It’s been a big couple of weeks for Lil Nas X, so he’s ready to kick back and relax in his new video for “Montero (Call Me By Your Name).”
Nas released a new behind-the-scenes video for “Montero” on Monday (April 5), in which he cheekily named it the “Official Video except its not the official video at all.” Throughout the new visual, the rapper gives fans behind-the-scenes glimpses into the making of the song.In the video, Nas works with his team
- Olivia Lux still remembers this piece of wisdom RuPaul gave her and her fellow Drag Race contestants during season 13: “Ru said while we were there, ‘You’ll learn a lot more after the season is done and you’re able to watch yourself on TV,'” she shares. “That was really right — I feel like I’ve learned so much watching it back.”
Among those lessons, Lux says she was astounded by how deeply optimistic she came across on TV. &ldq
- A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott and Post Malone have been announced as the new headliners of Rolling Loud Miami festival’s rescheduled 2021 edition.READ MORE: Everything we know so far about festival season 2021The festival, which was postponed from 2020 to 2021 owing to the coronavirus crisis, was going to take place this July 6-8 before later being moved to July 23-25. A$AP Rocky was headlining along with Future and Wiz Khalifa, but Travis Scott and Post Malone have since replaced the latter tw
- Korean pop music has become an enormous part of the modern U.S. music industry, with artists like BTS, Blackpink, SuperM and others making history to lead the way. Over the past few years, K-pop acts have continuously broken barriers on the Billboard charts and at American award shows, all while entertaining and enlightening millions of fans in the United States and beyond.
So how did this happen? How did K-pop suddenly explode in America?
On the latest episode of Billboard Explains, explor
- Chrissy Teigen opened up about keeping up with her friend Kim Kardashian amidst the billionaire’s divorce from Kanye West.
During her virtual appearance on Watch What Happens Live Tuesday (April 20), fans asked the cookbook author about Kardashian’s well-being after she filed for divorce on Feb. 19, and whether her husband John Legend was in touch with his “Number One” collaborator.
“I will say I have definitely been in touch with Kim more than J
- The WWE is looking to expand into new business areas, including the red-hot NFT and audio content markets.
To help it do so, it has hired two former CAA agents: Scott Zanghellini and Alex Varga. Zanghellini will be head of revenue strategy and development for the company, with Varga serving as vp of revenue strategy and development.
“The content business is shifting on a weekly, if not daily, basis so it’s incumbent upon all of us here at WWE to be ahead of the cu
- Sports Team have released a new song, ‘Happy (God’s Own Country’) – watch the video for the new single below.READ MORE: Sports Team – ‘Deep Down Happy’ review: A flag in the ground from a band dedicated to extremesA press release from the group describes the new single, which they teased in a social media post yesterday (April 20), as “a summer-of-hope-anthem” that “celebrate[s] the easing of lockdown measures”.
The new song&
- Little Simz is back with her first new music since 2019 – watch the epic music video for ‘Introvert’ below.READ MORE: Little Simz: “People expect Black people to have all the answers”The Salomon Ligthelm-directed video sees Simz (real name Simbi Ajikawo) rap and move expressively with a dance troupe inside London’s Natural History Museum. Spliced with it are archived shots of the civil rights movement, Black men being chased by police, and what appears to
From Natti Natasha & Becky G to Karol G & Mariah Angeliq, Vote For Your Favorite All-Female Latin Collab of 2021 (So Far)The year is in full swing and women have been hustling and teaming up for fierce, relatable tunes that people, especially women, can jam to all 2021.
Three years after dropping their smash hit “Sin Pijama,” Natti Natasha and Becky G have joined forces for “Ram Pam Pam,” a hard-hitting reggaeton with Middle Eastern influences about a woman who’s no pendeja.
“Ram Pam Pam” is a sequel to Natti’s all-female perreo in “Las Nenas” featuring F
Crowder Earns First Hot Christian Songs No. 1 With ‘Good God Almighty’: ‘I Love How Defiantly Joyful It Is’Crowder, aka singer-songwriter David Crowder, achieves his first No. 1 on Billboard’s airplay-, sales- and streaming-based Hot Christian Songs chart (dated April 24), as “Good God Almighty” jumps from No. 4 to No. 1.
