilish and Foals as well having shirts designed by Thom Yorke, Joy Division artist
- Kanye West has scored a significant milestone after his 2018 album ‘Ye‘ secured over one billion streams on Spotify.
The stats come courtesy of Chart Data, which regularly monitors music industry sales and streams trackers to provide a selection of up-to-date data on prolific records.READ MORE: Kanye West – ‘ye’ reviewThe record arrived in June 2018 and headed up a series of prolific releases which arrived on his own G.O.O.D. Music and Def Jam Recordings labels in t
- Annie Mac's last show will take place on 30 July.
- SZA has opened up on her experiences growing up Muslim, and how the aftermath of 9/11 made her “scared” to wear her hijab.
The singer, who was 11 at the time of the 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City, said she was afraid of the reaction and anti-Muslim sentiment in the United States.
In a new interview, she told Muslim Girl: “I stopped covering after Nine-Eleven because I was so scared. This was like elementary school, middle school
“I regret so much—like, bein
- Comprehensive 360-degree artist platform Artist Republik has officially acquired remote collaboration platform Featured X — the latest move in a continued expansion of artist services. Artist Republik is announcing the high-profile acquisition today, which follows its launch of artist-feedback service Elite Reviews. The Providence, Rhode Island-headquartered Artist Republik has specified that Featured X’s talent-filled creator […]
The post 360-Degree Platform Artist Republik A
- The National‘s upcoming UK and European tour dates have been rescheduled to 2022, with some dates being cancelled – see details below.
The band were set to head to Europe in the summer of 2020 to celebrate 10 years of their lauded album ‘High Violet’, but the dates – including two London shows at Brixton Academy – were then rescheduled to May and June 2021.READ MORE: The National’s Matt Berninger on 10 years of ‘High Violet’: “We w
- Metallica‘s James Hetfield has made a special appearance at this year’s Little Kid Rock virtual benefit, where he stressed the importance of music education.
The metal icon is known for his work with the music charity, having previously performed with children who have benefitted from their work at the Little Kids Rock Rockin’ the Bay Benefit in 2013.
“Music has saved my life daily,” Hetfield told the virtual benefit on April 14. You can watch the clip in full below
- Forbes has revealed its 2021 30 Under 30 list for Asia with musicians such as BENEE and Jackson Wang making the entertainment and sports category.READ MORE: BENEE: Kiwi pop star with TikTok banger taking her from Supalonely to superstardomThe annual list spotlights 300 individuals under the age of 30 that have made significant strides and impact in their respective fields, ranging from entertainment and sports to science, entrepreneurship, activism and more.
Included in this year’s 30 Unde
- Forbes has revealed its new 30 Under 30 list for Asia with musicians such as BENEE and Jackson Wang making the entertainment and sports category.READ MORE: BENEE: Kiwi pop star with TikTok banger taking her from Supalonely to superstardomThe annual list spotlights 300 individuals under the age of 30 that have made significant strides and impact in their respective fields, ranging from entertainment and sports to science, entrepreneurship, activism and more.
Included in this year’s 30 Under
- For Rüfüs Du Sol, the California desert and Socal’s major hub served as the ultimate getaway during the pandemic, a home-away-from home for creating music and making new friends.
Over the past 12 months, the Australian electronic act split time between studios in Joshua Tree, where they cut the live album and film, Live at Joshua Tree; and Los Angeles, a city that now feels like home.
It would seem, L.A. is happy to have them.
Rüfüs Du Sol this week added a third d
- The Weeknd has previewed a new remix of 'Save Your Tears' featuring the vocals of Ariana Grande.
Paul McCartney, Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks and more sign letter calling on Boris Johnson to fix streaming economySome of the UK’s biggest musical stars have signed a new open letter to Prime Minister Boris Johnson calling for a reform to the streaming economy – see it in full below.
The letter, from the Musicians’ Union in association with the Ivors Academy and the #BrokenRecord campaign, says that the law around streaming revenues and royalty payments “has not kept up with the pace of technological change” in the music industry. Among the 156 signees of the letter are Paul Mc
- Dua Lipa's BRIT Awards performance will be all about the British capital and a "taste of everything".
- Billie Eilish has teased her fans that she has something new on the way for them "coming" soon.
- McFly drummer Harry Judd is recovering after contracting COVID-19.
The British recording artist and his wife Izzy are currently laid up with “mild flu symptoms,” reads an update posted by Judd on social media, “and everything smells like vinegar. Isolating at home now with the family.”View this post on InstagramA post shared by H A R R Y J U D D (@harryjudd)
Judd’s wife had more to say on the subject.
“What a way to start to the week, the panic that surged thr
Festival boss on “historic” Liverpool pilot gig: “Punters will be able to behave like COVID never happened”Festival Republic boss Melvin Benn has spoken to NME about what fans can expect from the upcoming COVID-19 pilot gig in Liverpool, claiming that fans will be able to “behave as if the pandemic never happened”.
This weekend saw the long-awaited announcement of a pilot event for live music,with Blossoms, The Lathums and Zuzu all set to perform to 5,000 fans at Liverpool’s Sefton Park on May 2.READ MORE: Restarting live music in 2021 – Gig and festival bosses on what to
- Annie Mac has announced that she is to leave BBC Radio 1 after seventeen years working at the station.
The Irish DJ said her departure was “all about time”, and said she wanted to devote more time to seeing her children and working on new projects.
It has since been confirmed that her weekday evening show, Future Sounds, will now be taken over by Clara Amfo.
Amfo will now be replaced on her mid-morning slot by Rickie Haywood-Williams, Melvin Odoom and Charlie Hedges.
Confirming her l
- South Korean band Day6 will take a break from promotional activities for their newly released LP ‘The Book of Us: Negentropy’.READ MORE: By opening up about their own issues, Day6 are helping their fans through life’s strugglesThe quintet’s agency JYP Entertainment announced yesterday (April 19) in a statement that the group would not be participating in further promotional activities for their new album. The company explained that the enlistment of member Sungjin into th
- Nova Twins have shared a new Dream Wife remix of their single ‘Bullet’, as well as announcing details of a 2022 UK and European tour. Hear it first on NME below.READ MORE: Nova Twins curate new POC alternative compilation – “If people want rock to survive, they need to diversify”‘Bullet’, taken from the rock duo’s 2020 debut album ‘Who Are The Girls’, was written as “a kick back against the harassment and day to day social pressur
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!