Olivia Rodrigo makes it a full month at No. 1 on Australia’s two main charts.
The U.S. teen phenomenon clocks up a fourth consecutive chart double as Sour (Interscope/Universal) retains top spot on the ARIA Albums Chart and “Good 4 U” continues to dominate the national singles survey.
Sour holds off a flying Butterfly 3000 (Virgin/Universal), the latest album from the prolific Melbourne psychedelic rock outfit King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Butterfly 3000 debuts at No
- Fortnite announces the Rift Tour, a three-day concert event featuring Ariana Grande. Developer Epic Games has revealed there will be five showtimes during the three-day concert. “We recommend fans arrive in Fortnite 60 minutes before showtime, and the Rift Tour Playlist should be live 30 minutes before each show,” the developer told Digital Music News. […]
The post Fortnite Announces Rift Tour Concert Featuring Ariana Grande appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Skepta has revealed that he has no more unreleased music and that he will instead produce other acts’ work from now on.READ MORE: The Wiley-Dizzee-Skepta beef triangle explainedThe grime legend released his ‘All In’ EP on Friday (July 30) and with it announced that fans won’t be hearing anything else from him. He wrote in an Instagram story on Saturday (July 31) that it’s “all the music I have to give”, adding: “I have no unreleased music, feels go
Listen to teaser of harmonica-filled new music from The Killers in new ‘Pressure Machine’ album trailerThe Killers have shared another trailer featuring a snippet of new music for their imminent seventh album ‘Pressure Machine’.READ MORE: The Killers: “Music made it possible for me to dream”As announced last month, Brandon Flowers and co. will release their new record and follow-up to 2020’s ‘Imploding The Mirage’ next week (August 13).
Last week (July 26) the band shared a first teaser of the new record. The clip shows a car driving through the city
- The gospel music community made a joyful noise at the 2021 Stellar Gospel Music Awards, which aired Sunday on BET.
The show was taped at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in downtown Nashville last month. It marked the first time the show, which is in its 36th year, has been held in a symphony hall. The show was co-hosted by Tye Tribbett and Jekalyn Carr.
“Are you ready to have some church tonight?” Carr asked at the top of the show. Those in attendance certainly were. Here are s
- Paul McCartney earns week's biggest debut following the physical release of 'McCartney III Imagined'
- DaBaby has issued a formal apology statement on his Instagram a week after his homophobic outburst during his set at Rolling Loud Miami and following a trio of lost festival gigs.
“I want to apologize to the LGBTQ+ community for the hurtful and triggering comments I made. Again, I apologize for my misinformed comments about HIV/AIDS and I know education on this is important. Love to all. God bless,” he wrote in a lengthy note Monday (Aug. 2) before signing off with his
- via mtv.comA bright new day for The Weeknd has dawned. On Sunday (August 1), the singer, whose given name is Abel Tesfaye, tweeted, “Fuck it… IT STARTS TONIGHT,” and then proceeded to tease a nearly two-minute trailer for his new track, which the title is yet to be announced.
- via music-news.comLizzo has confirmed her new single 'Rumors' will be out on August 13.
- "I want to apologize to the LGBTQ+ community for the hurtful and triggering comments I made," the rapper said on Instagram
- BTS‘ ‘Butter‘ has surpassed Olivia Rodrigo‘s eight-week run at the top of Billboard‘s Hot 100 singles chart.READ MORE: BTS’ ‘Permission To Dance’ cements their status as kings of the feel-good summer smashThe K-pop group’s second English language single, which was released in May, has now reached nine consecutive weeks in the Number One spot, beating Rodrigo’s previous US record so far in 2021 for ‘Drivers License‘.
- Lizzo has announced that she will return with a comeback single next week.READ MORE: The Big Read – Lizzo: “If I feel worthy, then everyone gonna want to eat my pussy”The singer will release her first new music in two years on August 13 with new single ‘Rumors’.
The track will be the singer’s first new music since the release of her 2019 album ‘Cuz I Love You’.
Few details have been made available about ‘Rumors’ so far but fans can pre-
The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber’s ‘Stay’ Hits No. 1 on Global 200, Ed Sheeran’s ‘Bad Habits’ Holds Atop Global Excl. U.S. ChartThe Kid LAROI, from Australia, and Canadian Justin Bieber climb to No. 1 on the Billboard Global 200 chart with “Stay.” The Kid LAROI claims his first leader on the list and Bieber adds his second.
Meanwhile, Ed Sheeran’s “Bad Habits” posts a fourth week atop the Billboard Global Excl. U.S. chart, after becoming the English singer-songwriter’s first No. 1 on the survey.
Plus, Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow’s “Industry Baby” bounds onto the Global
- iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina returns for its eighth annual event in October. The first wave of artists includes performances from Wisin & Yandel, Prince Royce, Luis Fonsi, Natti Natasha, Zion & Lennox, Lunay, Mariah Angeliq and a special performance from J Balvin.
More artists will join the star-studded lineup in the coming weeks. The concert will be hosted by Enrique Santos, president and chief creative officer of iHeartLatino and on-air talent for iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia announ
- Dolly Parton shared how she used her songwriters’ royalties from “I Will Always Love You.” Parton wrote and performed the song in 1973 as a tribute to her partner, Porter Wagoner. Whitney Houston covered the song for the film The Bodyguard in 1992 – and it became a smashing success. Dolly Parton earned around $10 […]
The post Dolly Parton Used Royalties From ‘I Will Always Love You’ to Honor Whitney Houston appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Scott revealed the deal with an Instagram post of a script, announcing that it represents their first project together
- Her sophomore album documents her fears and traumas and still manages to sound astonishingly self-assured.