Sparked by the song’s official video, which premiered April 9, the single surged by 20% to 1.9 million U.S. streams in the week ending April 15, according to MRC Data. The track jumps 15-8 on Christian Streaming Songs, awarding Crowder his first top 10.
- Polo G is the “Rapstar” who’s shining at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week (on the chart dated April 24), and he’s still in disbelief over it.
The 22-year-old rapper took to Twitter on Monday (April 19) when the news broke about his first No. 1 song on the chart. “#1 song On the billboard Charts. Thank u God& Everybody Supportin me This s— don’t even Feel real,” he wrote. “Naw like gang I really just went #1 wtf.”
- An almost incomprehensible loss hit the music world on April 21, 2016, when Prince died in his native Minnesota at the age of 57.
The incalculably talented and influential musical genius notched a massive run of hits on various Billboard charts during his nearly 40-year recording career, and he also left behind an imposing, rich catalog. His talent was so profound that he was often able to relegate flawless material to b-side status or leave it in his Vault entirely; a number of t
- Liverpool Sound City has announced details of a six-day virtual edition, which begins later this month.READ MORE: Festival insurance remains “single biggest worry” as government is urged to back up eventsThe new event precedes the festival’s full edition, which is set to take place in October after being pushed back from May due to coronavirus-related delays.
Sound City 2021 will take place between October 1-3, 2021, with a line-up that includes Rejjie Snow, The Murder Cap
- Following the success of her breezy half-Spanish, half-English-language single “Telepatía,” Kali Uchis is bringing her good vibes to an immersive virtual concert experience on Thursday (April 22)
Throughout Sin Miedo: La Experiencia, Kali will perform hits from her new album, Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios), for the first time since its release, including, of course, “Telepatía.” The song, which blew up on T
- “Rapstar,” the new melodic trap anthem from Polo G, is the biggest song in the country, debuting at No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Hot 100 chart. Ten months ago, however, “Rapstar” was just a piece of a song, a half-formed idea posted to YouTube.
“It was just a freestyle,” Stacia Mac, Polo G’s mother and manager, tells Billboard of the 93-second clip from May 2020 that featured the Chicago rapper standing alongside producer Einer Bankz, tossing out
- Actor and indie folk singer Ezra Furman is ready to live her truth fully.
In a post on her Instagram on Tuesday (April 20), Furman officially came out to the world as not only a transgender woman, but also a mother. “I wanted to share with everyone that I am a trans woman, and also that I am a mom and have been for a while now (like 2+ years),” she wrote in the post.The star shared that, for much of their life, they were “hesitant” to refer to themself as a woman, and ins
- MOSCOW — Russia’s largest, state-run bank Sber has acquired the local music streaming company Muzlab to merge it with its own service, SberZvuk, in a bid to beef up its streaming business.
Sber hopes that the merger of SberZvuk and Muzlab, which is targeting the business market, will enable it to achieve synergies and create new opportunities to target both the consumer and business se
- If there’s one place that artists meet eye to eye, it’s definitely fashion. From Anuel AA’s Street Fighter-inspired collection to Bad Bunny’s “First Café” sneaker with adidas Originals to Nicki Nicole teaming up with Spanish brand Pull&Bear for her own line and beyond, check out Latin artists who have recently dropped clothing lines or their own sneakers.Anuel with Chalk Line
Anuel teamed up with Chalk Line to drop his Street Fighter-inspired collec
- Springtime is here, which means it’s time to ditch the winter boots and pull out your best sandals, heels and sneakers.
Katy Perry, who launched her own shoe collection in 2017, took to Twitter on Wednesday (April 21) to announce that she’ll be sharing her new spring line “for the 1st time” with an Amazon Live Q&A on Wednesday (April 28) at 11 a.m. PT.
#ShoesdayTuesday is BACK (I know you were worried ) and I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be sharing my n
- Feeder have announced a new outdoors gig in Newport, Wales, with support from The Magic Gang.READ MORE: Feeder’s Grant Nicholas talks to NME about their 25 years as a bandThe band will play Tredegar Park on July 9 with support also coming from Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, and Tom Auton And The Bottle Breakers. Tickets go on general sale at 10am on May 4.
Summer 2021 sees the Welsh rockers play a number of festivals including Askern Music Festival in Doncaster, Gateways Festival
Benny Blanco discusses releasing posthumous Juice WRLD music: “I want it to be the way they would want to hear it”Benny Blanco has spoken to NME about the process of releasing music with Juice WRLD and 6 Dogs after the two artists passed away.
