The Voidz have shared a new extended version of their 2019 track ‘The Eternal Tao’.
‘The Eternal Tao 2.0’ has been released in line with its appearance in a new promo video for Julian Casablancas‘ beloved New York Mets baseball team.READ MORE: Julian Casablancas and The Voidz on ‘GTA Online’, ‘Alien Crime Lord’ and video game designThe video was shared this weekend (April 1) to mark the start of the new Major League Baseball season in the Uni
- Arcade Fire have shared a new 45-minute song titled ‘Memories of the Age of Anxiety’ for a meditation and sleep app.
The instrumental was created for the Headspace app, which offers meditation and mindfulness skills “on everything from managing stress and everyday anxiety to sleep, focus and mind-body health”.READ MORE: Arcade Fire’s Sarah Neufeld shares ‘With Love And Blindness’ and talks “healing” new solo albumArcade Fire have contributed
- Christina Aguilera is hard at work on not one but two albums, including her “overdue” Spanish-language LP.
The U.S. pop veteran is recording an English LP and a Spanish set, just her second after 2000’s Mi Reflejo (My Reflection), which peaked at No. 27 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, and ruled the Top Latin Albums and Latin Pop Albums surveys.
“I’m months away from anything being announced,” she tells Health magazine. “I’m simultaneously w
- Remi Wolf has announced a new remix EP, ‘We Love Dogs!’, containing remixes of tracks from the artist’s back catalogue.READ MORE: Remi Wolf: Inside her vivid tales of love and life in LADue out May 5 through Island, the collection will feature contributions from Beck, Free Nationals, Hot Chip, Nile Rodgers, Panda Bear and Tune-Yards, among others. Coinciding with the announcement, Wolf has shared the Sylvan Esso remix of ‘Rufufus’, taken from her 2019 debut, ‘
- The Mercury Music Awards Show returns this year, with a COVIDSafe event at London’s Eventim Apollo on Sept. 9. Before that, the shortlist of 12 albums will be announced July 22, with BBC Music on board as broadcast partner.
Car manufacturer Hyundai is sponsor of this year’s Mercury Prize, which celebrates artistic achievement across British and Irish music.
The award was established as the Mercury Music Prize in 1992 by labels body the BPI and its counterpart retail association ERA (
- Late last month, reports suggested that New York City-based music publisher Reservoir Media was preparing to go public by merging with blank-check acquisition company Roth CH Acquisition II (ROCC on NASDAQ). Now, the parties have officially set the process in motion by inking a “definitive agreement.” Reservoir Media announced today that it and Roth CH […]
The post Reservoir Media Is Officially Set to Arrive on NASDAQ appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Arlo Parks has taken on a Patti Smith classic, performing a rendition of the latter’s hit ‘Redondo Beach’.
Presented by Parisian La Blogothèque, Parks’ performance was captured as part of the film-making publication’s Reprise series, which showcases ten artists from various music backgrounds as they cover a cult track from a different part of the music scene to their own.
Parks’ rendition of the 1975 song – taken from Smith’s 1975 debut albu
- Rina Sawayama has released a new version of her song ‘Chosen Family’, which features Elton John as a special guest.
The track originally featured on the artist’s debut album ‘Sawayama’, which came out back in April 2020.READ MORE: Rina Sawayama: “I need to get some rock’n’roll lessons from Matty Healy”The new rendition of ‘Chosen Family’ arrived on Wednesday (April 14), with the track initially premiering on Zane Lowe’s Appl
- Rina Sawayama has released a new version of her song ‘Chosen Family’, which features Elton John as a special guest.
The track originally featured on the artist’s debut album ‘Sawayama’, which came out back in April 2020.READ MORE: Rina Sawayama: “I need to get some rock’n’roll lessons from Matty Healy”The new rendition of ‘Chosen Family’ arrived on Wednesday (April 14), with the track premiering on Zane Lowe’s Apple Music sh
- Multi-Grammy and Latin Grammy Award-winning musician Marc Anthony has another project set up with ViacomCBS International Studios (VIS), a comedy set in the world of social media.
