- Nina Simone's granddaughter is furious her family no longer has control over the late jazz star's estate.
- J Balvin also appears on the track
- Jack White has launched a new website to showcase a host of his non-musical activities.
Jack White Art & Design shows off all of the White Stripes frontman’s creative endeavours, including his own furniture, graphic design, sculptures and more.
The website includes a number of creations never previously released to the public, and features sections including Industrial Design, Interior Design, Furniture & Upholstery, Graphic Design, Instruments & Hardware, Sculpture, Vinyl
- Marilyn Manson has dismissed Esme Bianco’s allegations of sexual assault and abuse as “untrue, meritless” and part of a “coordinated attack by multiple plaintiffs”.
The new court filing comes after Bianco, who previously appeared in Game Of Thrones, joined the array of women who have accused the musician of abusive and predatory behaviour.
In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles, Bianco alleged that Manson violated human trafficking law by bringing her to California from
Rick Astley’s ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ reaches one billion YouTube views: “I am kind of a big deal”Rick Astley‘s ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ has secured one billion views on YouTube after cementing its place in internet folklore.
Astley’s debut song, which spawned the iconic Rickrolling trend, is one of a handful of hits to reach the impressive milestone on the site – joining the likes of A-Ha’s ‘Take On Me’, Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ and Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’.
“I am kind of a big deal
- The X Factor, Simon Cowell’s ratings juggernaut that first aired in the U.K. in 2004 and has given rise to some of the biggest pop acts of the 2000s, has been canceled by British network ITV.
The broadcaster has confirmed that there are “no current plans” for another season of the show in the U.K. following rumors in the British media that Cowell himself was axing his most famous reality creation after 17 years.
The X Factor — which helped lead to the formation of boy ban
- Manic Street Preachers have been announced for Radio 2 Live with the band set to play Cardiff on August 12.
- Barbra Streisand has admitted she never expects to play to thousands of fans because she "doubts" herself.
- The take was recorded by Jimi Hendrix
- Two members of Band Of Skulls have emerged as new duo Marsden & Richardson to share their debut single ‘Outsider’. See the video first on NME below.
Russell Marsden and Emma Richardson first started writing songs together in their teens after meeting at school in their Southampton hometown, before forming Band of Skulls 17 years ago with drummer Matt Hayward and creating five acclaimed studio albums together.
Now, the pair have temporarily stepped away from Band of Skulls to focu
- Ryan Adams has pleaded for a “second chance” in music, revealing he’s on the verge of losing his home after the collapse of his career.
The US singer’s career has tanked since seven women, including Phoebe Bridgers and ex-wife Mandy Moore, accused him of sexual misconduct in February 2019.
Adams eventually issued a lengthy apology in July 2020, but now says he wants a record label to give him one more chance as he faces the prospect of financial ruin.
In a since-deleted I
- McDonald’s has cited the BTS Meal as a reason for a jump in sales in its stores over the past quarter.READ MORE:BTS’ V says his performance in ‘Butter’ MV was inspired by Billy Joel and Johnny Depp
Yesterday (July 28), the fast food chain reported same-store sales had jumped by 25.9 per cent in the past quarter ending June 30, per CNBC. It also added that sales grew by 14.9 per cent compared to the same period in 2019, before the pandemic hit.
- Jungle have returned with a brand new single and video – watch and listen to ‘Truth’ below.READ MORE: Jungle share joyous single ‘Keep Moving’ and tell us about “chaotic and magical” third album ‘Loving In Stereo’The track is the latest preview of the London duo’s upcoming third album ‘Loving In Stereo’, due out on August 13.
So far, they’ve shared the songs ‘Romeo’, ‘Talk About It’ an
- After an impressive 17 years on the air, the original UK production of The X Factor is ending.READ MORE: Pop Is Not A Dirty Word: The ratings might be shit, but has The X Factor finally found its humility?The series was created in 2004 by TV personality Simon Cowell – who also served as one of its judges for seasons one through seven, then again for seasons 11 through 15 – and bolstered acts like Little Mix, Olly Murs and One Direction in their infancies.
In a statement issued today
- After an impressive 17 years on the air, the original UK production of The X Factor has been shut down.READ MORE: Pop Is Not A Dirty Word: The ratings might be shit, but has The X Factor finally found its humility?The series was created in 2004 by TV personality Simon Cowell – who also served as one of its judges for seasons one through seven, then again for seasons 11 through 15 – and bolstered acts like Little Mix, Olly Murs and One Direction in their infancies.
The cancellation re
- Marilyn Manson''s attorney has called for the lawsuit to be dismissed due to California''s statute of limitations.
