Soda Stereo’s long-awaited Gracias Totales tour — which kicked off Feb. 29, 2020, in Colombia but was postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak — has unveiled its new dates for the U.S., Billboard has learned.
Part tribute to the rock band’s late frontman Gustavo Cerati and part reunion of the band’s surviving members Zeta Bosio and Charly Alberti, the tour will resume on Feb. 27, 2022, at Miami’s FTX Arena (formerly American Airlines Arena) and on March 3 at
- Taylor Swift has praised Team USA gymnast Simone Biles, after the latter responded to a promo Swift narrated for NBC’s coverage of the Tokyo Olympic Games.READ MORE: Taylor Swift – ‘Folklore’ review: pop superstar undergoes an extraordinary indie-folk makeover“When you have the attention of the world, everything you do takes on a bigger meaning. It can be a heavy burden. It can be a chance to change everything,” Swift says in the video over footage of Biles co
- Band debut song newly named "Absurd" at Fenway Park on Tuesday
- via music-news.comSean 'Diddy' Combs appears on the cover of the September 2021 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett are back together again, just in time for Bennett’s 95th birthday.
On Tuesday (Aug. 3) — the same day as Bennett’s birthday — the pair announced their Cole Porter tribute album Love for Sale, out Oct. 1, and released the first single from the project, “I Get a Kick Out of You.”
The album — which is set to be Bennett’s final studio recording, following his Alzheimer’s diagnosis — is a follow-up to the duo&rsquo
- "Her honesty as beautiful as the perfection that had long been her signature... it still is," singer says of "hero" gymnast
- Taylor Swift is cheering on Simone Biles during her grand return to the Tokyo Summer Olympics on Tuesday (Aug. 3) with a brand-new NBC promo.
Biles, who is the most decorated gymnast of all time, made a (spoiler alert!) medal-winning comeback early Tuesday morning after withdrawing from her previous events last week citing mental health issues. The 24-year-old athlete took home bronze in the balance beam, which will air as part of NBC’s primetime coverage Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
- Tyler, the Creator has announced a North American tour for spring next year, in support of his latest album ‘Call Me If You Get Lost’.
The massive 34-stop tour, taking place between February and April, will see the rapper joined by Vince Staples, Kali Uchis and Teezo Touchdown. Tickets go on sale this Friday (August 6) from 10am local time.READ MORE: Tyler, the Creator – ‘Call Me If You Get Lost’ review: a love letter to the genre that made himNews of the North Amer
- Don’t go knockin’ on Britney Spears’ bathroom door unless you intend on breaking it down and rescuing her.
The pop superstar shared the craziest late-night tale of when she tried taking a bath at 2 a.m. … and accidentally locked herself in the bathroom. She spared no detail in the caption of her Instagram post from Tuesday (Aug. 3) which, indeed, eventually reveals the happy ending of how she was finally freed.
After glancing over at her “gross” leftover
- Former bandmates reunite for a lengthy conversation on Hoppus' Apple Music 1 show After School Radio
- Former bandmates reunite for a lengthy conversation on Hoppus' Apple Music 1 show After School Radio
- If you’re wondering how there is yet another television joke about Selena Gomez’s kidney transplant, Selena Gomez is too.
The pop star/actress’ fans have been calling out the Paramount+ series The Good Fight (a spin-off of CBS’ The Good Wife) for a joke in its new season about Gomez’s 2017 kidney transplant, not even a year after Peacock’s Saved by the Bell reboot landed in hot water for the very same thing.
In the Good Fight episode, Jay (played by Nyambi Nya
- Billie Eilish strips down “Male Fantasy” for a new Vevo Live performance in support of her latest LP Happier Than Ever.
The pop star performed the album’s closer in an intimate bedroom setting, where the singer, wearing a white cutout sweater and blue dress, planted herself at the edge of a golden bed. Her brother and hitmaker-in-crime Finneas accompanied her on acoustic guitar from a different corner of the room.
“‘Cause I loved you then, and I love you n
Live Nation Fires Back Against COVID-19 ‘Gag Order’ Allegations: ‘There Is Absolutely No Covid Gag Order in Our Contracts’Live Nation has officially responded to accusations that it requires artists and crew members to abstain from commenting publicly on their positive coronavirus tests. Singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye took to social media to call out Live Nation (NYSE: LYV) for the COVID-19 “gag order” that’s allegedly part of its artist and crew-member contracts. “Receiving messages like […]
The post Live Nation Fires Back Against COVID-19 ‘Gag Order’ Allegations: &lsquo
- Fetty Wap is remembering his 4-year-old daughter Lauren Maxwell with a touching tribute on social media.
The “Trap Queen” rapper honored his “mini me” by posting a beaming photo of her via Instagram on Tuesday (Aug. 3). “Hey mini me (My Twin),” he captioned the post with heart and butterfly emojis. “‘ I love you to the moon and back forever and ever bestfriend. ‘”View this post on InstagramA post shared by Zavier Jordan Maxwel
- Arabic music streaming service Anghami is getting into production with the launch of ‘Anghami Labs.’ The UAE-based music streaming platform says other musicians and content creators will have access. Any music created in The Anghami Lab will stream exclusively on Anghami. The Anghami Lab is a joint venture with Addmind, a hospitality-focused business. The first […]
The post UAE-Based Music Streaming App Anghami Launches ‘Anghami Labs’ appeared first on Digital Musi
- Why isn’t Twitter paying musicians for the content on the platform? Congress seeks answers. A bipartisan group of 22 members of the House of Representatives have sent a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. The group is seeking to address the ongoing problem of copyright infringement on the platform – and they want an answer […]
The post Why Isn’t Twitter Paying Musicians? – Members of Congress Demand Answers appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Hayden Thorpe has shared a new track called ‘Parallel Kingdom’ – you can listen to it below.READ MORE: Wild Beasts frontman Hayden Thorpe goes solo: “It’s like playing chess against yourself…”The song will appear on the former Wild Beasts frontman’s second solo album, ‘Moondust For My Diamond’, which arrives on October 15 via Domino. Its lead single ‘The Universe Is Always Right’ came out earlier this month.