The producer released his new album ‘Friends Keep Secrets 2’ last month, a reimagining of his 2018 debut album ‘Friends Keep Secrets’, and the new version features the two late artists.READ MORE: Pop powerhouse Benny Blanco: “Do I consider myself a ‘hitmaker’? I think I’m a loser!”In a new NME interview, Blanc
- Django Django have shared details of a UK, Ireland and Europe tour for October and November 2021.READ MORE: Django Django: “Sometimes you just want to escape and imagine that you’re someone else”The London-based art rockers will kick the tour off at Belfast’s Limelight venue on October 9 before wrapping things up at Lyon’s L’Epicerie Moderne on November 18. The tour is in support of their latest album, ‘Glowing In The Dark’, which was released in F
- Weezer took to social media on Tuesday (April 20) to reveal the track list for their long-awaited album Van Weezer. They also announced that the track “I Need Some Of That” will arrive on April 21.
Update (April 21): “I Need Some Of That” is out now; listen below.
“It’s almost Van Weezer time. These are all the songs on the album that comes out on May 7th,” the band wrote.
Van Weezer was originally meant to be released back in May 2020, to
- Wasserman, the agency founded and helmed by Casey Wasserman, has completed a year-long negotiation to acquire Paradigm Talent Agency’s North American live music representation business from founder Sam Gores and his brother Tom Gores, who bought a controlling interest in the agency last year.
The new division’s name? Wasserman Music.
“The new business unit is devoted to the representation of music artists and their development,” a press release announcing the deal reads.
- If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s been five years since Prince died unexpectedly of an accidental fentanyl overdose at age 57 on April 21, 2016.
Earlier in the day on Wednesday (April 21), 1,400 fans headed to Paisley Park in Minnesota, where the legend lived and worked, leaving flowers and mementos in front of a statue outside in the shape of his famous purple Love Symbol.
- Deftones have shared a brand new video for their 2020 track ‘Ceremony’, helmed by The Invisible Man director Leigh Whannell.READ MORE: Deftones: “Even in our worst moments, we persevere”‘Ceremony’ appears on the rock titans’ most recent album, 2020’s ‘Ohms’, and the new video stars Australian actress Cleopatra Coleman.
The video sees Coleman blagging her way into a decadent cocktail party before finding herself in decidedly more dangero
- Tonight (Wednesday April 21) Rough Trade and Music Declares Emergency will be teaming up to presents a free panel called Music in the Climate Crisis.READ MORE: Savages’ drummer and Music Declares Emergency co-founder Fay Milton on climate change – “Music needs to get real”The panel is part of Music Declares Emergency’s No Music On A Dead Planet campaign for Turn Up The Volume Week – calling upon the music industry to “reinforce its commitment to act
- More names have been added to Manchester Psych Fest’s lineup, including Girl Band, Porridge Radio, Dry Cleaning, KOKOROKO, Crack Cloud and The Mysterines.READ MORE: UK Festivals on testing, vaccine passports, line-ups and what to expect from the summer: “Safety is all we think about”Stereolab and Tinariwen were previously announced to play headline sets at the multi-venue event, which is held at the city’s O2 Ritz, Gorilla, Dancehouse, YES and Deaf Institute venues o
- Apple and Google will take the hot seat at a Senate Judiciary antitrust subcommittee hearing examining the companies’ app stores today (April 21), where Spotify legal official Horacio Gutierrez will testify as a witness.
The hearing will address the Silicon Valley tech giants’ power over the digital app market through their app stores. Developers must pay Apple and Google between 15 and 30 percent of their revenue to appear on the companies’ app stores, without a clear alt
Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie and Smokey Robinson to Be Honored by National Museum of African American MusicMusic pioneers Quincy Jones, Lionel Richie, Smokey Robinson and the Fisk Jubilee Singers have been chosen as the 2021 recipients of the National Museum of African American Music’s Rhapsody & Rhythm Awards.
The presentation will take place during NMAAM’s seventh annual Celebration of Legends Benefit Concert on June 17.
The fundraising event will also double as NMAAM’s kickoff to its three-day celebration of Black Music Month (June 17-19), hosted by the recently opened Nashvi
Follow @Music_News_US on Twitter!