- For the third time in 48 hours, a music festival has removed DaBaby from its lineup because of his homophobic remarks earlier this month. On Monday (Aug. 2), Day N Vegas announced that they replaced Baby with Roddy Ricch for his original Nov. 12 appearance.
“DaBaby will no longer be appearing at Day N Vegas 2021. Roddy Ricch has been added to the line-up,” reads a caption on the festival’s page.
Earlier in the morning, NYC’s Governor’s Ball festival ousted Baby foll
- Charli XCX has revealed that she will release a new song in September called ‘Good Ones’.READ MORE: The Big Read – Charli XCX: “People think I’m this person who parties every single day – but I’m a business woman”The artist, who in her announcement said it was a birthday present to herself today (August 2) confirmed that it will arrive on September 2. Fans can pre-save it now on streaming platforms.
‘Good Ones’ will be Charli
- Collaboration is Andress' first new music since Grammy-nominated album Lady Like
Spotify CEO Says Joe Rogan Won’t Be Censored Anymore: “We Have a Lot of Really Well-Paid Rappers on Spotify, Too — We Don’t Dictate What They’re Putting In Their Songs, Either”Is Joe Rogan censored? Not anymore. Spotify CEO Daniel Ek revealed his company would not censor the podcast anymore. The CEO recently sat for a podcast with Axios to discuss how podcasting has changed the music streaming company. The Axios interview asked Ek if he thought the company should have any editorial responsibility for podcasts […]
The post Spotify CEO Says Joe Rogan Won’t Be Censored Anymore: “We Have a Lot of Really Well-Paid Rappers on Spotify, Too — We Don&r
- Is Joe Rogan censored? Not anymore. Spotify CEO Daniel Ek revealed his company would not censor the podcast anymore. The CEO recently sat for a podcast with Axios to discuss how podcasting has changed the music streaming company. The Axios interview asked Ek if he thought the company should have any editorial responsibility for podcasts […]
The post Spotify CEO Says Joe Rogan Won’t Be Censored Anymore appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Dear April 2023: Frank Ocean will headline Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival three years after he was originally supposed to, according to co-founder Paul Tollett.
The Goldenvoice CEO broke the news in an interview with the Los Angeles Times on Monday (Aug. 2). He solely revealed Ocean’s name from the 2023 bill, but his unorthodox strategy of naming an act years in advance was meant to reassure fans that the enigmatic R&B superstar will perform as promised after t
- The Beach Boys have shared two unreleased songs including an unreleased a capella version of ‘Surf’s Up’.READ MORE: 20 things you didn’t know about ‘Pet Sounds’The two tracks are taken from the band’s huge upcoming box set, ‘Feel Flows – The Sunflower & Surf’s Up Sessions 1969-1971’.
After sharing a new recording of ‘Surf’s Up’ track ‘Big Sur’ back in June, the band have now shared an a capel
BTS’ ‘Butter’ Tops Billboard Hot 100 for 9th Week, Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow’s ‘Industry Baby’ Debuts at No. 2BTS’ “Butter” spends a ninth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. It now boasts the longest command of 2021 outright, passing the eight-week reign of Olivia Rodrigo’s “Drivers License” in January-March.
Plus, Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow launch at No. 2 on the Hot 100 with “Industry Baby,” which arrives as the week’s most-streamed song.
The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay
Frank Ocean to Headline Coachella 2023 As Travis Scott, Rage Against the Machine Remain Booked for 2022 ComebackRage Against the Machine and Travis Scott are still booked to headline Coachella’s 2022 comeback, Coachella co-founder Paul Tollett has confirmed, while Frank Ocean’s own headlining performance is now set to take place at Coachella 2023. The 55-year-old Paul Tollett, who debuted Coachella in 1999 and owns half of the Indio, California, festival, revealed the […]
The post Frank Ocean to Headline Coachella 2023 As Travis Scott, Rage Against the Machine Remain Booked for 2022 Com
- The Weeknd has said he’s ditched doing hard drugs and only drinks alcohol “occasionally”.READ MORE: The Weeknd – ‘After Hours’ review: his most all-encompassing record to date is also an existential quandaryThe artist, who has illustrated drug use in his music before including in his 2015 hit ‘Can’t Feel My Face‘, said in a new interview that he likes he new “sober lite” label and that he formerly used drugs “as a crutch&rdq
- It’s Not Them. It Couldn’t Be Them. It Is Them! will arrive in October
- Clubbers around the UK have been warned against taking Tesla-branded ecstasy pills after one person died and many more were hospitalised in Bristol.
Last weekend (July 23-25), 20 people were hospitalised in the city and one died, leading the council to warn the public over the dangerous batch of pills.
A statement from the city council said (via Bristol Post): “On the first weekend of reopening, 20 people in Bristol needed emergency hospital treatment due to recreational drugs. One person
- Lizzo is feeling new as hell, as the pop star finally announced her first new single in two years, “Rumors,” will be released later this month.
The three-time Grammy winner cryptically teased something was coming on Monday (Aug. 2) by writing on Instagram, “Don’t even like this post cus you REALLY gon like my post tomorrow.”
“NEW ERA BITCH. ‘RUMORS’. 8/13,” she wrote underneath the highly anticipated post of the golden goddess putti
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!