Logic has returned today with new song ‘Intro’, the first song he’s dropped since he officially ended his retirement.
The arrival of ‘Intro’ comes just a day after the rapper posted a brief statement on social media: “I’m back.”
The post appeared to pay homage to Michael Jordan’s 1995 “I’m back announcement” which confirmed his NBA return.
‘Intro’ comes in at just under 2 minutes in length, ending with Logic
- Dusty Hill, the hirsute bass player with ZZ Top, has passed away at 72. He’ll be “greatly missed,” say his surviving bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, and he certainly won’t be forgotten.
The Texas blues-rock trio unleashed a string of hits, including “Legs,” “Sharp Dressed Man,” “La Grange,” and “Gimme All Your Lovin’” and they bagged seven albums on the Billboard 200’s top 10.The band’s stellar car
- Rapper addresses homophobic comments in sexist self-directed clip as GLAAD adds to the chorus of rebukes against him
- via music-news.comThe American gymnast pulled out of two finals at the Tokyo sporting event on Tuesday.
- Esmé Bianco’s harrowing accusations of sexual assault and abuse at the hands of Marilyn Manson are “untrue, meritless,” and part of a “coordinated attack by multiple plaintiffs,” the goth-rocker claims in a new court filing.
Earlier this year, Bianco, a star from the hit HBO series Game of Thrones, stepped forward to join others who’ve accused the musician of years-long abusive behavior. In the lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, Bi
- Earlier this week The Kid LAROI delivered a surprise concert on the roof of the Hollywood Palladium, where he was joined by Justin Bieber, Machine Gun Kelly and G Herbo.READ MORE: The Kid LAROI talks new single ‘Stay’ with Justin Bieber and shares update on debut albumThe Australian rapper announced the show a day before it was scheduled to take place on July 27, and revealed the location three hours prior to the concert. LAROI performed ‘Stay’, ‘Let Her Go&rsq
- DaBaby is once again addressing his homophobic comments made onstage at Rolling Loud Miami, this time with a new music video.
The “Giving What It’s Supposed to Give” video, released Wednesday afternoon (July 28), ends with a rainbow-colored message that says “Don’t Fight Hate With Hate,” as well as “My apologies for being me the same way you want the freedom to be you.”
The message appears to be in reference to his controversial onstage comments at
- Singer and producer Banoffee has announced the forthcoming release of her second album, ‘Teartracks’.
Due for release October 8, the album features collaborations with PC Music’s Planet 1999, fellow hyperpop artist Perto and Charli XCX touring band member Ceci G. It will also include Banoffee’s earlier single, ‘Tapioca Cheeks’.
In a statement, the artist – real name Martha Brown – said the new album is for “people who just want to stay indoor
- John Mayer’s Sob Rock rules Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart, as the singer-songwriter’s latest studio set debuts atop the list (dated July 31). The set sold 61,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending July 22, according to MRC Data — the biggest debut sales week for an album in nearly two months, since Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour started with 72,000 copies at No. 1 (June 5-dated chart).
Mayer leads a busy top 10 on Top Album Sales, which is infused with titles released
- Parcels have released their second track for the year, ‘Comingback’, along with an accompanying music video.
‘Comingback’ follows on from the band’s previous single, ‘Free’, which arrived last month. Following its release, Parcels shared a live performance of the track, filmed in the small Australian town of Silverton.
The song’s music video was directed by Oliver Rose, who has previously worked on several of the band’s clips as a director of
- Daughters Of Reykjavík have dropped off their latest single, ‘Hot Milf Summer’ – you can watch the song’s video below.READ MORE: Daughters Of Reykjavík – ‘Soft Spot’ review: uncompromising feminist rap collective spit some truthThe feminist hip-hop trailblazers’ new track comes after four of the nine members recently became mothers, which in turn inspired them to deliver an empowering message of motherhood.
- Back in April of 2020, global music marketplace BeatStars inked a partnership agreement with Sony Music Publishing. Now, the entities have expanded their professional relationship with the “official launch” of BeatStars Publishing. Sony Music Publishing and BeatStars – which Lil Nas X utilized when creating “Old Town Road” – announced the formal rollout of BeatStars […]
The post BeatStars Expands Sony Music Publishing Partnership With “Official La
- Ventura was known for classics such as "Patacon Pisao,” “Pitaste," "El Elevador," and "Merenguero Hasta la Tambora."
- Amyl And The Sniffers have released a new single called ‘Security’ – you can watch the track’s wild video below.READ MORE: Amyl and The Sniffers: “Scott Morrison is fucking the environment and the working class”The Australian punks, led by captivating frontwoman Amy Taylor, announced earlier this month that they will release ‘Comfort To Me’, the follow-up to their 2019 self-titled debut album, on September 10 via Rough Trade Records.
- ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill has passed away in his Houston home, aged 72. The band shared a statement on Wednesday announcing the bassist’s death. “We are saddened by the news today that our compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX,” the statement reads. “We, along with legions […]
The post ZZ Top Bassist Dusty Hill Has Passed Away – Age 72 appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Rapper DaBaby issued a half-baked apology for homophobic comments made during his Rolling Loud set on Saturday. It wasn’t enough to save an endorsement deal with UK-based Boohoo. DaBaby tweeted last night that his comments were insensitive, and he had no intention to offend. “Anybody who done ever been effected [sic] by AIDS/HIV y’all got […]
The post DaBaby Dropped by British Fashion Line Boohoo Following Homophobic Rant appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Rapper DaBaby apologizes for comments made during his Rolling Loud set on Saturday. DaBaby tweeted last night that his comments were insensitive, and he had no intention to offend. “Anybody who done ever been effected [sic] by AIDS/HIV y’all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no […]
The post DaBaby Apologizes, Dropped by Fashion Line Following Homophobic Rant appeared first on Digital Music News.
- This is branded content created in partnership with Sound Mind.
Community is what drives Troy Donald Jamerson, better known as Pharaoahe Monch. The Queens-born MC known for his decades-long career built on complex, interlocking lyrics and rhymes credits his intimate knowledge of Black America’s struggle for stability as a formative force in his life. Troy’s mother and father both worked punishing early shifts, and Troy saw how that hard work provided stable ground in the face of adve
- Legendary merengue singer Johnny Ventura (real name: Juan de Dios Ventura Soriano) died on Wednesday (July 28), Billboard has learned. He was 81 years old.
The famed singer-songwriter, arranger and bandleader died of a sudden heart attack and was pronounced dead at Clínica Unión Medica del Norte in Santiago, according to El Tiempo.
Just three hours before his death was announced, Ventura shared a video of himself dancing with one of his fans and wrote: “I miss the human warmt
- Bryan Adams has a new label home, his first since signing with A&M Records for one whole dollar in 1978. The Canadian rocker, who soundtracked a good portion of eighties kids’ lives with hits like “Cuts Like a Knife” and “Summer of ’69,” among many others, has inked a deal with BMG to release his next album.
The new record doesn’t have a title or release date yet, but Adams said in a recent Instagram chitchat that a “rocker” of a single i
- A new project hopes to preserve music in a doomsday vault for future generations. The vault is under construction near the North Pole, according to an initial report from Billboard. The vault is designed to store significant recordings from classic Beatles hits to Australian indigenous tunes. A company called Elire’s Global Music Vault says the […]
The post Helping Music Survive Doomsday? New Conservation Project Underway appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Posty Fest is back.
On Wednesday (July 28), Post Malone announced that he will host and headline the third annual Posty Fest on Halloween weekend, Oct. 30 and 31. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, this year’s festivities will take place outside of AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Special pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase online via SeatGeek beginning Thursday at 10 a.m. local time. On Instagram Wednesday, Post Malone wrote, “Presale tom
- After DaBaby was roundly criticized for his homophobic comments onstage at Rolling Loud Miami on Sunday night, GLAAD has released a response, calling the rapper’s remarks “inaccurate, hurtful, and harmful” to the LGBTQ community and those living with HIV.
During his set at Rolling Loud’s closing night, DaBaby told the crowd, “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases, that’ll make you die in two to th
- Despite getting left at the altar by Bill Ackman-led SPAC Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, Universal Music Group seems to be walking it off without problem — with strong earnings generating plenty of momentum ahead its touted IPO. Mega-major Universal Music Group now has a bolt of momentum heading into its planned Q4 public offering, thanks […]
The post What Cancelled SPAC Deal? Universal Music Group H1 Earnings Surge 38% Year-Over-Year appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Keith Richards welcomes Texas trio into Cleveland institution
- We look back at the hitmaking Texas trio's defining tracks, from "La Grange" to "Legs"
- Tributes are being paid to Dusty Hill, best known for being the bassist of ZZ Top, who has died aged 72.
The musician’s death was confirmed by the group’s longtime rep, who said that Hill died at home in his sleep. No cause of death has yet been revealed.
Remaining ZZ Top members Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard issued a statement on Hill’s passing: “We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX
- The hordes of people expected to descend on Chicago’s Grant Park for the Lollapalooza music festival this week will be required to show proof that they’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19 or tested negative for the disease within the last three days.
The four-day festival starts Thursday and is expected to be back at full capacity, with roughly 100,000 daily attendees. After missing last summer because of the threat of the coronavirus, it will easily be Chicago’s largest gathering
- Are more lullabies in Ricky Martin’s future? The Latin superstar and dad of four reveals in his updated episode of Behind the Music airing Thursday (July 29) that he’s open to having more children with husband Jwan Yosef, and Billboard has an exclusive first look.
In the clip, the Puerto Rican artist opens up about his beloved family and children. “We’re normalizing what a beautiful, modern family is!” he declares, sharing how special his life has been to
New Jersey to Rename Garden State Parkway Rest Stops In Honor of Jon Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Other Jersey StarsThe State of New Jersey is officially preparing to rename Garden State Parkway rest stops in honor of legendary artists including Jon Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, and Frank Sinatra. Officials announced in a formal release that the Woodbridge Township-headquartered New Jersey Turnpike Authority, following a unanimous vote, would move to rename nine Garden State Parkway […]
The post New Jersey to Rename Garden State Parkway Rest Stops In Honor of Jon Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra,
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!