Record Store Day UK has announced special releases for 2021 from The Clash and The Cranberries after teaming up with War Child to raise funds for the second consecutive year.
The second drop of the year will arrive on July 17, with four limited edition releases being unveiled to raise money for War Child.
The Clash’s ‘If Music Could Talk’, Miles Davis’ ‘Miles Davis Champions From The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions’ The Cranberries’ ‘Stars: The
- Django Django have shared details of a UK, Ireland and Europe tour for October and November 2021.READ MORE: Django Django: “Sometimes you just want to escape and imagine that you’re someone else”The London-based art rockers will kick the tour off at Belfast’s Limelight venue on October 9 before wrapping things up at Lyon’s L’Epicerie Moderne on November 18. The tour is in support of their latest album, ‘Glowing In The Dark’, which was released in F
- Weezer took to social media on Tuesday (April 20) to reveal the track list for their long-awaited album Van Weezer. They also announced that the track “I Need Some Of That” will arrive on April 21.
Update (April 21): “I Need Some Of That” is out now; listen below.
“It’s almost Van Weezer time. These are all the songs on the album that comes out on May 7th,” the band wrote.
Van Weezer was originally meant to be released back in May 2020, to
- Wasserman, the agency founded and helmed by Casey Wasserman, has completed a year-long negotiation to acquire Paradigm Talent Agency’s North American live music representation business from founder Sam Gores and his brother Tom Gores, who bought a controlling interest in the agency last year.
The new division’s name? Wasserman Music.
“The new business unit is devoted to the representation of music artists and their development,” a press release announcing the deal reads.
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s been five years since Prince died unexpectedly of an accidental fentanyl overdose at age 57 on April 21, 2016.
Earlier in the day on Wednesday (April 21), 1,400 fans headed to Paisley Park in Minnesota, where the legend lived and worked, leaving flowers and mementos in front of a statue outside in the shape of his famous purple Love Symbol.
- Deftones have shared a brand new video for their 2020 track ‘Ceremony’, helmed by The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell.READ MORE: Deftones: “Even in our worst moments, we persevere”‘Ceremony’ appears on the rock titans’ most recent album, 2020’s ‘Ohms’, and the new video stars Australian actress Cleopatra Coleman.
The video sees Coleman blagging her way into a decadent cocktail party before finding herself in decidedly more dangero
- Tonight (Wednesday April 21) Rough Trade and Music Declares Emergency will be teaming up to presents a free panel called Music in the Climate Crisis.READ MORE: Savages’ drummer and Music Declares Emergency co-founder Fay Milton on climate change – “Music needs to get real”The panel is part of Music Declares Emergency’s No Music On A Dead Planet campaign for Turn Up The Volume Week – calling upon the music industry to “reinforce its commitment to act
- More names have been added to Manchester Psych Fest’s lineup, including Girl Band, Porridge Radio, Dry Cleaning, KOKOROKO, Crack Cloud and The Mysterines.READ MORE: UK Festivals on testing, vaccine passports, line-ups and what to expect from the summer: “Safety is all we think about”Stereolab and Tinariwen were previously announced to play headline sets at the multi-venue event, which is held at the city’s O2 Ritz, Gorilla, Dancehouse, YES and Deaf Institute venues o
- Apple and Google will take the hot seat at a Senate Judiciary antitrust subcommittee hearing examining the companies’ app stores today (April 21), where Spotify legal official Horacio Gutierrez will testify as a witness.
The hearing will address the Silicon Valley tech giants’ power over the digital app market through their app stores. Developers must pay Apple and Google between 15 and 30 percent of their revenue to appear on the companies’ app stores, without a clear alt
Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie and Smokey Robinson to Be Honored by National Museum of African American MusicMusic pioneers Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie, Smokey Robinson and the Fisk Jubilee Singers have been chosen as the 2021 recipients of the National Museum of African American Music’s Rhapsody & Rhythm Awards.
The presentation will take place during NMAAM’s seventh annual Celebration of Legends Benefit Concert on June 17.