- Lizzo has been in the studio with Mark Ronson and the pair have teased fans that they are definitely not working on the star's new album.
- Grimes has described South Korean rapper and Big Bang member G-Dragon as one of her “biggest influences”.READ MORE:Highlight on returning to the stage after their hiatus and repaying their fans’ love
In a recently Tiktok video, uploaded on July 26, American pop singer did a comedic take on the popular “what’s in my bag” challenge, where she showcased all sorts of non-conventional items from a Cowboy Bebop poster frame to a mic stand. One notable item was her &
- Joni Mitchell is set to release the recordings of two sets at a Canadian coffee shop that were recorded by Jimi Hendrix. You can listen to ‘The Dawntreader’ below.
The singer’s performances at Ottawa’s Le Hibou Coffee House were captured by Hendrix in March 1968 during a two week residency by Mitchell ahead of the release of her debut album, ‘Song To A Seagull’.
Hendrix had performed at the nearby Capitol Theatre earlier that evening, and even noted plans to r
- Soft Cell have unveiled their upcoming album, 'Happiness Not Included', set for release early next year.
- BTS‘ V has named Billy Joel and Johnny Depp as inspirations for his performance in the music video for the group’s hit song ‘Butter’.READ MORE:BTS’ Jungkook says the group’s success “also feels like a burden”
During a brand-new interview with Weverse Magazine, the 25-year-old singer spoke more about the artists that inspired him while, singling out American singer-songwriter Billy Joel as one of them. V then went on to explain that he also draws in
- DaBaby has responded yet again after being criticised for homophobic comments he made during his performance at Rolling Loud Miami over the weekend.
The rapper drew backlash after telling the crowd during his set on Sunday: “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS… put your cellphone light up… Fellas, if you ain’t sucking dick in the parking lot, put your cellphone light up.”
The insensitive comments quickly drew backlash online, with many levelling accus
- Lizzo has spoken out in response to a rumour that she “stage-dived at a concert and killed somebody”.
The pop star shared her thoughts on the rumour in a TikTok posted yesterday (July 28), saying: “I’ve seen a lot of annoying things about me on the internet, but the thing that bothers me the most is this rumour that I stage-dived at a concert and killed somebody.READ MORE: The NME Big Read: Lizzo: “If I feel worthy, then everyone gonna want to eat my pussy”&ld
- Jason Sudeikis says a certain Foo Fighters track is helping inspire the writing for the second season of one of TV’s most feel-good shows, Ted Lasso.
Speaking to Blink-182 bassist Mark Hoppus for the After School Radio show, the co-creator of the Apple TV+ series spoke about the significance of the rock band’s song “My Hero,” and in the process, revealed how it influences his work on the show. The connection is based in the comedian’s approach to sketch writing, whi
- Silk Sonic, the collaborative project of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak, have announced a “Summertime Jam” this Friday.
On social media, the duo posted an image of an alleyway with a red car, with an invitation to a “Summertime Jam” happening tomorrow (July 30). @BrunoMars @silksonic pic.twitter.com/zqjYBq7Rwt
— Big Tooth Bastard (@AndersonPaak) July 28, 2021Details are scarce, but many fans think this indicates a new Silk Sonic single called ‘Summertime Jam&rs
- Jackson Wang has released a cinematic music video for ‘Drive You Home’, his latest collaboration with Internet Money.READ MORE: JAY B on finding his voice: “I can’t stop doubting myself until I’m fully satisfied”The visual, which dropped today (July 29), stars Wang as an office worker who seems satisfied with his job. But soon we find out that his happy facade is all pretence as he tries to overcome a heartbreaking tragedy that resulted in the death of his lov
- Dusty Hill, the hirsute bass player with ZZ Top, has passed away at 72. He’ll be “greatly missed,” say his surviving bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, and he certainly won’t be forgotten.
The Texas blues-rock trio unleashed a string of hits, including “Legs,” “Sharp Dressed Man,” “La Grange,” and “Gimme All Your Lovin’” and they bagged seven albums on the Billboard 200’s top 10.The band’s stellar car
- Rapper addresses homophobic comments in sexist self-directed clip as GLAAD adds to the chorus of rebukes against him
- The American gymnast pulled out of two finals at the Tokyo sporting event on Tuesday.
- Esmé Bianco’s harrowing accusations of sexual assault and abuse at the hands of Marilyn Manson are “untrue, meritless,” and part of a “coordinated attack by multiple plaintiffs,” the goth-rocker claims in a new court filing.
Earlier this year, Bianco, a star from the hit HBO series Game of Thrones, stepped forward to join others who’ve accused the musician of years-long abusive behavior. In the lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, Bi
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!