Liked is described as a comedy series about a millennial who does whatever it takes, including lying, to achieve fame as an online influencer. Anthony and VIS president JC Acosta announced the project Wednesday (April 14) during a pre-recorded keynote session as part of the digital MIPTV international television m
- Triller parent TrillerNet has acquired Amplify.ai, tapped the customer-engagement platform’s co-founder to serve as CEO, and purchased combat-sports streaming service FITE. The company behind the short-form video-sharing app (and foremost TikTok competitor) unveiled the Amplify.ai purchase and CEO appointment – as well as the FITE buyout – in a pair of formal releases today. Worth […]
The post Triller Parent Company TrillerNet Appoints New CEO, Acquires Amplify.ai and FI
- [Spoiler alert: This story contains the identity of the eliminated contestant on Wednesday night’s (April 13) The Masked Singer.]
As The Masked Singer prepares for its two-hour Super Eight special next week, viewers were introduced to new wildcard contestant Yeti — who ultimately beat out Orca in the fight for the Golden Mask.
Orca joined season 5 of the show as the first-ever wildcard contestant, where he rocked the stage with Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not
- Reservoir Holdings, which owns Reservoir Media, is going public on the Nasdaq stock exchange through a reverse merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) in an apparent move to gain liquidity and a lower cost of capital. This marks the first standalone publishing company to go public on a U.S. stock market.
Reservoir will form a business combination with Ross CH Acquisition II (currently trading on Nasdaq under the symbol ROCC) and when the deal is completed sometime in the th
- Reservoir Holdings, which owns Reservoir Media, is going public on the Nasdaq stock exchange through a reverse merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) in an apparent move to gain liquidity and a lower cost of capital.
Reservoir will form a business combination with Ross CH Acquisition II (currently trading on Nasdaq under the symbol ROCC) and when the deal is completed sometime in the third quarter, the combined company will be named Reservoir Media but with a new ticker, R
- John Malone’s Liberty Media — which owns audio entertainment giant SiriusXM, the Atlanta Braves baseball team and the Formula One racing circuit — disclosed that president and CEO Gregory Maffei’s 2020 compensation amounted to $47.1 million, up from $44 million in 2019 and $20.1 million in 2018.
He had made $19.8 million in 2017 and $16.9 million in 2016. The pay details were disclosed in a regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Darren Criss made his late-night television performance debut Tuesday night on The Late Late Show With James Corden with “Runnin’ Around.”
He “got one hell of a gang together” for the first-ever performance of the song (originally titled “F*kn Around”), featuring Este Haim of HAIM (bass), The Pocket Queen (drums), frequent collaborator and San Fermin frontwoman Charlene Kaye (guitar) and the song’s co-writer CJ Baran (keys).
The super tro
- As Carlos Rivera and Maluma’s “100 Años” hits the top 10 on Billboard’s Latin Pop Airplay chart (dated April 17), Rivera scores his first top 10 on any airplay chart. The song, which jumps 12-10, earns Maluma his 23rd top 10 dating back to his first chart visit, “La Temperatura” with Eli Palacios (No. 8, 2014).
“100 Años” bounds with a 30% increase in audience impressions, to 3 million earned in the week ending April 11, according to
- Crumb have announced the forthcoming release of their second album, ‘Ice Melt’.
The album will follow their 2019 debut ‘Jinx’, produced by Foxygen’s Jonathan Rado and now released on the band’s own Crumb Records.
‘Ice Melt’ is supposedly named for the blend of coarsely ground salts used to dissipate ice on your front steps – absorbing water and giving off heat – available cheaply at US hardware stores.
The record will feature the three
Lil Nas X’s “Montero” Is Getting Removed From Spotify, Apple Music, Other Streaming Platforms In Certain CountriesLil Nas X recently warned fans that “all the streaming services” were preparing to remove his “Montero” track, and Columbia Records described the potential takedown as “out of our control.” But the song is still live on DSPs for listeners in the United States – and unavailable to those in certain other regions. The precise […]
The post Lil Nas X’s “Montero” Is Getting Removed From Spotify, Apple Music, Other Streaming Platforms I
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Looking for a new book to read can be overwhelming, given the plethora of options available to purchase both online and in bookstores.
To make it easier for music fans, we’ve compiled a list of 15 must-read music books — from moving memoirs and essays to deep dives on musical history, science and more.