The fundraising event will also double as NMAAM’s kickoff to its three-day celebration of Black Music Month (June 17-19), hosted by the recently opened Nashvi
- Weezer have launched their own branded version of the Roomba hoover: introducing, the Wroomba.READ MORE: Weezer: “This album is about feeling isolated, alienated and secluded – it’s perfect for now”The collaboration comes between the band and the consumer robot company iRobot, who make the Roomba.
Announcing the new device, which is essentially a standard Roomba with a Weezer skin inspired by the CD, the band shared a new video on Twitter.
At the start of the vi
- Kelly Clarkson took on country-pop superstar Maren Morris’ “Rich” in the latest (April 21) episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show.
“If I had a dollar every time that I swore you off/ And a twenty every time that I picked up when you called/ And a crisp new Benjamin for when you’re here then gone again/ And a dollar every time I was right about you after all,” Clarkson sang, backed by her band Y’all and standing out in a white shirtdress agains
- Lil Nas X has reacted to people accusing him of faking his sexuality for hits.READ MORE: The best 2020 Grammys performances from Lil Nas X and BTS to Billie EilishThe singer, who released new single ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’ last month, wrote on Twitter yesterday (April 20) that such accusers “crack me up”.
“Y’all love saying i’m being gay for success but can’t name 5 successful gay male artists in the last 10 years to save your life,”
- via music-news.comBrand new documentary The Battle for Britney: Fans, Cash and a Conservatorship will drop on BBC iPlayer on Saturday 1 May, with a BBC Two broadcast to follow on Wednesday 5 May at 9pm BST.
- It wasn’t long after the release of Porter Robinson’s lauded 2014 debut full-length, Worlds, that he convinced himself he would no longer be able to make music. The album had hit No. 18 on the Billboard 200, debuted at No. 1 on Dance/Electronic Albums and established Robinson, then 22, as a pioneer of a fresh, smart style of electronic music made for kids raised on the internet and anime.The pressure to make an equally innovative follow-up was crippling. By 2
- After much speculation, Karol G and Anuel AA have officially announced they broke up after dating for more than two years.
“The truth is that we’re not together,” Anuel said during a since-deleted Instagram Live on Tuesday (April 20). “The times that people have seen us together is because we still love each other. We tried to recover what was lost but we took our different paths. May God bless her and that she continues to achieve her dreams and goals.”
- D-Nice, 2 Chainz and Jack Harlow are set to perform at this year’s Preakness Live event in Baltimore on July 15. The in-person experience will coincide with the Preakness Stakes horse races scheduled for July 14-16 at Pimlico Race Course.
The event will be shown on NBC during the live race day broadcast from 5-7 p.m. ET and live on D-Nice’s #ClubQuarantine Instagram. D-Nice’s #ClubQuarantine will also live stream the Preakness 146 JockeyC
- The Great Escape has added more than 75 new acts to the lineup for its virtual 2021 edition, including Holly Humberstone, Alfie Templeman and Genesis Owusu.
The Brighton-based new music festival announced back in February that it had cancelled its traditional in-person event for 2021, with a virtual festival taking its place this May.READ MORE: The NME 100 Showcase: Watch live performances from Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Holly Humberstone and moreThe first 68 artists were confirmed for the festival l
- Swizz Beatz has reportedly asked Kanye West to make an appearance at a forthcoming memorial service for DMX.
The hip-hop icon died earlier this month (April 9) after being hospitalised on April 3 for a heart attack as a result of a reported overdose. He remained in intensive care and on life support until his death; he was 50-years-old.READ MORE: RIP DMX: 10 of the rap legend’s best songs everHe is set to be celebrated at a memorial which is set to be held at the Barclays Center
- Could a sixth Paramore album be on the horizon? Fans certainly think so after singer Hayley Williams posted an intriguing exchange with drummer Zac Farro on Instagram on Tuesday (April 20).
The post from the 32-year-old vocalist, featuring the caption “we! are! getting oooooold!” was accompanied by a screenshot of what looks like a back-and-forth Williams and Farro had about their elder status.
“I know,” read the first text along with skull and crying emoji, followed by e
- On Tuesday (April 20), BTS’ V uploaded a nearly two-minute snippet of an unnamed solo track, which could serve as a preview of the mixtape the singer has been teasing since last June.
