Muse fans have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the much-anticipated release of the band’s 20th anniversary remix of their seminal album ‘Origin Of Symmetry’ today (Friday, June 18).
Released in 2001, the band’s second album contained the singles ‘Plug In Baby’, ‘New Born’, ‘Bliss’, ‘Hyper Music’ and ‘Feeling Good’, and saw the Devon trio’s cult fanbase explode on their route to stadium star
- Taylor Swift puzzled her fans Thursday (Aug. 5) when she dropped a ton of clues about what’s to come on Red (Taylor’s Version), but now they’ve successfully unlocked the vault.
The pop superstar dropped a cryptic 30-second video teaser on her socials, in which a series of 13-letter word jumbles floated out of a gilded vault. The Swiftie sleuths put on their burgundy velvet thinking caps, quickly got to work, and figured out the nine bonus tracks that will make up the&
- About two weeks after filing a copyright infringement lawsuit against fitness-apparel business Gymshark, Sony Music Entertainment has taken legal action against Vital Pharmaceuticals (the parent company of Bang Energy) and Bang’s founder and CEO, Jack Owoc. Sony Music – along with SME US Latin, Zomba Recording, Arista Records, and other subsidiaries – just recently submitted […]
The post Bang Energy Faces Copyright Infringement Lawsuit From Sony Music appeared first on D
- A Kanye West interview from more than 15 years ago has resurfaced following the backlash to DaBaby ‘s homophobic comments at Rolling Loud Miami last month.
In the August 2005 interview with MTV News’ Sway Calloway, the 22-time Grammy-winner passionately defends the LGBTQ+ community and calls out discrimination in the hip-hop industry. In the video, West also revealed that in high school, people would often use the word “gay” as an insult and frequently asked if he wa
- The music industry is notorious for not being able to pay people effectively — a problem that is only getting worse as the creator economy explodes. Tipalti is now aiming to upend the industry’s status quo and get music creatives paid quickly, all while substantially lowering the manual payables workload for companies. They say that […]
The post The Music Industry Has a Growing Payments Problem — Tipalti Is Out to Solve It appeared first on Digital Music News.
- YouTube-to-MP3 converter FLVTO is now offline in the United States following an unsuccessful legal battle with the RIAA. FLVTO, one of the largest YouTube-to-MP3 converters in the world, is now offline in the United States, and potentially other countries. As of today (August 5th), the site, at flvto.biz, is completely offline except for the brief […]
The post FLVTO, One of the World’s Largest YouTube-to-MP3 Converters, Officially Shuts Down In the US appeared first on Digital Music
- Weezer have delivered their take on Fall Out Boy‘s ‘Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down’ during a set on the band’s Hella Mega Tour with Green Day.
Fall Out Boy themselves were part of the tour, but were forced to pull out of two shows due to a team member testing positive for COVID-19.
In tribute, Weezer performed their own version of the band’s 2005 hit. You can see fan footage of their rendition [email protected] playing @falloutboy with the band out with COVID at t
- About two and a half years ago, artist manager Tyler Henry found himself in the unenviable position of stepping away from his then-client Doja Cat — who was then on the cusp of exploding into the mainstream with her No. 1 single “Say So.”
“I was just over capacity with my clients,” says Henry, who this May joined the recently-launched Range Media as a managing partner. “I was in London with PARTYNEXTDOOR working on his album, and as an independent ma
- Justin Bieber is going back to Las Vegas this fall for a special three-day experience in partnership with Pollen Presents.
The pop superstar staged a three-show blitz in 24 hours for the opening of Delilah at Wynn Las Vegas in July, and he’ll return for Justin Bieber & Friends, The Vegas Weekender on Oct. 7-10. The Biebs curated the getaway experience himself, replete with a jam-packed itinerary filled with his favorite activities.
The “Peaches” pop star will
- Metallica are set to launch a new podcast that will go behind the scenes of their classic album ‘The Black Album’, it has been announced.
The podcast will be called The Metallica Podcast and will celebrate the album’s 30th anniversary, which lands on August 12.READ MORE: Metallica: every single album ranked and rated
The band announced the podcast on social media, saying that the first of eight episodes was “coming soon”. In a teaser clip, drummer Lars Ulrich said:
- via music-news.comThe popstar's conservatorship agreement has been in place since 2008.
- Ireland’s Electric Picnic festival has been refused a license for this year’s edition by its local council.
The festival had been due to take place between September 24 and 26, but this is now in serious jeopardy due to Laois County Council’s decision.
Electric Picnic responded to the news, saying it was “extremely disappointed” with the ruling, and said they had proposed to ensure that everyone attending the event would be fully vaccinated and registered in advance
- After over of year of pleas from the music industry, a government-backed COVID insurance scheme for live events and festivals has finally been announced – to the tune of £750million.
Back in May, UK festivals issued a “red alert” warning amid claims that they had “hit a brick wall” in government talks for an insurance plan – before it emerged that more than half of the UK’s festivals had been cancelled in 2021 due to uncertainty around operating wi
- Kacey Musgraves teased her new “post-divorce album” on Thursday (Aug. 5) by singing snippets of two songs: “Camera Roll” and “If I Was an Angel.”
The six-time Grammy winner and fellow country musician Ruston Kelly filed for divorce in July 2020 after three years of marriage. While her highly decorated last project Golden Hour — which took home multiple Grammys in 2019, including album of the year — found inspiration fr
- Lorde + Jack Antonoff + a rainbow guitar = magic.
The pop star released the third video from her live recording sessions shot at the Electric Lady studios with Antonoff ahead of her highly anticipated third album Solar Power, which arrives Aug. 20. The previous two were both performances of the record’s lead single and title track “Solar Power,” the first being a breezy rooftop concert and the second being a violently windy, “summer storm” version.