See our list — many of which are ava
- via mtv.comRina Sawayama and Elton John released a poignant new version of Sawayama's single "Chosen Family" on Wednesday (April 13) that celebrates finding love and acceptance within one's friendship circle.
- TikTok is looking to beef up its legal team with experts in music licensing. TikTok is looking to hire a junior transactional attorney who specializes in music licensing for digital platforms. The company wants to beef up its music licensing libraries available to its users through license agreements. “You will draft and negotiate a variety […]
The post TikTok Is Quietly Beefing Up Its Music Licensing Team appeared first on Digital Music News.
- Silk Sonic, the duo comprised of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak, topped the Billboard Hot 100 this week with its single “Leave the Door Open,” up from No. 3 last week. The track marks Mars’ eighth No. 1 on the tally — making him one of just 18 artists in Hot 100 history to boast at least eight songs atop the Hot 100 — and the first for .Paak.
“Leave the Door Open” logged 21.5 million U.S. streams and sold 28,600 copies in the week ending April 8
- An open letter headlined “We Stand For Democracy” and opposing restrictions on voting drew hundreds of signees from across corporate America, including many names from the entertainment industry.
Among the companies attaching their names to the letter were Netflix, ViacomCBS, Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Eventbrite, CAA, Sonos, UTA and Live Nation Entertainment.
Individuals signing the letter included notable entertainment figures Scooter Braun, Katy Perry, Debra L. Lee, JJ Abrams, Georg
- Taylor Swift’s fans can’t shake off the theory that she might be re-recording her fifth album 1989 next. If that’s the case, which song do you wish she would re-record next?
The Billboard 200 No. 1 LP and 2016 Grammy album of the year winner spawned three No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 — “Shake It Off,” “Blank Space” and “Bad Blood,” featuring Kendrick Lamar. The Swifties already heard a snippet of “Wildest Dreams&r
- Dozens of US venues will be retrofitted for livestreaming capabilities in addition to in-person shows.READ MORE: Mark, My Words: lockdown live-streams might be the future of music, after allLive Nation and streaming platform Veeps, the latter of which was co-founded by Good Charlotte’s Joel and Benji Madden, have partnered up to install livestreaming set-ups at more than 60 US venues that are frequently visited by acts on tours.
A series of livestreamed concerts broadcast from LA venue The
- Moulin Rouge! actor Karen Olivo says she’s not returning to the Broadway production as a form of protest against Scott Rudin, the prolific theater and film producer who former employees alleged of bullying in a recent Hollywood Reporter story.
Olivo, who played Satine in the Broadway production that began in 2019, announced her departure from the role in an Instagram video on Monday. “Social justice is more important than being a sparkling diamond. Building a
- The 2021 Latin American Music Awards are officially a day away, where Karol G and J Balvin, with nine nominations each, lead the pack.
Confirmed for the sixth annual ceremony is a wave of artists such as Juanes, Anitta, Maluma, Camilo, Ricky Martin, Carlos Vives, Banda MS, David Bisbal, Carrie Underwood, and Pitbull, to name a few.
Country singer Underwood will join Spanish crooner Bisbal for their first-ever television performance of “Tears of Gold”; Ricky and Carlos Vives, as
- 2 Chainz is the next artist to headline TIDAL x Oculus’ virtual reality concert series.READ MORE: 2 Chainz – ‘So Help Me God!’ review: countless killer punchlines, but not quite a K-OThe rapper will take to the stage for a weed-friendly celebration on April 20, the annual day and time at which cannabis smokers are encouraged to light up worldwide. However, the set won’t happen at 4.20pm local time; 2 Chainz will instead kick off the show at 9pm ET (2am BST, April 21
- Rivers Cuomo and the gang would rather be anywhere but on a Zoom call in Weezer’s new video for “Grapes of Wrath,” which the band surprise-released on Wednesday (April 14).
In the visual, Cuomo and his bandmates (Patrick Wilson, Brian Bell and Scott Shriner) log on for their weekly video chat, but each member quickly finds a way to accomplish the tasks and activities that they’d much rather be doing. Cuomo places a photo of himself in front of the camera, while Shriner em
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!