- Rapper DaBaby is facing a swift backlash from live concert organizers dropping him. Both Austin City Limits and iHeartRadio announced they will no longer allow DaBaby to perform. Music Midtown also joined in to dump the controversial rapper from its September show in Atlanta. DaBaby has since tried apologizing for his hateful comments, but the […]
The post DaBaby Dropped by Austin City Limits, iHeartradio Festival & More appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Normani wasn’t afraid to show off her “Wild Side” in her latest Cardi B-assisted hit, but she was certainly “terrified” of showing the song to her father.
The pop star chopped it up with Apple Music 1’s Ebro Darden on Tuesday (Aug. 3) to talk about the single, which debuted at No. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 4 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs last week. Normani opened up about how her sensual single showcased her range, from being a member o
- Wargasm have announced their first-ever UK headline tour – check out the schedule below.READ MORE: Wargasm: Yungblud-approved nu-metalheads creating the perfect soundtrack for your rageThe London nu-metal duo – comprised of Milkie Way and Sam Matlock – will head out for the 10-date ‘War On The Road’ run of shows this November. It comes as the band gear up for a run of support slots on Yungblud’s ‘Occupy The UK’ tour, which will be followed by appea
- Spotify is testing an ad-supported subscription tier that will allow users to play songs of their choice, with unlimited skips, for $0.99 a month, a Spotify spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Called Spotify Plus, the subscription tier is a fraction of the price of Spotify Premium, the $9.99/month ad-free offering. It is currently being tested with a “limited number of users,” according to the spokesperson, at a variety of price points — including $0.99 a month.Sp
- American Idol is keeping the band together for its fifth season on ABC.
Judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan and host Ryan Seacrest have all inked new deals to remain with the singing competition in 2022 — which will mark the show’s 20th season overall, the first 15 on Fox. Their returns are locked in as Idol is set to open up virtual auditions to would-be contestants across the country on Aug. 6.
“Luke, Katy, Lionel and Ryan are music and industry icons that have be
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday morning that proof of vaccination will be required to participate in indoor activities, including live performances and entertainment, a first-of-its-kind program in the U.S.
The new mandate will require vaccination for workers and customers within indoor dining, fitness and entertainment facilities, and is slated to begin rolling out the week of Aug. 16. It won’t be fully enforced until a month later, beginning Sept. 13, and is timed to
- Chase Rice is declaring the COVID-19 pandemic is “over.”
While speaking with Audacy’s Coop on Monday, Rice discussed the return of live music and how the COVID-19 pandemic — which is currently seeing a spike, thanks to the contagious spread of the Delta variant — had upended that sector of the business for the last year and a half. But for him, he’s more than happy to move on.
“It’s something that you start losing hope towards the en
- Hong Kong officials have arrested pop star Anthony Wong for singing at a pro-democracy rally. In 2018, the cantopop singer Anthony Wong Yiu-ming sang two songs at an election rally. The rally was held in favor of the pro-democracy candidate for Hong Kong’s legislature. Yesterday, Hong Kong’s Independent Commission Against Corruption arrested the singer. He […]
The post Hong Kong Pop Star Anthony Wong Arrested for Singing at a Rally appeared first on Digital Music News.
Bruce Springsteen’s daughter Jessica fails to qualify for equestrian individual jumping final at OlympicsBruce Springsteen‘s daughter has failed to qualify for the Equestrian Park individual jumping finals at the Olympics 2020.READ MORE: Every single Bruce Springsteen album ranked in order of greatnessAs previously reported, 29-year-old Jessica Springsteen – the daughter of The Boss and Patti Scialfa – competed as the youngest member of the US showjumping team at the Tokyo games today (August 3).
Jessica is ranked in the world’s top 15 and was vying for glory in the team eve
- A month after Garth Brooks restarted his three-year stadium tour, the country superstar says after his next two shows, he will reassess if he should continue given the COVID-19 resurgence due to the fast-spreading Delta variant.
Brooks’ Aug. 7 show at Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium will go on as planned, as will the Aug. 14 show at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Neb. According to Brooks’ website, more than 74,500 tickets have been sold for the first show and over 86,000 for the
- Just days after making homophobic comments at Rolling Loud Festival in Miami on July 25, representatives for rapper DaBaby reached out to the promoters of seven fall festivals that had booked the Charlotte, N.C., rapper and assured them an apology would be forthcoming. DaBaby was planning to tape a short video that would be played before he took the stage at Lollapalooza in Chicago on Sunday, Aug. 1, in which he would deliver a heartfelt apology to the LGBTQ+ community for his distasteful remark
- Did you know that it’s James Hetfield’s birthday? The Metallica frontman turns 58 years old on Tuesday (Aug. 3) — just in time for the release of Weezer’s rocking cover of “Enter Sandman.”
Weezer’s new track is the latest drop from The Metallica Blacklist, a soon-to-be-released compilation of covers honoring the heavy metal band’s 1991 record The Black Album. The Rivers Cuomo-fronted band delivered a rendition that captured much of the origina
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!