The ballad finds the K-pop superstar singing in a near-whisper over ghostly piano, showing off a more intimate side of his personality.
A fan translation of the lyrics reads as: “I see the clouds outside are still walking in the sky/ And the ruffling of my bed covers/ Slowly, slowly fades away/ Slowly,
- Chinese music streaming company Tencent Music Entertainment (TME) was minding its own business in March — showing off strong 2020 earnings and announcing a partnership with Warner Music Group — when it was blindsided by one of 2021’s oddest financial stories.
Out of nowhere, TME shares plummeted 29% — from $32.25 on March 23 to $22.84 the following day. As of Tuesday (April 20), when TME shares closed at $16.99, it had fallen a stee
- Anderson .Paak, whose pairing with Bruno Mars as Silk Sonic recently netted the duo a Hot 100 No. 1 via debut single “Leave the Door Open,” has signed a worldwide administration deal with Warner Chappell Music in partnership with Dr. Dre’s Hard Workin’ Black Folks publishing company.
The agreement covers the current Silk Sonic single and .Paak’s new music moving forward, as well as the four-time Grammy winner’s full catalog.
After giving .Paak his first Hot 10
- T in the Park‘s legendary Slam Tent is to make a comeback at a new Edinburgh festival, organisers have confirmed.
As The Scotsman reports, Edinburgh promoters Fly will team up with Slam DJ duo Stuart McMillan and Orde Meikle for the three-day event, which will see the tent being revived at an undisclosed location just outside the capital in September.
Tickets are set to go on week, with hopes that up to 5,000 fans will be able to witness the return of the tent – which previously play
- Just weeks after SNL used a classic Eminem song to explain NFTs, Slim Shady is getting into the crypto game. Yes, Marshall is planning to issue some kind of non-fungible token this weekend, though at press time on Wednesday (April 21) it was unclear what his first dip into the one-of-a-kind digital art pool will look like.
In a tweet featuring a lightbulb emoji, Marshall linked to an earlier NIFTY Gateway tweet, which promised “Surprise… We’re excited to announce that @Eminem
- Miley Cyrus posted a cheeky tease of her upcoming remix of the Kid LAROI’s 2020 single “Without You” in a 20-second clip uploaded on Tuesday (April 20). The video opens with Kid’s version of the song over footage of Miley making faces as headlines about her dating life scroll in the background.
“Miley Cyrus Romance Retrospective: All the Men and Women She’s Dated,” reads one, “What Really Ended Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas’ Relationship,”
- Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz has revealed that he almost appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
The 2009 film, written by Game of Thrones boss David Benioff, followed the story of the iconic Marvel Comics character Wolverine.
In the film, Lord Of The Rings and Lost star Dominic Monaghan played the role of Chris Bradley, a mutant whose powers included manipulating electricity, and Wentz has now revealed that the role almost went to him instead.
Speaking on the second episode of his new Apple Mu
- Dave Chappelle is launching a new podcast with Talib Kweli and Yasiin Bey called The Midnight Miracle.
The show has been described as “salon style”, and sets out to “provides a glimpse into a very interesting season in the lives of the three hosts and their friends, and features guests from among the country’s most influential cultural icons.”
Later in the press release, Dave Chappelle said: “Making a podcast isn’t the obvious next move for me, but it&rs
- The organiser of Reading & Leeds has spoken to NME about his confidence of acts from the US and overseas being able to play the festival this summer amidst concerns around coronavirus restrictions.
A number of festivals across the UK and Europe have been announcing either mostly or entirely domestic line-ups to play it safe in case COVID travel restrictions prevent acts from travelling to the UK or require them to quarantine upon arrival. Many are hoping that the government’s &ldq
- Paisley Park, where Prince lived and worked, will welcome back a select 1,400 fans Wednesday (April 21) to mark the fifth anniversary of his death from inside his creative sanctuary. The sprawling studio’s atrium will be opened to those who rushed for one of the free reservations, while other fans can leave flowers and mementos in front of a statue erected outside the front doors in the shape of his famous purple Love Symbol.
A custom-made ceramic urn shaped like Paisley Park with Prince&r
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!