This time, L
- Turn-of-the-century nu-metal hitmakers Limp Bizkit had one of the most buzzed-about sets at last weeknd’s Lollapalooza festival, trending on Twitter for essentially the rest of the weekend after their Saturday night (July 31) performance. The attention the band received for their performance could be seen not only in social media chatter, but in overall consumption of the band’s catalogue, which was up across the board in the days following the gig.
Over the Sunday and Monday (Aug. 1
- Swedish House Mafia lifts into the top 10 of Billboard’s multimetric Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart (dated Aug. 7) as “Lifetime,” featuring Ty Dolla $ign and 070 Shake, shoots from No. 31 to No. 9. It’s Swedish House Mafia’s second top 10, after “Don’t You Worry Child,” featuring John Martin (No. 2, 2013). “Lifetime” is the first top 10 for each featured act.
The July 19-released track, which debuted a week earlier from four days of d
- BLACKSTARKIDS, newly signed to Dirty Hit, have released their nostalgic new single ‘Juno’. You can take a listen to it below.READ MORE: Beaux: pop prodigy signed to Dirty Hit off the back of a chance DMThe track comes along with a video directed by the band, and is inspired by the members’ experiences growing up in the 2000s. It was directed by the trio themselves, with Manny of alt-rap collective AG Club serving as director of photography.
“JUNO is a really honest reflec
- The Weeknd’s new music video for his upcoming single has been pulled from IMAX theaters over epilepsy concerns. The music video for “Take My Breath” was scheduled to show in IMAX theaters ahead of Suicide Squad. But the music video was pulled due to concerns a strobe lighting effect could induce seizures in some people. […]
The post The Weeknd Music Video Pulled From IMAX Theaters Over Epilepsy Concerns appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Lorde has shared a rooftop performance of her latest single ‘Stoned At The Nail Salon’ – scroll down the page to watch it now.
The track will feature on the New Zealand musician’s upcoming third album ‘Solar Power’, which is due to be released on August 20.READ MORE: Lorde’s new song ‘Solar Power’ is a gorgeous, sun-kissed rebirthAfter debuting the new song on Late Night with Seth Meyers last month, Lorde has now shared a stripped-back p
- Kanye West has previewed yet another single from his highly anticipated new album, Donda, expected out on Friday. The album, named after his late mom — who died in November 2007 — was originally set to be released on July 23.
His all-new tune, “Run to Glory,” appears in an ad for Beats by Dre that features track star Sha’Carri Richardson. The commercial premiered via YouTube on Thursday (Aug. 5) and marks the second teaser for West’s new album,
- Warner Music Group’s quarterly earnings report boasted some solid numbers on Tuesday — including a 32.7% revenue gain compared to the year prior, and a 49.2% improvement in adjusted OIBDA (operating income before depreciation and amortization) — but it’s what CEO Stephen Cooper and CFO Eric Levin said in the earnings call that should have the music industry paying attention.
As the industry’s only major publicly traded pure-play music company (although Universal Mus
- Sony Music Publishing has inked a “global agreement” with Sour creator Olivia Rodrigo, the parties have announced. Sony Music Publishing – which now owns or administers over five million songs, Sony Group Corporation specified in its earnings report yesterday – unveiled the deal with Murrieta, California-born Olivia Rodrigo via a formal release. The majority of the […]
The post Olivia Rodrigo Inks Global Deal With Sony Music Publishing appeared first on Digita
- via rollingstone.com"It's a really scary time for everybody," says singer-songwriter Tomberlin. "None of us have been working. People need the money. But we also can't contribute to people not being safe."
- Who is the richest female musician in the world? Rihanna, but not because of her music. Rihanna started her Fenty Beauty line in 2017 to help women everywhere feel included. But it is responsible for propelling her to the top of the Forbes rich list for wealthy female musicians. Forbes estimates Rihanna is now worth […]
The post Who is the Richest Female Musician in the World? appeared first on Digital Music News.
- via rollingstone.comSteve Jordan's latest gig filling in for Charlie Watts is just the latest in a decades-long career working with rock royalty
- Metallica urged fans to “keep an open mind for a different view” on “Nothing Else Matters,” and in return, they gave the hard rockers 1 billion views on the music video.
The six-minute-plus visual is the sixth entry in YouTube’s Billion Views Club from the ’90s, following Guns N’ Roses’ “November Rain,” Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” The Cranberries’ “Zombie,” Whitney Ho
- Aaliyah’s full catalogue will be added to streaming services over the next few months, it has been confirmed.
The singer’s debut album ‘Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number’ is currently the late R&B star’s only record that is available digitally, while tracks from the Romeo Must Die soundtrack and compilation albums can be found on some platforms.
Earlier today (August 5), it was announced that Aaliyah’s former label Blackground Records – which was
- Vince Staples, Cyn and Zhu will join Katy Perry, J Balvin and Post Malone to celebrate Pokémon’s 25th anniversary by contributing music to two upcoming EPs, Billboard is exclusively announcing on Thursday (Aug. 5).
The Pokémon 25: The Blue EP and Pokémon 25: The Red EP, which pay homage to the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue video games, are part of the yearlong P25 Music collaboration with Universal Musi
- AmazeVR has signed an agreement with Roc Nation recording artist Megan Thee Stallion to create a one-of-a-kind immersive VR experience. Developed for theaters outfitted with haptic motion chairs and VR headsets, the experience will include a musical performance by the “Savage” rapper and musical artist set in an imaginary world. It’s set to debut to the public early next year.
“Creativity is limitless in the world of virtual reality, which means the concepts and idea
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!